Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 5:57:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Update in OP.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

UPDATE:  Raged at work all day and determined that the Focus had to go.  Did some online shopping, found a reputable dealer, engaged USAA and drove off the lot with a 2014 Focus Titanium in the same color as my Focus.  This car is amazing.  Air conditioned seats, heated steering wheel, adaptive cruise control, remote start, yadda yadda.  I'm actually looking forward to my commute tomorrow!

View Quote

So the first one is a fuckup but you buy another.

Jesus christ.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Update in OP.
View Quote

How badly did you get raped?
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 6:04:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update in OP.

A gentle loving.  USAA car buying service is pretty sweet.  In and out in less than two hours.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 6:05:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Fusions look cool, but I'm more of a buy a used lexus and drive it for ten years kind of guy. Hope it works out for you!
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Jesus christ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

UPDATE:  Raged at work all day and determined that the Focus had to go.  Did some online shopping, found a reputable dealer, engaged USAA and drove off the lot with a 2014 Focus Titanium in the same color as my Focus.  This car is amazing.  Air conditioned seats, heated steering wheel, adaptive cruise control, remote start, yadda yadda.  I'm actually looking forward to my commute tomorrow!

Jesus christ.

And you have a pleasant good evening, too.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fusions look cool, but I'm more of a buy a used lexus and drive it for ten years kind of guy. Hope it works out for you!
View Quote

The clock is ticking.  The first 20 miles went well!
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 6:06:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

A gentle loving.  USAA car buying service is pretty sweet.  In and out in less than two hours.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update in OP.

I assume you got hosed on your trade, yeah?
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Came here to post basically the same thing about the clutches. We have done several here where I work and a couple of the seals as well and the clutch replacement has fixed the issue every time. Talk to your dealer and explain the situation. If you have a ford extended warranty it should cover it. If you are a loyal customer, they may even cover you $100 deductible. When those cars are right they are great cars that get good mpg. Unfortunately the dual clutch thing is causing a problem. Or I have a 13 ST still on my lot that I'll cut you an awesome deal on.....
View Quote

clutch replacement didn't fix my issue.  i'll be trading the thing for a veloster or genesis coupe pretty soon.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update in OP.

Ahhh.  That raping  

Yeah, that was some rough sex with minimal lube.  KBB had the trade at $13.1, they offered $12 and we split the difference.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#12]
So did you buy a fusion or focus?
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 6:12:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So did you buy a fusion or focus?
View Quote

The title tells the story...

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus christ.

Oh, I shall, I don't own a Ford Focus and call myself a male.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 2:58:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus christ.

Just caught my error...I bought a FUSION, not another Focus.  Had it right in the title.  I blame the high I get from new car smell.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 3:15:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Congrats!  The Fusion is a nice car, I rented a base model once and was impressed.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 3:58:05 AM EDT
[#17]
My 2014 Focus Titanium does this clutch stalling thing too. Got the clutch replaced about 2 months ago because I took it in for the stuttering and stalling feeling and they told me the seal was leaking and it was soaking the clutch in tranny fluid. That didn't even fix it. I am beyond pissed with my purchase of it. I have had it for almost a year and I hate it.  Not much I can do as I am sure ill be so far upside down it will we a raping to get out of it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 4:14:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My 2014 Focus Titanium does this clutch stalling thing too. Got the clutch replaced about 2 months ago because I took it in for the stuttering and stalling feeling and they told me the seal was leaking and it was soaking the clutch in tranny fluid. That didn't even fix it. I am beyond pissed with my purchase of it. I have had it for almost a year and I hate it.  Not much I can do as I am sure ill be so far upside down it will we a raping to get out of it.
View Quote

YOWZA!  Negative waves!

Maybe join a Fusion forum that has a Ford service rep moderator?  I've seen that approach pay benefits.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a 14 focus titanium and I like it well enough.  The transmission thing can be annoying but as long as you are deliberate in your application of throttle it doesn't hiccup.  I wouldn't want to do any kind of stop and go up a hill that would be hell.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:16:05 AM EDT
[#21]
VW had some big problems with their early DCT as well, but I guess they eventually worked it out. Hopefully Ford doesn't get gunshy, these things have potential. I love my DSG.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:20:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Problem solved?

Problem delayed.

You bought a Ford again. Prepare your wallet anus for more Hecho En Mexico electrical wiring & sensor problems.
View Quote

No shit. I love when people hate a car then buy the same shit again.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:38:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Just caught my error...I bought a FUSION, not another Focus.  Had it right in the title.  I blame the high I get from new car smell.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus christ.

Oh, well, that's a horse of a different color.

Nice job then.

Pics.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#24]
That's some hardcore brand loyalty to stick with Ford after all that.

How's the new Sync, still shitty?

I have a 2010 Fusion, it remains the greatest annoyance in the car.  I had heard (from GD) it was even worse now, and the volume knob was no longer a knob.  Is that true?

Link Posted: 6/20/2014 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bought the ST so I don't have any of those problems, and quite honestly I plan on only buying manual transmissions for as long as I can.  
Its been a year since I bought it and still love getting in and driving it every day.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 9:09:56 AM EDT
[#26]
I bought the Focus Electric last year. No problems so far, smooth ride and no vibrations.

Once the range on electrics get improved I might get rid of my ICE backup car all together.

FYI- the software on myford touch sucks
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#27]
My wife and I have a 2004 Audi A4 convertible with the switchable automatic transmission.

Yeah, never again.

I'm probably going to have this POS trans ripped out and a manual transplanted in it...  simply because we love having a convertible on nice days.

I feel your pain.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have a 14 focus titanium and I like it well enough.  The transmission thing can be annoying but as long as you are deliberate in your application of throttle it doesn't hiccup.  I wouldn't want to do any kind of stop and go up a hill that would be hell.
View Quote

Northern Virginia traffic is very much "stop and go".  Over three years it just drove me fucking crazy.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top