Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:33:14 AM EDT
[#1]
No offense directly to the OP, but I think if Obama's citizenship really is a potential compromise, it is or will be taken care of; the chief executive of the US will not be compromised by something so simple.

That being said, I would dealy LOVE for something like this to come out in an unquestionable manner so as to totally invalidate his presidency, so my heart jumps everytime I read something like this.  And it crashes when reality sets in and it becomes obvious that no such hope exists, has existed or ever will exist.

As such, it frustrates me when things like this are posted without a modicum of research and thought.  Again, no direct offense meant to you OP, but these posts irritate me thoroughly.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:39:22 AM EDT
[#2]
What about the country?
What about the institution?
If he is a foreigner, what the fuck does that say about the executive office and the people of the United States?
Let's say Obama is from Kenya and you can prove it tomorrow.
Then what?
Joe Biden is President and you all just proved that EVERYONE except for birthers whatever their vote acknowledged that the President had the right to be President for the time that he campaigned and during the time he was in office.
You'd be shitting on the country, the people, and the institution for even recognizing his right to be President. He wouldn't have only tricked you, you and your countrymen would also have been dumb enough to believe him. All of them - because even voting against Obama legitimizes his candidacy.
If Obama wasn't American, why the hell didn't birthers bring it up before he won? Why didn't Hillary bring it up? McCain? Is this some GOP conspiracy too?

You all just seem like SORE LOSERS. Instead of bitching about what happened in 2008, how about we find a legitimate candidate for 2012 (Not Sarah Palin) and move to retake the House and Senate?

Refocus your efforts.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:44:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:47:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:49:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I propose that AFCOMERs get a little red asterisk for circulating hoaxes on the internet.  OP, you get a double because the hoax has been previously discussed.

I don't like Obama.  I didn't vote him.  I like circulating hoaxes as much.  Don't do it.  Stop posting hoaxes.

Circulating via email, a purported AP news story claims transcripts released by Occidental College prove that Barack Obama, under the name 'Barry Soetoro,' received a Fulbright Scholarship awarded to foreign-born students only.

Description: Email hoax
Circulating since: April 2009

Example #1:
Email contributed by Jackie B., Dec. 6, 2009:

FW: VERY QUIETLY OBAMA'S CITIZENSHIP CASE REACHES SUPREME COURT

Released copies of President Obama's college transcripts from Occidental College . Released today, the transcript indicates that Obama, under the name Barry Soetoro, received financial aid as a foreign student from Indonesia as an undergraduate at the school. The transcript was released by Occidental College in compliance with a court order in a suit brought by the group in the Superior Court of California.

The transcript shows that Obama (Soetoro) applied for financial aid and was awarded a fellowship for foreign students from the Fulbright Foundation Scholarship program. To qualify, for the scholarship, a student must claim foreign citizenship. This document would seem to provide the smoking gun that many of Obama's detractors have been seeking. Along with the evidence that he was first born in Kenya and there is no record of him ever applying for US citizenship, this is looking pretty grim. The news has created a firestorm at the White House as the release casts increasing doubt about Obama's legitimacy and qualification to serve as president. When reached for comment in London , where he has been in meetings with British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, Obama smiled but refused comment on the issue. Britain 's Daily Mail has also carried the story in a front-page article titled, "Obama Eligibility Questioned," leading some to speculate that the story may overshadow economic issues on Obama's first official visit to the U.K. In a related matter, under growing pressure from several groups, Justice Antonin Scalia announced that the Supreme Court agreed on Tuesday to hear arguments concerning Obama's legal eligibility to serve as President in a case brought by Leo Donofrio of New Jersey. This lawsuit claims Obama's dual citizenship disqualified him from serving as president.

