Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 10:28:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been working on my geneaology for a while.

Imagine how thrilled I was to find out Manson is a cousin of mine (fourth or so)

"Brother, I wouldn't have confessed that."
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#2]
As I understand it Manson sent others to do the 'killing', has it ever been proved that he ever killed anyone himself??? He is surely a Master Manipulator but is he really a killer. I've always wondered why there was such a 'mystique' over Manson; yes he was a 'psycho' but unless he blood his own hands he was just a  manipulating PUSSY....

Hell he wouldn't even rate in the top ten of serial killers of history. Just my humble opinion....

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

What about the upbringing of all the followers? What's their excuse?

Same excuse that Hitler's followers had.  Powerless people, suddenly infused with great power by a charismatic leader.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:01:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Couple of thoughts:

The Bible quote is mis-applied.  Jesus is saying that only we can defile ourselves.  defilement and bad behavior can be two different things.  A truly mentally impaired person may act poorly but cannot be held responsible for his actions (spiritually, regardless of legal view), thus cannot defile himself.  Or child or person with undeveloped conscience or knowledge may act poorly but not necessarily defile themselves.  A man is only defiled by that which he choses, knowing it to be evil.  I think Manson was fully conscience of his evil and defiles himself spiritually to this day through lies, denial, and lack of repentance for his past actions.

He may be a wimp for not having the stregth to do his evil acts himself, but he is no less formidable as a force for evil.  Stalin was a so-so henchmen when it came to doing his own killing, but was much more evil for what he could coerce others to do on his behalf.

Manson is a monster on all accounts.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:45:31 PM EDT
[#7]

"The Manson murders sounded the death knell for hippies

I guess there's a bright side to everything.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Couple of thoughts:

The Bible quote is mis-applied.  

No sir, I do not "mis-apply" Scripture.

Jesus went on to say:

17 And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable.

18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;

19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

20 And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.

21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:

23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

It is clear that Jesus is saying that we are defiled by our decisions to sin and do wrong.  It is not the "environment" that corrupts people, but their own heart.

Manson was not a "victim of his environment";  he is a rebellious sinner.

I still say you mis-apply the Bible quote.  Christ is talking about the difference of violating the eating laws of the Jews (defilement from without) versus the violations of God's love (from within).  Nothing a man eats can defile him compared to an evil thought or act he chooses.

He was not referring to sources of behavior.  He was not saying that all bad behavior comes from the heart of the acting man.  What I was pointing out is that bad behavior is not necessarily evil.  A man can act poorly but not be evil because he is ignorant or incapable mentally to be responsible.  

You are correct in that the Scripture passage does say that evil arises from within the heart of man (he chose to let it rise). If evil is the source of the bad action then yes, it came from within a man.  But, not all bad actions are from an evil source within that man.  For instance, a mentally incapacitated man could kill someone at the urging of a conscience bad person.  The evil did not arise from within the heart of the actor, but from the heart of the instigator who took advantage of the actor's limited mental ability.

At any rate, I believe Manson is fully responsible for his actions, and will say yet again, he is a monster.

If you had included the complete Bible passage it would read such:

Mark 7

1. Then came together unto him the Pharisees, and certain of the scribes, which came from Jerusalem.

2. And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say, with unwashen, hands, they found fault.

3. For the Pharisees, and all the Jews, except they wash their hands oft, eat not, holding the tradition of the elders.

4. And
    when they come from the market, except they wash, they eat not. And
    many other things there be, which they have received to hold, as the
    washing of cups, and pots, brasen vessels, and of tables.

5. Then
    the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples
    according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen
    hands?

6. He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias
    prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth
    me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

7. Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

8. For
    laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as
    the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

9. And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

10. For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:

11. But
    ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that
    is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he
    shall be free.

12. And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;

13. Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

14. And when he had called all the people unto him, he said unto them, Hearken unto me every one of you, and understand:

15. There
    is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him:
    but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the
    man.

16. If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

17. And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable.

18. And
    he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not
    perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it
    cannot defile him;

19. Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

20. And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.

21. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,

22. Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:

23. All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#9]
More Manson news:  Publicist: Charles Manson Sent Note to Phil Spector

Personally, I don't think Spector is any better than Manson.  

LOS ANGELES –– Convicted killer Phil Spector reportedly has a prison admirer, Charles Manson. The 68-year-old music producer's wife, Rachelle, says he received a note from the cult leader.

Spector's publicist Hal Lifson told KTLA that: "Phil Spector has been very, very alarmed and scared at the notion of Charles Manson contacting him for any reason."

"Phil mentioned that he used to get phone calls from John Lennon and Tina Turner and now it's Charles Manson calling, so he said, 'Go figure.'"

According to Rachelle Spector the note was delivered via a guard at California's Corcoran State Prison.

She said: "A guard brought Philip a note from Manson, who said he wanted him to come over. He said he considers Philip the greatest producer who ever lived. It was creepy. Philip didn't respond."

Spector is apparently concerned that Manson, a frustrated musician, wants to collaborate with the famed music producer for a little jailhouse rock.

Lifson tells KTLA that will never happen.

In the 1960s, Manson befriended the Beach Boys' Dennis Wilson and the group released a reworked version of his track "Cease To Exist as Never Learn Not To Love" in 1968.

And he has made several records while in prison.

Spector has just begun serving a 15 years to life for the murder of actress Lana Clarkson.

As for the note, prison officials tell KTLA that an internal investigation "showed that there was no evidence of official contact between the two inmates."

Corrections spokeswoman Terry Thornton did however confirm that a note was found.

But Thornton says the letter may have been a prank by another inmate.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spoiled, stupid kids brought up in the Do-Your-Own-Thing ethic that dominated in the 1960s.

That and people looking to find themselves, looking up to someone who could talk the talk, much like most cult leaders. Manson was one bat shit carzy mother fucker for sure, but he could talk some shit too.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Spoiled, stupid kids brought up in the Do-Your-Own-Thing ethic that dominated in the 1960s.

That and people looking to find themselves, looking up to someone who could talk the talk, much like most cult leaders. Manson was one bat shit carzy mother fucker for sure, but he could talk some shit too.

The Family was certainly manipulated, especially with help from abundant drugs.  BUT, I cannot believe any otherwise sentient human being can brutally murder another person without knowing it is wrong and they should not be doing that.

I could care less about their upbringing and such.  Many thousands of other people had similar circumstances and chose NOT to butcher innocents.  I have heard nothing about them to indicate such horrendous trauma that they were comatose zombies unable to know what they were doing.  They wanted to be used, they went along with evil incarnate, and they laughed at their victims.

I really, really wish that any member of a parole board that votes to release ANY prisoner, but especially the bat shit evil turds like this, are REQUIRED to rent a room in their own family home to the released reformed criminal for at least a year before they are released into society.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top