BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Take a little ownership in something you enjoy and take some of the burden off my back. If not, that's fine too, but don't rip into me because of it. I'm doing the best I can FOR YOU. [=)]
View Quote

Thank you GB.  The above statement is what it all boils down to.  

I will admit that the thought of $60 per year was a little daunting and was the primary motivating factor in my not joining the team for the last year or so.  When the search function was gone during the DC shootings (I refuse to insult snipers throughout the world), I missed it.  I was also glad to see it come back and understood the reason for only allowing it for paid members in the interim.

When the bronze membership option was offered, I considered it a very low cost way of maintaining some of the features I use (primarily the search function).  I had no need for picture hosting and the email services as I run my own web and mail servers at home.  The $20 membership option allowed me to contribute to the sight while maintaining my usage of the functions I find most important.

On fact that has been brought up before but not in this thread that I've seen is that having to pay for the search function will likely eliminate the random anti-gunners from browsing to the site and performing searches for statements they can twist and use to further their agenda.

This fact alone is worth the $20...not just for me, but for [b][red]all of us[/red][/b].

As GB stated above, take a little personal responsibility for the resources you use on the site.  Personal accountability is rapidly going the way of the dinosaur in today's society.  Typically, the pro-second amendment crowd are some of the few who still hold themselves and others accountable for their actions.

I guess it all boils down to the fact that this thread makes me [puke]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:30:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Who's the idiot that made that decision? You want to cut back on bandwidth you have a search function. Otherwise you have a bunch of people asking for stuff that would be covered by a search function and thus more bandwidth wasted.

I've never heard of charging money for a Search function. Totally defeats the purpose. The people who plunk down for membership won't be using the search function anywhere near the casual users who come here only when they need information (which would be most members).
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:45:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I would be the idiot that recommended the tiered membership and limiting the search function.

The Administrator if this site would be the "idiot" who decided it needed to be done.  I would kindly suggest you not bite the hand that feeds you...  You pay nothing to play here, if you are going to play here than play by the site's rules and show a little respect to those who let you ride along for free.
View Quote

I'd gladly contribute to this site on its merits for $20 a year if the mods would cut down on the censorship (I'd even pay $50 per year). But saying I have to pay it just to have a search function? You can KMA.

Things like spellcheck I can understand, they are totally non-essential and besides you can just compose them online in your favorite word processor. IMs, too; just too costly and unnecessary. But an essential service like Search?

After the BRC fiasco I figured AR15.com would die in the next year or so (if that). Maybe I was being too generous.

BTW Goatboy the "My topics" function doesn't seem to be working; none of the topics I've posted in today are showing up there. Is it just me?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, boy, I cant wait for the pop up ads to start playing on the site.

Money, Money, Money....[banghead]

I have an idea. If the money is what it is all about, lets see the costs of running the site, versus what income is recieved from the advertisers and membership dues etc.

I would be interested in seeing that, as would many other people on this site. [BS2]

View Quote

Maybe the owners of this [b]private[/b] site will see fit to release this [b]private[/b] information.
Of course, it would be helpful, and a good example for [b]you[/b] to release [b]your[/b] private financial info also, so that we can assess [b]your[/b] financial decisions as well.
View Quote

This [b]private[/b] site is appearing like a business to me, and therefore, should open the books. Let's see, there is an online store in the works right? Membership dues? Yup, looks like a business to me.

I dont run a business, and dont need to post my financial info here.

Glad to see it got tacked, so I could find it again.[;D]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:14:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Just guessing, but arent income statements and tax filing records collected by the IRS public record, No?

If it's not a business, what is it? Charity?(Idea!!!!)

I have no problem with paying for a membership (saving now), but I get irked a bit with the knee jerk reactions I get from NONSTAFF when I ask to see basic income/output info regarding this site, which very much appears to be a business, money making or not.

I'm not trying to make something out of nothing, and simply would be interested in seeing what my money will go to, should I decide to cough it up.

The original question posed by Tailgate was whether or not the elimination of the search feature is self-destuctive. Obviously it is, creating more users online for longer times, looking for stuff. It's also got us pissing in each others yards.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just guessing, but arent income statements and tax filing records collected by the IRS public record, No?
View Quote

As an officer of a State tax authority I can tell you that you are 100% wrong.  In fact, if I reveal a business's or individual's tax records I get prosecuted and face a jail term.

An incorporated charity or not-for-profit is another matter since they enjoy tax exempt status.  The website does not fit into either category.  The records of AR15.com are not public record and that is the definitive word on this matter.
View Quote

I stand corrected.
You bring me to my next question, what category does this site fit in?

