Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Hated my 350. Bought it the week they came out. Too cramped, don't think of driving it in as much as a dusting of snow, rear tower strut bar fucks carrying luggage, kind of underpowered without forced air. Was glad to see it go for the STI.
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hated my 350. Bought it the week they came out. Too cramped, don't think of driving it in as much as a dusting of snow, rear tower strut bar fucks carrying luggage, kind of underpowered without forced air. Was glad to see it go for the STI.
View Quote

I loved all the subaru's I've owned and even my forester now...but they seem too high and bulky to handle as well as something slightly smaller...no?  What's steering and handling like compared to the 350z?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 3:38:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The STI will spank it in every department.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I loved all the subaru's I've owned and even my forester now...but they seem too high and bulky to handle as well as something slightly smaller...no?  What's steering and handling like compared to the 350z?

Thanks

-Emt1581

The STI will spank it in every department.

Wow really?!?  I mean I have no experience with the STI but I wouldn't believe it from my experience with other less-sporty models.  

I live about a mile from the dealer...I suppose a test drive would help and wouldn't take too much time/effort.  Plus the Subaru's I've owned are super easy to work on...kinda like Lego cars.

EDIT:  Still the look if it seems more like a tricked out civic or sleeper and less of a classy sports car.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I had 2 350Zs (one S/C) and a 370Z. If I could do it all over again I would get an STi. I found the 370 to have even worse visibility and road noise for a marginal at best increase in performance. Brake issues abound, and I didnt like the fact that they skimped on the oil cooler, making it too easy to over heat and go into limp mode. IMO if you are set on a Z would be to try and find a nice Z with the HR motor in it which, also in my opinion, is the high point of the line.
View Quote

i had a built out custom 240z with a 280z motor, huge turbo and 3 inch exhaust pushing 20+psi. was ok

i have a 2003 WRX which i've had since new. i looked at the 370z seriously but it simple didnt do ti for me. it screams for a v8 or turbos. so i went and upgraded the WRX instead and couldnt be more pleased unless i was to step into a GTR.

the 3.7 in the 370 is just pushed about as much as it can be. there were (are?) problems with the engine oil overheating if pushed hard. you want more power (it needs it) you need to add turbos and it aint cheap.

ETA. you want 4 seats and you want it to handle.. this is what i did to my WRX. left it stock looking except for the turbo back exhaust. completely rebuilt the suspension using hard rubber (not the harder nylon) bushings, steering rack upgrade, frame stiffener in front quarter panel, STI aluminum a-arms, ground control adjustable shocks (height) set at stock ride height. evoIII 16 g turbo, larger injectors, larger topmount, catless up pipe. created two tunes myself for cobb accessport, one for e85 (cheap race gas) and one for high test. wheels and tires are stock size. on e85, 300 HP at the wheels and its well behaved.

STI is a better place to start such a project for a number o reasons though. this car MIGHT be replaced by a c7 vette in a year if that car doesnt hold any unpleasant surprises.

one thing i learned, find a car with a lot of aftermarket support and a turbo. upgrading a turbo car for more hp is fairly easy without having to open the motor up for a rebuild unless you want crazy horsepower and then you need to start upgrading everything else.

Link Posted: 8/25/2013 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

EDIT:  Still the look if it seems more like a tricked out civic or sleeper and less of a classy sports car.

Thanks

-Emt1581
View Quote

If by "sleeper" you mean "Every tard in a civic/prelude/BFRZS/mustang/eclipse/IROC/lowered S10 is gonna try his best to race me at every light" ...then...yeah.
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 3:52:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the G37
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If by "sleeper" you mean "Every tard in a civic/prelude/BFRZS/mustang/eclipse/IROC/lowered S10 is gonna try his best to race me at every light" ...then...yeah.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

-Emt1581

Nope.  I mean that they look like a standard sedan with a scoop and a spoiler...and about as aerodynamic as a shoe-box. Not nearly as bad as a Forester but no-where near a Z or 911...in the looks/curves dept.  

But again, I can't speak much for the STI specifically as I have no experience with them.  

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I had the 37 for a while and I can tell you that engine will surprise you and its a big difference from the 35. Depends on what you want, the 370 is more of a sports car and no the Nissan dont have the back seat like the Infiniti.
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like the G37
View Quote

Yup, that car has caught my eye.  It's one I'll continue to research and consider....even has the back seat!!

But again, I shared above what I wanted the car to do so I have to see if a G37 coupe will do that.  

