Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#1]
This is how American civilization will die: ground to hamburger between the corporate risk avoidance shysters and the murderous savages who are running ever more rampant.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:05:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Getting killed while making minimum wage any wage.

Fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:22:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Animals.
I hope they get the extreme  justice they deserve.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:51:56 AM EDT
[#4]
MAD AS HELL!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:34:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Whoa, that video is really crappy. It didnt show nothing. BOO!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting that this video appears here today. We worked 2 robberies last night, and 1 the night before that. On each night, one of the robbers fired back at the clerk for no apparent reason, after the deed was done.

You cannot convince me that these animals are "just after the money and don't want to hurt anybody"

ETA: spelling
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:24:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Damnit! too bad they didn't resist and get mowed down

Typical cowardly scum...
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Murder suspects captured

Two men accused of killing 7-Eleven clerk

By KATHERINE ROSENBERG Staff Writer

APPLE VALLEY — Two men accused of killing a 7-Eleven clerk this week were apprehended Saturday, ending an exhaustive search.
  William Gould, 31, was shot over a dozen times by two suspected gang members who stole $62 from the cash registers, then killed Gould when he could not open the store’s safe, said Sgt. T.A. Peters, lead investigator from the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Homicide Division.
  “We feel very elated in catching them, it’s been a long week. We just haven’t stopped, we’ve had very little sleep but we had a small army going after these guys looking for them,” Peters said. “WeTip callers were also instrumental in this.”
  Jerome Cornell Sessions, 24, of Victorville was identified early in the investigation as one of the two armed robbers, but it wasn’t until a WeTip caller provided information that authorities were able to identify the gunman in the shooting as Shamar Lavette Thornton, 20, of Apple Valley, Peters said.
  He explained that although Sessions is a Crip gang member from Pomona and Thornton is a Delman Heights Blood gang member, the two were friends and worked together to plan the robbery, but not the murder.
  “In the High Desert, there’s no barriers up there. We have found it is common in other murder investigations that we’ll have people from opposing gangs together. It’s like mutual territory,” Peters said.
  Authorities found that the men had purchased gloves from another gas station earlier on Monday, hours before the mur- der, showing that it was a premeditated event, Peters said. But, Sessions never believed they would kill the clerk, Peters said.
  “Sessions thought they were just going to beat him up, he actually took a swing at him. In the back room Gould is pleading for his life. Then they shoot, and when they do he was screaming for them to stop and they didn’t, or, I should say, Thornton didn’t,” Peters said. “Sessions was actually shot as well, he was grazed with a bullet on his arm. Thornton said he was scared that this guy was going to identify them or be able to testify against him so he kept shooting,” Peters said.
  Additional details about the homicide were also made available, as Peters explained exactly what happened in the store from when the men first approached until they fled.
  Gould was sweeping outside the store when the men arrived and Thornton produced a semi-automatic weapon and showed it to Gould as he was shoved inside the store. Once inside Gould was made to open the cash registers which yielded only $62, Peters said. The men then tried to get Gould to open the safe under the counter but he didn’t have access.
  “The two suspects appeared to be angry with Gould and roughly force him down the hallway towards the back office,” Peters said.
  In the back room Thornton first shot out the monitor of a computer screen before shooting Gould numerous times. Although the lights were out in the office, the surveillance cameras picked up the activity, including a muzzle flash each time Thornton fired a round, Peters said.
  The men then fled and visited at least two other convenience stores afterwards. They returned to the AM/PM where they had purchased the gloves, and then Peters believes Sessions drove Thornton to his apartment before he visited the second 7-Eleven on his own.
  Although Sessions was seen on tape at that location laughing and flirting with the clerk as he purchased beer and a blunt, used for smoking marijuana, Peters suggests Sessions is actually repentant for the murder.
  “Sessions is very remorseful. When he came here he broke down crying. He’s very upset, this whole thing really tortured him,” Peters said.
  Thornton, on the other hand, “was just concerned that I mention he is a rapper going to jail for murder,” Peters said. “This is a man you killed for no reason, his kids won’t have a father because of you and all you care about is that you’re a rapper?” Peters said.
  Sessions also turned himself in to authorities after they had done extensive searches for him throughout the area. Peters attributed that to pressure put on him by friends who were in danger of being arrested. Each home the three-man homicide team visited resulted in arrests, called collateral damage. Peters felt those people were trying to convince Sessions, who was hiding out at a home in Compton, to turn himself in.
  “We were right behind Sessions all week long, he was always just a step ahead of us, but knowing what he was doing to his friends caused him to turn himself in,” Peters said.
  Court records show that T hor nton was previously charged with assault with a firearm on a person, threatening a crime and inflicting corporal injury on a spouse or cohabitant on January 3, 2004. He later pleaded guilty to the last charge, according to court documents, and he was on probation for the crimes.
  Peters said that Sessions was on supervised parole for shooting at a dwelling or an inhabited vehicle.
  Clerks at the 7-Eleven location on Apple Valley Road and Highway 18 would not comment on the arrest of their co-workers killers, referring inquiries to a corporate office. Calls to that office were not returned Saturday night.
  A member of the Gould family also politely declined comment at this difficult time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:40:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, there you have it. This and other stories (some with positive outcomes, like the motel shooting posted here) have convinced me of one thing:

