Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:02:36 AM EDT
[#1]
The SO needs a shoe closet.

He's a little non-specific about gun control.  His waning interest in guns needs an explanation but it was just stuff to him and as he said, symbolized nothing.  Exhibits no understanding about the history behind the 2nd.  I would say he trusts and voted for Obama.....twice.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:03:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dont believe that was written by a guy into guns. Sound like made up BS from a "journalist"

View Quote

MY FIRST EXACT THOUGHT

When I read "Kalashnikov style rifles"

What "gun Nut" doesn't call them an AK?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#3]
1.  It's bullshit
2.  It's bullshit
3.  Author would rather have cock in his mouth than beef jerky
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
BY Chris Lane who also wrote:

5 TIRED ARGUMENTS RELIGIOUS PEOPLE SHOULD QUIT USING.  http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/5-arguments-religious-people-should-quit-using-7679474

3 THINGS THE KILLING OF CECIL THE LION BROUGHT TO OUR ATTENTION  http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/3-things-the-killing-of-cecil-the-lion-brought-to-our-attention-7645032

THE CONFEDERATE FLAG: HERITAGE OR HATE?  http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/the-confederate-flag-heritage-or-hate-7530581

5 WAYS SOME PEOPLE IRRITATE OTHERS ON FACEBOOK   http://www.houstonpress.com/arts/5-ways-some-people-irritate-others-on-facebook-7502266

etc..   (but I see nothing on H. Clinton's emails,  planned parenthood vids etc...)
View Quote

Yea I think it's a false story.

Someone needs to question his firearm ownership, what model what caliber etc. I bet it's proven his only knowledge of guns is what any kid has learned from tv or call of duty.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:03:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Chris Lane ?

fake
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:04:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#7]
This person's idea of a personal armory is probably 3 guns and 500 rounds of ammo.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:15:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I dont believe that was written by a guy into guns. Sound like made up BS from a "journalist"

View Quote

He's a fuckin journalist mobey. A gun enthusiast was he?! Lol, no he wasn't.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Well I'm sure that him having grown up around guns and owning such a huge collection that he surely would have no problems producing pictures of either his collection or him posing with guns from years ago.  I cant think of anyone who grew up around guns that doesnt have any pictures of them holding or shooting them as a youngster.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Beta bitch
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

ok.

poorly written article that really does not so what the title says. He never really mentioed what it was about these three reasons that made him change.

Meh BS article.

I give it 87 Fs
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
1. I'm a giant pussy
2. I'm a giant pussy
3. I'm a giant pussy
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
we have Crossdressers on Arfcom that are more Alpha.
let that sink in for a minute.
View Quote

Hell, eesmith is transitioning and he/she would rip this beta boy a new one.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well I'm sure that him having grown up around guns and owning such a huge collection that he surely would have no problems producing pictures of either his collection or him posing with guns from years ago.  I cant think of anyone who grew up around guns that doesnt have any pictures of them holding or shooting them as a youngster.
View Quote

I actually read the article.  I thought that was a pic of him holding the rifle.  

BTW:  this is the quality of article you get from the Houston Press.  It's a bunch of hipsters catering to other hipsters.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#15]
There's no middle ground on guns any more. You're either for them, or you're against them. Being against them means you're on the slope to total gun confiscation and disarmament.

This is part of a larger polarization of this country into opposiing "tribes."

The author of the article either doesn't get this, or he does -- perfectly well -- and has chosen to be part of the other "tribe."
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, bless his heart.....
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#17]
I bet he is very feminine and licks dicks in and around his mouth. What a dirty poo pusher the author is.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Dumbass
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#19]
The author should post pictures of his large collection.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My take as well  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My take as well  

propaganda machine hard at work...................
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Texans promised me that this faggotry couldn't happen in Texas.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Sean Penn?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#23]
What in the blue fuck does being gay or whatever have to do with supporting 2A? I have gay friends that are totally into guns and are staunch 2A supporters so my kindler, gentler suggestion is to knock it the fuck off with the gay baiting language.

We need ALL gun owners in our corner, period.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:22:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

The person that wrote that article (I'd say 'guy', but it's not obvious whether or not the author even was male) was a "gun nut" like I'm a rich and famous fashion designer.  Main point in contrast would be, 'he' probably likes dicks, a whole lot, and I... well, the only dick I'm fond of is my own.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By From the Article:
Rather than fighting over what the Second Amendment really mens,
View Quote

Even Sigmund Freud thinks the author is gay and dreams about "mens"
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what it always is. They're trying to provide authority or expertise to make their opinion matter, first thing you learn in communications 101, which was the only communications class I ever took. That's why you always hear the anti-gunner say, "I own a gun", "I hunt", "I used to target shoot with my dad", it's just moved on to, "I was a gun nut".

They weren't any of those things, ever. "I'm an expert and authority on this, so you should listen to me". Bull shit, gtfo, didn't work.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:36:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Typical Texas Gun owner

Just fuckin' with you guys ... continue.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
1. I'm a giant pussy
2. I'm a giant pussy
3. I'm a giant pussy
View Quote

Pretty much.  Dude from TX too.  I could get it if he was from IL.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Or an actual hoplophile who suffered neurological trauma.

Then at some point I just lost interest in having a bedroom that looked like an armory, .........................

So did my wife, so I rented a climate controlled storage room, got a job box and diversified my stuff. We've had two tornadoes come thru here in the last few years, now maybe I won't be wiped out.

And the next time my son in law comes up to shoot I gonna take him by and pick up some ammo.

