Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 10:00:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What, no bright pink AR? [:P]

If someone contacts her family and finds out if she'd like the weapon, then I'm in for a little bit.  But ONLY if she's at least open to the gift, otherwise I'd rather give it to somone who would enjoy it.
View Quote

That is the first criteria.

It is possible she may decline for several reasons.

1. She may not wish to benefit in gifts resulting from a tragedy (See: Alvin York).

2. She may not shoot recreationally and be too pragmatic to accept a wall decoration.

3. She might have also had her fill of firearms having been on both sides of one in combat.

But IF we can contact her, and IF she does accept, I will coordinate it and get it done.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#3]
5. My idea.
View Quote

LMAO!!! The only reason I needed to hear...

[img]http://w3.gorge.net/jasong/temp/alc.gif[/img]
CH
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 10:10:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Steyr, I was thinking more along the lines of Pete(LT) supplied parts and some member putting it together. Not buying direct from RRA if that is what you ment. Again just seems more fitting then some dayglo ar.

No offense to the cav people out there.

CH
View Quote

Top 5 Reasons It's Gonna Be A Cav:

1. Shawn is one of OUR guys and a vet.

2. Cav Arms is currently supplying and supporting US military efforts in Iraq.

3. The Cav 15 is unique, lightweight and probably more ideally suited to Jessica physically than a RRA.

4. Custom serial number.

5. My idea.
View Quote

I like #5.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 10:20:32 AM EDT
[#5]
5. My idea
View Quote

What about shotar?[BD]

Just kidding. I'm in for $20.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 10:26:02 AM EDT
[#6]
My .02.

I offered $20 of my money to help purchase of a rifle for an American HERO.  All of our fighting men and women are heros as are our Law Enforcement Officers and Firemen.  From here, we can add teachers, doctors, steel mill workers... etc.  I donate to charities that I feel deserving of many ilks.  I would even donate more money for a hero fund.

Pvt. Jessica Lynch is special and she does stand out.  I'll bet that she stands out to our fighting forces over there as well.  

She represents the American Spirit for which our Nation is strong.  Bombs, warplanes, precision guided munitions, JSTARS and money do not make America great, its people make it great.  

That a 5'4" white teenage girl from the steel/coal belt can fight off enemy soldiers and survive for better than a week without food after having both legs and an arm broken, stabbed and SHOT multiple times.  HELL GUYS, THIS IS A DAMN SIGHT MORE IMPRESSIVE THAN A MOAB BOMB!  THAT IS AMERICA, and that is why our enemies have to respect us.  SHE IS THE UNEXPECTED SHOCK AND AWE.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't forget to include a case or two of ammo (or a gift certificate for same).

If preliminary reports are correct and she ran out of ammo, you don't want to send her a rifle without ammo to go with it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#8]
If she's interested, I'd go in for $20
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm in for a stripped lower and matching hand guards....
View Quote

Shawn, I think you are currently giving away enough. If she is receptive, let us foot the bill for this one.

I'm gonna email Bill O'Rielly later in the hope that we will pass along our offer to the family.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 12:09:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I would be happy to contribute to any legitamite donation fund for PFC Lynch and her family.

Her family looks dirt poor, and appears they cant afford to take the time off work and fly to Germany to see her, so I'm not sure a rifle is the right gift.

We need someone on the scene in W.VA to run with this.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I am in for $10
Hope we get some pics up and on the home page of her w/ the new toy.

[img]http://carrasco.home.texas.net/mastpara.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Good work SA:

Ro and I are in for "whatever".
(ie:  $$ for Cav /or $$ straight to the family)

Just let us know what you guys decide.

BTW:

I am quite well aware that you can't reward or recognize EVERYONE fighting & sacrificing for our country and our freedom.   This one girl does stand out and offers us an opportunity to do something nice. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I am also game, when the details get worked out, please drop me an e-mail and I will drop a check in the mail.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 2:13:59 PM EDT
[#17]
[blue][b]I'm a clean cut and well mannered guy (outside of here) and I would be willing to present her with the rifle along with a few other members from the area. W. VA is not far at all from me.

Please let me know!

I may also be able to contact a few people in the "Spotlight" that could get this thing a  lot of publicity.[/b][/blue]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm a clean cut and well mannered guy (outside of here) and I would be willing to present her with the rifle along with a few other members from the area. W. VA is not far at all from me.

