User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:05:49 PM EDT
[#1]

MUSLIMS ARE ANIMALS.

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#2]
but the muslims are people of peace......
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gee, I get tingly all over just thinking about the liberal's love for 'multi-culturalism'!

Eric The(HonestToGoodness)Hun

Do you really think public executions have anything to do with culture?

I'm not a liberal but I enjoy many things about other cultures. I've never considered public executions to part of people's cultural heritage.

I'm surprised that you do.

If you knew anything about this photo and the events in it you would not have made your statement. These women were shot according to Taliban law which was based on the Koran. Muslim culture in Stahn.

If I'm hearing you right, you are saying that everything that happens in a country, religious, political, everything is automatically part of the culture.

So here in America, where we have religions that handle snakes and roll on the ground, that's part of our culture? Perhaps yours, not mine. If some states execute minorities in vastly greater numbers than whites because they can't afford good lawyers, that's cultural. Again, not mine.

Webster defines culture as follows:

1 : CULTIVATION, TILLAGE
2 : the act of developing the intellectual and moral faculties especially by education
3 : expert care and training <beauty culture>
4 a : enlightenment and excellence of taste acquired by intellectual and aesthetic training b : acquaintance with and taste in fine arts, humanities, and broad aspects of science as distinguished from vocational and technical skills.

If you lump everything that happens in a society, religious, political, arts, literature, science, etc. into 'culture', the word no longer has much meaning.

Further, no one is suggesting that women in Islamic countries are treated differently than here in the US. In many ways worse, in some ways better.

However, if you want to reject everything about a people because of their religious or political failings, you are doing yourself a disservice.

Islam, the religion of peace, is the primary religion and culture in much if not all of the Arab world. This action is acceptable and condoned in all arab countries.

We do not hear about it in most of the countries because they are aligned with us in some way or another. The other countries our news agencies can not operate freely there. If they publish stories that shed negative light on the country they get banned or thrown out.

I challenge you to show everyone here proof that women are "sometimes" treated better by muslims, than women her.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If this doesn't get the attention of liberal women, I can't imagine what might!

rawa.org/zarmina1.jpg

It's an execution of an Afghan woman in the Kabul 'Soccer Stadium' in November, 1999!

Gee, I get tingly all over just thinking about the liberal's love for 'multi-culturalism'!

I'd bet that young lady, kneeling on the soccer field, would have loved to have been an oppressed, exploited woman in the Western World right about then!

... EricTheHun my beloved, esteemed brethren busy holding down the fort in the middle of the Country, I must personally protest this particular "photograph". Although, I don't discount the possibilities these atrocities took place in the said barbarious counties, I'm inclined to believe this popular photo is a fake, and yes, I've seen the "video" clips of this as well.

... Why? A couple reasons.

• ... That Burka/head would be way  forward if the skull/brain matter/skin/mass was hit with the force of a 7.62X39 round.

• ... If a typical skull/brain matter/skin/mass feature was hit by said round, it wouldn't produce a visible resultant in the dirt after passing though them. The round is just too wimpy.

• ... Although, I'm usually always  in alignment with your convictions, I challenge this "photo". It's just too "PhotoShopped" for me to bite.

... Are Fundementalists capable of this stuff?, Yes. Have they actually done it?, Probably so. I just have a "problem" with this example.

... Winston (the inquisitive) Wolf

(soooory dude, I just had to do that once)

Winston,

I watched the video when it first came out. It is not fake. the whole video shows this women and the one standing behind her being executed.
    Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:16:59 PM EDT
    [#5]

Quoted:
    ... That Burka/head would be way  forward if the skull/brain matter/skin/mass was hit with the force of a 7.62X39 round.

Nope.  It would IF the bullet imparted all of its energy on the head.  But it doesn't.  Being FMJ, it does not expand, and penetrates all the way through, still retaining much of its velocity.  Its cross-sectional area is small enough that it is unable to push all that much on the head--we are talking simple laws of physics-conservation of energy and conservation of momentum.

If a typical skull/brain matter/skin/mass feature was hit by said round, it wouldn't produce a visible resultant in the dirt after passing though them. The round is just too wimpy.

