BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:51:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sorry guys. My bad.  The actual model number is  model # G4311.   Thanks for the heads up JASONDCRUM.

Ok, I dont see model # G4311, but I did see model #G4211 and it looks and is described exactly as your first post.  Going to look in a bit to see if any at my Wal-Mart.  My city's Wal-Mart is not a Super Wal-Mart, but they do sell guns and ammo.  There is a Super Wal-Mart next city over, so that is an option as well.  I have been looking for one, not wanting to spend a buncha money, that I could bolt down and secure my couple long guns and few pistols.

Thanks!

See above- #G7311   !

These safes aren't 1k pounds so the can be carted off by a robber- They DO have the lag bolt holes in the bottom so take the time to get a hammer drill and lag them in- if you dont do it right when you by it you never will.  lol.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:04:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Sale priced to $39. All gone. I think he was talking about the stack-ons, but all safes were sold
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:23:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I tried three WalMarts near me... one in Bedford, one in Hurst, one in Grapevine.  No luck.  The way the girl in Bedford talked, I think another Arfcommer beat me to it this morning.  Guess I should have got out of bed before 11.  You snooze you lose!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Helluva deal it seems like...

But I have one of those similar...and 14 long guns is a mighty stretch....you can get about 8 in without too much trouble....10 you need to really be creative especially with a gew AR's and others with scopes.  Also, most shotguns are too long to sit in there comfortably.  I had to break one of my shoties down and the other is next to the door where the barrel can extend above the top shelf.

Asside from that....great deal.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:37:52 AM EDT
[#6]
taggage
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:30:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
See above- #G7311   !

These safes aren't 1k pounds so the can be carted off by a robber- They DO have the lag bolt holes in the bottom so take the time to get a hammer drill and lag them in- if you dont do it right when you by it you never will.  lol.

Ok, did another search, and found it (G7311).  Thanks!  I planned to put my in my basement/car garage and bolt it to the concrete.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#8]
2 stores, both sold out.

A day late and a dollar short. The story of my life.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:00:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok, here's the deal.  I printed off the Wal-marts located around me, that started with the closest one to me (1.91 miles away) to the farthest one (20.79 miles away).  I called each and every single one, asking to speak to Sporting Goods.  They either "did not carry gun safes", "did not carry that particular model", or "were out as this is not hunting season and won't get more until the middle of the year".

What struck me as funny?  This has certainly got to be a crock of shee-it, because of the TEN damn stores I called, every single one of the damn TEN stores I called (I know I repeated myself -did it for the drama), answered immediately, "Nope, don't have 'em".  I mean, I can't believe that there are a few employees in the world that take pride in their job, their department and their stock.  I find it hard as hell to believe that there ain't a safe sitting in the back of the store, and some idiot is too lazy to take a second to check.

Only one guy I talked to was actually like, "Yeah, you need to hunt that down, that is an awesome deal.  We had one of those and sold it a few weeks ago".  All the others were just, "Don't got".

I would say that you will more than likely waste your time calling (I just did).  As the author of this thread stated, you will probably need to go to the store, and press the employee, or better yet the MANAGER, to check in the back.  Surely, there are some damn safes still sitting in the back, all lonely and forgotten about, waiting for an Arfcommer.

YMMV.

Oh, and good luck!

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:22:53 PM EDT
[#11]
tag
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:46:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Went to my local Wally World in Georgia this morning.  They told me they have never stocked this safe.  He said different regions stock different items therefore there is no possibly of this safe being available in any Georgia Wal-Marts ....  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:53:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I went to Walmart.com to get a list of stores and phone numbers.

I called the 10 stores within 50 miles of me.  All said the same thing.
No gun safes whatsoever.  They sold out at Christmas.  

Special_FX_45   wanna sell me one of yours?

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#14]
So what happens when the batteries die?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:07:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Just got back from my local helll and they had two safes, NOT MARKED DOWN FROM $349.00. Had the guy check it in the register and it still went for $349.00. What gives?

I ventured out of the home for the first time in days, braved the usual suspects at the local hell (why are there always ghetto gangsters hanging outside Wal-Mart?) only to exit with a 12 pack of Diet Dr. Pepper, underwear and t-shirts.

How about scanning that receipt?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:28:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Steps to take in finding one (1)go to a local walmart (2)go to sporting goods (3) ask the guy if they have any (4) if they say no, tell them this is the store number 000947410 (5)ask them to check there computer and see if a walmart near by has any.....

I had a very nice and friendly guy help me...they can check there computers and do a search up to 150miles....

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:56:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Guys UPDATE..

I went to 4 more Walmarts yesterday and found every safe within 20 miles of Carrollton, TX- there were 14 as of yesterday. The problem is their all $349.00. The managers at each store have the ability to lower the price $139 but if people are buying the safe at 349.00 they will NOT reduce the price. I know because I got into several arguements with Walmart 'Management' as to why I could buy XXX gunsafe at one Walmart fot 139.00 and 8 miles up the road its 349.00- They said Walmart won't compete with themselves and tough luck.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#18]
all sold out by me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
good to keep kids or  the WIFE out

or IN.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:12:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
If any of you have trouble with Walmarts saying that they are not on sale, post on here and I'll gladly post my receipt of BOTH safes that I picked up for $129.99 so I can help make sure that they don't jip you.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Our local Great Blue Satan (western Colorado) has a few.  They scan at $349.  Talked to the manager and he said until he was notified by corporate, the price would not go down.

What gives????  He said it might just be a regional thing.  I thought all stores sold sale items at the same price.

A little help here, fellas.  What can I do to get the local store to sell me a couple of these at the sale price????

Where's that receipt scan?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I would get one but.........if there was an EMP attack I wouldent be able to ge t my guns.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I tried three WalMarts near me... one in Bedford, one in Hurst, one in Grapevine.  No luck.  The way the girl in Bedford talked, I think another Arfcommer beat me to it this morning.  Guess I should have got out of bed before 11.  You snooze you lose!

Check out the one in Roanoke at 114 and 377  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Guys UPDATE..

I went to 4 more Walmarts yesterday and found every safe within 20 miles of Carrollton, TX- there were 14 as of yesterday. The problem is their all $349.00. The managers at each store have the ability to lower the price $139 but if people are buying the safe at 349.00 they will NOT reduce the price. I know because I got into several arguements with Walmart 'Management' as to why I could buy XXX gunsafe at one Walmart fot 139.00 and 8 miles up the road its 349.00- They said Walmart won't compete with themselves and tough luck.

This is true.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#25]
 I saw one of these(14gn Sentry) last week marked down to $299 from $389  & I checked it
out closely, I've been wanting a smaller second safe with a digital lock for quick access.
It was late at night so I figured I'd come back & buy it in a couple days.

BIG MISTAKE,  it was gone  

won't make that mistake again !!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#26]
So will these guys do a price match if I show them a copy of a receipt "my brother gave me after buying one"?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#27]
tap
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top