Donofrio's case is just one of 18 suits brought by citizens demanding proof of Obama's citizenship or qualification to serve as president. Gary Kreep of the United States Justice Foundation has released the results of their investigation of Obama's campaign spending. This study estimates that Obama has spent upwards of $950,000 in campaign funds in the past year with eleven law firms in 12 states for legal resources to block disclosure of any of his personal records. Mr. Kreep indicated that the investigation is still ongoing but that the final report will be provided to the U.S. attorney general, Eric Holder. Mr. Holder has refused to comment on the matter.

LET OTHER FOLKS KNOW THIS NEWS, THE MEDIA WON'T!

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:53:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Face it! We're stuck with the foreign bastard until 2012!

You just had to ruin all our fun, didn't you?

Verify this before the 2010 elections and the dems are toast, a bloodbath

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:55:45 AM EDT
[#7]
WHY did he go to Pakistan in 1981?
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:57:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

To get to the other side

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:03:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure if this is for real or not but this site says it is a haox http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/occidental.asp

Some Obama haters are like the truthoors , they will believe what they want to believe. When Obama is President in 2012 they will still be  griping

get any free gov't handouts lately?
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:04:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

To get to the other side

They had a sale on kebabs, mate.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:05:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not sure if this is for real or not but this site says it is a haox http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/occidental.asp

I don't trust Snopes, my understanding is it is run by a Lib and some info is false.

I could be wrong, but I had a friend send me some info on it and he
normally does good research on things prior to sending them out.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#12]
honestly, i dont know what to think. but i do know that there is something important he is hiding because he has spent 1 million dollars to do so. and that in and of itself is news worthy. if its true he got financial aid for being foreign that would be big, but we cant even see his grades or papers he wrote. dunno why people still trust him, and more importantly why other conservatives seem to actually attack birther, after all, that sis something the libs would do.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:09:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Good to hear that this is finally moving forward!
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:12:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I Obama was really not a US citizen and not eligible to be US president wouldn't Hillary have been ALL OVER THIS during the primaries? That is one crafty bitch, and as much as I dislike her, she is not retarded. She wanted to be the first female president too badly not to use this info if it were true.

This is why Obama and Bill had that back room meeting.  Hillary wouldn't have had the support on her own to win.  By dropping back she was brokered a deal to still have influence on a global scale.  How many other presidential candidates have there been who went to work for their competitor on this scale?  

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:16:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't trust Snopes, my understanding is it is run by a Lib and some info is false.

I could be wrong, but I had a friend send me some info on it and he
normally does good research on things prior to sending them out.

There is no reason to automatically discount Snopes.  If they only confirmed or denied myths without explaining why, you would have a case for dismissing them based on perceived bias.  Fortunately, Snopes explains in detail why they chose to discount these particular stories as myths.  If anyone can find flaws in their reasoning or in their evidence, then more power to you.  Simply saying "Snopes got money from the left! They are liars!" is an ad hominem fallacy.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:20:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some Obama haters are like the truthoors , they will believe what they want to believe. When Obama is President in 2012 they will still be  griping

Fuck you, you fucking troll...Go back to DUh where you belong.

Half of this site has you on their "Ignore" list.

Yes we do.  Now we wish people would STOP QUOTING THE MORON!!!

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

When was this story released? April 1st?

Ding ding ding

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:26:47 AM EDT
[#18]
the fact that they have spent SO much money closing birth records, and that his own grandma who died during the elections ( snuffed so she wouldnt give out too much info ) is quoted as saying he was born in Kenya, the fact that he was a student in Indonesia where they do not allow dual citizenship are the reasons i think he is a foreigner.

i believe this picture is of Obama in Pok-ee-stawn at the zoo, near the Rino exhibit

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Ya goddamned slope-headed motherfuckers, learn how to goddamn use a search-fucking-engine, and you won't have to worry about if Snopes is run by a libtard couple in a trailer (who mi-fucking-raculously get every cock-fucking thing else right).  The minute you drop the first muthafucking sentence from that FABRICATED story in a search engine, you get assloads of hits to internet forums, but oddly NOT ONE GODDAMN FUCKING link to the actual AP story.  Did you not now that AP means "Associated Press", and that if it were a real AP story, it'd be fucking on some news website some cocksucking where?  Instead of chasing bullshit angles like "Obama isn't a citzen", which wouldn't matter even if true, why not pursue that real story, like that the current president is a commie who fucking hates America, and is completely incompetent and over his head even if you like commies in the first fucking place.  

