User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That's the answer right there.  Time to take out the trash.  Seriously, people like that should be fucking sterilized.

I'd settle for a compromise:

If you're receiving public aid? You're on Depo-Provera.... And we need the research docs to find a male pill too.

Monthly blood draw to check serum levels.

Get pregnant? Lose your aid.

Stop your meds? Lose your aid.

Get a job and get off WIC? Lose the meds with .gov's blessing and have all the kids you want.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I use to work with social workers who were throwbacks of the '60s.  They helped themselves while announcing themselves as self-proclaimed champions of the downtrodden.  They were marginally better than the scum they helped.  

Mind you, since then I've met social workers who are normal too and not the lock-in-the '60s era dying liberals.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Whether the post was horseshit or not, it happens in real life every damn day. The exact kind of crap that was described in her post.

I go through the reports EVERY DAMN DAY and I guarantee it.  Hopefully I will be able to retire this year and If I never see it again it will be too soon.

As for a sewer worker finding sewage, at least she is trying to do something about it, although I must admit it seems hopeless.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:45:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sounds like something out of one of Slumlord's threads......

exactly what I thought reading this,

anybody got a pic of slumlord's place?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#6]
While this is far far beyond what imagined what social workers deal with, I know enough to know their job must be depressing, hopeless, and poorly compensated and that the well-meaning fools who get into it because they want to help people.....throwing their lives away.

Believe it or not, Reagan's CIA director Bill Casey was an idealistic liberal once, volunteered a summer doing charity work right out of college.  He was a godly Catholic, wanted to help the poor.  He was so horrified and disgusted by what he saw, and realized that any attempt to help the poor was futile if they weren't interested in helping themselves.  He went to law school and became a millionaire instead. He helped millions of people decades later by fighting communism, a system that keeps people poor by force. THAT you can do something against.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like a NOLA social worker.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:00:34 PM EDT
[#8]
lol reading the title I just KNEW that this thread was about my ex wife
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If ANY of that sounds improbable to you, then you've never been A)a cop B)an ER doc/nurse C)a public librarian or D) a teacher in the ghet-to.

Yup.  I can relate to some of this myself.

-K
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If ANY of that sounds improbable to you, then you've never been A)a cop B)an ER doc/nurse C)a public librarian or D) a teacher in the ghet-to.

I'm not an ER doc but I can confirm dealing with very similar situations working as a doc.  Just today I saw a 21 y/o woman who is in a half-way type house for pregnant women awaiting trial.  She was busted for coke and heroin.  She is a known epileptic and is worried about harming her baby with anti-seizure medication even though she was using drugs her entire pregnancy until her arrest a month ago.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:33:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not an ER doc but I can confirm dealing with very similar situations working as a doc.  Just today I saw a 21 y/o woman who is in a half-way type house for pregnant women awaiting trial.  She was busted for coke and heroin.  She is a known epileptic and is worried about harming her baby with anti-seizure medication even though she was using drugs her entire pregnancy until her arrest a month ago.  

I have worked in an Urgent Care the last 4 years before giving it up. Just couldn't stand the dirtballs anymore. I called it, "Swimming with the bottom feeders."  60% medical assistance human refuse. Some were decent but not enough that I could stand doing it anymore. Damn, they are the most messed up, worthless POSs I could have imagined.

Your post made me think of one I had last year. Came in for something and starts telling me about how she just got out of the psych hospital a couple of months ago....She killed her baby....but she didn't feel bad about it because it wasn't really her.....
Now why tell me all this crap, I really don't want to hear about it.

I really had no idea how fucked up the human race was until I did this. I will say again, there are an awful lot of people out there just barely holding it all together in public. Just barely.

The guy who said they congregate in Walmarts, Dr's offices and gov't offices was spot on. The last time I was in a Walmart I couldn't get out of there gast enough. Place was packed and I will almost guarantee 80% had a psych diagnosis. Wow. Just wow.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Its sad, cause it's true, but I couldn't stop laughing because of the way it was written.

As a Police Officer I've been in some shitty houses, and everything the author says about those parents is true.

I was a police officer too. I second everything he and she said!!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:34:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Remember this thread?

What Student Doctors Learn From Their Patients

It's up to page 40.

It's just sickening.

I dunno.  The "hush puppies" comment on page 25 still has me laughing so hard I'm crying.

(But I have a strong stomach for things like that.)
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:52:06 AM EDT
[#14]
yeah, I feel for them after talking to one of my SGTs about a couple cases that happened ON MILITARY POSTS here in Germany:

Case 1: Under two year old toddler falls out of third story window in the family quarters. Splat. Cool. Ok. "Sir, can you tell me what happened?" "I left the room for a minute! I don't know! Oh god! My boy!" Looks around the room slowly. "Uhm, sir." *points to the walls and ceiling* "Why are there blood splatter marks?"

Dude had bounced his kid around the room, and tossed him out the window after he realized how bad he had fucked him up.

