User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Whew! That's funny alright. I laugh my ass off everytime an innocent girl gets killed. Woohoo! Good one!

No shit.  Wtf is wrong with you G man?

SGtar15

I don't need to be lectured by a man who plays with dolls.  

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:07:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I need ti add a few things here.
1st. it was not a bean bag round from a 12 gauge.. it was a pepperball round from an FN303
2nd. I watched 2 hours of live coverage of that mess, it was much more than the 30 sec video clip shown on the morning news. there were people throwing shopping carts thru store windows, there were multiple fires being set, including a SUV, there were multiple fights breaking out. There were multiple bottles and rocks being thrown at police, and several cars were overturned.
3rd. There were 2 officers using FNs both fired multiple pepperball rounds in an effort to move a large crowd away from the wall of Fenway Park, there were many people trying to scale that wall in order to gain access into the park( this is the infamous green monster left field wall).

it appears that this woman was the victim of an unfortunate circumstance. The current theory that was mentioned during a debrief of this incident, is that she may have tripped and fell into the line of fire, but we will never know for sure, what is known for sure is that over 100 pepperballs were expended, and that she was not singled out as a target.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:18:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't need to be lectured by a man who plays with dolls.  

Apparently you do!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
#2:  If the 'innocent' girl had not been in the middle of a rioting crowd, she would be alive today

This is a foolish statement to make. If John Kennedy hadn't gone to Dallas he would not have been assassinated. Does this mean its his fault he was assassinated?

You are probably right CJ

I did not see any footage of it and I assumed she was part of a crowd that was turning cars over, some setting fires, breaking stuff, etc.- Like most moron scenes after their stupid team wins a meaningless game.

But innocent bystander or not, when that shit breaks out-- you either leave the scene, or you are part of it.

But according to the article I did read---the cops were justified in breaking the crowd up with CS or whatever.......and clearly NO ONE intended to hit anyone on the face, much less kill them

She should have left the area when shit broke out---they all should have...and IF she had.........
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#6]
makes one wish for the good old days when riot guns WERE riot guns, and when the riot act was read, you got the hell out of there or took your chances.

You hang around a riot and shit happens don't complain.To say there wasn't  potential  for the rioters to kill people accidentally or on purpose is to deny the reality of a riot.  Heavy missiles are propelled without regard to consequences or with intent to break things, objects are set on fire,  buildings and people are assaulted, vehicles are turned over,  and so on.  To deny the police  have the moral, legal and ethical responsibility to stop that situation is to deny hundreds of years of common law, or are you prepared to define whose property can be destroyed, who can be hit with thrown objects, which news vehicles can be torched, whose cars can be turned over and/or torched while they are in them, etc.

To say (for example) she was drunk and celebrating and that should excuse the behaviour is specious, because you then have to excuse the drunk driver who gets drunk while celebrating and kills your family. You take part in dangerous activities and sometimes your number comes up.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:11:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I think I need ti add a few things here.
1st. it was not a bean bag round from a 12 gauge.. it was a pepperball round from an FN303
2nd. I watched 2 hours of live coverage of that mess, it was much more than the 30 sec video clip shown on the morning news. there were people throwing shopping carts thru store windows, there were multiple fires being set, including a SUV, there were multiple fights breaking out. There were multiple bottles and rocks being thrown at police, and several cars were overturned.
3rd. There were 2 officers using FNs both fired multiple pepperball rounds in an effort to move a large crowd away from the wall of Fenway Park, there were many people trying to scale that wall in order to gain access into the park( this is the infamous green monster left field wall).

it appears that this woman was the victim of an unfortunate circumstance. The current theory that was mentioned during a debrief of this incident, is that she may have tripped and fell into the line of fire, but we will never know for sure, what is known for sure is that over 100 pepperballs were expended, and that she was not singled out as a target.

Well stated sir. LEOs are trained to not shoot the pepper ball throwers directly at people. They are to be fired at the street, walls, and or other hard surfaces near a human in order to release the taclum powder like dry chemical agent. It forms a cloud when released and does a fine job of getting into your eyes, nose, throat. The outer shell is not like a regular paintball. It is a segmented sphere of plastic designed to break opened upon impact at anywhere between 350 to 500 feet per second. Over 100 pepper balls expended during that incident is a LOW number! In any case, the girl was in the wrong place at the wrong time and as a result, was killed. Yes it is a sad thing and I feel for the family but this is the type of situation that could have been avoided. Not by the Police, but the crowd that went on an inhuman rampage OVER A BASEBALL GAME. It does not reflect well on civilization when things like this happen. Take a look at Europe and what happens during World Cup! How many fans riot and are killed each year? Yet another import hits the US shores.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top