If you're being robbed, and the robber is armed - LIGHT HIM UP.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:43:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Sessions is very remorseful. When he came here he broke down crying. He’s very upset, this whole thing really tortured him,” Peters said.

Sure he's acting remorseful, he got caught.  Otherwise he'd still be out there bragging about killing someone.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:47:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
  Thornton, on the other hand, “was just concerned that I mention he is a rapper going to jail for murder,” Peters said. “This is a man you killed for no reason, his kids won’t have a father because of you and all you care about is that you’re a rapper?” Peters said.

That right there is what pisses me off.  He'll end up underserving time, and when he gets out, because he's a "rapper" going to jail for murder, he'll get signed to some stupid ass record contract, and put on a pedistal by many "disadvantaged" youths, because he's had a hard life, and now he has "street cred".

CoC prevents me from saying what is I believe is required, but anyone that knows me knows what my opinion on the matter is.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:51:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Sessions is very remorseful. When he came here he broke down crying. He’s very upset, this whole thing really tortured him,” Peters said.

Sure he's acting remorseful, he got caught.  Otherwise he'd still be out there bragging about killing someone.

+1

Sounds like a "Cry on Demand" act, he was cought and now he wants to play that he is the victim
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:02:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Again, when faced with an armed threat the safest response is to react with lethal force.

Don't let your life depend on the moral choices of some tweeking thug with a .38.

An instructor of mine a while back told us the story of how he became a police officer.

He had worked in the grocery buisness for years when one night a guy with a gun showed up to rob them. My instructor gave him the money and then the man ordered them to go into another room and lay down on the floor.

My instructor said that instantly he knew that the robber intended to kill all of them. (There were 3 of them in the main office) My instructor said:

"At that moment I made a decision. I decided that this bastard WAS NOT going to kill me and WAS NOT going to kill my co-workers, even if it meant I had to twist his head off with my bare hands."

My instructor attacked the man, got his gun away from him, and beat him pretty badly. The guy escaped with my instructor shooting at him with the very .38 revolver he intended to kill them with.

He refused to be a victim. He refused to let this guy have his way.

Except, he had already given the robber the money.

Only when it was clear that the robber was after more than just money did your instructor take the initiative.

