User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Crossfit is like the polar opposite of Fight Club.

If you do Crossfit, you're REQUIRED to talk about it.
View Quote

Also, if you don't do crossfit you're required to post this ^ (I'm surprised it took so long actually).

I don't even CF anymore but there are some great things about the program.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:14:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I hate her accent, but she's pretty hot.

Crossfit chics are nuts.

On a real note, as long as she's been at that level of activity her entire pregnancy, she should be gtg.  It won't hurt her or her baby.

I would appreciate it if more gravid females stayed active and didn't gain 100#, at the point when I'm putting in their labor epidurals.
View Quote

Pretty much this.

If anything, she's risking going into labor, but not so much miscarriage at 9 months along. And at that point the baby is full term, so delivery is ok. Perhaps not the most intelligent way to stay fit during pregnancy, but not worse than gaining the 100 pounds mentioned above.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's why you don't do anything NEW
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A co-worker of mine ran a marathon (26.2 miles) while preggers.  Not nine months though.  Just a couple months with a small bump.

Baby is fine.

Some women do fine.  Others, not so much.  I know a lady who partially detached her placenta by... vacuuming.

My sister was helping her husband move furniture around one night.  Water broke a couple hours later and baby was born a little over a month early.  

Could have happened anyway but all I know is my mom was on the phone with her while she was talking about moving the furniture and told her not to do it.  You can imagine the conversation they had a few hours later.  

There are a lot of benefits to staying active during pregnancy (so I hear ) but I'm still not convinced that type of straining/exertion is always harmless.  

Not to mention, I keep imagining that heavy bar slipping and hitting her belly.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This. I feel she's more concerned about her appearance than her unborn child's well being.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously risking the child's health.  Not smart at all.

This. I feel she's more concerned about her appearance than her unborn child's well being.  

This.  Although it's probably healthier than my pregnant coworker whose whole purpose in pregnancy has been to eat donuts.. she's probably gained 100 lbs..
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
Very much so. Worse than a vegan.

A vegan crossfit instructor would be like one cult fad from critical mass.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:21:12 PM EDT
[#7]
they say it aint good but it dont even be like that
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:21:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There are a lot of benefits to staying active during pregnancy (so I hear ) but I'm still not convinced that type of straining/exertion is always harmless.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Brah brah no it's fitness.  Gotta be fit.  Brah.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's the whole point though- if you've been doing it regularly before you were pregnant, then when you dial back the intensity- it's NOT "that kind of exertion".

For example. Lets say you saw my wife deadlift 200# while pregnant. It looks heavy! Holy shit! Yeah, that's less than 2/3 of her max and would barely take any exertion at all despite how it may appear.

Exertion is all relative.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:23:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously risking the child's health.  Not smart at all.

These.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
She has a fat ass
View Quote

Go sit in the corner
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Some women get fat when they're pregnant, and think they need to eat "for two" and end up weighing as much as two after the pregnancy as well.  My wife didn't do CF pregnant, but she was a ballet dancer.  Shit she could pretty much do anything up until she went into the hospital.  A couple of weeks later, she had a flat stomach again.  Then she did it again 3 years later.  I'm really glad she wasn't one of those women who uses this is an excuse to turn half-balloon.  Pregnant women need exercise.  Women evolved to go about daily life while pregnant, including running.  It's only recently they've turned into potatoes.

There was a woman at my gym who was doing CF into the 9th month.  She looked at me once and said, "what are you worried about me?"  Honestly, it did look a little scary, and a bit like the baby could pop out at any time.  But she stayed healthy and did great.  And she's back doing CF everyday.  Though everything has risk, it makes sense that some take the risks of exercise over the risks of becoming a fat ass.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#13]
video is relevant to my interests

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's the whole point though- if you've been doing it regularly before you were pregnant, then when you dial back the intensity- it's NOT "that kind of exertion".

For example. Lets say you saw my wife deadlift 200# while pregnant. It looks heavy! Holy shit! Yeah, that's less than 2/3 of her max and would barely take any exertion at all despite how it may appear.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That makes sense.  I'm just thinking along the lines of guidelines after surgery (usually abdominal surgeries) where they prohibit lifting anything over 2 pounds-----regardless of what shape they're in or what they're used to lifting.  Granted, pregnant ladies aren't as helpless as all that but there are still things that *can go pop* when they're not supposed to.  

ETA   I don't have a dog in this fight anyway.  Zero plans to be pregnant again.  Just opining.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#15]
This type of exercise for the average person offers no benefit. Heavy weight lifting and jerky jerky motions are not good for expectant mothers. If your a triathlete or training for some weightlifting completion, maybe. But this is a horrific cult mentality amongst crossfiters that's very scary.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#16]
The host has probably the worst haircut I've ever seen on a woman.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Chubby host needs more crossfit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This type of exercise for the average person offers no benefit.
View Quote

If people don't see any benefit (fitness, fat loss, strength, health, community, etc) why do you think there's such a cult mentality?

