User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
This is madness.

Skill badges are optional wear.  What kind of REMF pogue-ass CSM cares?

I can't remember the last time I wore jump wings on a duty uniform - but it was probably the last time I wore BDUs.  I never even had 'em sewn onto my DCUs.

Indeed.  I wear mine, but as  Judge Advocate who once actually was a line officer I find it enhances my credibility with the line.

AR 670-1 is clear; skill badges and SSI-FWTS are at the option of the Soldier.  Go see Legal Assistance or the IG;.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
This is madness.

My Bn XO refers to this as "Dick Measuring."  He's a Gulf War vet who was a Fire Support Officer in the same unit that LTG Odierno was the Bn XO as a Major.  This was the now-defunct 3d Armored Division (Spearhead).  Our XO won't wear his 3AD combat patch as a protest because "ODS wasn't a 'real' war."  It's all tongue in cheek.  He keeps it in his pocket for when he needs to deal with "Dick Measurers."
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This is madness.

My Bn XO refers to this as "Dick Measuring."  He's a Gulf War vet who was a Fire Support Officer in the same unit that LTG Odierno was the Bn XO as a Major.  This was the now-defunct 3d Armored Division (Spearhead).  Our XO won't wear his 3AD combat patch as a protest because "ODS wasn't a 'real' war."  It's all tongue in cheek.  He keeps it in his pocket for when he needs to deal with "Dick Measurers."

Often what it is is an excuse for piss poor leadership.
How many guys have you seen badged out (always wearing them, btw) fat, out of shape, incapable of leadership.

Their badges hide their inability to stay hard.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Neither the world nor the Army revolve around the Airborne, despite what many in the Army believe.

Oh . . . the pain, the pain!!!!!!
The stated reason we went to pin-on was to save Joe the money of having to buy new badges and sew them on every time that he got a new set of BDU's.  Now, we have to buy more expensive badges and patches, put up with Velcro everywhere, and replace those new patches about as often as we sewed the new ones on BDU's.

There are very few individuals in the US Army who aren't the real-deal secret squirrels who need to have sterile uniforms.  Might as well just have all that shit sewed on, just like on the BDU's.

fo sho.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top