Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:55:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't understand the logic behind Israel's claims.  The Jews are not the first people in history to lose land.  If you support Israel taking back their land, shouldn't the Native Americans evict all of us?  I admit to not knowing much about the formation of the state of Israel, but it seems that in the early 1900's zionist decided that they would like to have their ancestral lands back as a homeland for a religious state.  By this logic, all non-native inhabitants are squatters (even if it has been 1000 years)  If this is the case then half of the world is populated with non-native squatters.  where in history do you decide who owns the land and why is it considered a right to own it for eternity?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:23:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't understand the logic behind Israel's claims.  The Jews are not the first people in history to lose land.  If you support Israel taking back their land, shouldn't the Native Americans evict all of us?  I admit to not knowing much about the formation of the state of Israel, but it seems that in the early 1900's zionist decided that they would like to have their ancestral lands back as a homeland for a religious state.  By this logic, all non-native inhabitants are squatters (even if it has been 1000 years)  If this is the case then half of the world is populated with non-native squatters.  where in history do you decide who owns the land and why is it considered a right to own it for eternity?

Pretty simple, really.

Palestinians= Bad

Israelis= not perfect, but much more gooder than palestinians.

Got it?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:27:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty simple, really.

Palestinians= Bad

Israelis= not perfect, but much more gooder than palestinians.

Got it?

okay. glad that issue is settled
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:32:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
but it seems that in the early 1900's zionist decided that they would like to have their ancestral lands back as a homeland for a religious state.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL no they didn't.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:42:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[/url]

Video of the evictions taking place.

"
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:43:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Video of the evictions taking place.

"
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:16:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Quoted:

By and large I support Israel’s right to exist, but it doesn’t mean they are infallible. It is kind of like the U.S. Govt condemning property and evicting the residents to build a highway, school, or some other project…

The U.S. has been doing that for years

Yep, it's authorized by the Constitution.

The difference is our govt has to pay for what they take.

And their government is removing people who have no proof of ownership of the houses they are in...

'Since 1950' seems to indicate that this family 'occupied' a house abandoned by it's legal owner during the war....

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:20:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
By and large I support Israel’s right to exist, but it doesn’t mean they are infallible. It is kind of like the U.S. Govt condemning property and evicting the residents to build a highway, school, or some other project…

The U.S. has been doing that for years

Yep, it's authorized by the Constitution.

The difference is our govt has to pay for what they take.

And their government is removing people who have no proof of ownership of the houses they are in...

'Since 1950' seems to indicate that this family 'occupied' a house abandoned by it's legal owner during the war....

So that's where Kahane got it from
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:29:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

.........I support Israel’s right to exist...........

As do I.......as should we all.
5sub
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:52:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't wait until they bulldoze that abomination off of the Temple Mount.  That'll start the shit storm to end all shit storms.

At the risk of over simplifying the problem, we can all blame Abraham for wanting Hagar's pie.  Just one more example of how pussy gets shit started.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:56:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:58:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Arab families, who were given notices of the pending eviction several weeks ago, cooperated with police, but expressed anger at the move
nonetheless. After being evicted, they stayed behind a barrier set up by the police a short distance from the front of the house. After being evacuated and their property confiscated by Israeli authorities, they tried to put a banner on the building but were repelled by the police.

"I was born in this house and my children were also born in this house. I have documents from the Jordanian government," Maher Hanoun, one of the evacuees, told Army Radio. "Now the settlers have moved into my home and I'm on the street. Where will I go?"

The claim was based on the fact that Sheikh Jarrah was a Jewish neighborhood prior to the establishment of the state; the settlers who moved in the houses were not direct descendants of the owners; according to their own account, the Hanouns and Ghawis have been living in the homes previously deserted by their Jewish owners since the early 1950s.

I might have documents from Canada saying I own my house, but that doesn't do me much good if the state of Texas decides to evict me for non-payment, now does it.

Right, and when Tejas became Texas, all property claims and rights when out the window, huh?

How many Spanish Land Grants have you seen us honoring lately?

All of them in NM, AZ, CO, UT,CA, NV

There is still property in NM that can only be sold to heirs of the grantees.  Look it up.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:26:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Arab families, who were given notices of the pending eviction several weeks ago, cooperated with police, but expressed anger at the move
nonetheless. After being evicted, they stayed behind a barrier set up by the police a short distance from the front of the house. After being evacuated and their property confiscated by Israeli authorities, they tried to put a banner on the building but were repelled by the police.

"I was born in this house and my children were also born in this house. I have documents from the Jordanian government," Maher Hanoun, one of the evacuees, told Army Radio. "Now the settlers have moved into my home and I'm on the street. Where will I go?"

