Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Takes brass balls for Ford to announce a big profit with 0bama brooding his next dictatorial steps.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#2]
If ford becomes successful they will just be taxed into failure. Look at the U.k.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I always liked ford. My crown vic is built like a tank. Ten years, 140K later, only one major repair. My friends who own trucks own ford, and have had no issues. My dad's old S10 was in the shop all the time. Yet he bought a Colorado under cash for clunkers.

I am a Ford fan, my Grandfather worked for them so I am a little biased, but my 2000 F150 is awesome also. 130K+ miles on it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Running off to bring up my Scottrade account

Don't bother, unless you have a time machine.  By the time the news makes it to Arfcom (or the public) It is too damned late.   April was the time to buy.  

Ever feed fish at a hatchery?   It's like that.

Late Jan. was the time to buy.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't bother, unless you have a time machine.  By the time the news makes it to Arfcom (or the public) It is too damned late.   April was the time to buy.  

Actually 4Q last year was the time to buy, I got in at $1.72/share and I still have my stock. I will be in for a good pay day when I decide to sell.

Olycar15
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually 4Q last year was the time to buy, I got in at $1.72/share and I still have my stock. I will be in for a good pay day when I decide to sell.

Olycar15

well... True.
I wanted to see which way the wind was gona blow. I got in at $2.00 and still holding it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Olycar15

well... True.
I wanted to see which way the wind was gona blow. I got in at $2.00 and still holding it.

Nice buy, $2 was a good time to get in as well.

Olycar15
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#8]
http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200911031236DOWJONESDJONLINE000517_FORTUNE5.htm

Ford October US Light Vehicle Sales Grow 3.3% On '10 Demand

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

Ford Motor Co. (F) posted a 3.3% jump in October U.S. light-vehicle sales, rebounding after the prior month's clunker-related decline, on higher demand for the company's new 2010 models.

U.S. sales executive Ken Czubay said fuel-efficient products were driving Ford's recent string of market share gains. Ford reported its total market share was more than 15%, higher than a year ago and the first nine months of 2009. The company has gained retail market share in 12 months over the past 13.

October's growth marks the third time in four months Ford has increased sales.

A day earlier, the auto maker reported a third-quarter profit of almost $1 billion and said it would be "solidly profitable" in 2011 on cost cutting and a turnaround in its North American business. The back-to-back quarterly profit provides the first real evidence that Ford may have turned the financial corner.

But difficult challenges remain for the auto industry. Government-backed incentives, which sparked sales globally, are winding down. Meanwhile, the recession is slowing Ford's recovery in the U.S. while pushing sales to historic lows in Russia.

On Tuesday, Ford reported U.S. companywide light-vehicle sales were 136,583, compared with 132,248 a year earlier. The figure rose 20% sequentially. There were 28 selling days in October, one more than last year.

Ford, Lincoln and Mercury truck sales fell 1.1% while sport-utility vehicle sales continued to suffer, although the 5.8% decline was more modest than prior months. Cars saw 11% growth.

Last month, J.D. Power and Associates said it projected October would see the first single-digit decline for new-vehicle retail sales in the U.S. auto market, excluding cash-for-clunkers impacts, since May 2008. J.D. Power said while the year has been difficult, the crisis will lead to efficiency gains and ultimately result in creating a healthier industry.

Ford's shares fell 0.9% to $7.51 in recent trading. The stock has more than tripled this year and is just under its 52-week high of $8.86 from early August when the company reported higher July sales.

Other auto makers will report sales later Tuesday.

-By John Kell, Dow Jones Newswires; 212-416-2480; [email protected]

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#9]
My next truck will be a 2010 SVT Raptor with the new 6.2L  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top