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I had the 37 for a while and I can tell you that engine will surprise you and its a big difference from the 35. Depends on what you want, the 370 is more of a sports car and no the Nissan dont have the back seat like the Infiniti.
View Quote

More of a sports car in what way against the 37?  

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 4:00:50 PM EDT
[#13]
OP, if you are seriously interested in a 370z, don't take it from arfcom, go test drive one for yourself.

The 370z is a much different car than the 350z.

My sports car expertise is mostly in corvettes...and believe it or not...I've known people that have traded in their z06 for a 370z and were very happy with it. They didn't happen to need the excessive horsepower and cost of the vette, and were very pleased with the interior and handling of the 370z. (Just for the record, I would never make that trade.)

I would search out vehicle specific forums and get some more in depth research before making a decision. And go test drive one.
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
OP, if you are seriously interested in a 370z, don't take it from arfcom, go test drive one for yourself.

My sports car expertise is mostly in corvettes...and believe it or not...I've known people that have traded in their z06 for a 370z and were very happy with it. They didn't happen to need the excessive horsepower and cost of the vette, and were very pleased with the interior and handling of the 370z. (Just for the record, I would never make that trade.)

I would search out vehicle specific forums and get some more in depth research before making a decision. And go test drive one.
View Quote

Oh I could definitely go test one.  But again I'm not looking to actually buy anything for a year or two.  I just need something specific to set my sights on, learn about, and gain experience with so that when the time comes to actually buy one, I don't have to spend any time doing what I'm doing now.  I look for the best price, pay it, and have fun!

As for vehicle specific forums, I tend to shy away from them.  They are loaded with people who are pretty biased toward their specific make/model rather than people who are well-rounded with different makes.  

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 4:17:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This is Texas
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mine.
Boltons, big brakes, bigger A arms, Borla exhaust....still drives like its on rails.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b63/woofumus/Zcar/woof019.jpg

Where's your front plate?

This is Texas

Front plates are required?
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#16]
So given the things I said I was looking for...aside from the STI and G37...any other suggestions?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Im constantly looking for something new and fun to summer daily drive. A GTI or an M3 seem to always get to the top of peoples lists.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Im constantly looking for something new and fun to summer daily drive. A GTI or an M3 seem to always get to the top of peoples lists.
View Quote

I just did a quick google search and didn't really look at any specs on the cars.  

At face value...

My wife's Jetta GL was a great car but no way I could look at a VW and think...wow now that's a nice sports car!  The coupes look too much like a modernized Yugo.  I know there are TONS of aftermarket parts, engines, etc...but I just can't warm up to them as being a great looking sporty car.

The BMW looks nice, 4 seats, etc.  but I'm betting it'd be WELL over $30K-$40K unlike most of the others we've been discussing in this thread.

But I gotta do more research on the BMW.  

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:15:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Any sites that'll let me compare specs on whatever cars??  

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:21:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thanks

-Emt1581
View Quote

Edmonds
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Edmonds
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

-Emt1581

Edmonds

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1525410_Good_sites_for_comparing__sports__car_specs_.html

Like I said here, I just couldn't find that page on Edmunds that would let me do that.  

Maybe I'm just not seeing it.  Any links?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:47:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1525410_Good_sites_for_comparing__sports__car_specs_.html

Like I said here, I just couldn't find that page on Edmunds that would let me do that.  

Thanks

-Emt1581
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

-Emt1581

Edmonds

Thanks

-Emt1581

http://www.edmunds.com/car-comparisons/
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 11:05:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

See what I really would love is something compact but with 4 seats (2 seats is fine but 4 would mean my wife and son could ride along), 250-300hp, 0-60 in 6-8secs...basically something that would burn the vast majority of coupes and sedans.  And hell my stock  03 Sunfire used to do that...but the BMW's, Audi's, and some VW's used to cream me in both acceleration and top speed for a duration.  I also want to be able to do well at the track with handling and minimal under/over steering.  
View Quote

Have you looked at a Mazdaspeed3?  It fits all of the requirements you are looking for, including not breaking the bank.  They are an outgoing model right now and you can get it fully loaded out the door for about 22k or knock 2-3k more off of that if you don't want the tech package.  It has strong aftermarket support and plenty of room for mods.  Also, insurance considers it a normal Mazda 3 so you don't pay a premium for the performance.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Have you looked at a Mazdaspeed3?  It fits all of the requirements you are looking for, including not breaking the bank.  They are an outgoing model right now and you can get it fully loaded out the door for about 22k or knock 2-3k more off of that if you don't want the tech package.  It has strong aftermarket support and plenty of room for mods.  Also, insurance considers it a normal Mazda 3 so you don't pay a premium for the performance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See what I really would love is something compact but with 4 seats (2 seats is fine but 4 would mean my wife and son could ride along), 250-300hp, 0-60 in 6-8secs...basically something that would burn the vast majority of coupes and sedans.  And hell my stock  03 Sunfire used to do that...but the BMW's, Audi's, and some VW's used to cream me in both acceleration and top speed for a duration.  I also want to be able to do well at the track with handling and minimal under/over steering.  