[eyesclosedfingerscrossed]business?[/eyesclosedfingerscrossed]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:37:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:42:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't get it...it's only [b]$20[/b] a year! That's cheap as hell! Even [b]I[/b], the
cheapest bastard on the planet couldn't find a reason to bitch about that fee!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't get it...it's only [b]$20[/b] a year! That's cheap as hell! Even [b]I[/b], the
cheapest bastard on the planet couldn't find a reason to bitch about that fee!!
View Quote

Oh, I'll complain about anything.

HR, appreciate the time for the answers.

GB, the purpose of the site is info exchange, and although its a dead horse, I am allowed to beat it, no? Dont get me wrong, I appreciate all the things you do, albeit I have very little knowledge about what you do. (no search[;D])I do know however, that your work is resepected by those that do know what you do, and that is ALMOST good enough for me, but not quite. As HR said, the sites info is not available for disclosure, I have no choice to accept it, but it doesnt serve the site too well. Makes me a tad suspicious, but to each his own eh?

As stated before, saving for GOLD!

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:07:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
b) DO NOT ARCHIVE GENERAL DISCUSSION.  Again, most of it is current events or silly topics, so there is no need to archive it and/or have the SEARCH function scroll through it.  Any truly important topics can be archived manually, right?
View Quote

This actually goes with a) as taking a post "off" really means deleting it and all the replies out of the database. I don't mind trashing it, but I think a LOT of others might. The reason being that there's a GREAT information exchange in the GD. How to replace a furnace, how to rewire your house, how to fix an engine, why Clinton is an ass, etc.

Trying to say those posts are not important is pushing your feelings about them onto everyone else. While the GD is the biggest BW hog, it's also something unique. It's where we all come together to talk, bullshit, tell jokes, share stories, expose our personal lives, ask for support, and so much more! Damn, you name it, it's in there!!! To simply shut it down because it's a burden would take away from something which is beneficial to keeping the family atmosphere here.
View Quote

I feel the need to comment on this.  First, I am not saying it is not important to others.  However, the VAST MAJORITY of the topics in GD are current events or jokes.  I would venture to say the no one really cares about what happened 2 weeks ago, especially if the thread is dormant.

Moreover, how many people would search on this forum for fixing their furnace?  Unless you were the author of that thread, no one would think to search for something as obtuse as that on a Gun website.  If it was your thread, then you better had copied the relevant information anyway!

I honestly doubt cutting back the GD pages after a certain number of days of DORMANCY (heck, make it 10 days) will affect anyone, and will not harm the family atmosphere here.  Odds are, if that subject were still hot someone would post a duplicate topic unwittingly anyway.

Again, these suggestions ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE for the $20 membership...rather, suggestions on significantly impacting the BW and Resources of your site's IT Infrastructure.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:37:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Tailgate,

If there is so much wrong with this site, why not find one that better suits you? I'm sure you would have a hard time finding a site that has an as dedicated administrator and as large a group of members who enjoy a range of interests. This is not just a  gun forum, it's a community.
I mean, come on, isn't this worth at least $20 to you? [b]I[/b] think so.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Ok, I have been here for a year. Signed up for the $60 membership after about a month of lurking and none team member.

During this period I have heard people BITCH about the cost of memberships. Goatboy and the rest of the staff come up with a reasonable alternative, and people still BITCH. $20 a year is not that big of a deal. So cough up the money and quit whining.[>Q] From a [;D]

Goatboy, our doing a great job. Just remember the old saying: You can please some of the people some of the time, and all of the some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time, or something like that.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:03:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Tailgate,

If there is so much wrong with this site, why not find one that better suits you? I'm sure you would have a hard time finding a site that has an as dedicated administrator and as large a group of members who enjoy a range of interests. This is not just a  gun forum, it's a community.
I mean, come on, isn't this worth at least $20 to you? [b]I[/b] think so.
View Quote

Unbelievable.

I guess this further illustrates my point about people NOT READING POSTS in their entirety and reading myopicly with their predisposed bias.  If I am not mistaken, EVERY POST I HAVE MADE ON THIS THREAD have stated that it is NOT about the money and that $20 is a good deal.  My posts have gone past the irrelevant issue of money, and focused on SOLVING THE REAL ISSUE of bandwidth taxation and resource consumption.  My suggestions were aimed at cutting down the expense of running this great site...and maybe saving people's money as a side benefit.

