Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#1]
No way in hell I would have an AK as a trunk gun. The ONLY weapon you expect the tangos to be using and you want one just like it??? Sounds like a "friendly fire" accident looking for a place to happen. JMO. Flame on.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:54:19 AM EDT
[#3]
How about a Russian M44 and 200 rounds of ammo for about 100.00? A Marlin 336 in 30/30 and 50 rounds for about 200.00. Even a SKS WITH the 10 round mag would be a better choice as far as AVOIDING frendly fire. Plus any of the above will be less likely to land you in jail when your pulled over and you car searched. (A MUCH more likely senario then blasting tangos at the local K-mart. No flame either just an opinion.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:54:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds to me as if we are all assuming they will use AK's.

Sure, AK's are the weapons of choice......OVER THERE, but here?

Besides, if Urban_Redneck is right, the tangos may want to use AR's so that they blend in with the cops!

BTW, has anyone ever read the book THE ENEMY WITHIN by Larry Bond? VERY scary, and deals with what we're talking about here.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 10:00:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Who knows. I read that they were training with AK's and figured with our borders as open as they are they have crates of AK's here already. Maybe their gonna use my idea on M44's in 7.62 x 54. We shall see though won't we?
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Jarhead...you beat me to it by about five minutes this afternoon.  I had actually posted part one of this up when I noticed yours and decided not to trod on you, so I just deleted mine.

This is unbelievably good info...for those who care to us it.

My source was a PowerPoint presentation by an FBI SA to a bunch of LEOs.  I still have it at work.  This stuff is truly scary and there are some VERY good lessons for all of us in there.

I am really glad I've been taking my IDPA matches more seriously lately...I would recommend that all of you do so also.  It's not a panacea...but it damn well can't hurt.

They may get me...since any engagement scenario would most likely pit me alone with my Walther P-99 .40 S&W (My luck, in a crowded train or out in public with panicked sheeple everywhere screaming at ME for having a GUN...against a couple of dudes with full auto AKs).  I don't like the odds...but I'll be damned before I give up.  I'm going down fighting.  Hell, maybe I'll get lucky and wing one of the assholes before they get me.  There's always that chance.

Aim small...hit small guys!  [pistol]

PS:  I'm making a Quantico commissary run tomorrow...maybe I ought to stop off at the PX and check out the new inventory?  Whadaya think...hmmmmm???  I could always use a nice new Romanian AK.  [heavy]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 4:01:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They may get me...since any engagement scenario would most likely pit me alone with my Walther P-99 .40 S&W (My luck, in a crowded train or out in public with panicked sheeple everywhere screaming at ME for having a GUN...against a couple of dudes with full auto AKs.  I don't like the odds...but I'll be damned before I give up.  I'm going down fighting.  Hell, maybe I'll get lucky and wing one of the assholes before they get me.  There's always that chance.
View Quote

That's the meat of it, right there. I'd most likely come out of an engagement like that in a box, but I'd rather go out fighting than on my knees.

Points to ponder:
“One hundred rounds do not constitute firepower. One hit contitutes firepower.”
-Gen. Merritt Edson, USMC

"To die with one's sword still in its sheath is most regrettable."
--Miyamoto Musashi

“If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may be even a worse fate. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
--Winston Churchill

“The great questions of the day will be decided not by speeches and majority votes, but by blood and iron.”
--Otto von Bismarck

“[it is a] fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen.''
--Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#8]

BTW, has anyone ever read the book THE ENEMY WITHIN by Larry Bond? VERY scary, and deals with what we're talking about here.
View Quote

Yes, it was a good book.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally posted by Jarhead_22
That's the meat of it, right there. I'd most likely come out of an engagement like that in a box, but I'd rather go out fighting than on my knees.
View Quote

Yup...now if I could just talk the missus into carrying.  I bought her a neat little lightweight five-shot Taurus .357 magnum a couple of years ago...but traded it in with another pistol as down payment on AR when she just wouldn't carry or train with it.  I can't seem to get her to come to grips with this damn war.  I know she is aware...but she, like most folks I know, just depends on the guvmint and the odds for protection.  I certainly hope in her case that she is right...especially since she is usually carting around the pee-wees too.

Link Posted: 7/19/2002 11:18:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The only other reason I've heard of shooting "homeboy stye" was a friend of mine talking about FBI training.  He said that in very dark situations, they would hold their pistols at a 90 degree angle, point with their pointer finger, and pull the trigger with the middle finger so they didn't aim too high.  He expained that in very dark situations, almost anyone will aim high (if they don't have night sights).  This is a horrible way to shoot, but in unique situations, it will help you to aim better.  Anyone else heard of this special application?
View Quote

I've never been told this or seen it done in any of my low light/no light training and no one was shooting high. Keeping the index finger in register does help with intuitively knowing where the muzzle is pointed but the index finger is always used to press the trigger.

But then, I have no idea what the FBI is training their agents. If their training doctrine is anything like their weapons doctrine, it changes all the time.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Nothing surprising here. It's not we who should be the receivers of such info, methinks none of us here are much shocked by any of this. I also think we're all set in the SHTF arena.

It won't be Al-Quaeda that gets us, it'll be Chuckie Schumer.

Then Al-Quaeda.

Better get good with those wrist-rocket slingshots(don't let Chuckie know)
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top