Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:44:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's hoping those bikers put their steel toed engineer boots to good use.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:44:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Even if you don't have a bike, go anyway.

Gridlock FTW

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:51:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Based on these posts, I think I know why DC declined the protest...
View Quote

Well, aren't you a special little flower?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:53:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Lot of Alaskans went out for this, they are really pushing the envelope (on weather) as far as getting back soon enough.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:53:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I live near D.C. All the motorcycle noise on the Memorial Day weekend is bad enough. Now we're going to have more noise disturbance on Sept.11? Not to speak of making an already bad traffic situation worse? My wife is going nuts with this stuff. Guys, have mercy on those of us who live here.
View Quote

I understand your concern but if a side benefit to this event is that the Muslims mocking us on 9/11 are overshadowed...then that is a wondrous thing and one that I hope people will accept any inconveniences.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:02:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he is implying the nanny staters in DC don't like scary noises like others here.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:04:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Good for them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:05:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Even if you don't have a bike, go anyway.

Gridlock FTW

View Quote

This. We need support vehicles. If you can meet up at the Washington DC Harley shop in Ft. Washington, MD. Several are already attending, bringing water, flags... it will be a "show"
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:08:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Ball peen hammers FTW!
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:11:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I think he is implying the nanny staters in DC don't like scary noises like others here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it seems pretty clear that the purpose of this 'protest' is to disrupt a demonstration that was already scheduled.  Pretty sure they aren't going to approval a proposal to ride through the city and drown out an already approved demonstration...

Edit: And the "welp, we'll just have to do it anyway" posts help show exactly why they didn't want to approve it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:11:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

no...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
need a sidekick?

Have a motorcycle?

no...

Sidecar.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:11:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Wish I could join but I'll be flying home on the 11th..
Returning to the states after living in Japan for 7 years.... Plus my birthday is the 11th.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:14:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Govt thought 200 hippies camping at city hall was bad! Honestly all 2 million should pull the "biker" style take over the town event...

Shut it down and have P Mag in each and every pocket

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:14:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No, it seems pretty clear that the purpose of this 'protest' is to disrupt a demonstration that was already scheduled.  Pretty sure they aren't going to approval a proposal to ride through the city and drown out an already approved demonstration...

Edit: And the "welp, we'll just have to do it anyway" posts help show exactly why they didn't want to approve it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmm... Muslims saying "haha" on the anniversary of a Muslim attack on our nation or America loving motorcycles comprised of a large number of vets showing that they love their country and do not approve of the bullshit? Some Americans still have that burn of American Spirit in them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:14:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Returning to the states after living in Japan for 7 years.... Plus my birthday is the 11th.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:15:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Hmmm... Muslims saying "haha" on the anniversary of a Muslim attack on our nation or America loving motorcycles comprised of a large number of vets showing that they love their country and do not approve of the bullshit? Some Americans still have that burn of American Spirit in them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
...and welcome home, thanks for your service
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:15:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1st amendment protections are only for special interest group members. Everybody else can fuck off.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:17:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

counter demonstrating is a time hounored tradition. Al Sharpton and JJ have made a business of it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:18:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Have fun storming the castle! And, don't forget to take some nice BBQ pork sandwiches with you to share.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:18:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

counter demonstrating is a time hounored tradition. Al Sharpton and JJ have made a business of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Revving a motorcycle to drown out the opposition is not a counter demonstration.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:18:59 AM EDT
[#21]
I can't go, but with you in spirit!

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:19:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Since they have no permit, are they going to ride in at night, film it and then ride away before anyone sees them?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:20:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're damn fucking right this is in opposition to the terrorist sympathizers "demonstrating" on 9/11.
What the fuck is wrong with you?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:20:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
...and welcome home, thanks for your service

Thankyou
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:20:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Wait ... so they were denied a permit for a drive through. Instead of saying fuck it, they're saying fuck it and going to drive through DC anyway, obeying all traffic regulations, signs, lights, and yielding to pedestrians?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I live near D.C. All the motorcycle noise on the Memorial Day weekend is bad enough. Now we're going to have more noise disturbance on Sept.11? Not to speak of making an already bad traffic situation worse? My wife is going nuts with this stuff. Guys, have mercy on those of us who live here.

