BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
It really sucks that an officer had to be killed but at the same time,

TPD spends more time chasing motorcycles on a sat night then they do in preventing crime.  If you dont believe that then explain to me why TPD will focus their air assets to chase a motorcycle along with 15 patrol cars for a speeding bike that did nothing wrong, yet they were unable to use a single aircraft to chase a shooter and cop killer.  

The fact that PCSD was unable to get to the neighborhood where the shooter was shooting at houses, and bumped into him 15 minutes later and 5 miles down the road is a complete failure.  The fact that he shot a deputy and was able to evade being followed for another 5 miles after that to accidently bump into TPD is a failure.  The fact that he killed an officer and got away again only to drive up Mt Lemmon Highway to shoot another sherrif and get away is a failure.  

This will win "CLUELESS POST OF THE YEAR", I bet.  

Anyone who is in the know will tell you that TPD air assets are called "fuel 1" for a reason.  They are down for fuel or repair more often than they are up.  This has little to do with usage, it is more luck of the draw when they are able to respond to just about anything important.

PCSD just bought their first helo, I don't think it has been delivered yet.  They will only have one pilot from what I know.

Homeland and DPS say they will assist, and then refuse to respond to high priority calls exactly like this one.

Don't try to Monday morning quarterback, you just can't hack it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's interesting, whenever a cop violates a citizens rights were the first to condemn them. But this thread shows that were also the first to mourn them when they go down in the line of duty.

prayers to the family

That's because we take it kinda personally when the people who are charged with protecting the innocent get hurt or killed, and we also take it kinda personally when someone abuses that position to violate our rights.

Very true.  Very well said.

Prayers for the officers and theri families.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Looks like a typical young arfcommer, WTF?

OK, you got me.  Bad taste.

We do post a lot of pics with young guys ( and plenty of old ones too ) with our guns and that same SE grin that the scumbag has on his myspace page.  

My point was that from the pictures I really couldn't have told that he was a wacko about to flip out.  I really hope that we all act responsibly with our guns.  This guy is going to make all of us look bad with his pictures of guns on his page.  I think the only way to counteract that is to show that there are good guys with guns, that we're not all about to freak out and kill some cops or something.  

-grommet
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:54:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#5]
The controversy is about staffing, not individual pay. They are at about 80% manned.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
7.62x39 or 5.45x39.  

Fixed it for you, based on looking at the photos.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Prayers outbound to the officers, and their loved ones
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like a typical young arfcommer, WTF?

OK, you got me.  Bad taste.

We do post a lot of pics with young guys ( and plenty of old ones too ) with our guns and that same SE grin that the scumbag has on his myspace page.  

My point was that from the pictures I really couldn't have told that he was a wacko about to flip out.  I really hope that we all act responsibly with our guns.  This guy is going to make all of us look bad with his pictures of guns on his page.  I think the only way to counteract that is to show that there are good guys with guns, that we're not all about to freak out and kill some cops or something.  

-grommet

Exceptionally poor taste.

I personally think that anyone who has a myspace page and posts pictures of them posing with guns on it is a retard, but that is irrelevant.

It was only a couple of years ago that (TPD) Officer Hardesty died, and now Officer Hite...

FWIW all TPD officers I've talked to have been great...
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#9]
POS coward
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Slightly off topic... Did anyone else think the guy in the blue shirt in the pic from the Daily Star article is printing? Looks like he's carrying.

Link to pic
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Slightly off topic... Did anyone else think the guy in the blue shirt in the pic from the Daily Star article is printing? Looks like he's carrying.

Link to pic

No.  I think he's just fat.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:22:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I am truly sorry for Officer Hite and his family and my prayers go out to them.

As for the critic posting here go wake up!!

Police officers do not get paid enough for the work they do, granted some do make more than others but that mainly depends on what the town is like that they live in. There are Departments out there that only pay their officers, maybe 23K a year!!!!!  Personally that is not enough for putting your life on the line every day, and the abuse they get from the public not to mention from armchair critics like you.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:24:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Ya but he's got something under his shirt...

If it's a gun, he's either wearing it high, or his shorts are riding up.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:36:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link to pic

No.  I think he's just fat.  

Fat, pot smoker, cop hater, likes guns. It will be interesting to see if GD just lost a poster.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:38:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Where do you get this shit.

5:1 gang vs TPD, that is fucking stupid dude.  

And he did not have two AKs, he had a Yugo SKS and RPK.  Get your facts straight.

Do you live in Tucson?  If you do, listen to the radio.  There is a police association group here that has stated that on their radio ads.  I take their word for it.  

Do you have facts that prove otherwise?  If so, state them.

As far as the make of the rifles, I edited my post.  I could be wrong.  Does it really matter that much?  

A good cop and veteran is dead, a 1 year old girl is fatherless, and you're throwing darts over crap like this?  I hope you feel better now.

-grommet

I live in Oro Valley, and I refuse to believe anything I hear on the radio especially when its a group that is trying to do everything in their power to get more wages for a group of cops.  

Tucson Police get paid equal to what 99% of the LEOs in AZ get except for Scottsdale which obivously has a lot more money to spare.  

5:1 is bullshit plain and simple.

I live in San Antonio. We have recently made it to #7 of the largest cities in the US. We have about 2000 uniformed police officers here. The population is well in excess of 1 million, and that isn't counting the illegals/undocumented.
I think that we easily have 10,000 hardcore, affiliate, and wanna-bee gang bangers in San Antonio, Street gangs, Mex mafia, you name it.
Yeah, 5 to 1 ain't nothing.

Oh, it's PAID, not "paided" or "payed". Sorry to be such a turd about your spelling, but you invited it when you came and crapped all over this thread with your comments about failure and pay scales when an officer has been killed.

pato

ETA: from a quick search---
"The definition of gang is: a group of people who form an alliance for a common purpose and engage in violent or criminal activity. Now some gangs have national ties, where there are also the local street gangs. As many have mentioned above there are gangs in the city influenced by the Crips and the Bloods, but especially the Surenos. Also there are the People and Folk Nations groups, and the various skinhead and other hate related gangs. Also included in gangs are taggers, and car clubs which engage in illegal activities. The SAPD currently lists 690 different gangs here in San Antonio. Police say there are at least 8,000 known gang members, not including the gang members police don't know about.

The number of gangs is much larger than the one or two mentioned above, and happens in all areas of the city, including the Northside, contrary to Lalana's belief. There was recently a drive-by shooting in the Stone Oak area, considered by many to be the bastion of WASP in the Northeast part of the city."

Yeah, EASILY 5 to 1.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Officer Hite served in the USAF and had 2 kids.

www.odmp.org/officer/19396-police-officer-erik-hite
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:52:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
If you guys have been following some of the news in Tucson, TPD is horribly under-funded and needs to hire more officers, however City Council put a hiring freeze on them and pulled back the budget.  We're spending $400 million on Rio-Boon-Doggle and something like $100-200 mil on BS social services, but TPD has a $5mil budget...

5 mil is a sad budget for a city of that size. I come from a 90 man department and our budget was 8 mil in 2006 I know its gone up since then.  And I know that 200k went to gas.

R.I.P brother and god be with his family.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top