Basically what I'm doing is making a list of cars to consider in my price range.  Then I'll compare them against each other in various areas and narrow them down to the best for me.

Thanks!

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

-Emt1581

Edmonds

Thanks

-Emt1581

http://www.edmunds.com/car-comparisons/

Thanks I'll take a look.

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#26]
My buddy took me for a ride in his turbo charged 350z today.  I haven't felt speed like that since I was in my dad's 911.  And it cornered great!  

I still like the look for the 370z better and I'm not sure I'd want to buy the 350z and then have to drop another $3K-$5K to turbo charge it.  But it sure was a fun ride!  

First gear was ok but as soon as he hit 2nd and then kept going up from there...WOW!  My face looks like this...

So I'll definitely check out a stock 350z and 370z.  

Right now the list is:

350Z
370Z
SS
GT 5.0... although the GT500 would be a great if I could afford the extra cost.  

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Ive heard the STIs are a bit of a maintenance nightmare.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ive heard the STIs are a bit of a maintenance nightmare.
View Quote

Perhaps if you mod the shit out of one and drive it like a kid.  My '06 has no mods and never any problems whatsoever, and of all the people I know who have them, they have been trouble free.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Honestly, after more digging, the Subaru's just don't do it for me.  

Don't get me wrong, I've owned a bunch of them and for a family car they are GREAT!!...but not what I want in a sport/muscle car.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Guys (like me) who drive GT-Rs laugh at guys who drive 350/370z.

When we get together we laugh at the drivers of pretty much every car though, but 350 drivers are especially criticized and considered to be very gay.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Oh I could definitely go test one.  But again I'm not looking to actually buy anything for a year or two.  I just need something specific to set my sights on, learn about, and gain experience with so that when the time comes to actually buy one, I don't have to spend any time doing what I'm doing now.  I look for the best price, pay it, and have fun!

As for vehicle specific forums, I tend to shy away from them.  They are loaded with people who are pretty biased toward their specific make/model rather than people who are well-rounded with different makes.  

Thanks

-Emt1581
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

-Emt1581

Then I suggest you visit the370z.com. you will not experience much bias therenatball considering most members there own mustangs and vets too. Its an awesome sight. I own a 370z nisma and I love it. Other than straight line power it is a much nicer car than the mustang and the vet IMHO. On top of that I break necks every where I go. I constantly get thumbs up from random people.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:40:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My buddy took me for a ride in his turbo charged 350z today.  I haven't felt speed like that since I was in my dad's 911.  And it cornered great!  

I still like the look for the 370z better and I'm not sure I'd want to buy the 350z and then have to drop another $3K-$5K to turbo charge it.  But it sure was a fun ride!  

First gear was ok but as soon as he hit 2nd and then kept going up from there...WOW!  My face looks like this...

So I'll definitely check out a stock 350z and 370z.  

Right now the list is:

350Z
370Z
SS
GT 5.0... although the GT500 would be a great if I could afford the extra cost.  

-Emt1581
View Quote

I looked at the 5.0 and gt500 hard, but I couldn't bring myself to buy a vehicle that you see at almost every corner..
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

When we get together we laugh at the drivers of pretty much every car though, but 350 drivers are especially criticized and considered to be very gay.
View Quote

Wow, really man? You have deep insecurity issues and surely don't deserve a GTR. Are you 5? I'm guessing you own firearms too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

So what you're saying is that you guys are a bunch of douches.  Got it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not really the same price point as what I've been looking at so far and what we've been talking about here.  And there's no way that I'd spend $100K on a car.  

But after some searching around, the GT-R does seem pretty badass.  In all honesty though, can anything beat it?  I watched some vids of it going up against Lambo's, Z06's, etc. and even they weren't keeping up.  Seems like the AWD is what gives it such an advantage.

So now ya got me curious....not interested...just curious.

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
All I can say is...

Is that the 370z looks far better in appearance from my perspective...and it has more horsepower than the 350. Barely enough horsepower to stay relevant I might add.

No, unfortunely the 370z does NOT have a backseat. That was the main reason I picked up a Camaro SS instead. My babyseat fits perfectly back there.

