Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I just read the other thread.  What the!  I thought Absinth was all green from the wormwood, ala Green Fairie and the other bottles I've seen.  What's up with the blue?

Okay, did some more looking.  I see that it comes in a variety of colors and flavors, even bottles of essence to roll your own.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Awww      Easy come, easy go I suppose.

Yea I would have bet someone money they couldnt chug it or something.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:30:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just read the other thread.  What the!  I thought Absinth was all green from the wormwood, ala Green Fairie and the other bottles I've seen.  What's up with the blue?

Okay, did some more looking.  I see that it comes in a variety of colors and flavors, even bottles of essence to roll your own.

I wouldn't do the roll your own for fucking anything.  That's dangerous as hell.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:32:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Yr. a good dude Roadie
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:06:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't do the roll your own for fucking anything.  That's dangerous as hell.

Calm down.  The bottle of essense is a measured Thujon content, volume premeasured for X amount of alchohol.  I certainly wouldn't abuse it but I'm sure many would.

It's just that I can't STAND the taste of alcohol itself so I would want to put it in a cocktail or non-alchoholic beverage so I wouldn't have to drink so much alcohol with it.

Everything in moderation...
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:11:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Calm down.  The bottle of essense is a measured Thujon content, volume premeasured for X amount of alchohol.  I certainly wouldn't abuse it but I'm sure many would.

It's just that I can't STAND the taste of alcohol itself so I would want to put it in a cocktail or non-alchoholic beverage so I wouldn't have to drink so much alcohol with it.

Everything in moderation...

If THAT's what it is I don't see a problem, but I've never seen that.  All the ones I've seen are wormwood chips or essential oil of wormwood, which can kill you pretty easily.

I am calm.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:25:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The blue stuff is crap.  In the world of absinth that stuff is the equivalent to jug wine.  The green tint comes from the different ingredients, not just the wormwood.  It's not a real deep green (though some cheeper brands add food coloring)  Unless it was a bottle of emile or jade it probably wasn't worth drinking.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The blue stuff is crap.  In the world of absinth that stuff is the equivalent to jug wine.  The green tint comes from the different ingredients, not just the wormwood.  It's not a real deep green (though some cheeper brands add food coloring)  Unless it was a bottle of emile or jade it probably wasn't worth drinking.

Bah.  There are many different colors of absinth, and the traditional green is not always the best tasting or highest thujone content.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I realized how many colors they come in after following one of the links in this post.  They also come mixed with a variety of spirits.

QuietShootr, I can understand your reaction.  The same website I went to offered the raw wormwood and such like you mentioned, and another form which I can't recall.  I had never seen the extract offered separately.  One product's content is enough to make a 750ml bottle of booze a bitter (tripple/highest thujon content allowed) but they hint that if you mixed with less alcohol, it would of course be stronger.  Then another product they carry is enough for 35 bottles of booze.  They have mix kits and even a bottle that comes with a dropper to add that "kick" to your favorite beverage.  Each product came with instructions (yeah, like anyone reads those). They even have absinthe soda!

I'm quite sure that many people who buy the bottles of liquid essence get it with the intention of abuse (hmm, a little is groovy, how about a crap load?!)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top