Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:02:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:14:33 PM EDT
[#3]
The shirts are most excellent.  Assuming I'm hired for this job I'm interviewing for tomorrow I'd like to get one.

Thanks for getting a pic of the SCAR in hand.  That really puts the firearm in perspective, a lot smaller than I expected too.  If it wasn't for the stock I'd say the SCAR and XCR look a lot similar.  Which reminds me, don't forget to hit the Robarms booth.  We need pics, but most importantly we need info.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:36:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
And for the record, while I'll take AN AR over a SCAR any day, the SIG 556 is hotter than the SCAR.

What do you not like about the SCAR?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:09:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Also, where can I get that AR15 shirt in those pics?

+1, that is a cool shirt.

You like the shirts? Those were a quick run done for the show; can have more made up if there is an interest... when we get back we'll see what the interest level is, and run some more off...

I met Edward at the show.

The girls were hanging all over him.

We gotta get some of those shirts.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And how can Smith and Wesson get away with charging 1700 for an AR?!

Having looked the the rifles today, they are very reasonably priced... base models MSRP at somewhere just under $1K if I recall correctly, the $1500 MSRP is for a fully-decked out rifle with troy rail system, folding sights, etc.

Posted pics and brief notes here

And for the record, while I'll take AN AR over a SCAR any day, the SIG 556 is hotter than the SCAR. If I had my choice of rifles though, I'd take one of the MGIs, in .223 and .308 with it's ability to change based on the mission, and the ability to be taken down and fit into a briefcase.

Rumor has it that S&W ARs are made by STAG.  I heard this at SHOT from a very reliable source.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Rumor has it that S&W ARs are made by STAG.  I heard this at SHOT from a very reliable source.

Is there anything about the S & W that distiguishes it as a top pick?

I realize what Stag is all about, but beyond that, is there any S/W element to it?

TIA
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Also, where can I get that AR15 shirt in those pics?

+1, that is a cool shirt.

You like the shirts? Those were a quick run done for the show; can have more made up if there is an interest... when we get back we'll see what the interest level is, and run some more off...

I met Edward at the show.

The girls were hanging all over him.

We gotta get some of those shirts.

+1 for the shirts,

And OP, why weren't you at dinner at 777?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:07:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Quoted:

hehe. oh boy
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I realize what Stag is all about, but beyond that, is there any S/W element to it?

TIA

Besides their logo stamped all over it... including on Both the front and rear TROY buis's? I doubt it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks GB.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:48:53 PM EDT
[#13]
tagged for more.... so Ed how was the pre-shot activities
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TIA

Besides their logo stamped all over it... including on Both the front and rear TROY buis's? I doubt it.

It just looked like another AR to me, really. *shrug*
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#15]
What is it that you dont find favorable about the SCAR? Is it lighter than the SIG?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Having looked the the rifles today, they are very reasonably priced... base models MSRP at somewhere just under $1K if I recall correctly, the $1500 MSRP is for a fully-decked out rifle with troy rail system, folding sights, etc.

And for the record, while I'll take AN AR over a SCAR any day, the SIG 556 is hotter than the SCAR. If I had my choice of rifles though, I'd take one of the MGIs, in .223 and .308 with it's ability to change based on the mission, and the ability to be taken down and fit into a briefcase.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
What is it that you dont find favorable about the SCAR? Is it lighter than the SIG?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes it is lighter.

So much so that the SCAR-H is going to really kick and be tough to actually control in FA fire.

The coolest thing about the SCAR IMO was the super-adjustable-does-everything stock.  Other than that I thought it was so so.  The 5.56 version will probably be okay.

Overall though, the whole rifle is very plastic.  It reminded me of the weight and feel of picking up an airsoft.  FWIW I feel the same way picking up the P90 and HK UMP.  Overall it was very ergonomic and pointable.  I'd like to shoot one someday and get a real feel for it - just not in 7.62.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Days 3 and 4
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:43:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

hehe. oh boy

What?

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:03:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Anyone else see the 1300 Lumens HID Metal Halide Flashlight by AE? PW24 is it's model name. Compare it to Surefire's Beast which was just around 2000 lumens. It's 1/10th the cost of it and runs on a rechargeable lithium ion battery instead of 20 CR123's like the Beast.

www.magnalight.com/pc-84-30-24-watt-1300-lumen-halide-rechargeable-flashlight.aspx
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:42:23 AM EDT
[#20]
So was there any word from FNH on whether or not the SCAR would be available for sale to civilians?  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:04:08 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
So was there any word from FNH on whether or not the SCAR would be available for sale to civilians?  

Yep, about 1 1/2 years from now until it's ready though....
I like it better than the Sig, but in usual Arfcom fashion, I'll probably get both..
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:29:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:20:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Anyone else see the 1300 Lumens HID Metal Halide Flashlight by AE? PW24 is it's model name. Compare it to Surefire's Beast which was just around 2000 lumens. It's 1/10th the cost of it and runs on a rechargeable lithium ion battery instead of 20 CR123's like the Beast.

www.magnalight.com/pc-84-30-24-watt-1300-lumen-halide-rechargeable-flashlight.aspx

sweet looking light

Speaking of Surefire, I recall seeing they had a new weapon-light.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TIA

I agree.  Just an S&W advertisement on an AR.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TIA

I agree.  Just an S&W advertisement on an AR.

I'll have to get one anyway......just cause I have one of everything else.......
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top