Please let me know!

i may also be able to contact a few people in the "Spotlight" that could get this thing a  lot of publicity.
View Quote

I'd like to do this without the fanfare as much as possible. I'm not looking to get any kind of endorsement or promotional value in return. I'm sure there is no shortage of people right now trying to glom off her image and deeds.

However if you are local, you might look into trying to make contact with the family to see if she is interested.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a clean cut and well mannered guy (outside of here) and I would be willing to present her with the rifle along with a few other members from the area. W. VA is not far at all from me.

Please let me know!

i may also be able to contact a few people in the "Spotlight" that could get this thing a  lot of publicity.
View Quote

I'd like to do this without the fanfare as much as possible. I'm not looking to get any kind of endorsement or promotional value in return. I'm sure there is no shortage of people right now trying to glom off her image and deeds.

However if you are local, you might look into trying to make contact with the family to see if she is interested.
View Quote

i can see where you are coming from. I just thought to would be cool to see in the news something good from a firearms dealer/manufacture for once. That's all I was thinking.

I will try to get get contact info, although I bet her family is being bombarded by all the press right now.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#20]
okay, I got her fathers information. I think she lived with him before deployment.

Let me know when to make the call and or if you have furhter information.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm gonna email Bill O'Rielly later in the hope that we will pass along our offer to the family.
View Quote

I think that's a bad idea.  O'Rielly is not too pro-gun and he's definitely not pro-AR15.  Sean Hannity is a better choice if you must go the FOXNews route.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I think that's a bad idea.  [b][red]O'Rielly is not too pro-gun and he's definitely not pro-AR15.[/red][/b]  Sean Hannity is a better choice if you must go the FOXNews route.
View Quote

Please listen to USPC40's advice!
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm down like a clown for a Jackson, Jackson.

However, I should think that anyone contributing to this should also be willing to go an alternate route, if she won't accept the rifle as a gift. For example, I would be willing to direct my contribution to a charity of Pvt. Lynch's choosing, [b]NQA[/b]. I respect her character and sacrifice as a United States Army soldier.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm in for a few bucks if she wants the rifle.
If she doesn't want it, ask her if we can build it and sell/raffle/auction it in her name and donate the money to some worthy vets organization.
Is it gonna be pink?
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Update, Fox news says PFC Lynch was not shot, and is resting after back surgery...
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Steyr, I was thinking more along the lines of Pete(LT) supplied parts and some member putting it together. Not buying direct from RRA if that is what you ment. Again just seems more fitting then some dayglo ar.

No offense to the cav people out there.

CH
View Quote

Top 5 Reasons It's Gonna Be A Cav:

1. Shawn is one of OUR guys and a vet.

2. Cav Arms is currently supplying and supporting US military efforts in Iraq.

3. The Cav 15 is unique, lightweight and probably more ideally suited to Jessica physically than a RRA.

4. Custom serial number.

5. My idea.
View Quote

Will Cav Arms make the stock shorter? Why does'nt Cav Arms offer lowers with standard A2, A1 length stocks anyway?
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

An excellent idea Steyr...

Im in for whatever the donation turns out to be.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:04:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm in for $20, and if there's any bank left over the cost of the rifle, use it to trick it out for her.

Jay
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:15:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm in, let me know where to send a check.

TXL
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#30]
... Admittedly, I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but ...

... Kudos to all that came up with the idea. Your heart is in the right spot but the timing isn't right. You don't know anything about this gal and her view on sporting firearms.

... I would consider giving to a college fund but I think we need to know a little more about this gal before giving her a weapon. She is still in shock. I imagine an AR-15 probably wouldn't appeal to her right now.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:26:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#33]
I can probably swing $20

Living on instat noodles a couple days a week would be worth it for her to get this
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#34]
I have not seen a place to send funds to yet, so this is just a suggestion:

If it's agreed to give her a CAV15, and I've seen light resistance here against it, and if Shawn agrees, send the money to Shawn, let him trick it out, and if there is anything left, ARFCOM sends her a check.

And she will need some ammo to break it in.

Jay
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm from WV about 50 miles east of her town and trust me, She'll love it. Last I heard WV has 2.3 guns per capita. Kids are taught young not only how to shoot but most importantly how to respect firearms. Maybe she can take it back for a little payback or hand it down to the sister who's goin in next.