Nope that would be the 370. The tail lights & head lights are the easiest way to tell the difference.

370z
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/20-Wheels-Set-For-Nissan-370Z-350Z-G35-Coupe-Genesis-Avant-Garde-M368-Rims-Set-/00/s/NDIzWDYyMA==/$T2eC16dHJGkE9no8iO8iBQP+JTTghQ~~60_35.JPG

350z
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnj8C3S1psL9VQmKRCdG-hgQ-PEtsTPO1Jz46k71a7WMCd1ySd
View All Quotes
Quoted:
All I can say is...

Is that the 370z looks far better in appearance from my perspective...and it has more horsepower than the 350. Barely enough horsepower to stay relevant I might add.

No, unfortunely the 370z does NOT have a backseat. That was the main reason I picked up a Camaro SS instead. My babyseat fits perfectly back there.

All the 350z's I've seen the back slopes down and then sticks out about 10-12". I'm thinking maybe hers is the 370z.

Nope that would be the 370. The tail lights & head lights are the easiest way to tell the difference.

370z
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/20-Wheels-Set-For-Nissan-370Z-350Z-G35-Coupe-Genesis-Avant-Garde-M368-Rims-Set-/00/s/NDIzWDYyMA==/$T2eC16dHJGkE9no8iO8iBQP+JTTghQ~~60_35.JPG

350z
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnj8C3S1psL9VQmKRCdG-hgQ-PEtsTPO1Jz46k71a7WMCd1ySd

How funny, I had a 350Z NISMO and ditched it solely because of the kid\car seat situation for a 2010 2SS/RS. Interestingly, the NISMO owner's manual specifically says NOT to put a car seat in the front seat, the non NISMO edition has no such restriction. I thought it was interesting, anyway. The Camaro isn't as much fun to drive (though, it's decidedly faster) but I have an infant seat and a toddler booster in the back of my little "family car" and I obviously could never have pulled off a second kid in the Z, NISMO or not.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This is Texas
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mine.
Boltons, big brakes, bigger A arms, Borla exhaust....still drives like its on rails.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b63/woofumus/Zcar/woof019.jpg

Where's your front plate?

This is Texas

I put the fine money in my sock drawer when I bought my NISMO .... no fucking way I was putting a front license plate on that car. I liked the way it looked from the factory
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Not really the same price point as what I've been looking at so far and what we've been talking about here.  And there's no way that I'd spend $100K on a car.  

But after some searching around, the GT-R does seem pretty badass.  In all honesty though, can anything beat it?  I watched some vids of it going up against Lambo's, Z06's, etc. and even they weren't keeping up.  Seems like the AWD is what gives it such an advantage.

-Emt1581
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Emt1581

The GTR gets its edge from all the computers controlling everything.  It doesn't make an insane amount of power and is heavy as hell.. but the computers make it use every drop of power it has.  The computers are just set up better than most cars out there.

It's a great car.. but it's a shame the thing is ugly as hell..lol  If I was looking to spend that much on a car.. I'd buy something else.. knowing it would be a little slower.  I just think they are that ugly.

Some cars can beat it stock vs stock.. but its rare to find a GTR that hasn't been modified in some way.

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
]
The GTR gets its edge from all the computers controlling everything.  It doesn't make an insane amount of power and is heavy as hell.. but the computers make it use every drop of power it has.  The computers are just set up better than most cars out there.

It's a great car.. but it's a shame the thing is ugly as hell..lol  If I was looking to spend that much on a car.. I'd buy something else.. knowing it would be a little slower.  I just think they are that ugly.

Some cars can beat it stock vs stock.. but its rare to find a GTR that hasn't been modified in some way.

View Quote

Oh ok, so it's mostly the computers that are giving it it's edge.  What are the consequences of that?  I mean are the computers pushing the car too much?  Screwing up any parts?  In other words, what are the long term down-sides of the GT-R?

Otherwise it seems like every other brand needs to take a page from Nissan's book on this one.  

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:09:30 PM EDT
[#40]
my old 350z 2003 with a few bolt ons
window rattled all the time in it was the only real problem. It was a fun car.

my current car 2006 G35

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Oh ok, so it's mostly the computers that are giving it it's edge.  What are the consequences of that?  I mean are the computers pushing the car too much?  Screwing up any parts?  In other words, what are the long term down-sides of the GT-R?

Otherwise it seems like every other brand needs to take a page from Nissan's book on this one.  

