BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#1]
YESSIR!
Great minds think alike!
Maybe it too many Rosie's on TV, I don't know what makes the final "straw that breaks the camel's back". I keep siphoning off $20 here, $20 there (unknown to the wife). The last gun she remember's me buying is the Bushmaster (too much to slide in under her radar) she hasn't heard about the "extra" 12 ga.,the SKS, or the AK! Not to mention all those "heavy metal boxes" at the end of the hall" (ammo in appropriate ammo cans).
[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I have often pondered my obsession with guns. Exotic guns, like exotic cars or exotic women, fascinate me. To me they are functional pieces of art meant to be admired as well as used. I buy a gun and accesorize until I have achieved a perfect piece of art that is a reflection of my personality. It is as individual as I am. Of course they are good to have just in case....

TXAR
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Perhaps........just maybe.................an Army is being raised up to fight against the evil that is already on the way.

Possibly we are all part of something of supreme importance.........some have fleeting thoughts of it.............some merely sense it but don't exactly know what to do with it or make of it and some.........some know it is coming.

It is not possible that mere paranoia is the common denominator between us all.

It is not happenstance.  Not mere coincidence.

Prepare.................if you feel it then prepare.

[b]You all come and visit me now..........you and all your friends[/b]
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 8:54:41 PM EDT
[#4]
No you are not nuts.A couple of years ago I started collecting assualt weapons and have enjoyed all of them. My newest is an habar target ar15 which has a 4-16x scope. It shoots great and is the pride of my collection.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Just for what it's worth...

My gut feeling has been around for awhile now...
Not from reading posts on this board or any type of paranoia...But for a couple years actually.
I owned my 1st AR-15 for several months before even learning of this website...
It actually all started years ago with my love of handguns...
At one time I probably had 6 or 8 of them.
Now, several have been replaced with AR's & AK's.
I blame my 1st AR-15 purchase on my dealer...
I was at his gunshop/indoor range shooting a couple handguns...
When I finished shooting, I wandered around the gun store checking out the military stuff...
I asked him to show me how the AR-15 funtions(having never held one)
As he was explaining the features, he says "Art, I can't believe a guy like you doesn't own a COUPLE of these"

Well, to make a long story short, I ended up buying that AR from him...

Exactly 1 week later,I found myself at the Ft. Washington gun show buying parts to build a 2nd AR...

A few weeks later...
After having reliability problems with both AR's, I decided to look at AK-47's...now I have 2 of those.
I still have that 1st AR and it shoots 100% every time now,after working the "bugs" out...
I've since traded that frankengun I built and a Carbon-15 I picked up, Both of those gave me trouble...
I also tried a SAR-3 .223 AK and had trouble with it...so it got traded too...
Right now both my AR's (1 20" XM15 E2S Bushmaster & 1 Olympic with 20" Colt upper)      
and both my AK's (milled MAK-90 & WUM-1) are 100% reliable...
Reliability is MOST important to me.
What should I get next ?
Still have that "gut" feeling I need more guns & ammo.

Of course, I probably will need to eat also...
Guess I can't eat my guns...
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 9:25:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Warriors act when they have that gut feeling. Sheeple simply roll over accept the hell that awaits them. Do not be alarmed at those feelings. Some of us have been preparing for 15 or 20 years. Do we get disappointed that nothing happens, no we simply realize that like the frog, government turns the heat up slowly. Do we expect that something will happen, yes. History should be the greatest teacher. This nation the last time I checked the stats is heading into a 2nd rate status at the speed of light. We are lied to, and then forced to witness atrocities by our government and told to like it for it is for our protection.

If you prepare for the eventual shtf, have a little gold or silver plus items to barter, prepare for a time that food will be used as a weapon (don't be beholding to anyone because they will expect your weapons for food), and most important amass that which makes you comfortable in the weapons area to include weapons, ammo, and materials to fix that which may break down.

Eternal vigilence is the price of freedom. It falls to those who are capable of weathering the storm of ridicule and persecution to secure the rights of liberty to those who will follow. Keep your powder dry, and maintain an eternal watch.

