Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/11/2011 1:01:30 PM EDT
After combing that other e-cig thread, I called that first model I bought a "learning experience" and had a long talk with Mark, owner of Innovapor - who has set me up with a much better system that I should have maybe tomorrow.

Link Posted: 4/11/2011 1:44:03 PM EDT
I do not think you quit yet.
Link Posted: 4/11/2011 3:04:09 PM EDT
Quoted:
I do not think you quit yet.

I got through a full day of work without smoking a real cigarette....
I used to think that was impossible...

I found two packs of unopened Marlboros in the car after work today.
Didn't touch them....I'll give them to my neighbor...I'm DONE smoking real cigarettes....

I don't WANT to smoke anymore...tired of smelling like shit, the mess, etc...forget it....
When I get a craving, the E-cig does the trick...and no one at work minds me using it at my desk....so I don't have to go outside

I'll use the money I save to pay off my Mustang early (I spent about 1 car payment a month on smokes).
Link Posted: 4/11/2011 3:35:18 PM EDT
My wife's trying to quit so I bought her this setup from Smoke Tip
http://www.smoketip.com/
You get two battery packs. Main selling feature is the free shipping. She's still on full strength, but the object is to gradually reduce to the zero nicotine level.
Link Posted: 4/11/2011 7:24:30 PM EDT
For those of you interested in getting started and don't know what gear to go with, check the other thread I linked on the first page.  My last post in that thread, in reply to another member, has several links to build a nice startup kit that doesn't need to be upgraded and the batteries should last you at least a day each.

Link Posted: 4/11/2011 7:59:59 PM EDT
From what I have read you don't get much nic into you system via the ecig. The nic is there mostly for the throat hit. I have gone down to half a pack a week after a bit over a year on the ecig.
Link Posted: 4/11/2011 8:00:42 PM EDT
Congratulations!
Link Posted: 4/11/2011 8:07:52 PM EDT

Quoted:

From what I have read you don't get much nic into you system via the ecig. The nic is there mostly for the throat hit. I have gone down to half a pack a week after a bit over a year on the ecig.

The nicotine delivery via e-cig isn't that great, but you can compensate for that by increasing the nic level in your juices.  I'm at 24mg, just ordered 120ml of my favorite juice in 18mg so I can start the process of cutting off the nicotine completely.

As for throat hit, that's all PG.  The more PG in your juice, the more throat hit.  The more VG in your juice, the more vapor and thicker the juice is.  Some retailers, like FSUSA, will let you choose your blend for a balanced th/vapor.  My favorite so far is about 50/50, but my new bottle is 60/40 just to see if it wicks a little better since VG-heavy liquids can wick poorly and/or gunk up your atomizers and coils.

Link Posted: 4/11/2011 8:15:51 PM EDT
Quoted:

Quoted:

The nicotine delivery via e-cig isn't that great, but you can compensate for that by increasing the nic level in your juices.  I'm at 24mg, just ordered 120ml of my favorite juice in 18mg so I can start the process of cutting off the nicotine completely.

As for throat hit, that's all PG.  The more PG in your juice, the more throat hit.  The more VG in your juice, the more vapor and thicker the juice is.  Some retailers, like FSUSA, will let you choose your blend for a balanced th/vapor.  My favorite so far is about 50/50, but my new bottle is 60/40 just to see if it wicks a little better since VG-heavy liquids can wick poorly and/or gunk up your atomizers and coils.

Very true. I started making my own and have settled on 19mg 80% pg 20% vg. Produces a very nice throat hit and a good amount of vapor. They only premixed liquid that I buy is the clove blend from tasty vapor, good stuff.
Edit:
I have also found that vaping at 5 volts gives me a better gaping experience.
Link Posted: 4/11/2011 8:46:14 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You just traded one crutch for another.

It's better than the alternative....smoking until I die.

You live in a fairy tale land if you think those e cigs are harmless. You're still breathing chemicals into your body.

You really have no idea what your talking about do you?  Go shit in someone else thread.

There is only one thing that is harmful in ecigs.  Thats the nicotine.  Even then that amount can be adjusted.  
Even with a high level of nicotine (24-36mg) your absorbing less than a real cig.

The rest?
Ever been around a smoke machine?  Ever used a Inhaler?  Yep same damn thing.
Link Posted: 4/11/2011 9:10:57 PM EDT
johnny_dot_exe,

Thanx to your posts, I just made two orders. All this e-cig info was quite confusing; still is. But at least I took the first step. May have to get back with ya. We'll see...
Link Posted: 4/11/2011 9:18:39 PM EDT

Quoted:

johnny_dot_exe,

Thanx to your posts, I just made two orders. All this e-cig info was quite confusing; still is. But at least I took the first step. May have to get back with ya. We'll see...