Thanks

-Emt1581
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
]

Thanks

-Emt1581

There's a good reason the GT-R is unique in its dollar per horsepower category. Nissan builds it in a way that no other car on earth is made. They assemble the engine, by hand, in a hermetically sealed room so the parts won't change dimensions by expansion or contraction during assembly. The transmission is matched, by hand, to the engine. You're not going to get craftsmanship like that out of your $25K Chevy.

It really is kinda of the Unicorn of semi exotic cars.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

-Emt1581
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Emt1581

It has been confirmed that the Japs have installed witchcraft into it as a factory option. LOL

Quoted:
Quoted:
]

Oh ok, so it's mostly the computers that are giving it it's edge.  What are the consequences of that? I mean are the computers pushing the car too much?  Screwing up any parts?  In other words, what are the long term down-sides of the GT-R?

Thanks

-Emt1581

Many complain it just isnt as fun to drive since the car does most of the work for you. This has come from owners of the car. I dont own one nor have I driven one. I disagree that it is an ugly car, big, but not ugly.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Emt1581

Its the AWD ....with the help pf the computers  running the AWD..cars nowadays making 500-700hp straight off the showroom floor can't use all that power on 2 rear street tires...not even big steamrollers ...so the GTR gets around that by sending all that extra grunt to the front tires. Same way the AWD Porsche turbos do it.  So while the big motor RWDs are getting shut down by their nanny controls or fighting to hook up..The GTR gets off the line in a big hurry.  A lot of these cars would have reeled the GTR in if you give them a half mile or so
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:25:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Its the AWD ....with the help pf the computers  running the AWD..cars nowadays making 500-700hp straight off the showroom floor can't use all that power on 2 rear street tires...not even big steamrollers ...so the GTR gets around that by sending all that extra grunt to the front tires. Same way the AWD Porsche turbos do it.  So while the big motor RWDs are getting shut down by their nanny controls or fighting to hook up..The GTR gets off the line in a big hurry.  A lot of these cars would have reeled the GTR in if you give them a half mile or so
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Emt1581

Yeah, didn't mention the AWD because some other cars have it too, like the Lambos.  They just don't have the supercomputer voodoo going on controlling the AWD like the Nissan does.  The Lambo AWD is pretty "dumb" in comparison.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Nvr mind
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Thanks

-Emt1581
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
]

Thanks

-Emt1581

If it was all engineered properly it isn't going to be an issue.  But, like any other car, if you constantly beat the piss out of it, you're going to break parts.

There was a deal with the first year GTR where using the factory launch control voided the warranty on your transmission..lol  I think after the outrage people had over having their warranty voided for using a factory option Nissan ended up changing their mind about that.  Or maybe they beefed up the later transmissions.. dunno.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:33:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If it was all engineered properly it isn't going to be an issue.  But, like any other car, if you constantly beat the piss out of it, you're going to break parts.

There was a deal with the first year GTR where using the factory launch control voided the warranty on your transmission..lol  I think after the outrage people had over having their warranty voided for using a factory option Nissan ended up changing their mind about that.  Or maybe they beefed up the later transmissions.. dunno.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
]

Thanks

-Emt1581

If I remember correctly the transmission repair was close to $20K at the time. I'd bitch about that too!
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#48]
What kind of pickup trucks are you talking about anyways
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:54:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

What does that really mean though...the half-mile part?  In regard to true power, capability, etc...I've just never heard of any type of situation, on the road or on the track, where a half-mile was brought into the equation.  Maybe with people like Super Speeders on youtube where they go from one state to another and pretty much piss everyone else off that's on the road as well as racking up tons of tickets and being a danger...but other than that...where would a half-mile have any real bearing?

Don't get me wrong, like I said before, there really nothing that attracts me to that car.  But it's capability to beat anything else on the road is impressive.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:20:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What does that really mean though...the half-mile part?  In regard to true power, capability, etc...I've just never heard of any type of situation, on the road or on the track, where a half-mile was brought into the equation.  Maybe with people like Super Speeders on youtube where they go from one state to another and pretty much piss everyone else off that's on the road as well as racking up tons of tickets and being a danger...but other than that...where would a half-mile have any real bearing?

Don't get me wrong, like I said before, there really nothing that attracts me to that car.  But it's capability to beat anything else on the road is impressive.

Thanks

-Emt1581
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

-Emt1581

My point was to illustrate that while the GTR has it in spades when it comes to quickness that a lot of those exotics that it can beat in the short run are closing in on it on down the road..

I'm pretty much like you..seen 'em on the street and I rarely given them a second look, its pretty amazing what they can do ...but it does come at a cost.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top