I believe that it was Patton who said that a good soldier is not one that dies for his country, but one that makes the enemy die for his (hope that right). You are the only one that can determine where you will be when the powers that be force an issue, and your very liberty is at stake.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 10:42:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't get too worried.  That bad feeling in your gut is most likely nothing more than a bad burrito getting even with you.  A large segment of each generation has felt that things were falling apart, that the nation was headed for disaster, that we were going to be taken over, etc.  ANd no matter how strong each generation has believed, it hasn't happened.  It won't happen in this generation, or the next few either.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm afraid Ratters has it dead on.
This same feeling, that I also hold is similar to the feeling you get when you realise that you just lost at chess even though there are a good 50 moves left.
The feeling is knowing that we are the last who would, or could, or even have the thought of risking *anything* to remain free.
I've actually spent a great deal of time off this board because it is so strong, and so frustrating.
You buy these items in some subconcious hope that they are a means to keep us free, but in the end, we are dying out, and our country...our world will become some "Logan's Run" style utopia where a computer decides when you should die.

(continued..)

Link Posted: 5/12/2001 10:55:48 PM EDT
[#10]
(continuing)

Frankly, it's over. I am normally an optimist, but every youngster I speak to cares less to have a clue about freedom. You might frown on them, or expose their ignorance, but it won't matter. They will look at you with the same interested eyes that they generate for every other fossil with a story they meet and move on.
The fight is Theirs, not ours, and they don't care.
It's our fault ya know....
We've been sitting around with our little fantasies of revolution, and hiding our guns for when we need them (bwahahaha) that we missed it completely.
The machine played a better game and won. It played on our fears and paranoias and made us hide.
It knew that they game was not about us, but instead those who supercede us.
It will be a bright, shiney, maintained machine when our buried stockpiles are rusted archeologist fodder.
What is "coming" is already here, and more solidified than we could hope to be at our best.
Why?
Because it's easier to complain than vote.
Because it's easier to hide than die.
Because it's more fun to buy weapons than to teach.
Because it's always about "us" and what "we" would do.
Yes, compare the feeling to that of losing and you will see it is the same. The feeling of red lights in your rear view, or your spouse walking away. It is the same.
You can distract yourself by hand painting your camo to match your suburbian backyard but it makes no difference. That is the distraction your opponent was wishing for you.

(continued)
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 10:56:54 PM EDT
[#11]
(continuing)

The Hero of the day will be the one who wakes up, realizes this is true, and finds the solution.
That hero will not be me, because I've racked my brains for the last few years trying to find a way out of this....nothing.
And so, after this rather depressing post, I put to all of you....
Who can find a way to make our youth realize what has slipped away.
Who can stop thinking about what finish to adorne their AR with and spend that time discovering how to make the next generation carry the torch?
Who can be selfless enough to stop dreaming of Ruby Ridge scenarios and fight for an unpublished battle of changing the way the masses feel freedom?
Easy right?
Let me ask all of you this...
Would you, right now, if given the opportunity, give every firearm you own to a kid you knew would fight for freedom and never get them, or any weapon back?
If that took you more than 2 seconds to think about, then you were playing the wrong game and lost.
There are no qualifiers to that. There's no "Oh, my kid will inherit them"... I mean any good kid who you knew understood freedom..RIGHT NOW.
The exercise here is not about the legalities of giving away firearms...it's actually not about giving anything away at all.
It's a demonstration of how we think about freedom and our role in it.
Most people have a clouded view of what the value of their weapons are. I am no different.
For some reason, the main value is often the "cool" factor...admit it.
I have more, and better, and blacker, so I'm cooler. I fit in, I'm stronger, they like me...etc.
It amazes me how thoughts cross *my* mind (yes, I'll take this one alone) of how sorry I'd be to loose all my guns, or my right to own them if I made a stand for freedom.
Instead, I'll sit around and wait for the big revolution and boy..I'll be like a Commander or something with *MY* arsenal. Pathetic.
Did you spend the day drooling on that ACOG or did you spend the day dreaming of teaching somebody..ANYBODY the value of freedom?
If you answer honestly, will you really be suprised at the position we are in?... Because that Damned Machine spent it's day..24 hours a day teaching the masses that safety is more important than freedom.....conviencience is more important than freedom...GODDAM MTV is more important than freedom. It doesn't even have to think about us for 2 seconds because we are all too busy finding the biggest, most macho shovel to bury our AR's with in "Defiance".
Yep, I know that sinking feeling well, because what we are afraid of is not that something is coming, but that something didn't come.
Aw sh*t..maybe this Utopia will be a darn happy place. Looks like we're gonna find out.

SameShot, Different Day
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 11:22:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Well said SameShot.  Good to have you back.