Case 2: Dude left front door unlocked, with 18 month old in house. (Female) Next morning can't find kid. Calls us MP types to come search for kid, because of adjacent wooded area across the street. Thinks the kid toddled off. Find her in the woodline across the street. Raped and murdered.

Forensic pathologists say that she probably lived through the rape, and then died from the truama sustained during the rape soon thereafter.

Case 3: Standard run of the mill abuse by mom reported to us by the local CDC (Child Develoment Center - Basically the government ran daycare for the kids of soldiers.) "No mommy, I don't wanna be clean!!!!"

This ones not so bad, just bizzare. Punishes kid by putting them in a bath tub filled with ice for extended periods. Kid showed all the other classic signs of abuse - severe inexplicable agression towards other children, etc.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:52:40 AM EDT
[#15]
As a leftest social worker, the author fails to realize that the same policies championed as personal "freedom" for the last 40 years have brought about this current moral cesspool we see today. It's a sad state of affairs.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:16:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Used to work security in a housing authority.  This is just normal for feral humans.

+1, same thing here. Worked for a year and a half at one and just left. Any shred of liberalism in me is long gone. It's time for the welfare state to be shut down and the bottom feeders be shipped to Liberia where they'd fit right in.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Remember this thread?

What Student Doctors Learn From Their Patients

It's up to page 40.

It's just sickening.

I dunno.  The "hush puppies" comment on page 25 27 still has me laughing so hard I'm crying.

(But I have a strong stomach for things like that.)

fixed
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:39:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
yeah, I feel for them after talking to one of my SGTs about a couple cases that happened ON MILITARY POSTS here in Germany:

Case 1: Under two year old toddler falls out of third story window in the family quarters. Splat. Cool. Ok. "Sir, can you tell me what happened?" "I left the room for a minute! I don't know! Oh god! My boy!" Looks around the room slowly. "Uhm, sir." *points to the walls and ceiling* "Why are there blood splatter marks?"

Dude had bounced his kid around the room, and tossed him out the window after he realized how bad he had fucked him up.

Case 2: Dude left front door unlocked, with 18 month old in house. (Female) Next morning can't find kid. Calls us MP types to come search for kid, because of adjacent wooded area across the street. Thinks the kid toddled off. Find her in the woodline across the street. Raped and murdered.

Forensic pathologists say that she probably lived through the rape, and then died from the truama sustained during the rape soon thereafter.

Case 3: Standard run of the mill abuse by mom reported to us by the local CDC (Child Develoment Center - Basically the government ran daycare for the kids of soldiers.) "No mommy, I don't wanna be clean!!!!"

This ones not so bad, just bizzare. Punishes kid by putting them in a bath tub filled with ice for extended periods. Kid showed all the other classic signs of abuse - severe inexplicable agression towards other children, etc.

That second one is just insanely f*Cked up...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:46:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Like i said i hear horror stories all the time at the Juvenile Delinquency facility i work at with alcohol and drug addicted youth, It's no wonder some of the kids use drugs.

That said, I don't feel i'm liberal or wasting my life. Why? Because we pound personal responsibility and other life skills down their throats thats why.

I despite hearing this shit all day from the clients at the facility where i work don't let it bother me,I don't dwell on it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:59:49 AM EDT
[#20]

I have a master's degree in social work, and I've worked in a number of different settings. I've been a social worker for Children's Protective Services, a therapist on a psych ward, and I've worked as a case manager for a non-profit that shall remain nameless. I've had a number of clients over the years that I would now like to thank for helping me come to the realization that certain people are beyond help.

I'm tired of working to help these people for 60 hours a week at $35,000/year.

Here is where I call BS on the whole thing.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:03:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Like i said i hear horror stories all the time at the Juvenile Delinquency facility i work at with alcohol and drug addicted youth, It's no wonder some of the kids use drugs.

That said, I don't feel i'm liberal or wasting my life. Why? Because we pound personal responsibility and other life skills down their throats thats why.

I despite hearing this shit all day from the clients at the facility where i work don't let it bother me,I don't dwell on it.

You are better at that than I.
I could no longer accept that what I did really benefitted society. I did benefit a lot of pts and their families but came to the conclusion that most of what I did was a waste of resources, wasted on the undeserved. There were only about 2 days out of each month where I would come home and feel like I actually did good things for my country or my species.  I do miss medicine but I will never go back into it unless I can have some say over my pt population.  Simply bleeding the taxpayers dry to pay for more crap is not enough for me and that is the income afforded docs who now are forced to work for corporate medical entities under the watchful eye of Big Brother.  The entire system is FUBAR'd and I do not just mean medicine. This tail wagging the dog shit has got to end, and it will, one way or another.  Unfortunately, if we are not careful it is going to bring all of us down, perhaps even destroy us.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for that post.  

I have a very liberal friend going to school right now studying be a social worker.  

I sent this to her.  It won't surprise her or change her mind because she spent 13 odd years as an Air Force first sergeant so she is probably better prepared than most to do this kind of work, and she enjoys it.  

By the time she gets jaded and burned out, and she will, it will be time for her to fully retire anyway.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:38:03 AM EDT
[#23]
damn
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top