In other words he followed the advice............................... give them the money, most will go away with the money. If they get the money and they don't leave, FIGHT your life depends on it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:19:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

WTF???
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:24:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Tookie needs some company in hell.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:51:19 AM EDT
[#16]
My nephew was shot after the corner market he owned was robbed.  The guy took an old lady's purse and jewelry, the watch and wallet from a man in the store, the cash drawer, and on the way out the door, shot Pat.  My nephew survived the shooting, but had to sell the store to cover the medical costs.  As far as we all know, the perp still walks the street.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:54:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
<Racist slur removed.  --tbk1>

+1
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:04:00 AM EDT
[#18]
I feel really sad, I grew up in the High Desert area of Victorville/Apple Valley(100 miles east of Los Angeles).  I don't remember seeing so much violent crime there. It just "happened" in the last 10-15 years or so.  This area used to be home to March and George AFB years ago, before they were closed in the previous rounds of base closings.  The Army still maintains the Ft Irwin NTC and the USMC has the largest supply depot west of the Mississippi in this area.

Life is pretty cheap in the High Desert, but I find that corporate 7-11 store should share some of the blame.  7-11 corporate stapitulates in the franchise agreement that all 7-11 stores must open 24/7, "no buts, no exception."  And of course, they are anti-gun, ie no guns on the premises because of insurance liability reasons, ie you may hurt someone and we will get sued.  Of course if an employee gets killed, then that is too bad.  Corp 7-11 probably finds that it is cheaper to pay for whatever costs associated with a employee death, than to have an employee actually defend him/her self

Los Angeles LE and city government often brag that we lowered crime etc, but in essence they pushed the gangs and criminals into the surrounding areas.  The city of San Bernardino(50 mileas east of Los Anglees) used to be a decent, place to live, but now it just a hell-hole.  The area that surrounds Los Angeles County, the Inland Empire(Riverside and San Bernardino Counties) is now a hot bed of meth labs and gang activity, it used to be a nice place to live, it is still just that today there is an increase in criminal activities over that of years ago.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Well, there you have it. This and other stories (some with positive outcomes, like the motel shooting posted here) have convinced me of one thing:

If you're being robbed, and the robber is armed - LIGHT HIM UP.

Its a new world of thinking my friend... you are 110% right
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF???

Yeah no shit. What the hell?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Thorntons instituted a policy that all stores have at least TWO clerks AT ALL TIMES.

What's their rational... So that there can be two people to get killed?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thorntons instituted a policy that all stores have at least TWO clerks AT ALL TIMES.

What's their rational... So that there can be two people to get killed?

It is also my understanding......

That 7-11 gives large amounts of $$ to ANTI-Gun organizations!

Why are WE as responsible gun owners still shopping/spending there??????

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:20:17 PM EDT
[#24]
People (using the term loosely) who take a gun to a robbery have at least the intent to use it to threaten the victim, which means they have at least contemplated what they would do if it doesn't work.

On my recent trip through texas we stopped one evening at a Stop N Rob because there was a police car there.  The PD left and most of the customers were minorities and things were pretty jolly.  I showed the new clerk how to load the tape in the cash register, which led to some jocularity.  A few women and kids, etc, things got real serious and quiet when some gangstas came in.  My son and I went out to the truck and the gangstas  walked out when they saw us watching across the street.  We left.  There must have been about 10 people in their and they all got real worried.  They sure watched our lead, guess they figured at least one of us was carrying.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:22:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
This is how American civilization will die: ground to hamburger between the corporate risk avoidance shysters and the murderous savages who are running ever more rampant.

WORD!
I've never seen the problems of modern America so succintly stated.

wganz

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:44:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Jerome Cornell Sessions, 24, of Victorville was identified early in the investigation as one of the two armed robbers, but it wasn’t until a WeTip caller provided information that authorities were able to identify the gunman in the shooting as Shamar Lavette Thornton

I didn't watch the video, I take it the criminals were white guys?

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:49:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Doesnt show anybody get shot in the video...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:20:31 PM EDT
[#28]
As soon as I turn 21 I want to get my CWC Permit, I don't want to be like this guy
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top