Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hunduh is the name of a beach in Malta, in the town where my mom is from......
View Quote

You Maltese??? My girlfriend is Maltese and smoking hot[devil]...NO THAT IS NOT AN OFFER PAL!!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I talked to Ray on Friday - I got the honor of being the first female to call him.  Does that mean that I win some sort of booby prize?  [:I]  He was pretty cheerful when I spoke with him - enjoying his few days off and spending most of his time in front of the computer.  He's still encouraging phone calls, so keep calling to show your support!  (I think he just wants to rip AT&T off some more [;D])

Knockers
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 4:23:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Spoke with WaveRunner about 0630 hrs.  

He seems to be in good spirits and seemed to really appreciate the call.  Sounded surprised to get a call from Houston.

Said the contract for cleanup/recovery was laid on for nine months!

Can you imagine?

Also said, that it was like looking at a war zone contained within thirty blocks, pretty amazing.

I told him we all sure appreciate him and everyone else.  Told him to tell everyone we love them and are supporting them.

To all the NY Crew:
Many, many Houston area officers, deputies and constables are wearing our mourning bands.  The general consensus is we will continue to wear them until all our brothers and sisters are accounted for.

Pakrat - OUT!

editated because I can't spell  after staying up all night ;)
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 5:10:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I received the following email from Ronin45 yesterday afternoon...

Hi again. First i want to tell you, i hope i did not insult you with what i
said about taking my name off the list, you have no idea how much i
appreciate what you and everyone else are doing.  [red]Like i said in my last e
mail, for some unknown reason i cannot post a reply from my home pc, so if
you can do me a favor, my cell # is 347-203-8190. I dont know if anyone would
want to call, but if they do i would like to tell them thanks for what they
are doing.[/red] Hopefully one day we will all be able to get together. Thanks
again for all you are doing. God Bless You All. Stah Safe.................JOHN
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Packrat, speaking of mourning bands..... Sgt. today showed up on my post and told us that we had to take the mourning bands off because the flag was being flown full again.  Can you believe the nerve???  This is the kind of crap that they are worried about......  
un-friggen-believeable!!!

(and NO we did NOT take them off, as a matter of fact there is talk of us leaving them on permanently, as I dont think we will ever stop mourning this tragedy)
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hey Packrat, speaking of mourning bands..... Sgt. today showed up on my post and told us that we had to take the mourning bands off because the flag was being flown full again.  Can you believe the nerve???  This is the kind of crap that they are worried about......  
un-friggen-believeable!!!

(and NO we did NOT take them off, as a matter of fact there is talk of us leaving them on permanently, as I dont think we will ever stop mourning this tragedy)
View Quote

Tell the as*hole Sgt. to read the patrol guide, the mourning bands stay on until members of the service are buried, it has nothing to do with how the flag is flown. Also tell him there are 23 members of the service still in the rubble.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Agreed with Palmer - Hunduh!
Tell your sgt. to take a flying leap and forget the damn parachute!

Well, if he pursues this thoughtless bs, I won't say all, but a great majority of us down here in the Lone Star State, are wearing them and will until everyone is accounted for.

I was asked today to lead the special prayer portion today at church.  This is time that we have set set aside to pray for special requests and those that are heavy on our minds.  I recounted my conversation with WaveRunner and how it's amazing someone can keep such a good attitude amongst all the saddness.

Bascially guys, I told them prior to the prayer, that we should draw inspiration from you guys up there because to us it is a story of untold proportions of bravery and courage.  I know you guys think it's just doing your jobs but you know, sometimes it goes just a bit further than that.

I for one, pray that if my time comes to be tested in such a monumental proporation, that I will be able to stand the test, as well as you guys have.

Thank you!

ps-
Ask WaveRunner about the last question he asked me before we hung up.  It's pretty funny!  If everyone else would like to know - let me know and I will pass it on!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:53:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I just spoke to Ray and he doing fine. He appreciates all of the telephone calls. I let him know all of the police officers in south Florida are praying for them and will keep our mourning bands on until all of our brothers are found and laid to rest. Some deputies have been approached by crying women and given hugs thanking them for doing their job. It is hard to say anything to them without crying yourself. One substation had an eight year old boy show up and donate eight dollars worth of pennies he had saved to the firefighters ,policemen, and victims in the tragedy. To bad it took a tragedy to bring everyone together.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Agreed! It is a damn shame that it took a tragedy of such great proportions to bring this country together......Now if only we could keep it this way, that would be even greater
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry if you dont getthrough, sometimes my phone doesnt connect in my apartment, just leave a voicemail and a phone number, also let me know how late I can call back......Thanks for thinking of me...

And OLYCAR15, I got your voicemail today. Thank You and thank Beekeeper for taking the time to call me.  It means a lot!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I talked with Ray yesterday. He is tired but hanging in there. I told him a dirty joke and I think I lifted his spirits a little. It must be incredibly difficult to work in that kind of environment, so lets keep calling and doing what we can to support Ray and his fellow LEO's and Firefighters.
ARH
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top