Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 7:13:09 AM EDT
[#1]
have a ruger cloan (they let the patent expire for a bit - it is an increadably well made clone with lots of improvements to the original), but do see the use of a revolver (especially for cheep subsonic ammo.  Guess a supressed ruger would do that too.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 7:50:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Top is a Ruger MKII with Gemtech integral
Bottom is a Ruger MKII with a screw on can.

I can shoot High Velocity ammo in the Gemtech with no crack. The screw on requires a subsonic load since it has a 5.5" barrel. Accuracy of both is better than an unmodified pistol. These are fun, however if you ever get a integral suppressed Ruger 77/22 or 10/22, it is all you will shoot. The rifles are quieter than a pellet gun. Accuracy of the bolt action 77/22 is about 1" at 100 yards. You need to aim up because it drops about 6" at that distance.

Screw on cans would be the best choice if going with one unit. You can have a nice bull barreled 10/22 threaded and it will sometimes make it more accurate. Have fun.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 7:59:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
have a ruger cloan (they let the patent expire for a bit - it is an increadably well made clone with lots of improvements to the original), but do see the use of a revolver (especially for cheep subsonic ammo.  Guess a supressed ruger would do that too.

For those thinking about a revolver, I see no need. As long as you keep an auto in good service, you should not have any problems. Keep it clean.

I bought a bull barreled stainless MkII from a guy at a gunshow one time. $220 and it looked new. Got it home and it jammed. The guy knew it too by the look on his face when we exchanged. I got to looking and the ejector was bent causing drag on the bolt. I bent it to the same shape as my other MkII and it went to shooting. Never jammed again.

The Integral ruger in my post above has had over 800 rounds through it with no malfunctions. I dread cleaning it when I get to it. Carbon makes it hard to twist the can from the reciever.

Be sure to get a dealer that knows how to do the paperwork on NFA items. One mistake could make the transfer time double.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:34:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a s&w 422 that I messed up by knocking out 1 of the pins near the hammer, trigger, mag catch area. Ordered a manual and im hoping it goes in detail on how to field strip, not just take off the slide. Anyone on ar15.com out there that can help?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:45:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I voted Buckmark...handled but never shot the MkII.  Safety placement boggles my mind and I didn't find the ergonomics of the grip all that pleasing.  I loved shooting the only Buckmark (plain camper's model)  I ever layed mitts on.  Supressor-wise I'd pick a can, and whichever one let me switch between the most guns, at least for starters.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:47:02 AM EDT
[#6]

I challenge anyone in here to find a more reliable/more beautifull/quieter/well respected/proven silenced .22 pistol.

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:48:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I personally like the Walther P22....but then again, that's the only 22 pistol I have....so I guess I can't even talk huh?  
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:35:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm not gonna knock any choice.  I LIKE .22s.  

I voted MII cause that is the one I have and I am very pleased with it.  Shoot good groups and is vewy vewy quiet.  

I also have a S&W 41 but I shoot it rarely as it is ammo sensitive and I don't have it suppressed.  And, well, I like the Ruger. BTW - I hate IAMLEGEND.  I am trying to control spending and you show me THAT beautiful Phoenix?  All I can do to control myself.

Here is my Ruger:

img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-5/1007615/DSC00934_1.jpg

LMAO!

I'm sorry, man...you know what they say; misery enjoys company.  I don't own one yet and I KNOW I shouldn't spend the money on one right now but I want it so bad.  I have the AAC booklet I flip through to torture myself.  I'm going to break eventually.

It's good to know I have company

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

can i get some more info on the ruger clone??? i've never heard of this before!
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:53:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Browning Buck mark
Sig Trailside
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top