Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe it's a situation like my son's school.  They are starting to beg kids to play varsity football.  They have a real roster/depth problem on their hands.  Conversely, his soccer team has 62 kids on it (they had to break it up between Varsity/Club/Travel teams since there were some many kids.)

When I was in school, I remember them coming over the morning announcement speaker and begging kids to come out for the soccer team.  28 years later and the roles are reversed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My 5'11", 200 pound freshman lineman/son would end her.  There's a kid with a great arm on his team who is 5'6" tall and will probably not get to play QB because the line is all my son's size or bigger.  I can't believe there isn't a 6' tall 180-200 pound stud in the school to take the position.
Maybe it's a situation like my son's school.  They are starting to beg kids to play varsity football.  They have a real roster/depth problem on their hands.  Conversely, his soccer team has 62 kids on it (they had to break it up between Varsity/Club/Travel teams since there were some many kids.)

When I was in school, I remember them coming over the morning announcement speaker and begging kids to come out for the soccer team.  28 years later and the roles are reversed.
Doesn't surprise me, the moms don't want their kid to play contact sports.

I am going to let my son play flag football until its time for 9th grade ball.

He is built like me, which I was built like my dad but I am bigger, if my son ends up being my height, and ends up liking football and work hard at it, he will get an offer to play college.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#2]
MEPS measured me at 5'9 168lbs when I was 17 and I was 3rd string QB and people went out of their way to wreck me. I can't imagine playing at 5'2
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#3]
So she didn't throw a ball once through the whole video?

Fake news.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:40:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I hope not. That's weak.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
God....this is a horrible idea.

When I was in high school I played Defensive tackle/noseguard.

I was 6' 270 lbs and ran a 4.8 40yd, I was also very strong (Div 1 school prospect, small Div 1, not like SEC)

I cleanly tacked QBs that were twice her size and had them sit out plays, games etc. I never had the intention of hurting them.

I also was not the biggest on the field.

She is going to get injured badly.
Yep had lots of farm boys in our gym in high school hitting 400lb benchs heavy squats who were also farmer strong and quick.

Putting a 5' girl in front of them is major league stupid and irresponsible.
yep you are right 100%

My dead lift was 460 and I wasn't the strongest on the team.
I hope not. That's weak.
it's high school and we didn't take steroids and we weren't big ole Alabama boys.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Where did I say good idea? I said good for her. I guess from now on I will include a disclaimer explaining exactly what my thoughts are regarding what I think will happen. I think it's a terrible idea overall, hence why I made mention of the fact that we wouldn't let girls join our boring little after-class padless tackle games. I broke the starting UF pitcher's middle finger one game and cracked another guy's sternum in another. But even playing around for fun on Florida field was amazing. No girl would have been ok with the gay little BS football we were playing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good for her. My sister played as a kicker in a few games on her varsity team. She was a girls soccer varsity captain. She hated it for no other reason than she had no one to hang out with when she was in the locker room before and after the game. I think she got a field goal? No one made a big deal about it. This was 2003 or so.

I wouldn't want to tackle a girl. When we played padless tackled in college for fun, we didn't let any of the girls play with us. It was weird enough blocking girls playing coed flag football.
Your sister never had to worry about being sacked by a Div I prospect from her blindside.

Have you not seen what happens to grown ass men?

Here's an example,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xODGXg3bbeU
How do you know? She never did get tackled. Only played a few downs so far as she told me. I'm not saying this girl isn't going to get wrecked. I'm saying good for her if she wants to try it. Undersized boys get wrecked all the time.

You realize we aren't arguing, right?
Because I know what happens to kickers.

Sure, good for her until she get's wrecked and can't walk. Undersized boys aren't playing QB on varsity at the 5A level.

I know you weren't arguing with me, but if you think having a little girl play varsity QB is a good idea, I have news for you.

Kicker, punter like your sister...sure no problem.
Where did I say good idea? I said good for her. I guess from now on I will include a disclaimer explaining exactly what my thoughts are regarding what I think will happen. I think it's a terrible idea overall, hence why I made mention of the fact that we wouldn't let girls join our boring little after-class padless tackle games. I broke the starting UF pitcher's middle finger one game and cracked another guy's sternum in another. But even playing around for fun on Florida field was amazing. No girl would have been ok with the gay little BS football we were playing.
You said good for her....it's not good for her.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:41:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Well the Center won't mind lol.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:41:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not in our district...
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:43:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#9]
For a QB her height is going to be a bigger hindrance than her chromosomes
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#10]
While it's not a QB sack, I just keep picturing the Clowney vs VSmith hit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:44:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not in our district...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not in our district...
Yeah but 90% of Varsity teams in Texas can beat the snot out of all the JuCos in the country.