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING BIRTH CERTIFICATE BULL-FUCKING-SHIT, YOU GODDAMN SHIT-FOR-BRAINED MOR-FUCKING-ONS.

Smarten up or change fucking sides, because you are gullible, mentally lazy, borderline literate, and it would help the country more by you being on the other team.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:31:40 AM EDT
[#20]
The OP is full of fail.  Just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true.  All garbage like this does is makes the right look like the little boy who cried wolf.  No one will believe you when you actually have something real if you spend all your time spreading fairy tales.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:34:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#22]
All hail President Biden.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:44:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The US recognizes dual citizenship.  I believe you can't have more than that, though.  Buddy of mine naturalized as a US citizen while retaining his Chinese citizenship.  My dad did the same thing while retaining his Iranian citizenship.

It recognizes it as a fact of life that it can't change, not as a part of US law. Use of a foreign passport doesn't endanger your US one.

Doesn't really matter to Obama though, because his birth certificate was available in 08.
While some folks don't like the "short-form" version, it does state it's prima facie, self-evident, right there on the form. For context, Hawaii became a state in 1959.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn227/Polarik/BO_Birth_Certificate.jpg

The certificate number is altered.

The certificate states any alterations invalidates it.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:45:20 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

This article may not have been published in a "mainstream news" source and

it may have some flaws that can be found through nitpicking.

This however does not mean that the premise (Obama is not a citizen) is false.

It is no surprise that it is difficult to come up with compelling evidence.

The Obama administration is blocking all attempts to uncover the truth and

the liberal media is not being a big help with this either!

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:52:02 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey professor, IT'S NOT FUCKING REAL.  That's not a nit-picked flaw.   Shades of Dan fucking Rather's  "Fake but accurate" absurdity.

Jesus the goddamn fuck.  It's like watching people smear their own feces, but then you realize it's your wall they're smearing it on.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:52:25 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Ya goddamned slope-headed motherfuckers, learn how to goddamn use a search-fucking-engine, and you won't have to worry about if Snopes is run by a libtard couple in a trailer (who mi-fucking-raculously get every cock-fucking thing else right). The minute you drop the first muthafucking sentence from that FABRICATED story in a search engine, you get assloads of hits to internet forums, but oddly NOT ONE GODDAMN FUCKING link to the actual AP story. Did you not now that AP means "Associated Press", and that if it were a real AP story, it'd be fucking on some news website some cocksucking where? Instead of chasing bullshit angles like "Obama isn't a citzen", which wouldn't matter even if true, why not pursue that real story, like that the current president is a commie who fucking hates America, and is completely incompetent and over his head even if you like commies in the first fucking place.

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING BIRTH CERTIFICATE BULL-FUCKING-SHIT, YOU GODDAMN SHIT-FOR-BRAINED MOR-FUCKING-ONS.

Smarten up or change fucking sides, because you are gullible, mentally lazy, borderline literate, and it would help the country more by you being on the other team.

http://www.playerpress.com/uploads/Image/EastwoodMyLawn.jpg

This (the highlighted stuff)
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:54:13 AM EDT
[#27]
i renounced my Canadian citizenship to be an American citizen

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:55:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What about the country?

What about the institution?

If he is a foreigner, what the fuck does that say about the executive office and the people of the United States?

Let's say Obama is from Kenya and you can prove it tomorrow.

Then what?

Joe Biden is President and you all just proved that EVERYONE except for birthers whatever their vote acknowledged that the President had the right to be President for the time that he campaigned and during the time he was in office.

