BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's ugly but it fits the hand very well when the magazine is in.  The trigger is horrendous- it's supposed to feel like a double action revolver and it kinda does, if you're talking about a POS Taurus 94.  On the bright side it's gone bang with everythign I've ever loaded into the way overpriced and hard to find magazines.  I'd be happy to sell it if you'd like t for collecting or testing purposes.    

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j16/bajatacoma/IMGP1847_zps043584f1.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That FN Forty-Nine looks alot like the FNS
I would love to get a FNS and a Forty-Nine and strip them. See if in fact the FNS is an updated Forty-Nine.  

I thought it looked eerily similar to the M&P. It would be interesting to see one taken down if someone has one or can find a pic.

It's ugly but it fits the hand very well when the magazine is in.  The trigger is horrendous- it's supposed to feel like a double action revolver and it kinda does, if you're talking about a POS Taurus 94.  On the bright side it's gone bang with everythign I've ever loaded into the way overpriced and hard to find magazines.  I'd be happy to sell it if you'd like t for collecting or testing purposes.    

Can you post pics of it stripped so I can compare it with the FNS?

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I thought it looked eerily similar to the M&P. It would be interesting to see one taken down if someone has one or can find a pic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would love to get a FNS and a Forty-Nine and strip them. See if in fact the FNS is an updated Forty-Nine.  

Nope, it was the Sigma clone.  Same gun the from which the M&P was developed...

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

whatever happened to the .32 Seacamp?  Used to read all the raves about it in gun rags when I used to get gun rags in the mail
View Quote
Still in business.

http://www.seecamp.com

I own one from the late 90s when they were hand fitted.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally developed in Rhodesia for the farmers and the design moved to South Africa right?

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What the hell is that?  
View All Quotes

Wyoming Arms Parker
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 12:27:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Did they actually made one that did work?
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Desert Industries had a couple of .22 and .25 pistols that I thought looked interesting. I never had a chance to handle one, so I don't know what the quality of them were.

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I recall a stainless semi auto that looked like a cross between a Sig and a CZ. Had "Laser" in the name. Can't damn remember it for the life of me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 1:06:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a couple in the safe.

I've got a soft spot for the Star pistols, so I have a few of them. There's nothing in the picture for scale, but the Megastar is a big handgun. This one's a 10MM.

Although the 1911 purists hate them, I like my Double Eagle MKII. Seen here with another gun the purists hate, an early Para LDA.

Just for grins, here's another one from the late 80's.

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It isn't a cross from either. It is simply a Beretta 84 with a closed slide instead of the classic open slide design that Beretta has done since the Model 1951 1917.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Browning BDA .380 (cross between the Beretta 85 and BHP).

I have one.
It isn't a cross from either. It is simply a Beretta 84 with a closed slide instead of the classic open slide design that Beretta has done since the Model 1951 1917.  

FIFY
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 2:17:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a colt 2000. It came with a sweet super-soaker trigger. That way you have 2 weeks of trigger pull to be sure if you really want to shoot what your aiming at.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 2:27:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Man... this is weird... almost none of the guns being discussed in this thread really do anything for me.

I like a wide variety of stuff. You want to talk single action revolvers, striker fired pistols, milsurps, lever actions, EBRs, belt-feds, pistol caliber carbines, whatever, and I"m there.

I find almost no appeal to the guns in here.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#13]
That Model 28 is a nice looking pistol.  I love the aesthetics of the P88.  I am guessing cost was the issue there.  Those things were $1000 in the 90's and never widely available.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Man... this is weird... almost none of the guns being discussed in this thread really do anything for me.

I like a wide variety of stuff. You want to talk single action revolvers, striker fired pistols, milsurps, lever actions, EBRs, belt-feds, pistol caliber carbines, whatever, and I"m there.

I find almost no appeal to the guns in here.
View Quote

Neither did most people then....

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 2:43:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I really miss my Steyr GB.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Calico M950
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Supposedly, S&W wants those back in the world's worst manner due to the slide coming back at the shooter at speed. Interwebz rumor is that they will gladly exchange that for another pistol of choice just to get them into the shredder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Going through some boxes of old gun rags from the late 80s and early 90s I saw articles about some of these guns.

Smith & Wesson Sigma .380
http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/1700/9153981/acfece6.jpg

Anyone remember any other handguns that didn't sell well?  
Supposedly, S&W wants those back in the world's worst manner due to the slide coming back at the shooter at speed. Interwebz rumor is that they will gladly exchange that for another pistol of choice just to get them into the shredder.