Let's not forget...$20 from 100, 200, or even 500 people will not solve this issue for long if the root causes are not determined and dealt with.  And telling me to go elsewhere won't solve the problem either--you can see by my post count and 2 years of registration that I love this site and don't want to see go under.

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I am not complaining, but just pointing something out.  This is coming from a long-time non-paying member.  I know...I guess I should just scrape up some cash and quietly send it in.
View Quote

Amen, brother.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#24]
I have an idea, why don't we just reconfigure the entire site to fit tailgates needs, then we will all continue to pay so he can have his free search function. I just got back from a FREE ar15 shoot here in AZ and got to play with full auto toys for almost nothing, what a deal, plus I got to meet many awesome members of this site. that is worth far more than the 60$ I paid to be a member.if you've never been to a shooting event with other members from this site,maybe you should, and then I doubt 20$ a year would even be an issue. its much more than just a website, if it was just a regular run of the mill gun oriented site, then you'd just quit bitching and go elsewhere. but I see since your still here you realize what a special place this is. and further, if you have so many great ideas to make a better site, then attempt to do that yourself, then you would really appreciate all the hard work the Avillas have poured into AR15.com. sometimes instead of trying to change everything around you, its easier to try to adapt and get with the program.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:06:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Reeeeear...Cat Fight....[FamousQuote] You Can't Please All Of The People All Of The Time.[/FamousQuote] Goatboy, I think you are doing one hell of a job with the meager resources that a few of the members are willing to contribute. [beer]  [bounce]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:21:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
After the BRC fiasco I figured AR15.com would die in the next year or so (if that). Maybe I was being too generous.
View Quote

Um. Don't you mean that Castle Arms would die in the next year?  [:(!]

ARFCOM RULES!  

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bunch 'o Cheap Bastages [;)]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm just chiming in to say I hope GB is making a mint off this site. If he made a million a year (yeah right) I would still send in my 60 bucks.  I paid my 60 bucks when the option first became available not for the features, but because I am here almost every day, learning things, meeting new people, bullshitting.  Hell, I spend more time here than with my "real" friends.  I didn't pay for any of the features because I don't really use them, I paid because this place is a second home for me and one I want to help stick around.

That said, I have no problem with people who don't want to pay.  There are plenty of sites I go to that I don't and wouln't pay for, but that is because they don't have the value to me this place does.   But I also don't complain about those sites.

As for tailgater, I think he is being sincere in wanting to help the site, and I had the same question about the value of making people pay for search vs. always reposting topics.  But I think GB answered it, plus everyone would post the same topics even when search was free anyhow.

Thanks GB for making all this availible.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:56:33 PM EDT
[#30]
My check is in the mail. The minimum amount of $20.00 is next to nothing when you consider all the entertainment you receive from this site. I would really miss the spell check and IM capabilities. I could care less about the search functions though.....
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 12:42:24 AM EDT
[#31]
And now for something completely different...

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=3759[/img]

Just thought I'd dredge up something ugly from the past.  

Yet another random post.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 1:21:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Thank You, GoatBoy and Ed,

Home Of The AR15 Rifle.

A few Ideas,

1, Limited TITLE Search Only, for Non-paying members.

2, Someone Donate a Site-Shared Log on ID,
  SEARCH1, 2, 3, etc. with password Search1, limit user to 10-15 minutes.  

3, Ask for Site Donations,
  Post your P.O. Box Number
  and make check payable to AR15.com.
  They Don't have to be A Member to Help
  keep the Site up.

Great Site, GoatBoy,

In My Opinion, Search Feature will Help Create new Members.
^^^
[size=1]^   Million Gun Freedom March on Washington July 4th, 2003.
[url]www.Cures-not-wars.org/[/url] Truth Will Liberate Earth.
[url]www.RKBA.org/antis/hci-master[/url]Allege 1993 feinstein/hci master plan
PRETEXT for TOTAL Gun Freedom Confiscation Dis-Armament.
[url]http://www.DigitalAngel.net/[/url]Revelation 13:18  ID-GPS-MONEY BAN Human Power Implant Micro-chip

Never Again, Never Forget --  Seek the Truth , Liberate Your Mind -- We Are At War[/size=1]