Look, it's not for everyone and that's cool. there's some things that need to be fixed with it.

Saying there's no benefit is just plain ignorant though.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:18:03 PM EDT
[#19]
This is normal for a lot of crossfit places. Plenty of prego moms do it...I know this cause I see them...at my local crossfit gym...that I am a member of...
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The host has probably the worst haircut I've ever seen on a woman.
View Quote

This man gets to the heart of the matter.  

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Crossfit/ fitness is an addiction to some people, I am fine with pregnant ladies doing it if they get the ok from thier doctors.  But as I have seen firsthand many take it to an unhealthy level and do not dial down, My friends wife couldnt wait a couple weeks after her c-section to slowly get back into her workout routine and ended up re-ripping her abdoman muscles even after many attenpts my my friend and doctor telling here no cross-fit till she gets a doctors O.K. While not the same as a drug addiction there are many similair attributes of people who are fitness fanatics.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:26:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

yeah its retarded..

i do crossfit, and she would not be allowed at the gym i go to that far along in her pregnancy...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's retarded. Squats and lunges I can see but kettle bells and dead lifts are just freaking stupid for a pregnant woman at that point.

Plus her form was awful, which seems to be par for the crossfit course.

I say this with my 9 month pregnant wife sleeping across the room.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

yeah its retarded..

i do crossfit, and she would not be allowed at the gym i go to that far along in her pregnancy...

Oly moves would be out (except really light to maintain the movement patterns), so would most ab moves and deadlift/squats with heavy weights at that stage.  Lighter barbell moves to maintain the movement path, as long as it does not interfere with the area are OK.

Th
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
A co-worker of mine ran a marathon (26.2 miles) while preggers.  Not nine months though.  Just a couple months with a small bump.

Baby is fine.
View Quote

but did she drop 200 pounds of weight on her baby? Kettle bell to the abdomen? drop the medicine ball on her bellY? You can see how that would't be too good.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:28:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've got three kids. In all three instances the OBGYN told my wives (2) both exes so can't post pics. That they could keep up the normal fitness routine they had already done. Which meant they could keep doing it at the level they were already at but not to start doing something hey hadn't been in shape for.

If this woman was doing crossfit before and was in great shape the doctor would have allowed her to continue unless complications arose.

In good shape = keep it up
In bad shape = don't start running marathons or crossfit just cause you got pregnant.

Ymmv...
View Quote

The spouses obwhatever told her. Do anything you want (outside drinking, smoking,m, drugs) providing it doesn't hurt or feel uncomfortable. That was 31 years ago.
Some women are more concerned about their looks than the health of anyone else.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
She has a fat ass
View Quote

You shut your damn mouth you milk bagger!!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm no prude but, fuck that guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I concur.  That image actually pisses me off
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

but did she drop 200 pounds of weight on her baby? Kettle bell to the abdomen? drop the medicine ball on her bellY? You can see how that would't be too good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Baby is fine.

How the fuck would any of those things possibly happen?!? I've been in gyms almost every day for about 7 years and have yet to see anyone drop anything on their stomach (even pregnant ladies)
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:30:40 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Who coined the phrase "the sport of fitness"?
View Quote
Probably a fat triathlete

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:30:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

if I would have saw that guy pulling that stupid shit at my Gym I would have asked to stop risking his kids health and well being.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
"beasting"
View Quote

= 1.5 " handstand pushup.

/beastmode
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:34:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How the fuck would any of those things possibly happen?!? I've been in gyms almost every day for about 7 years and have yet to see anyone drop anything on their stomach (even pregnant ladies)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Baby is fine.

ROG go look at her tossing the medicine ball up in the air by the wall. if she doesn't catch it it's hitting her stomach. Lets sayd she was doing a push press, jerk, overhead squat loses balance because she is pregnant and the bar lands on her. Let's say she falls forward with weight and lands on her stomach. Just google some quick youtube videos I promise you all of those things can happen.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:36:23 PM EDT
[#32]
your link gave my computer ebola
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Oly moves would be out (except really light to maintain the movement patterns), so would most ab moves and deadlift/squats with heavy weights at that stage.  Lighter barbell moves to maintain the movement path, as long as it does not interfere with the area are OK.

Th
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's retarded. Squats and lunges I can see but kettle bells and dead lifts are just freaking stupid for a pregnant woman at that point.

yeah its retarded..

Th

Disagree.

With her belly that big all she's doing is reinforcing really crappy form. Not to mention the potential problems that could occur if she manages to whack her belly with the bar.

She needs to skip the Oly stuff entirely.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

ROG go look at her tossing the medicine ball up in the air by the wall. if she doesn't catch it it's hitting her stomach. Lets sayd she was doing a push press, jerk, overhead squat loses balance because she is pregnant and the bar lands on her. Let's say she falls forward with weight and lands on her stomach. Just google some quick youtube videos I promise you all of those things can happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Baby is fine.

So ridiculously unlikely though...plus missing the ball (which is 10# BTW) or losing a lift safely is as easy as taking a step back. Also, she is probably more likely to trip and fall down the stairs.

