[#2]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
hang in there Shaggy, we ALL love you! Those girls don't know what they are missing out on and it is their loss.  

edited for clarity  

+1.  I'd hit it.  

Gentle Readers,

Please ignore the above two posters as everyone knows that their tastes in men are suspect, at best.

Hey, don't complain... at least you're a suspect.

(Green_Ammo223 - you got IM)
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Hmmm....      
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:37:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm....      

Why do I suddenly feel like bursting into song...The Looooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvve Boat...soon it will be making a-no-ther run...the Loooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee boat...promises some-thing for ev-eryone.....set a course for adventure....your mind on a new ro-mance.....

EVERYBODY SING!!!

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:00:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Why do I suddenly feel like bursting into song..

Because you're a dork?  ...I mean "goober".  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:03:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm....      

Why do I suddenly feel like bursting into song...The Looooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvve Boat...soon it will be making a-no-ther run...the Loooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee boat...promises some-thing for ev-eryone.....set a course for adventure....your mind on a new ro-mance.....

EVERYBODY SING!!!

Easy there, Julie McCoy...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:25:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why do I suddenly feel like bursting into song..

Because you're a dork?  ...I mean "goober".  

Takes one to know one
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:31:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm....      

EVERYBODY SING!!!

I'm sorry. Hopeless romantic here.

Now I can't get that song out of my head
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:28:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
EVERYBODY SING!!!

On the FIRST day of Gun Stock...

Sorry, seems I only know one tune.  Either that or I'M SCARRED FOR LIFE
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm....      

EVERYBODY SING!!!

I'm sorry. Hopeless romantic here.

Now I can't get that song out of my head

Well, if it helps I'm kinda the Oscar Madison type (cue the 'Odd Couple' theme...)
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:58:16 AM EDT
[#13]
First of all let me preface this with "I'm just a guy. What the hell do I know."

The answer is....whenever it's appropriate. Be yourself. Don't be afraid to bring it up whenever you're comfortable with the other person. If you're not comfortable enuf with the person to discuss hobbies on the first date, there probably won't be a second. And when I say bring it up, I mean conversationally not confrontationally. Don't preface it with a negative or an excuse. Jailtime and venereal diseases are bombshells. Shooting is a hobby. Some folks collect stamps or coins. I collect firearms.

It's all easy for me to say, however:

I cook
I clean
I put the toilet seat down
I'm single...I must be doing something wrong.

YMMV
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:21:47 AM EDT
[#14]
UPDATE...

She called back last week and apologized for her behavior.  A native of NYC, she's never really been around guns and said she was just a little freaked out by the idea of someone who not only liked guns, but actually owned quite a few.  She said she'd probably never really like them, but would try not to let it be an issue between us.  We talked for quite a while and although its clear she was afraid of them, she seemed to be genuine in her assertion that she'll try to be more understanding of my point of view.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Time will tell.

Saturday night we decided to get dressed up & go to a Halloween party together after starting with a drink or two at her place.   When I got there, she pulls out a bottle of good champagne -Perrier Jouet Grand Brut- she says she's been saving for something special.  So then we climbed out onto the fire escape overlooking 3rd street and shared a perfect East Village moment; sitting on the fire escape in our costumes, we killed the bottle of champagne while the Hungry March Band played a semi-ska version of Ozzy's Crazy Train on the street below (www.hungrymarchband.com/aboutus.html).  Way cool.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:04:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
...its clear she was afraid of them...

Yep, the left's plan is working.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:10:41 PM EDT
[#17]
this lady I went riding with on saturday, her only exposure to firearms was a brief training session with the IDF.  Based upon further discussion, it was most likely an M16.  All she remembers is it being very powerful and it hurt her shoulder.  she said she wouldn't shoot any firearms again.

well, I'm working' on that "never again" crap  time will tell.
she knows a little about me & firearms, but she doesn't know the 'dark side'....yet
I even threw in some tidbits about my 10yo having fun shooting mine and various SMG's.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:05:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:13:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top