The should be priceless.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:46:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

MY FIRST EXACT THOUGHT

What "gun Nut" doesn't call them an AK a trashcan gun?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MY FIRST EXACT THOUGHT

What "gun Nut" doesn't call them an AK a trashcan gun?

FIFY

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm just going to address this one...

*Snip*

View Quote

I'm keeping a hard copy. Can't get any clearer than this.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:54:31 PM EDT
[#32]
That article was written by someone with some serious mental problems.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm just going to address this one...

2. Many Gun Owners Believe That They're Powerless Without Their Guns.
View Quote

He then goes on to say how the conspiracy lunatics' fantasies are unrealistic.  That much is certainly true.

But he doesn't address his bullet point of being powerless without a gun.  And he really should have, because that's the only meat in this whole article.

He claims in the introduction that he still owns a few guns.  Okay.  Why is that?  Not to put words in anyone's mouth, but I'd suspect he either A) still likes shooting or B) realizes that guns are practical tools for which there's no other substitute when you're faced with a rare but life-endangering situation (or both).

<snip>
View Quote

C) He's totally full of shit.

I initially thought he was a 90s kid who played Call Of Duty and bought a few guns because he thought they would be cool based on his video game experiences. I read the article and I concluded that he's just a liar.

Then at some point I just lost interest in having a bedroom that looked like an armory, and I started to question why I owned so many weapons.
View Quote

Really?

Too often guns are shown to be totems of power, the only way to deal with a conflict, and as a symbol of masculinity. It's stupid. I personally began to feel less powerful whenever I carried a gun. Living in fear while going about my business just made me feel weak and paranoid.
View Quote

Did we watch the same movies? The ones I remember had people who used weapons to force others to bend to their will. These people were the bad guys. They were ultimately confronted by people who used weapons to make the bad guys stop. These people were the good guys. Considered as a "symbol of masculinity," it isn't. Triumph over superior forces is the symbol of masculinity. Perhaps Mr. Lane never saw Braveheart or The Highlander or The Lord Of The Rings, but I think he's just lying.

Just last week a TV journalist and cameraman were gunned down on film by another creep who decided to use a gun to vent his frustrations at the world. Just a couple of months ago a racist monster turned his gun on the parishioners of a historic African American church.
View Quote

Of course, the gay, black, Obama supporter is a creep and the white guy is a racist monster.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I wonder if he knows that there were far less killings in the so-called 'Wild West' than there are now in places like Chicago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Most of us don't live in the Wild West anymore, and prefer civilized life, so maybe it's time to look at the reality of gun violence in this country and try to do better.

I wonder if he knows that there were far less killings in the so-called 'Wild West' than there are now in places like Chicago.
Hell, that was the case at the time, too.  The "wild west" is a myth created by people like Ned Buntline as a setting for their shitty adventure novels and perpetuated by Hollywood.

And somebody should tell this guy that they had gun control back then, too.  It didn't work any better back then, either.  I'm surprised it's not more well known, since one of Wild Bill Hickok's most famous incidents was accidentally killing his own deputy while trying to enforce a gun control ordinance.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:41:51 PM EDT
[#35]
I have two thoughts, from a gun owner that just doesn't give a fuck anymore.

1).  I don't care who I scare or offend when exercising my rights.  You get scared when I walk down the street with a gun?  That's your problem.  People have been offended and scared for years for a number of reasons.  Gays marching down the street, black's organizing and protesting, etc.  Some people were disgusted and offended by these things, but society said "get over it" and those people had to toughen up.  You're disgusted by me carrying a rifle down the street?  Here's a righteous "Fuck you."

2).  I also don't care about the bodies in the streets argument.  You know what?  Freedom has a price.  We try to mitigate it as best we can, but no one ever said that you're completely risk-free of injury or death when you're in public.  It hurts to see so many die, but we don't give up rights because they do.  Freedom of speech and freedom of religion has killed millions, maybe billions more people in the past (not just in the US obviously) than any gun right ever has.  And we don't ban those things.  And when we do restrict them, they're subject to strict scrutiny analysis.  

Most importantly, none of those rights expressly states "shall not be infringed."  So really, I don't really care about all the deaths.  I sympathize, but I don't really care.  Rights for the masses are sacred; individual lives don't trump them IMO.  If you want true freedom, that comes with a price.  And considering the statistics about firearm deaths are skewed by suicides (which frankly, I again don't give a damn about...if you want to take your own life, so be it), I dismiss arguments based on them as well.

In summary, fuck you.  I don't care if you're offended, collective rights of the masses trump individual lives, and you had better come up with better talking points to get us to the table.  Ie, start by giving us stuff back, like national CCP reciprocity.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Fairy tale. The BS starts with "Once upon a time". Total fiction.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#37]
As a poster already pointed out, #3 is the essence of the whole thing.

"We're not really that free anyway. So what's the big deal about giving up more freedom?"

Mental weakling.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Its interesting how libs like this guy always structure their arguments assuming that they are more intelligent than the rest of us and then go into the premise that we are mentally defective for not agreeing with them.
View Quote

The reason behind this is if the person you start lecturing as if they were a child decides to disagree with you, you can then say, "well, I suppose they just were too uneducated" and not have to trifle with such concepts as you possibly being full of shit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#39]
People willingly submit to rules and limits on their personal freedom in countless ways;

Willingly? Has to be a Transmother for Gun Control.

------------------------------------------------

Best response from the replies that I've read so far:

Joseph Smith · Denver, Colorado

Author isn't black. His life doesn't matter.

He just hasn't figured that out yet... Let's all make a pledge to let Chris defend himself should the time come.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top