I know hating on CF is the "cool" thing to do, but perhaps there's more risk in becoming completely unfit than there is in doing some moderate weight/conditioning training.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

So ridiculously unlikely though...plus missing the ball (which is 10# BTW) or losing a lift safely is as easy as taking a step back. Also, she is probably more likely to trip and fall down the stairs.

I know hating on CF is the "cool" thing to do, but perhaps there's more risk in becoming completely unfit than there is in doing some moderate weight/conditioning training.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Baby is fine.

Maybe you are right, but I always try to put the safety of my children ahead of not wanting to take a few months off of my training. Plus I am not hating on crossfit, crossfit didn't make her workout.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Maybe you are right, but I always try to put the safety of my children ahead of not wanting to take a few months off of my training.
View Quote

Have you considered the health benefits to baby and mother for staying in decent shape?

Don't make it sound like I'm saying staying fit and hot is more important than a baby. Not at all. I'm saying staying in shape is GOOD for the baby, if you're smart about it. Medical science tends to agree.

I bet if there's been a case of barbell impact killing a baby, there would have been a huge fuss about it (again, since hating CF is cool)...I've yet to ever hear of this happening.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
She has a fat ass
View Quote

wrong smiley bro
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Bet it helps with and cramps or back pain..
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Im not that impressed.  

Right now mine is 38 and 8 months prego and working 9 hours a day standing on her feet to pay the bills. She manages a retail store and her boss wont even let her have a stool. I bet she would love some leisure time at the gym.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Have you considered the health benefits to baby and mother for staying in decent shape?

Don't make it sound like I'm saying staying fit and hot is more important than a baby. Not at all. I'm saying staying in shape is GOOD for the baby, if you're smart about it. Medical science tends to agree.

I bet if there's been a case of barbell impact killing a baby, there would have been a huge fuss about it (again, since hating CF is cool)...I've yet to ever hear of this happening.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe you are right, but I always try to put the safety of my children ahead of not wanting to take a few months off of my training.

I am all about being smart while staying healthy while pregnant.

you won't see a case, because there aren't many women doing oly lifts while pregnant.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

you won't see a case, because there aren't many women doing oly lifts while pregnant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oly lifts, maybe not but I know quite a few that continue with CF at a lower intensity throughout their pregnancy. So far all have been better off for it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:42:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Disagree.

With her belly that big all she's doing is reinforcing really crappy form. Not to mention the potential problems that could occur if she manages to whack her belly with the bar.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah its retarded..

Th

Disagree.

orbital fucking bar path
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#43]
So many in this thread are missing the point.  Its not that she can't do her cross fit while pregnant. She can- exercise is healthy when done in moderation.  The issue is whether or not its an appropriate risk to take with an unborn child.  So many things could go wrong while working out standing on her head, doing deadlifts, exerting herself, or whatever.  I think any sane person should see that what she's doing is taking an unneeded risk regardless of whether or not its her regular routine pregnant or not.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:57:44 PM EDT
[#44]
That poor kid is gonna be born a douchebag. Didn't even stand a chance.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Would creampie,  What's the worst that could happen?
View Quote

http://www.babycenter.com/0_strange-but-true-getting-pregnant-when-youre-already-pregnan_10364946.bc
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So many in this thread are missing the point.  Its not that she can't do her cross fit while pregnant. She can- exercise is healthy when done in moderation.  The issue is whether or not its an appropriate risk to take with an unborn child.  So many things could go wrong while working out standing on her head, doing deadlifts, exerting herself, or whatever.  I think any sane person should see that what she's doing is taking an unneeded risk regardless of whether or not its her regular routine pregnant or not.

View Quote

Most Ob/gyns disagree.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

A vegan gluten-free crossfit instructor would be like one cult fad from critical mass.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A vegan gluten-free crossfit instructor would be like one cult fad from critical mass.    

Fify
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Most Ob/gyns disagree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Most Ob/gyns disagree.
You're right.  OBGYNs all over encourage handstands.  Especially since there's no chance of a hard fall when attempting that sort of a thing.  Hard falls present no danger to pregnant women.  No risk there. Carry on.  

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You're right.  OBGYNs all over encourage handstands.  Especially since there's no chance of a hard fall when attempting that sort of a thing.  Hard falls present no danger to pregnant women.  No risk there. Carry on.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most Ob/gyns disagree.

Most ob/gyns will say if you were doing it before you're ok to do after.

Only a complete retard would fall on their stomach from handstands. If she knew how to safely come out of a handstand when not pregnant she can do it while pregnant.

I know, I know, it's so much fun to hate on things you don't understand. Sorry to rain on the parade.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Baby is fine.
View Quote

If she was already running marathons and such before pregnancy, continuing isn't that big of a deal. I was told specifically to work out while pregnant, just stick to workouts that weren't too strenuous.

This lady is foolish, risking her baby's life to "test her devotion to crossfit".
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top