I remember we went to a football camp one time and they had a team from Denton. I thought I was looking at the college varsity squad.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:46:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Not once did the video even show her attempt a pass.  I'm willing to be she can pass for shit.  Nothing against girls trying to play QB if they can. But don't do this as a stunt to show how progressive of a program you have.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not once did the video even show her attempt a pass.  I'm willing to be she can pass for shit.  Nothing against girls trying to play QB if they can. But don't do this as a stunt to show how progressive of a program you have.
View Quote
They can right up until the point they get knocked out and can't remember who they are.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#14]
"Guys" have been homecoming Queens so no big deal.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
"Guys" have been homecoming Queens so no big deal.
View Quote
Cheech & Chong - Earache My Eye
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#16]
That area has some extremely violent thugs, i.e Miami Lakes. Most of that area gets drafted to major SEC powerhouses then the NFL, or go from HS to prison. Not only will she get beaten but raped as well.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:58:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Instead of 'hut, hut'.

It'll be 'slut, slut'.

Ed
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:58:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

First QB to throw 100% interceptions before being crippled when her line intentionally let defenders through the line to get her out of the game?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah but 90% of Varsity teams in Texas can beat the snot out of all the JuCos in the country.

I remember we went to a football camp one time and they had a team from Denton. I thought I was looking at the college varsity squad.
View Quote
this. I remember the 6A state champ game here in OK a few years ago when Southmoore played Jenks(Tulsa)

The southmoore squad looked like a PeeWee team compared to Jenks and the score showed it. Jenks won 44-26 with 14 Southmoore points coming in garbage time
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

First QB to throw 100% interceptions before being crippled when her line intentionally let defenders through the line to get her out of the game?
View Quote
They wouldn't even have to let them through, just one good clean tackle ought to do it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:06:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Thursday’s intra-squad scrimmage at Hollywood Hills High was the first tackle football game experience for Neher
View Quote
It might be her last.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:09:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I wouldn't play her.

I want to play football, not have someone's paralysis or death on my conscience
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:13:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Just hand the ball off every down.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I hope not. That's weak.
View Quote
and yet again
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#27]
At least she'll be going to the same Emergency Room as the boys when they murder her face on the field.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:16:40 PM EDT
[#28]
I bet she has her boobies grabbed a lot.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:16:43 PM EDT
[#29]
This difference between knowledge and wisdom is this.

Knowledge says that she can try out and may get to play in a game.

Wisdom is that a 5'2" chick is going to get crushed like a grape on the produce department's floor and as such, don't do that.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
this. I remember the 6A state champ game here in OK a few years ago when Southmoore played Jenks(Tulsa)
View Quote
I've been to Jenks... they grow some big kids up there.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not in our district...

Western LA has pretty good HS football too.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Eight inches shorter than Doug Flutie who was considered to be a midget for that position. Good luck with that.
View Quote
LOLOLOL. You have a way with words.

+1.27
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#33]
A chance to be starting QB in high school football.

Yep, the sexes have almost equalized...  
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Your sister never had to worry about being sacked by a Div I prospect from her blindside.

Here's an example,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good for her. My sister played as a kicker in a few games on her varsity team. She was a girls soccer varsity captain. She hated it for no other reason than she had no one to hang out with when she was in the locker room before and after the game. I think she got a field goal? No one made a big deal about it. This was 2003 or so.

I wouldn't want to tackle a girl. When we played padless tackled in college for fun, we didn't let any of the girls play with us. It was weird enough blocking girls playing coed flag football.

Here's an example,

That was a pretty tackle.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Guilty.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#36]
They'll change the rules of the game. It will become touch football.

Of course, that will bring up the issue of inappropriate touching.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Here's an example,

View Quote
Oh crap!  

Someone didn't do their job!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#39]
But muh glass ceiling tho
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#40]
History?

Shortest career?

Most severe spinal injury ever sustained?

What kind of history are we talking here?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Why can't she be a cop instead?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Guilty.
View Quote
As a motherfucker.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:02:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Obvious gender discussion aside...5'2"? As a quarterback? How fucking hard up is Hollywood Hills for players, where a 5'2" starting QB of either gender seems like the best option? 
View Quote
Low to the ground. The defense will never see the handoff.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Dangerous situation.

Even without a big hit. A couple or three, 250lb + muscle heads falling on that girl could break her spine or her neck.

Somebody that cares for her needs to step up and get her out while she is still healthy.

I got respect for her. Just don't want to see her get destroyed mentally and physically.
View Quote
Not gonna happen because of feels. Hopefully she doesn't spend her 20's wheel chair bound.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Oh crap!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's an example,

Oh crap!  

I believe the number of that particular truck was "5".
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:14:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Doesn't surprise me, the moms don't want their kid to play contact sports.

I am going to let my son play flag football until its time for 9th grade ball.

He is built like me, which I was built like my dad but I am bigger, if my son ends up being my height, and ends up liking football and work hard at it, he will get an offer to play college.
View Quote
Hell, I played football.  All conference DE.  

I did everything I could to discourage my son from playing football.  He never listened to me.  Hurt his leg badly.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:20:53 PM EDT
[#47]
A 5'2" female quarterback in high school?  

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Assuming she makes it, I give it 3 weeks before the amateur locker room bukakke video goes viral
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Found her hall of fame pic...

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Hopefully she'll get paralyzed. Then she can be an example to all those morons that want girls on the handegg field.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top