Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Sitting around the house I normally have: Rebel Yell, Dickel, MacAllan, Bushmill's Single Malt, Wild Turkey 101, and Laphroaig.  

A motley collection to be sure, I drink them all and enjoy them all.  Maybe a little more often than I should.

Edited to add:  How could I have forgotten the crock of Tulamore Dew?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:00:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Jameson's, neat, in a dirty glass...
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:24:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Southern Comfort..
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#5]
WILD TURKEY 101....grew hair on my chest
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sitting around the house I normally have: Rebel Yell, Dickel, MacAllan, Bushmill's Single Malt, Wild Turkey 101, and Laphroaig.  

A motley collection to be sure, but I drink them all and enjoy them all.  Maybe a little more often than I should.

Edited to add:  How could I have forgotten the crock of Tulamore Dew?
View Quote

Now just exactly where in TX will I be visiting?[:D]
View Quote

That would be Beaumont.  Not much to look at, but plenty to drink.

I've found a couple on this post I plan to try out so THANKS GUYS.
View Quote

Curious about the Rebel Yell, eh?  Best cheap whiskey I know of.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#9]
If I drink whisky it's Maker's Mark all the way, mixed only with a few ice cubes.

There ought to be an amendmant to the consitution outlawing mixing good bourban with anything, which of course means Democrats would still put Coke in Maker's Mark.

SG
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Whisky=The Glenlivit, The Balvinie Doublewood

Whiskey=Maker's Mark, Gentleman Jack, Wild Turkey 101
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#11]
How many of you whiskey drinkers "load" your own airplane bottles?  It only takes a steady hand or a small funnel which I rely on.  I always have about a dozen loaded and ready for airline travel or golf or just about anything.

But back to the matter at hand.... I have scouted the closet and am down to 2 bottles of Knob Creek, 1 bottle of Jack and 1 of Beam (my grandpappys choice).  

I'm suprised nobody mentioned Wellers.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Henry McKenna bourbon - thanks, Skeeter.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#13]
If we're talking fine bourbon, make it a

[img]http://www.the-whisky-store.de/usa/aage/blantgoldA_2.jpg[/img]

If we're talking a fine sipping whiskey from the 'old country' make it a

[img]http://www.tekkie.net/whisky/other/bushmills/bushmills.gif[/img]

But, if you're talking about the best, and what I've got in my glass at the moment, you'd hafta be talkin about

[img]http://www.zacksoftopsail.com/images/signs/jackdaniels3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Personally I prefer Jack Black Label or Single Barrel (if it is in stock)

After that it is a toss-up between Crown and Makers.

Currently in stock at my house,

1L of Jack Black Label (Half-full)
1L of Jack Single Barrel (3/4 Left)
1L of Crown Royal (Half-Full)
1.75L of Crown Royal (Unopened)
1L of JB Scotch (Almost-gone)
1L of Bushmills (1/4 Left)
1L of Jonny Walker Red Label (3/4 Left)
1.75L of Seagrams 7 (Unopened)

Drank Beam White label, Early Times, and when times were tight "Old Crow) all through college.
You couldn't pay me to drink Old Crow anymore.  And Early Times and White lable Beam just don't stack up to Jack/Crown/Makers in my opinion for the few dollars you might save.

James
Austin Texas
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#15]

[blue]'Ten High' Kentucky straight sour mash

It's crappy and cheap. Hell, I believe the bottle it comes in is plastic. . . but grand dad drank it and that's good enough for me![/blue]

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't know, but the Irish sure are drunkards.
View Quote

Hey, I resemble that remark hehehe.  Actually, whiskey is to keep us from ruling the world.  "Whiskey" is generally thought of as an Anglicization (I think that's a word)of the Gaelic "uisce"...from "uisce beatha", meaning "water of life."  See, we had our priorities straight lol.

Personally, I loathe the stuff...except for the occasional shot of a single malt Scotch called Glendronach, after a pint or two of stout to coat the stomach [:D]  
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:43:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's crappy and cheap. Hell, I believe the bottle it comes in is plastic. . . but grand dad drank it and that's good enough for me![/blue]
View Quote

Yeah! A honest man!

