User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess that depends on how you look at it. Is a large Slurpee from 7-11 considered a big  lunch?  I'll bet it is.

Though I often get clobbered even if I have oatmeal for breakfast, then kind of a normal lunch. Protein is probably the answer.

Is vodka a vegetable? Potatoes right? Yep, definitely a vegetable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You skipping breakfast and having a big lunch?
I guess that depends on how you look at it. Is a large Slurpee from 7-11 considered a big  lunch?  I'll bet it is.

Though I often get clobbered even if I have oatmeal for breakfast, then kind of a normal lunch. Protein is probably the answer.

Yeah so here's the thing...

When you get old, that shit don't work anymore.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:55:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote
Holy shit!

Yeah, that'll put you in a hard crash.

For an experiment, try to limit your pre-dinner carb intake to about 40g or so a day. Do that for a week or three to see how you like it. This gives you enough of a budget to eat a sandwich or some fruit, but no fries or sugar loaded drinks. Most of your calories should come from meat and vegetables. You'll still do some damage after hours, but this should limit the crashing and fatigue you feel during the work day.

If you want to go to extremes to kill your problem, you could check out ketogenic dieting. It has a lot of benefits, and I'm enjoying the results  so far, but I'm not sure post-meal crashes alone would be enough to motivate me.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Well..... You know that this logo represents a clock right?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top