It really is about the teaching.  Many of us are shamed of our guns or talking about them. I teach, which is not the bastion of freedom minded thinking, and everyone I work with knows I have guns and what kind.  They know I am a "normal" person and I find it stuns them at first, but that helps to open up conversation about guns and freedom.  It really is about teaching.  Tell people you have guns and why.  Explain to them how taxes take money out of the economy and go to non-productive uses.  Yes, even the money going to the military harms the economy.  Tell them about how RICO laws and the war on drugs are destroying the Bill of Rights.  Show them where we are heading.  Many will not listen, some won't care, but you will change minds.  I too feel like we are playing a loosing game, and have probably already lost, but I am going down fighting.  Damn, now I'm all pissed again. [:(!]
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 11:55:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 12:16:16 AM EDT
[#14]
SameShot -  Thanks for depressing the hell out of me so soon before I go to bed!!  Your points are hard to argue with. Personally, I don't honestly know what will become of me when "it" happens, I guess that will depend on how much warning I have. However, I would rather expire with honor than capitulate to that which offends the beliefs which I hold. I'm more optimistic than you, but I've thought long and hard about this and all I can do is pray that as "it" happens a huge number of people realize the err of their ways. Especially those in law enforcement and the military. The military is really our only hope - you can't fight Apache's with small arms. Until then I intend to live life at it's fullest and hope the day never comes that I have to make "the decision".
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 12:52:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 1:54:20 AM EDT
[#16]
I breathed somewhat of a sigh of relief when Bush Jr. was elected. SOMEWHAT. I don't think anything will happen right away.  Wait another 10 to 20 years, when someone like Clinton is elected again and has a chance to do some damage.  

When it does come, and it will, I think race will be a huge factor.  Also, I think the UN will be in the thick of it as well.  Look at the arrogance of those bastards over Kosovo and "war crimes" and all that crap.  They get all high and lighty over some petty little army officer killing a half dozen civilians, but they don't mind killing a few hundred themselves. After all, they have the peoples' best interest at heart, while the former is motivated by power maniacal hatred of others, so its alright if there's some collateral damage.

Putting Bush in the White House is like painting over the rust on your car.  It will look goog for a while, but unless you deal with the underlying problem it will come to the surface again. I thing GW is a good man and a capable statesman.  But all he'll do is slow down our dash toward the brink to a steady jog.
I think there's plenty of time to prepare.  But there's no turning back either. Its already too late.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 2:12:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Troy, I agree but...

In #2, which guns being outlawed are we talking about? The MG's are already gone, and you know the condition of "our" state here.
The fact is that a whole big bunch of people turned 18 since January in our sunny state and are FORBIDDEN the purchase of a firearm suitble for the defense of Liberty against our own military.
Let me emphasize that... FORBIDDEN TO OWN.
I'd say we are speeding toward your 1st scenerio much quicker.
In '33, they had machineguns to fight against machineguns
(skip several years of infringement)
In '01 we have hunting rifles to fight really advanced machineguns.
Nobody is jumping up.
The semi/magfed rifle was our last glimpse of any balance and CA failed the test.
When this same thing is presented to the rest of the country (and it WILL be), if nobody jumps then it's over...forever.
If you and I are watching a hoard of members on this board at that point going "what guns?" and "I'll bury them", then it's over.
You and I both witnessed it last year..
"oh, they'll be sorry when they come to MY house", but nobody ever came.
Still, we have a whole new generation of adults that cannot purchase a suitable firearm, and that is our downfall.
There is no difference in Liberty's eyes whether they come to your door and break it down for your firearms or whether you are denied the purchase of them.
The only difference is that in the first case, they are fighting for THEMSELVES and their PROPERTY, not for Liberty because if they were fighting for Liberty then they'd be fighting for the lost Liberty of 10's of thousands this year alone.
For all reading this...
Is it "I'll start blasting when they come for MY guns"?
or
'I'll start blasting when they come for my neighbor's guns"???
What difference does it make who's guns they are?
It doesn't, and in your heart, you know that.
Well, they just took the 2nd Amendment away from countless thousands of your fellow Americans. What now?
You'd might as well say that if they roll a tank over every last American except you, that you'll keep preparing.
In the near future we'll see these laws passed in other major states. If I rifle get's buried, well... See you in scenerio #1.

SameShot
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 2:20:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Hmmmm, long time no see SameShot.   7 posts?   Been here long?  LOL!

Hope to see you in the chat soon one of these evenings so I can catch up with you and see how things are going.

Still getting into those discussions where worst fears are talked about I see.   Must be something that comes with having lived in Ca.?
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 8:07:00 AM EDT
[#19]
How many of you know that Benjamin Franklin wrote in poor Richards almanac. " We have given you three boxes to correct governmental wrongs, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartrige box." It should be apparent to everyone the first two are now failing badly, but are there enough of use willing to resort to the third to save this nation for our children?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top