WHAT??  7.62x39 is WIMPY? A 150gr bullet at 2_00 fps is going through that head. It isn't very much lighter of a load than a .308...at least not at point blank range.  I don't know where you picked up this idea, but I would hesitate to call that round wimpy, or a 545x39 wimpy, either, if that's what it is.
    That round is going through that head and burying itself deep into the dirt.  Take a look at the ammo-oracle, and extrapolate from data posted there.  It won't be perfect, but you'll be able to get an idea.

... Although, I'm usually always  in alignment with your convictions, I challenge this "photo". It's just too "PhotoShopped" for me to bite.

I guess I really don't understand what you're basing your ideas that this photo is photoshopped on...because your answers don't make sense if you apply a little common sense and some real world 'testing'...
    Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:55:17 PM EDT
    [#6]

Let's try to figure out where your hatred of Muslims is coming from.

It can't be just a conservative thing. Reagan, Bush Sr. Jr. hell, even Barry Goldwater back in the day had an appreciation for different cultures. Why do you try to demonize 'liberals' in this way? What is your agenda?
    Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:58:34 PM EDT
    [#7]

Think of it as the Islamic cultural equivalent of a World's Cup soccer match!
    Eric The(WellReasoned)Hun

Tarring all Muslims with the same brush as the Taliban? That is a tactic unworthy of this forum and unfair to the vast majority of Muslims. No wonder so many hate us.
    Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:01:25 PM EDT
    [#8]

...and not for Afghan women whose only crime was to teach young Afghan girls how to read and write!

Here, you don't bother to check your facts. Obviously to make the situation more heinous. You don't seem to let facts get in the way of abusing all Afghans.
    Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:14:21 PM EDT
    [#9]

Quoted:

In many ways worse, in some ways better.

I'd be very interested in learning how they are treated better.
    Care to enlighten me?

Eric The(Cultured)Hun

Why do you find it so hard to believe Muslim women are insincere in their religious beliefs? Could it be becuase so many in this country are?

Muslim women typically stay at home with their children, caring for them, their husbands and households. This is in large measure a religious belief that they embrace. We value money more, in this country, and so mothers are off to work leaving children in day care. Women in America who don't work are looked on as lazy and not wanting 'the best' for their families. The bible cautions against chasing money, as does the Koran. Which society more lives up to its religious beliefs?

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:07:23 PM EDT
    [#10]

Quoted:

Think of it as the Islamic cultural equivalent of a World's Cup soccer match!

Tarring all Muslims with the same brush as the Taliban? That is a tactic unworthy of this forum and unfair to the vast majority of Muslims. No wonder so many hate us.

Maybe if the populations of the Muslim nations would develop some balls, and make some sort of attempt at reigning in terrorism instead of celebrating in the streets whenever helpless women and children are murdered by terrorists, that would help.
    Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:28:45 PM EDT
    [#11]
    Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:52:43 PM EDT
    [#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In many ways worse, in some ways better.

I'd be very interested in learning how they are treated better.
    Care to enlighten me?

Eric The(Cultured)Hun

Why do you find it so hard to believe Muslim women are insincere in their religious beliefs? Could it be becuase so many in this country are?

Muslim women typically stay at home with their children, caring for them, their husbands and households. This is in large measure a religious belief that they embrace. We value money more, in this country, and so mothers are off to work leaving children in day care. Women in America who don't work are looked on as lazy and not wanting 'the best' for their families. The bible cautions against chasing money, as does the Koran. Which society more lives up to its religious beliefs?

Might you be Muslim? You capitalize the first letter of the word "Koran", but not the word "Bible" as to maybe show some type of disrespect...
    Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:56:39 PM EDT
    [#13]

Quoted:
    Muslim women typically stay at home with their children, caring for them, their husbands and households. This is in large measure a religious belief that they embrace. We value money more, in this country, and so mothers are off to work leaving children in day care.

It's not that we value money more than they, it's simply that our system has more freedom and we allow woman to work. What was once discretionary income in our society is now required income. We did it to ourselves. If US woman refused to work, prices would decrease as business adapted to single-income households being the norm again.

Women in America who don't work are looked on as lazy and not wanting 'the best' for their families. The bible cautions against chasing money, as does the Koran. Which society more lives up to its religious beliefs?

