Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:42:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Do not forget that entertainers and media personalities aren't where they are because they had degrees in political science or rocket science.  

Mathers makes his money selling an anti-authority image.  Even though he acts like he's anti-corporate and anti-MTV, that's where his fame and fortune are coming from.  He's not an idiot.  He puts on an act that appeals to a group of hardcore fans, yet is "pop" enough to get mainstream radio play.  If Kerry was president, he'd probably be "dissing" him as well.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Do not forget that entertainers and media personalities aren't where they are because they had degrees in political science or rocket science.  

Mathers makes his money selling an anti-authority image.  Even though he acts like he's anti-corporate and anti-MTV, that's where his fame and fortune are coming from.  He's not an idiot.  He puts on an act that appeals to a group of hardcore fans, yet is "pop" enough to get mainstream radio play.  If Kerry was president, he'd probably be "dissing" him as well.

I don't know, Kerry is so slippery it's hard to pin him down on a position to attack him on.  He's always on Your Side(tm), with Your being whoever is the loudest whiner on any given day.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]
To those in this thread who have commented that they have more talent than Eminem - how come you are not using those talents to earn the megabucks that he does?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:58:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you guys seen the video?  Why does every one like Bush here so much?  He's just as much apart of the "plan" as Kerry is.  

The video is correct, it's just stupid because it doesn't show the faults and undesputed connections to Kerry.  Vote Rep, Vote Dem.....IT DOESN"T MATTER!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw the video - and yes Marshall Mathers is just as much of a loser as Kerry.......both are somebody now only because the media helped create them. Both would be lucky to last 24 hours in rural America.  God forbid they get lost in the woods. Eminem is just  part of the false anti-authority movement from Hollywood that is used to dupe teenagers to believe they are somehow "fighting the system" - not knowing that they and their warped ideas are the problem.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
To those in this thread who have commented that they have more talent than Eminem - how come you are not using those talents to earn the megabucks that he does?

Ah, the lame 'money must equal talent' argument, offered by fans of untalented morons that make a lot of money.

'megabucks' doesn't equal talent. It it equals popularity. His main talent is separating suckers from their money. The same 'talent' michael moore has.

Would you argue that michael moore is actually a talented film maker? His one attempt at a real film, canadian bacon, was a horrible flop. I mean a flop of gigantic, historical proportions.

However, moore figured out a formula - bash conservatives, big business, america - and play up to an audience of rabid liberals here and abroad who hate those things.

Likewise, eminem has no real musical talent. Sure, he can make some clever rhymes over a pro-programmed drum beat. But his real talent lies in convincing white kids who wish they were black that they're cool / hip for listening to a white guy acting like a thug. That's his greatest talent- like vanilla ice did in the early 90's, he found an audience hungry for a white rapper.

There are musicians out there who pass gas with more musical talent than eminem will ever have. But by your definition, because they aren't making megabucks like eminem, they're not as talented as he is.

Enimem is simply a showman selling a product (crap) to an audience eager to eat said crap.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#7]

100 Reasons to Hate Eminem

He's ugly and his momma dresses him funny?

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe he had made the references towards Laura!!   She is hot you know?

Bob
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:42:25 PM EDT
[#9]
eminem got busted for assault when he used an EMPTY gun that he was carrying to beat a guy that had the audacity to talk to his EX-wife, whom he trashes on his records.

"hold up, peep that. who's that busta jawin' with my ex-boo? aw hell no, fuck that. yo, i'm strapped and normally i'd plant a cap in his ass, but i ain't got no bullets in my clip."

a very fortunate piece of white trash.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:44:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
www.summerof76.com/s76/images/eminem.jpg

My work...

Well I was going to say the only genious thing he did was take the wiggers act up a notch. Young people these days eat that shit up like vitamins, but I see at least one young man here with some brains. Besides, if Candyman is so fucking smart, why did he pull (dropped it from his drawers actually) an unloaded gun on a bunch of clowns and go to jail.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
1-99 :  You are gay.
100:  He has more talent than any of us and makes more money.  

