Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 9:18:18 AM EDT
[#1]
So, now all of a sudden weapons confiscations are in the news.  It wouldn't have anything to do with the ATF memo pleading for good news to drown out the gun runner fiasco.

I'm not sure how a board dealing with AR-15's (and the civilian ownership thereof) would like to see events that will give footing to any legislative agenda that seeks to ban said rifles.  I hope they catch every straw purchased rifle and punish those responsible.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
This is topic arfcom wants to keep its head in the sand over.

does your douchebaggery ever cease?  No one says this shit doesn't happen. The point is OUR rights and ability to purchase should in no way be altered due to the action of fucking CRIMINALS, nor by the policies of authoritarian sacks of shit in the ATF, DOJ, Administration etc., who choose to inflame a crisis so they can use it as a proximate excuse to do so.

Who are you, again?

Where did I ever say anything at all about altering our rights? Cam nailed this topic last night on his XM show, btw, if you missed it.

You were fairly ambiguous about exactly what you meant with the "head in the sand" comment. Why not just come out and say what you mean.  

By invoking "arfcom" you just painted everyone here with one broad brush stroke. That is generally not a good idea unless you can back up what you are saying with some evidence.

I see none of that.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 9:24:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Investigators said the Reynosa man had six AR-15 style weapons, five AK-47 style weapons and another kind of assault rifles.

"We aren't sure what it is but we know it's bad."

Well to be fair it was in stealth mode.

Don't bring Mark into this
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Almost an everyday happening in the Valley. Just like the apprehension of pot coming across the Rio Grande.
The locals are not happy with the amounts of organized crime in their area. Strangely enough, the amount of weapons found going into Juarez from El Paso is very low.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#5]
In other news.......shitbags break laws to make money....now, back to you Carol.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 12:01:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've always wondered about this.  We have a massive moral outrage at the seizure of thirteen rifles at the border?  Thirteen isn't very many.  And they didn't even have enough magazines for a full load-out.  This is just a tiny drop in a very large stagnant cesspool.  If I were an aspiring mega drug lord I'd be buying my weapons in a bit more bulk than having to pay Jose $200 to sneak some AR's across the border.  Thirteen is inconsequential.  It's like "major" drug busts in the news that net a quarter pound of weed and $1,000 "taking a dangerous dealer off the street".  That's nothing, not even a day's inventory for your basic street corner hustler.  As usual, we're being lied to.

Really,you're an aspiring drug lord: who are you gonna call to get this An-124 of  AK's  flown in? You know sombody?  Nope,but you know Julio and Juan in Texas and your know Juan's sister could use a couple hundred extra bucks and she's got another friend. Pretty soon you've got enough guns for 2 dozen of your cronies...and the local police deparment only had 4 guys with .38's...Your inconsequential amount of guns has just made you the baddest guy in town,congrats!

Hate to tell you boss but if the border is porous enough for millions of illegals to cross,billions of dollars in drugs to be brought over oh fuck yes it makes economic sense to have them bring guns south while the drugs go north. It makes no sense at all to NOT use the same rat lines and yes,it's a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to buy ARs and AKs than it is to get these mythical containers of guns. The machine guns and RPGs that are coming in from Honduras,El Salvador and Colombia are coming in the exact same way guns from the US are.

It ain't like drugs are smuggled into the US in enormous bulk either. As for what is "worth it" - ask the Americans who get caught with $-20-50k of coke stuffed in their bumper or spare tire if it's worth it.The answer is obviously at the time "yes". You have enough leaks that are just a steady drip and eventually you're talking about real volume.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That must have been one big gas tank.

Seriously...

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 12:10:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Impossible... every single gun in Mexico comes from China, South America and the Mexican Army.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Ban Gas Tanks...it's for the children.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Edit
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 6:30:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

why don't the cops stop the flow of stuff across the border

Better yet, just make Mexican compliant guns - you know, no bayonet lugs, bullet buttons, and no hi-cap "clips".

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Could be another ATF sting border crossing for all you know.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been assured repeatedly that the Cartels guns do not come from the United States. ATF must have planted those guns in his gas tank.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Close the ATF loophole!

This will certainly help.

Also, tell the Messican army not to let its soldiers desert with their weapons.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#15]
If they are assault rifles, I assume they are full auto, correct?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Obviously this was a catastrophic gas tank accident and the gasoline simply dissolved the numbers from the weapons,,,
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:06:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

No one wants to believe that guns are going south.

The fact is, they are.

It's not popular here, but not a lot of facts are.

So I should welcome more restriction on my right because Mexico has laws preventing buying guns there?? Close the border and patrol it better punish law breaker with more severe sentences.. Don't punish me for laws that I don't break..
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:08:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Gonna take a lot of Seafoam to get that much debris out of the gas tank
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

The fact is, they are.

So I should welcome more restriction on my right because Mexico has laws preventing buying guns there??

Nope.

But we shouldnt lie and claim they are not getting a large percentage of their firearms from American manufacturers or American sellers.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
13 rifles in a gas tank? He was just trying to get the cosmoline off.

Well Played.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

The fact is, they are.

So I should welcome more restriction on my right because Mexico has laws preventing buying guns there??

Nope.

But we shouldnt lie and claim they are not getting a large percentage of their firearms from American manufacturers or American sellers.

You know full well when the media show RPG. PMK and 40mm 203s along with cases of hand grenades and talks about the iron river they are the ones being dishonest.. Do gun from here in up in Mexico? YES!! do semi auto AKs and AR15 end up there YES!!  If that was what they showed then maybe we would be less jaded.. Don't piss down our backs and tell us it's raining..
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:31:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Time out.

How the frack did the border patrol find the guns in the fuel tank?  Tip?  Car broke down at the border?   Fuel tank fell off spilling guns everywhere?   Guy turned himself in?

What deos the border have that can detect guns in tanks? But not drugs?  Or Illeagal aliens?
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:33:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Nah, I think most of us just don't give a shit. We've got far bigger problems here.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top