No prob man, glad I could be of some assistance.  If you have any questions about anything, you're welcome to shoot me a PM or e-mail.

Link Posted: 4/11/2011 10:36:46 PM EDT
I just started on them saturday after seeing my mom and sister got them. I am just borrowing a passthur that connects to usb. Mine arrives hopefully tomorrow or wed. Theyre vapor4life e cigs.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 9:24:50 PM EDT
day 1. e cig kit arrived.  cost over 100 dollars to get shit going but i have blown 100 dollars on stupid shit. trying to do something good is worth it.  

decided to put it to the ultimate test on the first night. Got some beers.  

It works great.  have found that when I want a smoke I just take 3-4 drags off this thing and Im good. even with drinking which usually has me chain smoking.  This has replaced the smoke for good.  next step is stepping down the nicotine.

Link Posted: 4/14/2011 9:31:40 PM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You live in a fairy tale land if you think those e cigs are harmless. You're still breathing chemicals into your body.

Please provide evidence of the harm.

Otherwise, why are you here?
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 9:51:45 PM EDT
Good for you! Keep it up.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 10:17:45 PM EDT
Still doing good

Invested in a few more 510 batteries, atomizers and some E-liquid made by a local firm here in Boise....

Link Posted: 4/14/2011 10:21:32 PM EDT
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please provide evidence of the harm.  
Otherwise, why are you here?

I'll give some evidence right now...
I feel better than I have in years....my lungs don't feel like a sack of rocks when I wake up in the morning...
I have more energy....even sack time with the wife unit is much better

Link Posted: 4/15/2011 6:02:10 AM EDT
I seriously need to look into this, been hopelessly addicted to smoking for 20 years now. I'm smoking up a truck payment every month with the added bonus of killing myself slow. Congrats on your success
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 6:22:30 AM EDT

Quoted:

I seriously need to look into this, been hopelessly addicted to smoking for 20 years now. I'm smoking up a truck payment every month with the added bonus of killing myself slow. Congrats on your success

It's definitely worth a shot.  There's so many different types of gear methods and juices out there that if you aren't satisfied on the first try...you can try something else.  Atomizer + cartridge, cartomizer, atomizer + drip tip, clearomizer, giantomizer, MAP tank mod, all sorts of options out there to try.  The only problem you're almost guaranteed to have is wanting to turn it in to a hobby and blowing all your money on newer/better gear.

Link Posted: 4/16/2011 9:07:29 PM EDT
johnny_dot_exe.

Thanx to you and others, I overcame my bewilderment with all the options and jumped in using your recommended sites and info. I just went past 48 hours without an analog! Day-um, I'm a happy camper!

Here's my story: pack and a half/two packs a day for over 40 years. Been wanting to quit but didn't know how without killin' someone, other than myself. 'Bout 16 years ago, I upped and stop cold turkey. After four weeks, I told my bride that I wanted to start again after being sooooooooo miserable. She said, hang with it and see how far you can go. Well, after ten weeks, I again said, I'm gonna start smoking again. Her reply without hesitation, "OK".

So. here I am tar free, happy and looking forward to kicking this 'devil'. Although I may get to zero nicotine, I'll probably stay with vaping due to the enjoyment and taste I have gotten from a pipe when I tried that alternative in the past.

So, for all the 'hooked' out there, PLEASE give this ecig thing a try! I followed j_d_e's recommendations and got an eGo Mega and some different juices. Just put in another juice order for variety.

Excuse my French, but I'm fvckin' jumpin' with joy!

Link Posted: 4/16/2011 9:36:44 PM EDT
I quit two weeks ago. I tried the e-cigs, Nicorette, Chantix and patch in the past. I have bought so many packs, smoked one and then poured water over the rest of the pack and thrown it away.

Two weeks ago I just couldn't continue the habit. This time it wasn't hard and I didn't use any of the stop smoking aids. I am going to the gym and cooking delicious meals. Just met a girl so I am glad I don't have smoker's breath.
Link Posted: 4/16/2011 10:28:44 PM EDT
I'm glad this got posted. A co-worker of mine was puffing away on one of these the other day and swore by it, but he's one of those trend chasing types so I just shrugged it off. I really want to quit and I think I'll try this.