The claim was based on the fact that Sheikh Jarrah was a Jewish neighborhood prior to the establishment of the state; the settlers who moved in the houses were not direct descendants of the owners; according to their own account, the Hanouns and Ghawis have been living in the homes previously deserted by their Jewish owners since the early 1950s.

I might have documents from Canada saying I own my house, but that doesn't do me much good if the state of Texas decides to evict me for non-payment, now does it.

Right, and when Tejas became Texas, all property claims and rights when out the window, huh?

How many Spanish Land Grants have you seen us honoring lately?

All of them in NM, AZ, CO, UT,CA, NV

There is still property in NM that can only be sold to heirs of the grantees.  Look it up.

Did you notice we were talking about Texas, not New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Nevada, or Californistan?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:43:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
...You are contradicting yourself. Jews held deed to those properties, not the Jordanians(Pali's) squatting there. The property was in Jewish possession before 1948. The homeowners fled in the chaos to safer locations. Now they want it back. By your logic, if Spanish deeds were honored, then shouldn't Jordanian deeds, held by Jews be honored?
I think rule of law does help Israel.

No contradiction at all. Both parties had deeds, so the issue the Israeli courts decided on was whether property abandoned in the 1920's could be transferred and whether they would trump deeds from the 1950's.  And apparently, the court didn't consider deeds which were brought in from Turkey, who ran the area back during the 19th century.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So why exactly where they evicted?

They were squatters. They just happened to be squatters for a long time. They never purchased the home, never had deed to the home, they just thought finders keepers.

I think the Nazis used that same kind of rational when they evicted Jewish families from homes and gave the homes to the Aryans.  They said Germany was for Germans and the Jews didn't belong.

It was immoral for the Nazis to do it and it is immoral for the Israelis to steal land from the Palestinians whose families have been living there for generations.

Go back to DU you Troll.

I have been around here a lot longer than you have and I am hardly a troll.

The position of not liking it when the government takes homes and land away from the people is a very Conservative position.

Also, the US had condemned the actions of the goddamn Israelis for doing it and I support the US over Israel.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were squatters. They just happened to be squatters for a long time. They never purchased the home, never had deed to the home, they just thought finders keepers.

I think the Nazis used that same kind of rational when they evicted Jewish families from homes and gave the homes to the Aryans.  They said Germany was for Germans and the Jews didn't belong.

It was immoral for the Nazis to do it and it is immoral for the Israelis to steal land from the Palestinians whose families have been living there for generations.

Go back to DU you Troll.

The position of not liking it when the government takes homes and land away from the people is a very Conservative position.

Also, the US had condemned the actions of the goddamn Israelis for doing it and I support the US over Israel.

The US did not condemn the Israelis, the Obama administration did.
(Nor did G-d damn them, but that's besides the point!)
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
...You are contradicting yourself. Jews held deed to those properties, not the Jordanians(Pali's) squatting there. The property was in Jewish possession before 1948. The homeowners fled in the chaos to safer locations. Now they want it back. By your logic, if Spanish deeds were honored, then shouldn't Jordanian deeds, held by Jews be honored?
I think rule of law does help Israel.

No contradiction at all. Both parties had deeds, so the issue the Israeli courts decided on was whether property abandoned in the 1920's could be transferred and whether they would trump deeds from the 1950's.  And apparently, the court didn't consider deeds which were brought in from Turkey, who ran the area back during the 19th century.

I saw nothing that said the squatters had deeds to the property, only that they had proof they lived there for 50 years. If you have another source, I would like to see it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:01:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those mean Jews.  Picking on the practitioners of the Religion of Peace. Those Jews are always starting trouble.

The goddamn Israelis brutalize the Christian Palestinians just like they brutalize the Muslim Palestinians.

When they want land for the immigrants they don’t give a shit about being Muslim or Christian.

There are Christian Palestinians?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:52:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those mean Jews.  Picking on the practitioners of the Religion of Peace. Those Jews are always starting trouble.

The goddamn Israelis brutalize the Christian Palestinians just like they brutalize the Muslim Palestinians.

When they want land for the immigrants they don’t give a shit about being Muslim or Christian.

no.

but only 'cuase there's no such thing as a palestinian.

There ARE Christians who live in Israel and all around the middle east.

Lebanon especially.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:57:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go back to DU you Troll.

The US did not condemn the Israelis, the Obama administration did.
(Nor did G-d damn them, but that's besides the point!)

President Obama is our head of government and Head of State. He most certainly does speak for America.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:27:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no.

but only 'cuase there's no such thing as a palestinian.

There ARE Christians who live in Israel and all around the middle east.

Lebanon especially.

I'm sure there are a few scattered around the middle east, but one would think that occupying the West Bank would not be in their best interests.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top