[#1]
this chase for the cup bull shit is garbage
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:18:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
110 people were laid off at DEI Wednesday.(11-12-2008)

That makes it around 2000 layoffs so far in and around the N.C. scene, it is very widespread. Those grandiose shops aren't looking so cool now...

It's all a result of the poor economy and sponsorship money drying-up.

Although that is part of it. I'd say much blame lies with Helton and his ilk.

All the faggoty rules and metrosexual drivers have made the sport into nothing but glorified WWF with a dash of chip and dales in many of the oldtimers eyes.

I don't even watch anymore.

Truth.  I go to a couple local dirt tracks now.  Havent watched a Nascar race in 5 or 6 years.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
omg - less people employed behind driving cars in a circle???

yeah real cute, people losing their livlihoods is all fun and games.  Thank God for my line of work, you morons will never quit hurting yourselves, so I'm set for anything.

In reality the sports fields are just games. If they are there or not how important is it to the average Joe? The plumber, electrician, even the hamburger flipper has more impact and relevance to Joe Citizen.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to love NASCAR but NASCAR killed the sport.   I would like to see drivers get a car off the showroom floor, bolt in a rollcage, put race tires on it, disable the airbag and duke it out.   Real stock cars to make the manufacturers make real cars again.   Win on Sunday, sell on Monday.  What a concept.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Teresa ran it into the ground.
I drove her around in a shuttle van two weeks ago.
Did you happen to bring her to our shop in Concord ?
No, I drove her around High Point during the Furniture Market.

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They need to let the cigarette companies sponsor cars again.

IIRC they had to drop cigs because of government mandates regarding television advertising.

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 6:27:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The Ganassi facility is well suited for a multi-car team... and is right next to the Concord Airport.

Isn't NASCAR's R&D center across the street? Just wondering.  My best friend works in the R&D center and had been looking for a move to one of the teams.  I need to check in with him to see what's going on.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Ganassi facility is well suited for a multi-car team... and is right next to the Concord Airport.

Yep, Chip doesn't have to walk more than a few feet to his office...

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 7:05:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The business hit a wall financially.

As does most of their cars regularly.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

A long time Roush fan agrees wholeheartedly
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 1:48:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't NASCAR's R&D center across the street? Just wondering.  My best friend works in the R&D center and had been looking for a move to one of the teams.  I need to check in with him to see what's going on.

It's about a half mile up the road...  almost directly across the street from the airport entrance.

Link Posted: 11/14/2008 1:55:38 AM EDT
[#12]
NASCAR is pointless.  They are not even stock cars anymore and serve zero purpose.
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 1:56:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I used to love NASCAR but NASCAR killed the sport.   I would like to see drivers get a car off the showroom floor, bolt in a rollcage, put race tires on it, disable the airbag and duke it out.   Real stock cars to make the manufacturers make real cars again.   Win on Sunday, sell on Monday.  What a concept.

I agree...   The sport has drifted WAY too far from the original concept.

Take a factory production car, put a rollcage in it, soup-up the motor and hit the racetrack...  Now, they are all pure fabricated racecar from the ground up. Zero OEM parts on the cars...  and they all look too much alike.

Funny thing is...  I ran into a VERY high up Nascar guy(near the top) a few months ago in a local watering hole...  and expressed my honest opinion about the sport. He agreed with everything I said.

I even told him they should change the qualifying procedure to a dragrace shootout, instead of timed laps around the track... he liked the idea.

Honestly, I think "behind the scenes", NASCAR really wants to change things for the better...  they just don't know what to do...
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 2:10:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Ya kinda need good drivers to win a championship.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Say hi to Hoss for me.

Steve - TCGR '95 - '04

Just had lunch with him today.

He had some stories to tell abt driving the hauler.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 1:18:14 PM EDT
[#16]
As long as NASCAR is generating a positive cash flow things will not change.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
As long as NASCAR is generating a positive cash flow things will not change.

we'll see how long that lasts. NASCAR (in this iteration) is over, they just haven't died yet.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yup, fuck that. Too many bullshit rules, the same car for everybody is bullshit too. In fact, fuck them. Richard Petty is probably not amused, and neither am I. And I'm only 27.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Dale Earnhardt is legendary name.  Because of this, they can't be allowed to fail.  We must bale them out.

Blank check!  Call Henry Paulson! This sucker's goin' down without a plan!
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I drove her around in a shuttle van two weeks ago.
Did you happen to bring her to our shop in Concord ?
No, I drove her around High Point during the Furniture Market.

Nice.  A little shopping spree right before laying off 100+ people who will now have to scrap to put food on their tables?..  

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Dale Sr. would be rolling over in his grave and wanting to kick Teresa's ass and Siegel's ass too!!  he set that place up for the kids and her and max have ran it into the ground...  see what happens when you marry grandstand trash??  RIP 7 time champ!!
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
NASCAR needs Danica!

That is all...

<edit. Bama>

No.......NA$CAR has enough whiney bitching drama queens as it is.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Say hi to Hoss for me.

Steve - TCGR '95 - '04

Just had lunch with him today.

He had some stories to tell abt driving the hauler.

Lunch? That should have brought up stories of the Double Double eating competitions....

Hoss is a good man, everyone who has worked with him always has good things to say.
Except parking the truck at Laguna Seca........
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:50:50 AM EDT
[#24]
There can`t be a DEI without a 'E'...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top