You'd be shitting on the country, the people, and the institution for even recognizing his right to be President. He wouldn't have only tricked you, you and your countrymen would also have been dumb enough to believe him. All of them - because even voting against Obama legitimizes his candidacy.

If Obama wasn't American, why the hell didn't birthers bring it up before he won? Why didn't Hillary bring it up? McCain? Is this some GOP conspiracy too?

You all just seem like SORE LOSERS. Instead of bitching about what happened in 2008, how about we find a legitimate candidate for 2012 (Not Sarah Palin) and move to retake the House and Senate?

Refocus your efforts.

There were 5 law suits going on before he won, in 5 states.

On the Federal website where campaign money has to be disclosed where it is being spent.

His campaign spent over $900,000 paying the law firm that was representing Obama in the suits.

There is no dispute on this...this is public information.

I linked it several times during the campaign.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:57:56 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The US recognizes dual citizenship.  I believe you can't have more than that, though.  Buddy of mine naturalized as a US citizen while retaining his Chinese citizenship.  My dad did the same thing while retaining his Iranian citizenship.
It recognizes it as a fact of life that it can't change, not as a part of US law. Use of a foreign passport doesn't endanger your US one.

Doesn't really matter to Obama though, because his birth certificate was available in 08.

While some folks don't like the "short-form" version, it does state it's prima facie, self-evident, right there on the form. For context, Hawaii became a state in 1959.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn227/Polarik/BO_Birth_Certificate.jpg
Funny how that 'iron clad' short-form does not work to get a .gov passport...

After all, it's just an affidavit. So and so claims to have went to the archives and seen the birth certificate, put some information on a piece of fancy paper, and poof! short-form.

Here's some fuel for...................

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 9:01:52 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey professor, IT'S NOT FUCKING REAL.  That's not a nit-picked flaw.   Shades of Dan fucking Rather's  "Fake but accurate" absurdity.

Jesus the goddamn fuck.  It's like watching people smear their own feces, but then you realize it's your wall they're smearing it on.

Does this mean that you think that he was actually born in Hawaii?

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 9:16:15 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It means that it doesn't matter if the cocksucker was born on Mars, you aren't going to be rid of him this way, and, in the meantime, you're actually making it harder to get rid of him in the ways that will work.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 9:20:14 AM EDT
[#32]
This isn't a legitimate story. It was basically an April Fool's joke by some asshat.

None of Zeroes school records have been released, some are even missing from public records (His Hawaiian elementary records seem to have disappeared). There is some hearsay that he attended Occidental on a Fulbright scholarship but no proof.

For those of you who get you panties in a wad a about the "untruth" of his birth, get over yourself. Its a concern for several million people. It is still beyond logic why so much money has been spent by Zippy and the Demowits on what should be a non-issue.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 9:20:37 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It means that it doesn't matter if the cocksucker was born on Mars, you aren't going to be rid of him this way,

and, in the meantime, you're actually making it harder to get rid of him in the ways that will work.  

IT DOES MATTER!

I never thought that this would be a good way of "getting rid of him". It might have been during the campaign but not anymore.

I think that most of the value in perusing this is so that the truth comes out and a process is put in place to make sure that it doesn't happen again.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It means that it doesn't matter if the cocksucker was born on Mars, you aren't going to be rid of him this way,

and, in the meantime, you're actually making it harder to get rid of him in the ways that will work.  

IT DOES MATTER!

I never thought that this would be a good way of "getting rid of him". It might have been during the campaign but not anymore.

I think that most of the value in perusing this is so that the truth comes out and a process is put in place to make sure that it doesn't happen again.

Congratulations on your immunity to reality.

Please, just change fucking sides.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IT DOES MATTER!

Congratulations on your immunity to reality.

Right, because having an unlawfully elected president is a good thing.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 9:50:32 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

All hail President Biden.

Held in check by both a repub house and senate.