What kind of racing you into?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:18:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:40:52 PM EDT
[#19]
crown royal but very rarely since I am a poor college student.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:54:14 PM EDT
[#20]
 Though I have been off the bottle for some time now  ( excepting that ONE Black and Tan I had at the ARFCOM dinner a couple weeks ago ) I do miss the taste of a fine glass of Tulamore Dew.  Nothing quite like it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:29:42 AM EDT
[#21]
FLAME SUIT ON.....

I have been sipping crown royal as of late in the following manner.

about 4 to 6 ice cubes, a couple of oz's of crown and then about 2 tablespoons no more maybe alittle less of ...
.DR Pepper.

Please keep in mind I NEVER drink soda. I wanted a little something to drink one night and dinner was going to be done shortly so I thought a would have a Jack with a little coke. Well no Jack and no coke. I did have some crown and the wife did has some Dr Pepper. [puke] I thought.... so I tried a VERY little and it was well worth the effort. If you put TOO much in its like candy and it sucks. Just alittle and its a new taste all together.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:52:51 AM EDT
[#22]
In Order

1) Knob Creek
2) Bookers
3) Blantons
4) L&G Woodford Res.
5) Markers Mark
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:59:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Anything from the Beam family.  Bookers is the best.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:45:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Scotch

Laphroaig 15 year.

Rusty
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:00:27 AM EDT
[#25]
I like Jim and Jack (despite the fact he damn near killed me in 1989, crossing Cranberry lake in an aluminum canoe during a NASTY thunderstorm [:D]). My pal Seagram is OK, when his buddy 7 is nearby.

I usually trade some venison with a coworker every year. He dropped off some Lagavulin (SP?) and Knob Creek the past 2 deer seasons. Yummm.

I also have some aged Scottish malt on the shelf. Haven't opened it yet, and the exact name escapes me...
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Not a flame, but just so you Wild Turkey fans know, WT is owned by a FRENCH company.
Thanks to the French, I no longer drink cognac.

Anyone from KY or TN who drinks Canadian "whiskey" should be deported. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#27]
OMG!  No one has mentioned the BEST bourbon in the world, bar none.  I can't believe it.

I recently did my own tasting, and purchased 20 different premium whiskeys and bourbons (most in small bottles).

In descending order:

7.  Makers Mark
6.  Gentleman Jack
5.  Knob Creek
4.  Old Rip Van Winkle (very good mixed with coke)
3.  Eagle Rare 12 year old
2.  Jack Daniels Single Barrel

and the number one, amazing, incredible, best to drink neat bourbon out there?

1.  Eagle Rare 17 year old - WOW!  This stuff is so tasty, so smooth - incredible.  At $45 a bottle it had better be damn good.

I've loved Eagle Rare 12 year old for years, but this 17 year old is the cat's meow!  I promise you that you will LOVE this stuff - get it - it is well worth it!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#28]
My favorites.....

Maker's Mark and Jack Daniels. Both are wonderful straight up or on  the rocks.
Knob is a wee-bit strong tasting, but very goood nonetheless.
Used to drink Seagrams 7 because it was cheap. If I drink it now I get nauseous.
Beam  tastes like cheap, over sweetened cough syrup.

CKMorley

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:49:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Kessler

The Cheap stuff.
View Quote

I have an unopened 1/2 gallon of that rotgut in my cupboard. Someone gave it to me. It's all yours if you live anywhere on the west side of Atlanta!

Pappy Van Winkle - 20 year-old Family Reserve
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't drink Wiskey too often. usually just a few shots on Jameson with friends on StPatricks Day.  SoCo is awsome, but we save the for the "Alabama Slammers"..  

I personally like Quervo(yea, I know its not wiskey) I could sit and drink that all night.  (not that I do)

The only crap that gets me "wacked out" is coors light.. That crap makes me retarted and pissed.  I can drink other beers without any problem.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey, TJ - we need to link up sometime soon so you can try out this Eagle Rare - damn good stuff!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#34]

[b]Good single malt scotch.[/b]
[img]http://members.cox.net/the-macallan/MacsPics1/Macallan.JPG[/img]

(yeah, I wish I had 25yo Mac!)
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah! A honest man!

What kind of racing you into?
View Quote

[blue]Road Racing!

Me! --> [url]http://www.cbr600f4.com/gallery/CBR600F4/afj?full=1[/url][/blue]

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top