Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:11:25 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
www.wftv.com/news/4811007/detail.html

Mom Threatens To Blow Up Courthouse After Daughter's Sentencing

POSTED: 4:32 pm EDT August 4, 2005
UPDATED: 5:25 pm EDT August 4, 2005

BARTOW, Fla. -- The mother of a young 12-year-old car thief stormed out of a Polk County courtroom Thursday. She threatened to blow the place up out of anger over the 10-year sentence that was just handed to her daughter.

"This is a very serious, serious event," said Judge Charles B. Curry.

Curry sentenced 12-year-old Dekyra Bush to a total of 10 years in state custody for taking a joyride in a car back in June and then hitting two Polk County sheriff's cruisers before deputies fired a total of nine shots into the car to stop her.

As she was being led away by bailiffs, Dekyra's mother burst out of the courtroom. The judge had Sharon Bush brought back before him, but didn't find her in contempt. She could of spent up to six months in jail, but instead once again left the courtroom without her daughter.

The woman, who weeks ago railed against the system that exonerated deputies for firing on her kid, now had another cause to complaint about.

"I'm gonna blow this #@%$ up," Bush said. "That's how upset I am."

Also during sentencing, the judge said what the 12-year-old did was not just a delinquent act, but implied she had endangered the public.

I think my wife, an English major and editor, needs to apply for a job at this place - damn, that is some HORRIBLE writing - it is almost criminal.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:12:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm sorry, I don't agree with putting a 12 yr old in jail for 10 years.  It's just not right.

PS - I'm no libe either.  Read some of my other posts.

2 Cts Attempted 2nd Degree Homicide
2 Ct Aggravated Battery to LEO
1 Ct Felony Mischief
1 Ct Grand Theft Auto
1 Ct Fleeing to Elude
1 Ct Driving W/O a License

She had her 6 year old brother along during the crime spree.

What would be the apropriate sentnce?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:12:16 AM EDT
[#3]
"Mom should spend a few years in jail for horrible name choices as  well. "  - LaKwishinka Jones.

Yes, its an actual quote that I made up.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:17:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Girl got what she deserved

The mother should have been jailed too
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:23:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What did the father baby daddy have to say about any of this?

No mention of him anywhere.

Fixed it for you.  

Now that's some funny shit right there.  I don't  care who you are, that right there is funny.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:23:43 AM EDT
[#6]
To the Polk County FL deputies: Practice, practice, practice!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:23:49 AM EDT
[#7]
If the wench acted like a parent this wouldn't have happened. If she tried to be a parent in the aftermath her fucking brat might not have gotten 10 years. 10 years does seem extreme for a 12 year old but i am all out of give a fuck with these people. Eat shit and die.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:26:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm sorry, I don't agree with putting a 12 yr old in jail for 10 years.  It's just not right.

+1. A summer long Teen brat boot camp ought to do the trick.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:38:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Oh no?
watch a movie called "sleepers" and tell me what a real jail.

The movie Sleepers was based on a book of the same name. I read it and knew it was made up before it came out that it was complete fiction. Not at all a true story or based on a true story even though the author tried to pass it off as such. Never happened and the people didn't exist. The worst thing an author can do. It's unbelievable that the guy is still writing books and getting them published.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:41:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Having served as Guardian Ad Litem in the FL JUV court system, I can tell you this mother must have shown no responsibility or remorse in the pre-hearing phases of this matter.

Florida Dept of Juvenile Justice historically are very willing to work with parents if they TAKE OWNERSHIP of thier childs actions, rather than removing a child from the home.

I would bet she clearly demonstrated her inability to parent and probably was antagonistic against the system.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:47:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Bravo for the sentence. Street-smart kids know that they can pull stuff like she did and there will be no consequences. Also, mom should have been placed in the slammer for her terroristic threats.

Split the sentence between the mom and daughter. BOTH deserve jail time.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:50:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Negligent parenting.

One of the main characteristics of today's society.

You got it!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah Pookie, burn that muthafuker down!  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:22:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Ten years does seema bit excessive... There are adults who have been convicted of doing worse, and get less time.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Curry sentenced 12-year-old Dekyra Bush to a total of 10 years in state custody for taking a joyride in a car back in June and then hitting two Polk County sheriff's cruisers before deputies fired a total of nine shots into the car to stop her.

That explains about everything.

My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That explains about everything.

+1 There it is
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The mother should have been jailed for making the threats.

If the little girl was trying deliberately to run over the officers then she got what she deserved , 12 years old or not.
If she just couldn't handle the car *more likely* then she got screwed, ten fucking years for being a stupid 12 year old?

She definately did NOT get what she deserved.  The officers MISSED for crying out loud!!!  

"Remedial firearms training on aisle 9."

AMEN.  At 12 years old she's already too far gone.  There's no remedy for little pieces of shit like that; they should have just killed her.

ETA: Or like the guy above said -- boot camp.  That seems like it could work out.  As for the mother, she should be shot for opening her legs.  There needs to be a serious reconsideration of what is "cruel and unusual" in this country.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:39:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I agree..let her back out on the street, let her get into her obvious path of life choices early! She can get started on the prostitution gig, then addiction to crack and of course have about 3 children from 3 different fathers out of wedlock..then the finale will be to get her asdf funding from the government and she'll spend the rest of her days on the tits of the tax payers. Yepper...she is our responsibility now!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:45:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top