FIXED BAYONETS

VX
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#33]
I do not recall if I posted on this thread, this may be my second or third post here since I did not have time to read through it and i can not do a search w/o giving a few dollars. [b] every other site I frequent has a search feature [/b] There are MANY other things that could be cut out on this site other than search IMO. How many diffrent freaking forums do we  need on a AR15 based site, next we'll have a PRETTY KITTYS forum too no doubt........ which new forums get little traffic?[?] I too hope this site is profitable for its founders. The members only forum seemed smart, alot of folks like to think of themselves as belonging, and I'm sure those funds were put to good use unless, it leads to more cuts in usual standard nononsense options........[b]READ MY SIG![/b]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 9:30:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I do not recall if I posted on this thread, this may be my second or third post here since I did not have time to read through it and i can not do a search w/o giving a few dollars. [b] every other site I frequent has a search feature [/b] There are MANY other things that could be cut out on this site other than search IMO. How many diffrent freaking forums do we  need on a AR15 based site, next we'll have a KITTYS forum too no doubt........[b]READ MY SIG![/b]
View Quote

Ignorance is bliss huh?  OK, when it comes down to it, it is all about the money, huh?  Let's look at it from your side then:

Since we cleared up that it costs $X,XXX to run the site per month and [b]you are using the site, why haven't you ponied up?[/b]

Principles?  Nah.....

Why?  It's all about the money, that's why.

Gee, was there a more worthless point to make?

[b]Yes[/b], and here it is:

"Its all about the money,why kid yourself?."  [rolleyes]    
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#35]
the current search feature was somewhat neutered anyway being limited to title, author, or reply author.

iirc, many moons ago the search feature actually use to search the thread text or text body.  if i needed to find that torque spec or armalite scope mount now by someone i do not remember who authored, or the specific thread title (those vary bigtime), i'm SOL.

if you're gonna charge for the search feature, make it a real one (not complaining) and then it would be worth it to complete a membership.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I do not recall if I posted on this thread, this may be my second or third post here since I did not have time to read through it and i can not do a search w/o giving a few dollars. [b] every other site I frequent has a search feature [/b] There are MANY other things that could be cut out on this site other than search IMO. How many diffrent freaking forums do we  need on a AR15 based site, next we'll have a KITTYS forum too no doubt........[b]READ MY SIG![/b]
View Quote

Ignorance is bliss huh?  OK, when it comes down to it, it is all about the money, huh?  Let's look at it from your side then:

Since we cleared up that it costs $X,XXX to run the site per month and [b]you are using the site, why haven't you ponied up?[/b]

Principles?  Nah.....

View Quote
....You sound real smart, Im envious. My friend, may I call you my friend? Ignorance 'is' bliss, If you dont know, you dont give a rats ass. Why do you go to work,(or do you) it wouldnt be for the money would it? Hell no, Its not about the money _right_? I've never paid to go to any sites I visit. period. As has been stated by GB , this site is 'FREE'. As long as I've been alive its been about the money in one aspect or the other, I guess your independently wealthy.  [:|]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This crap is getting boring fast.

I wrote a long response, but I'm not in the mood to deal with it.

Re-read the post and email if you like. We need to cover expenses and we need to balance the BW and server loads as much as possible. If you can't understand, then just walk.

I can't be any clearer than that.
View Quote

No sir, it can't get any clearer!  

And GoatBoy is my newest bestest friend too!  Thanks for all your hard work!
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:17:25 PM EDT
[#39]

Hey! Who paid for Tailgates membership? [:)]

Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Since you or somebody else saw fit to censor yet another topic, I'll post my reply here:

Quoted:
The changes were posted about a month ago publicly and about 2 weeks before that in the member forum. (For discussion, warning, etc)

You should also read through this post and see my comments. I don't think you really care and simply are pissing and moaning... which brings up the question of why?
View Quote

I didn't see it, if I had I would certainly have pointed out how stupid such a decision would be. Did you make this decision? Can you explain to me why you removed "My Active Topics"? Just how is somebody supposed to check their posted topics now? You could do it with the Search function with minimal effort but now you can't do it at all. don't think you considered that when you did it.

Of course I care, why would I spend time posting about it if I didn't?
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Just how is somebody supposed to check their posted topics now? You could do it with the Search function with minimal effort but now you can't do it at all.
View Quote

You sure can! It's really easy, let me walk you through it.

Step 1: Aquire a notepad.
Step 2: Aquire a pen (or a pencil, if thats what suits you).
Step 3: Use pen (or pencil) to write down particular thread (the one to which you replied) url on said notepad. Heres an example:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/manageReply.html?action=quote&b=1&f=5&t=162966&r=1374809&page=4 (Make sure to write this down)

Hey! Whaddaya know! That happens to be this thread!!

Step 4: Type url address into address line on your favorite browser.