And don't worry RickNC, there's bound to be an eCock coming out soon for you to puff away at.
Link Posted: 4/16/2011 10:40:10 PM EDT
I've been using my E=cig since the very first post about Ecigs here ( what almost two years ago )

I love my Prodigy v2 and 36mg Redbull,  I'll never go back.
Link Posted: 4/16/2011 11:09:47 PM EDT

Quoted:

I'm thinking about taking up the e-cig habit.  What's the lowest dose?  Also, can I get it with just the water vapor...no nicotine at all?

yes you can get 0-nic juice.  and the next highest is 6mg/ml.  6mg would be roughly equal to a half a pack to a pack a day of ultra lights.

Link Posted: 4/16/2011 11:34:02 PM EDT
Awesome, I hope it works out for you. In the last four months I've lost an Aunt and an Uncle to that shit.
Link Posted: 4/22/2011 8:50:22 PM EDT
It's been 11 days now..

Real cigarette smoke smells like shit now.... (funny, it used to be the best smell in the world to me).

No desire to resume smoking Marlboros

Habbits have changed...had to train the clerks at the local stop and rob NOT to automatically hand me a pack of Marlboros (every one of them did this ).
No more ashtrays, lighters, going outside and standing in the rain.....
No more opening the window of the car when it;s 20 degrees out and blowing the smoke out the window (car smells better).

I reach for my little E-cig less and less....my battery lasted me all day today at work......
I guess the biggest thing for me was getting over the fear of not being able to whip out a cigarette and light it up right away....

I have a LOT more energy, too....

Fuck, I'm amazed...I thought I would never stop.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 12:13:35 AM EDT

Quoted:

It's been 11 days now..

Real cigarette smoke smells like shit now.... (funny, it used to be the best smell in the world to me).

No desire to resume smoking Marlboros

Habbits have changed...had to train the clerks at the local stop and rob NOT to automatically hand me a pack of Marlboros (every one of them did this ).

No more ashtrays, lighters, going outside and standing in the rain.....

No more opening the window of the car when it;s 20 degrees out and blowing the smoke out the window (car smells better).

I reach for my little E-cig less and less....my battery lasted me all day today at work......

I guess the biggest thing for me was getting over the fear of not being able to whip out a cigarette and light it up right away....

I have a LOT more energy, too....

Fuck, I'm amazed...I thought I would never stop.

im at about a week i think , whenever I poted about recieving my e cig havent had a real one since.  drinkin heavy onight and ecig doin just fine

Link Posted: 4/23/2011 1:18:17 AM EDT
I gave it a shot. I just liked the real taste of tobacco too much.

I'm going to try again after finals with the electronic cigarettes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 1:53:11 AM EDT

Quoted:

day 1. e cig kit arrived.  cost over 100 dollars to get shit going but i have blown 100 dollars on stupid shit. trying to do something good is worth it.  

decided to put it to the ultimate test on the first night. Got some beers.  

It works great.  have found that when I want a smoke I just take 3-4 drags off this thing and Im good. even with drinking which usually has me chain smoking.  This has replaced the smoke for good.  next step is stepping down the nicotine.

3-4 drags? lol, I'll puff on mine till the batteries dead.  Love these things, but I didn't use it to quit smoking because I'm a nonsmoker, these things just fucking rock.

Link Posted: 4/23/2011 4:43:21 AM EDT
Just placed an order. We'll see how this bad boy works.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 5:07:20 AM EDT
I don't have enough time right now to explain the details of this thing, but here's my story.
Quit Jan-1 this year. Havn't looked back once all due to the e-cig. I have spent lots of
money on e-cigs trying to find one that works good. I have found the e-cig cadillac.
It's called the ego-t it's from JoyeTech. Awesome Awesome Awesome. My battery
lasts for a few days, and I fill it up once a day pretty much, and I'm set. No foams, or
fillers to put in the cart, and absolutely no leaks, or any juice getting sucked through the
cartridge. I highly highly suggest you e-cig users check this out.

Sorry for the crappy pic.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 6:06:37 AM EDT
Finally got around to ordering some of those Rev5 XL clearomizers, and they're actually pretty badass.  Some do form stress cracks at the bottom of the tube, you can either flip the tube around or cut a BD/monoject 3ml syringe to length and use that as the tube.  Thicker/darker liquids tend to gunk up that coil a lot faster, haven't found a good way to clean that stuff off yet.  Other than that...awesome vapor and pure, untainted flavor.
Quoted:

I don't have enough time right now to explain the details of this thing, but here's my story.

Quit Jan-1 this year. Havn't looked back once all due to the e-cig. I have spent lots of

money on e-cigs trying to find one that works good. I have found the e-cig cadillac.

lasts for a few days, and I fill it up once a day pretty much, and I'm set. No foams, or

fillers to put in the cart, and absolutely no leaks, or any juice getting sucked through the

http://i56.tinypic.com/zoo4h.jpg

I've heard mixed reviews on those eGo-T kits.  Some people love them, some people having nothing but problems with them.

