User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My fridge is over 20 years old.
I really don't want to buy a newer one as I hear they don't last nearly as long.
However, I want ice and water in the door (current one doesn't have that feature).

What is the most trouble free brand?
View Quote

Subzero
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

GE appliances=Fail
View Quote
Beats the fuck out of Whirlpool.

I had a Whirlpool drop in range, dishwasher, and refrigerator fail within a month of each other, a year after installation, and they told me I could fuck myself.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This is what occurred.

I had really expected a little more from a $2000 refrigerator.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you leave the doors open all night?

I've lost power before and everything survived for a day or so without it running.
I was wondering the same thing.

Internal temp went to 55 in a few hours? Something's fucky... sounds like it was broken from the get-go.

If its anything like my GE profile, it would pump warm air into the fridge.  Fucking junk.  Never will buy GE's shit ass appliances again.  

This is what occurred.

I had really expected a little more from a $2000 refrigerator.  

I sold a couple a $2000 Kitchenaid French door a couple mounths back. Fucker never got down to temp right out of the box. We exchanged it for them of course. Seen several fridges come back same thing.
It's just a matter of they are making shit nowadays. (Washers are the worst.) The .gov stepped in and told the manufacturers to make things to meet certain efficiency guidelines(energy, water consumption, etc). So they had to spend R&D money to hit the new guidelines. They still had to meet a price point that they could sell product at so what do you think suffered? Quality of materials. Most appliances are shit right now. I tell all my customers to buy warranties because they are gonna need them. I've been selling appliances for ten years now. I've never been one to be pushy with warranties. Of course management wanted me to be. I see so many customers replacing things that are 3-5 years old its ridiculous.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
List of $400.00 in food lost overnight at 55 degrees ? Frozen food would still be frozen and beer and soda is still good, if it warms up a bit and can be made cold again. Unless it was a fridge full of fish I think the food is still good.

OH I figured it out, it was full of lobster tails.
View Quote

Also this.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Amen, GE appliances suck ass.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GE appliances=Fail
Amen, GE appliances suck ass.

Add , Whirlpool, Samsung, Kenmore to the list
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top