I see a movie in the works for sure. "Courage Under Fire Part II"
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm in for $20.00.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#37]
I say we buy her an M9....I bet she feels pretty fondly of that particular weapon right now....
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Great idea but I think it's a little soon to even contact the family about this.

JMHO
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#39]
thats great to send her a rifle, but what about collecting money  for the  families of the 11 men who made the ultimate sacrifice, that died, who's bodies they found when the seals rescued jessica?
jessica is getting a full ride in one of 2 colleges, and a new car and probably a book deal, a movie deal, marriage proposals,and appearances on the jay leno show.
what do the  kids and widows get? i never been in the military but the government can't give much.
do their children get free college? free cars?
hey i think she is a hero, but lets not foget the 11 who died, or their families
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
thats great to send her a rifle, but what about collecting money  for the  families of the 11 men who made the ultimate sacrifice, that died, who's bodies they found when the seals rescued jessica?
jessica is getting a full ride in one of 2 colleges, and a new car and probably a book deal, a movie deal, marriage proposals,and appearances on the jay leno show.
what do the  kids and widows get? i never been in the military but the government can't give much.
hey i think she is a hero, but lets not foget the 11 who died, or their families
View Quote

I don't think anyone is forgetting anybody.

I am in the firearm business. This is something "I" can do. This is a way "I" can try and say thank you.

Nobody is stopping anyone else from doing anything for anyone else.

You are completely free to start a collection for those you mentioned. I wouldn't know how to get that organized and may not be the best man for the job.

But this is something "I" can try and do. This is my contribution to try and do something good.

I'm also getting a bit tired of explaining myself. If and when you try and organize something "good" I'll will not criticize your attempt or efforts.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bob, I don't think anybody has forgoten the brave men and women who have died for this country.  SteyrAUG just happened to select this particular person. You are welcome to start a similar benefit for the one's who have given the ultimate sacrifice. I'm in for $20 dollars on this one and any drive you may start for our fallen hero's. But please don't think poorly of Steyr's efforts. I believe his heart is in the right place, and I respect that.
G-CODE
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#42]
If she's interested in a rifle, I'll contribute.

SRM
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If she's interested in a rifle, I'll contribute.

SRM
View Quote

I am in for two USGI magazines. If this goes through, tell me where they go.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Count me in for whatever the capped donation is.

One problem, she is only 19.
Don't you have to be 21 to own a rifle now?
I thought this changed from 18 to 21 recently.

ARH
View Quote

Only in some states (CA) which consider the AR to be an 'evil tool of gangstas and terrorists'...
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#45]
OK...

Why not 2 ...?

One for her to sign and auction off and use as a fund raiser ...

and

One for her to keep and cherish as an heirloom for the future...

Ted...
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#46]
I'd be in for a Colt or a Bushmaster.  Why aren't we buying this PFC the BEST?!

Just because it happens to coincide with a "group buy"?[V]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 8:12:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 8:17:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
To those questioning why I thought of a rifle, and why a cav and why Jessica as opposed to any other brave soldier in the field I will answer but refuse to debate the issue.

Why the rifle, because it is more than a mere object, it is a symbol of America and freedom.  Why Cav because they are an integral part of this site and have the flexibility for such a custom order and are veteran owned.  Now lastly, why Jessica and not some other deserving soldier?  Because she has overnight become a symbol.  she represents all that is good right and just in this country.  She evokes the emotions of every American, man or woman of what Americans are at the core.  She is an ordinary girl from ordinary circumstances who by current accounts rose to do the extraordinary under truly dismal circumstances.  If it is true that she fought to the last bullet against these vermin then she is deserving of this small token.  You see, she proves that even the smallest and frailest of our soldiers are more than a match for any enemy.  She proved that a little girl from the hills is not affraid to take on the best this scum could muster.  This sends a message that is truly heard around the world.  End.
View Quote

Amen, Shotar....Exactly what I feel about this young lady and what she did.

I'm in for 20. Let me know when & where you need the money.

Link Posted: 4/3/2003 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd be in for a Colt or a Bushmaster.  Why aren't we buying this PFC the BEST?!

Just because it happens to coincide with a "group buy"?[V]
View Quote

WTF??  What's wrong with a Cav Arms rifle???  Some think Armalite is the best.
View Quote

Thats true, I'd include Armalite also. Thanks.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top