Joyetech just released the 510-T kit, can't quite remember who sells them but they're supposed to be pretty good.  I had assumed that they discontinued the 510 line in favor of the eGo line, but apparently not.

Link Posted: 4/23/2011 6:26:50 AM EDT
I've been making my own cigarettes for a couple years now and don't really have any intentions of quitting, but these e-cigs have always interested me.

I never knew there was so much to them!

Couple questions:

Can I use an e-cig on a plane or in a movie theater?

Do the menthol versions leave any odor?

Thanks!
Speed
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 6:32:54 AM EDT

Quoted:

I've been making my own cigarettes for a couple years now and don't really have any intentions of quitting, but these e-cigs have always interested me.

Couple questions:

Thanks!
Speed

Not sure about a plane, though I have heard plenty of people say they did it.  Movie theaters should be fine as long as there's no sign clearly prohibiting it and they don't tell you that you can't.

I was puffing away on some menthol ultra from FSUSA the other day, and I don't recall it leaving behind any long-lasting odor.  Other people in the room knew it was menthol, though.

Link Posted: 4/23/2011 6:40:51 AM EDT
tag so I can quit too.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 6:23:16 AM EDT
Quoted:
Finally got around to ordering some of those Rev5 XL clearomizers, and they're actually pretty badass.  Some do form stress cracks at the bottom of the tube, you can either flip the tube around or cut a BD/monoject 3ml syringe to length and use that as the tube.  Thicker/darker liquids tend to gunk up that coil a lot faster, haven't found a good way to clean that stuff off yet.  Other than that...awesome vapor and pure, untainted flavor.

Quoted:

http://i56.tinypic.com/zoo4h.jpg

I've heard mixed reviews on those eGo-T kits.  Some people love them, some people having nothing but problems with them.

Joyetech just released the 510-T kit, can't quite remember who sells them but they're supposed to be pretty good.  I had assumed that they discontinued the 510 line in favor of the eGo line, but apparently not.

I read the same reviews before I bought mine, and decided I would try it anyways. I have had absolutely 0 problems with mine so far.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 6:35:33 AM EDT
Quoted:

Just a thought––-everyone I know who tried the e-cig with tobacco flavored nicotine ended up going back to real cigs.  I almost did myself––when I first ordered one, I ordered a bunch of tobacco flavored juice, and on a whim ordered a bottle of vanilla and a bottle of strawberry.  Once I noted that the tobacco flavor was crap, I was gonna go back to real smoking, but since the missus was so excited that I was quitting real cigs, I tried the strawberry and vanilla just to see.  i found that I liked them a lot better, and the folks I know who tried fruit flavors or the like actually stuck with the e-cigs and didn't go back to the real thing.  

Which I guess is a long winded way of suggesting that you try some of the fruit flavors next time (from the e-cig showing up to my being done with real cigarettes took all of 3 days once I tried the other flavors.)

ETA:  To give a time frame, my last real cigarette was in June 2009, after 17 years of 2 packs a day of Camel filters.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 9:27:36 AM EDT

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just a thought––-everyone I know who tried the e-cig with tobacco flavored nicotine ended up going back to real cigs.  I almost did myself––when I first ordered one, I ordered a bunch of tobacco flavored juice, and on a whim ordered a bottle of vanilla and a bottle of strawberry.  Once I noted that the tobacco flavor was crap, I was gonna go back to real smoking, but since the missus was so excited that I was quitting real cigs, I tried the strawberry and vanilla just to see.  i found that I liked them a lot better, and the folks I know who tried fruit flavors or the like actually stuck with the e-cigs and didn't go back to the real thing.  

Which I guess is a long winded way of suggesting that you try some of the fruit flavors next time (from the e-cig showing up to my being done with real cigarettes took all of 3 days once I tried the other flavors.)
ETA:  To give a time frame, my last real cigarette was in June 2009, after 17 years of 2 packs a day of Camel filters.
I just figured out yesterday that I like the strawberry sample cartridge they gave me WAAAYYY more than the monthol shit I ordered.  It's like smoking a piece of cand. very enjoyable .  Gonna order a bottle of it.

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 9:31:48 AM EDT
So far out of all the juices I've tried from freedomsmokeusa, my favorites are...

Watermelon(dripped or clearo)

Max/boro(carto or clearo)

Wyatt Earp(dripped)

I also managed to pick up a 2.8ohm MAP tank mod last night right before they sold out.  This time they received a pretty big shipment, about 20 of each, only took maybe 12 hours for them to sell out.  When I ordered mine there were 3 left of that rating, and 5 left of 3.2.  Now I just need to build an 18650 tube-style mod to stick that tank on, and I'll be in vape heaven.