Hmmm, a possible good use that POS in my safe. Gonna have to check this rumor out.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#18]

I had this gun two different times through the years. It was a good shooting service pistol and it took S&W 5906 mags.
The hammer drop function was just a novelty ,though.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I had the browning BDM good gun, never found any mags for it just the two that came with it. Gave it to my Dad for CCW he carries it everyday.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Sploosh
View All Quotes

It might be worth even more if it had a magazine with it. As it is right now, it's a very expensive semi auto single shot.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 3:59:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Long slide .45s?

with laser sighting?
View Quote

AMT Longslide .45. The laser sighting on "The Terminator" gun had to have a battery pack on Arnold's belt with a wire running up his arm. Not very practical.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
whatever happened to the .32 Seacamp?  Used to read all the raves about it in gun rags when I used to get gun rags in the mail
View Quote

The NAA Guardian put the nails in that one's coffin, IMO. The NAA was pretty close to the same quality but at 1/2 (sometimes better) the price of the Seacamp.

I got to finger bang a Seacamp once. After all the hype, I wasn't that impressed.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Speaking of Steyr pistols, the M series never rally seemed to take off.

http://www.cybershooters.org/dgca/SteyrM9/gun.JPG

I've only gotten a little trigger time with one, but it was pretty decent.  I liked the unique sights, and recoil was pretty soft.
View Quote

I really liked everything about those and would have bought one, except one thing:  The top-back of the grip right below the recess dug right into the meat of my thumb.  Very uncomfortable.  I guess it was designed for a different hand size.

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/32/Automag_44amp.jpg
This one is a bit early for the time window of the thread, but deserves a place.

I'd have thought there  would have been more success with Bren Ten due to Miami Vice marketing.
View Quote

We'll excuse you. "Sudden Impact" came out in the 80's. Then everyone had to have one, only to find out it had been discontinued in the 1970's.

I'm really surprised no one said the S&W Model 29, better known as THE GUN THAT CAPTURED THE MINDS OF THE MINDLESS!!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I recall a stainless semi auto that looked like a cross between a Sig and a CZ. Had "Laser" in the name. Can't damn remember it for the life of me.
View Quote

Laseraim.  Kind of a POS with a AMT build quality and feel.

There was a Forty Nine that sat in my LGS for years.  I almost talked myself into it once or twice, but the trigger made the P250 seem like target grade butter.  They finally marked it down low enough that some poor bastard took it home.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:10:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Remember the Alchemy Spectre?  Never saw one in person.

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:11:06 PM EDT
[#32]
I had a Star 45 . The color was Starvel. That was a good gun.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#35]

Ruger 10mm
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:23:43 PM EDT
[#36]

A solution to a non-existent problem.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anything chambered in .41 Action Express.

Wow, I hadn't thought about that cartridge in a long time. The .32 H&R magnum was another orphan cartridge of that time period.

Ta-da!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/zacheb/smithwesson1_zps07a661bd.jpg

Aaaggghh, I miss mine, of all the stuff I sold that was definitely a mistake.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:29:46 PM EDT
[#38]
intratec cat-9

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:35:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Detonics.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Speaking of Steyr pistols, the M series never rally seemed to take off.

http://www.cybershooters.org/dgca/SteyrM9/gun.JPG

I've only gotten a little trigger time with one, but it was pretty decent.  I liked the unique sights, and recoil was pretty soft.
View Quote

I have the early M series, It has  never given me one issue, thousands of rounds, ran filthy dirty and ergos are great.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Does the steyr count?  I know it may have never taken off in its time (I didn't even know one like that was released in the 80's) but they currently make the m9a1's that are supposed to be pretty good.

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:43:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
For some reason, I always wanted a Steyr GB.
View Quote

I did, too, and I can't tell you why either.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
COP .357

I wish I would have picked up a few them back in the 80's

View Quote

I played with one at a pawn shop in Clarksville, TN, back in the late 90's. Had I not been a broke PV2 with a pain-in-the-ass wife and an infant, I'd have bought it instantly.

My choice for a gun of that era which never got popular, though it rightfully should have, would be the Astra A-70.

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 5:02:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff35/kemays/112d5e09d7d8977c4d15ec72dd41d5c6_zpsc7ae4a19.jpg
View Quote

Actually saw one in a gun shop a couple months ago.  Was trying to figure out what the heck it was.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 5:03:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff35/kemays/112d5e09d7d8977c4d15ec72dd41d5c6_zpsc7ae4a19.jpg
View Quote

We had one of these in the shop I used to work in. After sitting for quite awhile we took it out to the range.
Went bang once. Never could get it to work after that.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 5:17:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's an interesting concept. I'm surprised no-one ran with that.

According to the wikipedia page it's a combination of a 1911 and a Glock and is actually compatible with the Glock slide, bbl, and RSA.

Someone needs to revisit this concept and do it right.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#50]

Originally developed in Rhodesia for the farmers and the design moved to South Africa right?  
I hadn't heard that.  I thought it was just a design that would hopefully be adopted by the South African .mil.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top