Ditto. Fuck his politics, but he is a genious, an amazing talent, and is one the most powerful musicians on the planet. And no, I dont listen to him, or own his CD's.

MUSICIAN???? let's see...he can't play an instrument, he can't sing....that pretty much rules out MUSICIAN.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#12]
They say he plays the skin flute quite well - just ask his boy Elton John.......
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Because I cultivated talents that don't lend themselves to becoming rediculously rich. No one ever made a million bucks intubating a 4 year old kid in the back of a minivan at 3 in the morning. No one was ever featured on Entertainment Tonite because they could knock down a room and contents fire in a non-hydranted area with a handline and the contents of the tank on the engine. No one ever struck it rich by picking up little old ladies off the floor, making sure they weren't hurt, and taking their yappy little dog out to poop before calling back in service and getting ready to do it all over again.

I guess I could have put my efforts into learning how to make up profane rhymes about what a ho my mother is and yelling them out over a drum beat, but my life went a different way. I'm not a big important person like marshall is. My kids like me, though, and I get a thank you card every once in a while.

You have an... interesting value system. If talent equals money, are you untalented, or rich?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:41:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Who needs EMinem whe you have KID ROCK!

Kid Rock supports Bush

Kid Rock Supports Bush
July 9, 2004
Kid Rock made it clear to Puff Daddy and pals in the Hamptons last weekend that he was a Bush supporter. Evidently when it rained on Monday (7/5) of the long weekend, several people staying in the area to attend P. Diddy's big 4th of July party decided to go to a movie in town, including Kid Rock. When the entourage decided on Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 911, the rock star protested saying, "I don't want to see that, it's all propaganda.” This sparked a prolonged political debate in front of the theater where Simmons claimed that Kid Rock said, "Russell, don't you understand, everything we got in this country, we got from fighting … I'd rather go to the bar across the street." He then refused to go into the theater with the others and said goodbye. A couple of hours later, Simmons returned to his parked car where a note was found on the windshield that read, "Vote Bush. Bush Rocks," allegedly written by Kid Rock. Puff Daddy, is of course an adamant supporter of the Democratic ticket, and is leading register to vote efforts around the country.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:50:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because I cultivated talents that don't lend themselves to becoming rediculously rich. No one ever made a million bucks intubating a 4 year old kid in the back of a minivan at 3 in the morning. No one was ever featured on Entertainment Tonite because they could knock down a room and contents fire in a non-hydranted area with a handline and the contents of the tank on the engine. No one ever struck it rich by picking up little old ladies off the floor, making sure they weren't hurt, and taking their yappy little dog out to poop before calling back in service and getting ready to do it all over again.

Well said.

Originally Posted By Bessie Anderson Stanley:
Success
He has achieved success
who has lived well,
laughed often, and loved much;

who has enjoyed the trust of
pure women,

the respect of intelligent men and
the love of little children;

who has filled his niche and accomplished his task;

who has left the world better than he found it
whether by an improved poppy,
a perfect poem or a rescued soul;

who has never lacked appreciation of Earth's beauty
or failed to express it;

who has always looked for the best in others and
given them the best he had;

whose life was an inspiration;
whose memory a benediction.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:00:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Eminem has no talent.

All his songs have the same exact cadence. a rising da-da-daa da-da-daa sounding more angry as the song progresses.

However he is a great marketer... using that cadence allows youth to channel that rebellious anger through his songs catchy rythym like war drums in pigmy villages....

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:34:40 AM EDT
[#17]
yeah yeah yeah youre all talking about what little talent he has......let me take you back, remember your parents saying the same about the guys you listened to and bemoaning the fate of the country when it is in your hands.

you all better remember something, this is what kids are listening t and this is what influences them so like it or not if the majority of these kids go out to vote and they vote for people who dont like guns. its the end as we know it. strart taking shit seriously because like it or not they influence the  decisions of the largest untapped voting block.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top