For those of you that aren't quite 100% happy with your cartos, give the CE2 XL clearomizers a try.  They're not too friendly with VG-heavy liquids, but I'm having no issues with 50/50 and 60/40 liquids so far.  I'm getting a lot more vapor and a very pure flavor from these things.  Awesomevapor.com sells them for $9/pack which is a pretty awesome price comparted to $11-13/pack elsewhere, they're the newest revision and only available in 2.8-3.0ohm which read at 2.8ohm and work great @ 3.7volts.  They do sometimes have stress cracks at the bottom of the tube out of the package, or form them over time, so you can either flip the tube or cut down a 3ml BD or Monoject syringe to use as a new, more durable tube.  The stock tubes are also prone to cracking via chemical reaction with certain juices.  You either pull all the plugs and drip-fill like a carto, or pull just the "doughnut" plug and syringe-fill...I use a 3ml Monoject luer-lock syringe with a 20g 1.5" blunt-tip luer-lock needle which cost $3-ish.

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 9:44:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 12:16:14 PM EDT
Quoted:
Interesting

Interesting yes,but from just taking a quick look on the AR-15 of E-cigs I think most of the people on there are out of there fucking minds.
I can see if you want to quit smoking I can understand that but as a hobby ? Modifying them and custom flavors and then large collections of E-cigs.

I know I'm being narrow minded but I think there nuts,get a real hobby like guns.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:12:32 PM EDT
Well, I ran 2 1/2 miles the other day and I was able to sprint at the end.
NEVER been able to do that before...
I also have a lot more energy throughout the day and can actually concentrate better.

If you smoke, you need to QUIT....I feel one HELL of a lot better now...

Also, try Johnson Creek smoke juice...
Little company out of Wisconsin...good stuff
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:14:31 PM EDT
Yeah, I've heard good things about Johnson Creek.  Their juices, and Backwoods Brew juices, are next on my "need to try" list.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:11:24 AM EDT
been a couple weeks now and my charger broke  the good news is they are sending me a new one free.

The really good news is I bought a bag of tobacco and realized just how much I don't like real cigs after just two weeks. Pretty certain I wont go back to them as long as I have an e cig and once I start stepping down the nicotine shouldn't ever need one even without the e cig
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:04:16 AM EDT
I received an eGo-Go kit from cigeasy last Monday. The reviews looked good, so went ahead and spent the extra bucks for it. Gotta say I like it and it's nice to be off regular cigs after 40 years. Here is the website:
http://www.cigeasy.com/default.asp

Thanks for all the info.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:14:05 AM EDT
Quoted:

Couple questions:

Thanks!

Speed

I've been doing the same. I roll my own and I like it but I have also been trying out the e-cigs. I bought and Ego and then converted it to the Ego-T for the tanks. The tanks work so much better than the cartomizers, just fill em up and go. I haven't had any leaking problems and the flavors are amazing. I mostly use the e-cig at work or at my buddies house where there is no smoking anyway and he has been vaping for a few years now. Here is my biggest problem. I like to smoke, I really enjoy it and am not really willing to stop but the e-cig thing really helps if I'm in a place where I can't smoke. I haven't even tried the smoke flavors like 555 or RYO because I didn't want to replace my own analogs. I have tried sweet flavors like Fennel,Butterscotch,Cherry,Anise,Liquorice,an­d they are amazing. I don't know about menthol because I never liked menthol cigs to begin with but none of the flavors I have tried leave any odor at all and as for airplanes I think it's been banned from what I saw on the news a few weeks ago. If I wanted to quit, this would be the way I would do it. One more thing about the tanks vrs. carties or atties. I had a hard time getting the carts to clear out the bad taste from the preservative oil and got discouraged. When I tried the tanks, there is no oil and the flavor came in right away and was quite strong, you also don't have to drip because the juice is just constantly there. I also went with the lowest nicotine levels I could get, 11mg because I figured that that if I was going to use this all the time I didn't want to OD myself on nicotine. I found that the lowest levels works just fine for me and takes away any desire for a real cig.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:23:16 AM EDT
good for you,man...........hang tough,the craving takes a long time to go away completely.
I'm smoke free since Nov. 2 of '98........
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:56:54 AM EDT
Quoted:

although nicotine itself has negative affects on the body at least he eliminated the smoke
plus from  the little bit of reading I just did you can get lower level doses for them allowing them to be a good way to get off nicotine altogether
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:01:32 AM EDT
You're still sucking down nicotine.

I hope you quit it outright soon.
Page / 3
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.