Don't anticipate this going to far, but it's worth a try to force release of these documents.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what this birth announcement form the local paper in 1961 says.

So what is it ... time travel  ?

His parents KNEW he was going to be president someday ?

Give it the fuck up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like you already have.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
DEPORT THE KENYAN

+1
to bad it wont happen.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 9:57:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's been documented that the folks who run the Snopes site lean left and are apologists for the liberal side of things.

BINGO!!! It is a man and his wife, thats all. Are we suppose to take anything they say seriously? NOPE!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Osama will not release his school records. That is his right. Never mind that just about any and all other candidates both large and small have no problem opening up their past for public view in the name of transparency and disclosure.

His documented past is a mystery. "African" is not a race, it is a continent.

I know nothing can or will be done about the Kenyan until 2012 but I believe in keeping hope alive if for no other reason then to keep that cloud of doubt hanging over his head.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Q: Is it possible that Obama traveled with a U.S. Passport in 1981?
A: No.. It is not possible. Pakistan was on the U.S. State Department's "no travel" list in 1981.

Conclusion: When Obama went to Pakistan in 1981 he was traveling either with a British passport or an Indonesian passport.

As others have pointed out, this claim it total bullshit.  Pakistan was not on a "no travel" list in 1981.  Any American citizen who wanted could travel there on an American passport.  The State Department may have issued a warning, and recommended that people be careful if they travel in that area, but there was NOT a "no travel" list or some other prohibition against traveling to Pakistan with an American passport.

I guess since this is what snopes says you must be a member of moveon.org , and a raging liberal.

I think there are a lot of liberals on arfcom that are either unable or unwilling to admit it.      Not saying DKProf is a lib......   fixed misquote
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give it the fuck up.

They lived in Hawaii.

Where else would they put it.

In a Kenyan paper.

If your parents were traveling when you were born. Would they put the announcement in the home town you lived in or some strange town you don't.

When people use this as some kind of proof he was born in Hawaii.

Just because of a birth announcement in a local paper.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 10:09:49 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

On the Federal website where campaign money has to be disclosed where it is being spent.

His campaign spent over $900,000 paying the law firm that was representing Obama in the suits.

Why didn't the GOP or Hillary not latch onto this?

Did the Republicans intentionally lose? Did Hillary intentionally lose?

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Intresting.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why didn't the GOP or Hillary not latch onto this?

Did the Republicans intentionally lose? Did Hillary intentionally lose?

You're asking me to speculate why they didn't?

I'm not them.

All I know that what I posted is true and verifiable .
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 10:13:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give it the fuck up.

They lived in Hawaii.

In a Kenyan paper.

If your parents were traveling when you were born. Would they put the announcement in the home town you lived in or some strange town you don't.

Just one of the pieces , you start putting it all together and it's hard for someone who can look at it rational unbiased manner to to dispute he was born here. I mean he would of had to of know all his life this was going to an issue for him and his family to of "covered it up" the past 48 years.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 10:25:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give it the fuck up.

They lived in Hawaii.

In a Kenyan paper.

Just one of the pieces , you start putting it all together and it's hard for someone who can look at it rational unbiased manner to to dispute he was born here. I mean he would of had to of know all his life this was going to an issue for him and his family to of "covered it up" the past 48 years.

Listen man

The only one that knows the truth on this is Obama , his wife and a select few people.

That's it

I have always used common sense my whole life. I'm not a college graduate  or even a high school one.

I  joined the Corps in 1968

I received a diploma much later in life.

One thing I do know is when a person uses this much energy and money  to stop some thing.

The chances are more likely than not , that he has someting to hide.

That's all it is to me.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#49]
http://www.sonorannews.com/archives/2009/091021/FrntPgObama.html

Archived articles surface, refer to “Kenyan-born Obama”
By Linda Bentley | October 21, 2009

kenyan born obama articleA June 2004 article from the archives of the East African Standard referred to then Senator Barack Obama as “Kenyan-born,” while an article published in the Oct. 11, 2009 edition refers to Obama becoming President of the United States “via a sleepy village in Kenya called Nyang’oma K’Ogelo.”