Step 5: Click the 'Enter' key.

There you have it!! Now wasn't that easy?

-T.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:09:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:20:37 AM EDT
[#44]
There are a number of forums I visit that now require registration to view certain things or to search.  This is the only site I've paid to visit.

This site is still free.  Only EXTRA features are charged for.  If you want to use the more b/w and cpu intensive functions, you have to pay for it.  

If a thread is important to you...bookmark it. If you want to search and not pay for it, there's always google.  That or shave your head and visit santa with "AR15.COM" in 2" letters on your bald head.

NOTHING on the internet is free, someone pays for it.  I pay to maintain a pair of low-bandwidth servers for myself on the net.  I know how much that costs me a month, I can only imagine how much that this site would cost.  In case people haven't noticed, there are more and more sites with "premium" content and memberships now than ever before.  Anyone remember Adcritic.com?  Go visit now.  It's $80/year or something.  
A friend of mine ran a website that, two years ago, went from being free to charging $10/year.  He lost a lot of subscribers.  

The reason that this is occuring internet-wide is quite simple.  Someone has to pay for a site to be on the net.  And since not all of us are the most benevolent millionaires out there, charging for memberships to maintain a site is merely one way to keep a site up and running.  

If you like this site, and want to see it continue, then you should find $20 to send it to help ensure its future.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:56:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Rimfirecentral.com is a good site though has only about 1/5 as many features as this site. You have to be a member ($20.00 a year I think) to even post. I'm not sure what other charges may be. Ante up guys/gals. For the cost of two movie tix, a box of popcorn, and a drink, you may get 3 hours of enjoyment. That same $20.00 here will last a year!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:00:03 AM EDT
[#46]
I don't mind paying.

However, how many of us lurked here for weeks, before making a first post, learning and absorbing the info available via the Search Engine?

The Search Function gives lurkers a taste of the WEALTH of knowledge that this site offers.
Take it away, and we will be flooded with Newbies asking the simplest, most redundant questions.

How about an AK vs. AR thread every two days?

That's what No Free Search will bring.

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:32:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would be the idiot that recommended the tiered membership and limiting the search function.

The Administrator if this site would be the "idiot" who decided it needed to be done.  I would kindly suggest you not bite the hand that feeds you...  You pay nothing to play here, if you are going to play here than play by the site's rules and show a little respect to those who let you ride along for free.
View Quote

I'd gladly contribute to this site on its merits for $20 a year if the mods would cut down on the censorship (I'd even pay $50 per year). But saying I have to pay it just to have a search function? You can KMA.

Things like spellcheck I can understand, they are totally non-essential and besides you can just compose them online in your favorite word processor. IMs, too; just too costly and unnecessary. But an essential service like Search?

BTW Goatboy the "My topics" function doesn't seem to be working; none of the topics I've posted in today are showing up there. Is it just me?
View Quote

Kroagnon, you annoy me. For your information, one of the most successful, independent websites to come out of the post-dot com era is Fark.com. They have a massive membership list that pays $5 a month for a complete archive access. They make more money than you do.

Maybe you should spend time using the free search function at "another gun website" (ahem... mentioning no names of course...).
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:50:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Principles?  Nah.....

View Quote
....You sound real smart, Im envious. My friend, may I call you my friend? Ignorance 'is' bliss, If you dont know, you dont give a rats ass. Why do you go to work,(or do you) it wouldnt be for the money would it? Hell no, Its not about the money _right_? I've never paid to go to any sites I visit. period. As has been stated by GB , this site is 'FREE'. As long as I've been alive its been about the money in one aspect or the other, I guess your independently wealthy.  [:|]
View Quote

See the point was so pointless, you missed it.

I was basically agreeing with you that YES IT IS ALL ABOUT THE BOTTOM LINE.  WHICH IS WHY HE NEEDS TO HAVE PAID MEMBERSHIPS.

An expense born by one individual (Goatboy) is a hardship, an expense born by those of us "interested parties" is a membership(paying members of AR15.com).  I guess you play golf for free? Or tennis? I bet you think you shoot at ranges for free too, huh?  BzzzzzzT!  Wrong.  Your tax money funds those ranges you think you are using for free.  That's not to mention the ones you pay by the hour to shoot at....[rolleyes]

Here's your award:

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=248[/img]

Don't buy the three cases of beer you planned on buying today and use that money to fund your membership.

[b]self-edit so as not to rile up the Goat. Sorry, he still gets the award though.[/b]  
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:18:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:36:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top