This is not necessarily true. I saw a statistic a few years ago that indicated that the wives of high-paid business executives were less likely to work than middle-class wives. It's simple economics -- middle-class families really need that extra income, the rich do not. Are you saying the well-to-do do not want the best for their families?
    Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:25:39 AM EDT
    [#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Might you be Muslim? You capitalize the first letter of the word "Koran", but not the word "Bible" as to maybe show some type of disrespect...

Yep, saw that too.

Don't know if he is a muslim, but I sure smell .
    Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:42:35 AM EDT
    [#15]
    Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:09:09 AM EDT
    [#16]

I sure smell racist. Is there a little picture for that? I smell religious bigot. Where's the little picture for that?

Is this the last bastion for angry, middle aged, white men? There seems to be a far disproportionate number here than most other places. The anger and resentment is overwhelming sometimes.

You seem desperate to find someone to hate and demonize, and yet you claim to be Christians. Do you ever ask yourself 'What would Jesus Do'?

As far as not capitalizing 'Bible' and capitalizing 'Koran', simply an oversight. I could have capitalized 'Bible' and not 'koran', just as easily.

If my capitalization habits are the most important thing you have to think about, you are a kook.
    Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:17:03 AM EDT
    [#17]
    Check out this road sign in Saudi Arabia leading to mecca, It says that anyone who is not a muslim must turn around and go the other way!!! True discrimination! true apartheid! true assholes!! imagine if Isreal declared Jerusalem a "JEWS ONLY" city?!! the UN would'nt stand for it! yet our "ALLY" can do this all it wants.
    Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:47:02 AM EDT
    [#18]
    Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:34:25 AM EDT
    [#19]

Quoted:

I sure smell racist. Is there a little picture for that? I smell religious bigot. Where's the little picture for that?

Is this the last bastion for angry, middle aged, white men? There seems to be a far disproportionate number here than most other places. The anger and resentment is overwhelming sometimes.

You seem desperate to find someone to hate and demonize, and yet you claim to be Christians. Do you ever ask yourself 'What would Jesus Do'?

Hello Jimb100 and welcome to the board.

I do not consider myself a racist....I am traditionally against anything that is considered an "-ism". I have known lazy, disgusting, disreputable individuals of every race, creed or ancestry and I know that one particular people do not have a corner on the asshead market.

After stating the above and reading your posts in this thread, I find myself in disagreement with you for the following reason. If a certain people have publicly, repeatedly stated that their express aim is the total destruction of me, my family, my country, my government (OK, THAT one may be OK )....and then they follow through in spectacular fashion, killing thousands in one attack on our shores, I am OBLIGED to honor the threat.

I am sure that the majority of Muslims that I will meet will not be part of the extremists currently waging war against me and mine....and the minority will want harm to come to me and mine. What are the actual numbers of Muslims that want me dead? I don't know, but until those wishing me harm are wearing some sort of sign or are otherwise identifiable as unfriendlies, ALL of the people that LOOK like they may do me harm are going to be lumped into the same category. Think of it this way, if your family is attacked by white males between the ages of 15 and 30, having shaved heads and wearing 'wife-beater' T-shirts......are you going to be quite suspicious of ANYONE fitting the above description? Of course you are, and you know what, someone will call you a racist or accuse you of being non-PC. But you will not care because you are going to continue to do whatever you can to protect your family. This is the same thing....writ large.
    Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:44:54 AM EDT
    [#20]

Quoted:

As far as not capitalizing 'Bible' and capitalizing 'Koran', simply an oversight. I could have capitalized 'Bible' and not 'koran', just as easily.

If my capitalization habits are the most important thing you have to think about, you are a kook.

I ask about your capitalizing a word and all of the sudden I am a racist or religious bigot?

Dude, pull your head out!

But, you did called it correctly on the religious bigotry. More of a bias than a bigotry. You see, the Bible tells me that anyone not following Christ is doomed for hell. He said, before GWB did, that either you are with Him or against Him (paraphrased)....

Do I hate the individual, no..Do I hate religion as a whole, yes. Cults, yes.

But not the people. We may not all be His children, but we are all made in His image.
    Page / 2
    Next Page Arrow Left
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top