Last week, an archived article from the Sunday, June 27, 2004 edition of the East African Standard headlined: “Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate” was unearthed.

The article began, “Kenyan-born US Senate hopeful, Barack Obama, appeared set to take over the Illinois Senate seat after his main rival, Jack Ryan, dropped out of the race on Friday night amid a furor over lurid sex club allegations.”

The uncovering of this archive went viral on the Internet and could be found on blogs from coast to coast.

Another archived article surfaced last week from the Nov. 4, 2008 edition of the Nigerian Observer titled: “US Presidential Polls: Obama, McCain slug it out today.”

The article, by Soloman Osowata with Agency Reports, stated, “The Kenyan-born Senator will, however, face stiff competition from his Republican counterpart, John McCain who has taken the presidential battle to the finishing line with vigorous campaign strategies.”

More recently, the Oct. 11, 2009 edition of the Standard published an article questioning whether or not Obama deserved the Nobel Peace Prize.

The opening sentence in that article stated, “It seems Barack Hussein Obama, President of the United States of America (via a sleepy village in Kenya called Nyang’oma K’Ogelo) can do no wrong.”

In light of these recent discoveries, Snopes.com has been surprisingly silent on the matter, as have other fact-checking websites. Snopes.com has aggressively debunked any and all questions about Obama’s birthplace, even going so far as to change archived information when the very left-leaning couple that runs Snopes.com realized certain posts contradicted other posts on their own website.

The November 2008 edition of the Organization of American Historians (OAH) Newsletter contained an editorial by Monica-Wanambisi Mwesel, a literature professor at the University of Nairobi, titled: “What Kenyans think about an Obama win.”

According to its website, the OAH, founded in 1907 as the Mississippi Valley Historical Association, “is the largest professional organization for the investigation, study and teaching of American History. It serves a membership of 11,000 college and university professors, high school teachers, students, archivists, public historians, and institutional subscribers such as libraries, museums, and history societies, as well as individual and institutional foreign members.”

The article, obviously published before the Nov. 4, 2008 election, stated, “Most Kenyans feel that, should Obama win, their lives will definitely improve … Many assume that by being connected to Kenya, Obama would be empowered to send vast amounts of U.S. aid to their country. Since graft and corruption are common to both the Islamic and the Democratic parties, certainly most of this money would go to the promotion of an Islamic state and then financing the conversion of other African states to Islam. Many assume that Obama will channel resources that will go a long way in improving the lives of the people.”

Mwesel mentions schools were renamed after Obama prior to his most recent visit with the hope of attracting funding, since it would be considered “a shame that a school named for a great American should be so dilapidated.”

She went on to say, “A widespread assumption is that, being a Kenyan, Obama understands the problems Kenyans face. Hence they expect more foreign aid from him. They wonder why they should stay poor while they have a Kenyan president of the U.S.”

Close to half of Kenyans, Mwesel said, dreaded the prospects of an Obama presidency and were fractured along ethnic lines, citing the Kikuyu tribe feared an Obama victory would boost the chances of Raila Odinga, a Luoccai like Obama, to ascend to the presidency.

Mwesel concluded, “It is therefore very clear that Senator Obama draws frenzied support from the Luo ethnic group of his ancestors, while many members of the rival Kikuyu group do not support him.”

In fact, Mwesel said the majority of the Kikuyu favored New York Senator Hillary Clinton during the Democratic primaries.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#50]
I despise people who think that just because they read something on the internet, it must be true and should be passed along.  They are the same dummies who pass along chain letters not understanding (after being told repeatedly) that it is a favored way of putting viruses into people's computers.

STOP POSTING STUFF THAT IS UNTRUE.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top