It's one day, deal with it.  No mercy.

No shit.

I live in the area too... pay no mind to the nancy boys... ride on!
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:21:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You're damn fucking right this is in opposition to the terrorist sympathizers "demonstrating" on 9/11.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, right?  Fuck the First Amendment when I don't like the message!
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:23:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Since they have no permit, are they going to ride in at night, film it and then ride away before anyone sees them?
]
View Quote

I wanna see the cops arrest a million bikers.  :)
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:23:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Awwwe, how cute.
show me where there civil rights are being violated by the big bad motorcycle guys.
Disgusting.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:24:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Swings both ways. They have the right to do their thing and the bikers have the right to voice their opposition. I bet I know which group has the worse wrap but more self control.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:24:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Said the pot to the kettle.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:25:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Wow, where are they going to park the 2.5 million trailers and pickup trucks?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:25:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am not on the motorcycle event but if it inadvertently impacts the scum who want to say "Screw you America" on 11 September, I will applaud their efforts.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:26:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Swings both ways. They have the right to do their thing and the bikers have the right to voice their opposition. I bet I know which group has the worse wrap but more self control.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't consider motorcycles intentionally disrupting a demonstration through nothing but noise to be speech.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:26:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Great dumbass joke that hasn't been said here before.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:27:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Never go full retard bud
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:27:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Stop feeding the troll.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:28:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Revving a motorcycle to drown out the opposition is not a counter demonstration.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's police there to prevent unsanctioned behavior is there not? Presumption of bad deeds before they happen, based on group membership, isn't the American way. Going by that standard, the Muslim 9/11 celebration should be shit canned too...
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:28:37 AM EDT
[#39]
You know, I'd go to that ride - BUT - I will never, ever step foot in that fucking cesspool again!

I wish all the riders a great time - and the best of luck, but Fuck DC!

ETA: Okay. I suppose it would be cool to shit on the Islamists. I'll think (and pray) on it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:28:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't ask... the explanation would take way too long.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:29:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I am not on the motorcycle event but if it inadvertently impacts the scum who want to say "Screw you America" on 11 September, I will applaud their efforts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last I heard, this demonstration was about Muslims getting fucked over after 9/11 by ignore fools who think that all Muslims are the same as terrorists, not a "fuck you America" demonstration.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:29:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I don't consider motorcycles intentionally disrupting a demonstration through nothing but noise to be speech.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When has free speech ever been limited to verbal or literary expression?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:29:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am so happy we have enlightened folks such as yourself that know the content of the Amenmends... Including the right to peaceably assemble.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll take the sound and smell of freedom over the smell of body odor and the loud cries of food from Allah's snackbar anyday.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:32:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where did you get the idea that Muslims live in trailer parks and drove pickup trucks
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:32:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<span>

well yeah. that seems to be what you are saying. One group should be allowed to protest/ organize a march, while another should not.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:33:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

well yeah. that seems to be what you are saying. One group should be allowed to protest/ organize a march, while another should not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<span>

One of these is a demonstration.  One of these is an attempt to stop a demonstration.   Not the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:34:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I'll take the sound and smell of freedom over the smell of body odor and the loud cries of food from Allah's snackbar anyday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know man.  Grilled meat smells a hell of a lot better than motorcycle fumes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:35:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

One of these is a demonstration.  One of these is an attempt to stop a demonstration.   Not the same thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<span>

In your opinion. People are allowed to counter protest. It's been going on for centuries.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:35:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<span>

Well show your support and join the Muslim march, I'm sure an infidel would be welcomed with open arms.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top