Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#1]
From a daugher's perspective, or at least this daughter's, numbers 42 and 49 were key.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Good list.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:32:30 PM EDT
[#3]
My girl child is getting married Aug 3.  
She is 27
When she went to college I gave her the choice of handgun from my collection to take, she chose 2 of them.
She taught her fiance to shoot
That is a very good list guys, tag it, remember it, use it
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:47:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You Too?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ouch, the dust is hurting my eyes.

You Too?

Between this thread and the music video I agree. The only thing keeping me from going in my 14 month little girls room and hugging her is the wrath that would ensue from the wife for waking her lol.

Can't wait till 0630 when I hear her playing in her crib. The wife has said that I need to leave her in the crib as long as she's happy to let her be independent.

The wife will be at the gym so what she doesn't know won't hurt her. My babies getting extra daddy time and  pancakes tomorrow  
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My girl child is getting married Aug 3.  
She is 27
When she went to college I gave her the choice of handgun from my collection to take, she chose 2 of them.
She taught her fiance to shoot
That is a very good list guys, tag it, remember it, use it
View Quote

Congratulations, Sir.

I loved reading this, because it matches my own experience.

My daughter (also 27) wanted to take an old .380 I owned at the time when she went off to college; I offered her my Glock 26 instead, which she happily accepted.  I just finally got it back from her (literally three days ago) after replacing it with a SIG.

Mine didn't have to teach her new husband how to shoot, though; he's a former Marine with two tours in Iraq.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#6]
My daughter took my Sig P6 with her, along with a 22 semiauto.  
I haven't taught her to buy her own ammo yet, she raids my stash when she comes home.
Good luck to your daughter too....
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 5:54:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My little girl is on her way in 1.5 months. I always thought I wanted a boy, but this girl thing makes you think a lot more about being a strong male figure in her life.
View Quote

I was the same way. But now I wouldn't trade my bug for anything.

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:12:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I've done most of those, so I'm doing okay
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:40:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for posting. Three bits of wisdom I learned:

When your child wants you to pick them up realize that one day they will stop asking.

When your child is struggling or being a total pain in the arse, that is usually when they need the most love.

Tend your garden. You may be tired, cranky, or lazy but if you let the weeds grow you'll pay for it many times over.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:40:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I am a father of 2 girls, one that is 5 years old and we are celebrating the others 1st birthday this weekend. OP, thanks for posting this, I have some catching up on a few of these. #6 is one of my favorite things to do with my 5 year old. She plays tee ball, like a boss. I know it is only tee ball, but this year she hit lead off every single game, and had a batting average of 1.000, ON THE YEAR. I was grinning from ear to ear that last game.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:56:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Saving this to read later. Thanks op.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 7:01:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/suededblack/251193_10151504230314538_288188814_n_zpsfc480051.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My little girl is on her way in 1.5 months. I always thought I wanted a boy, but this girl thing makes you think a lot more about being a strong male figure in her life.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/suededblack/251193_10151504230314538_288188814_n_zpsfc480051.jpg

I agreed with both of these post.

I call our baby girl bug also.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 7:02:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Got an RC Jeep.  My little girl runs around fixing it for me.  She's always trying to help me work on stuff.  She's awesome!
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 7:10:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for sharing this
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 7:32:33 AM EDT
[#15]
one 2 years old August 18 and one 7 months.  I can't believe 2 years has gone by already, seems like they just came home from the hospital.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 7:43:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote
I have one on the way too, and felt the same way, but I've at least gotten used to the idea of raising a daughter. It is kind of a terrifying prospect, though lol.

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 7:53:29 AM EDT
[#17]
excellent advice.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#18]
When my daughter turned 3 my mom used this exact list to create a photo album and gave it to me. There is a picture of my little girl corresponding to each item on the list. I keep the album on the shelf with my reloading manuals to make sure I see it (and read it) often. She's almost 5 now and becomes more amazing everyday.

I can tell you #38 never applied to her. When she was 2 the lowest branch that I could attach her baby swing to was 20ft off the ground. She was really frustrated that I couldn't swing her harder, even putting my full weight into it. I'm 6'3" and have pictures of her swinging at least 6ft over my head. She is definitely my dare devil.

I need to do a better job on #44 though.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top