Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:07:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I think what Goat boy is saying is dont use terms like "Sand-nigger" Or "Dune-coon" when there are perfectly acceptable alternatives like "Camel-Jockey" &  "Rag-Head".  
View Quote

[u]LawDawg:[/u]  These comments just got you time in the penalty box...  A lot of time in fact!
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:23:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

PS:  For the record, if proof is found that the Taliban or the Afghanistan government funded or otherwise harbored the groups responsible for this attack, I’d like to see them wiped off the face of the earth and their country turned into a glass parking lot - but only in an appropriate PC manner.
View Quote

But what about the innocents!?[/sarcasm]
See, that's your problem. You can't figure out who your enemies are until they have screwed you. Then it's too late.
You have got to understand that there are bigger things than "being a nice guy". For instance, many people don't care if you are a nice guy who loves cats. If you get in the way of something more important like country or God, you are toast. Yes, those same nice people who helped you change a tire are capable of being your worst enemy if you get in their way.
Recognize who your potential enemies are.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:42:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

PS:  For the record, if proof is found that the Taliban or the Afghanistan government funded or otherwise harbored the groups responsible for this attack, I?d like to see them wiped off the face of the earth and their country turned into a glass parking lot - but only in an appropriate PC manner.
View Quote

But what about the innocents!?[/sarcasm]
See, that's your problem. You can't figure out who your enemies are until they have screwed you. Then it's too late.
You have got to understand that there are bigger things than "being a nice guy". For instance, many people don't care if you are a nice guy who loves cats. If you get in the way of something more important like country or God, you are toast. Yes, those same nice people who helped you change a tire are capable of being your worst enemy if you get in their way.
Recognize who your potential enemies are.
View Quote

I believe your statement is true.  However, it can be applied to someone of any race...such as Timothy McVeigh.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:57:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks GoatBoy.  Well said.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:06:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I throw in with the Goat on this one, both feet.  Its not bad enough that we had our asses handed to us by a group of dogmatic fundamentalists who paint with a broad brush, now we have to put up with the same thing from within.  That fucking S.O.F. attitude of "Shoot'em all, let God sort'em out"  absolutely will not play.  You beady eyed morons need to realize if you go leveling everybody with Arab backgrounds, our position in the world ain't going to get any better.  If we strike back without thought and foresight to the consequences, [i]we become no better than the bastards that did this thing[/i].  

Keep that anger, focus it into a productive act, but if you can't be responsible and show some intelligence, shut the fuck up.  Goat, sorry I didn't get to your back before now.

shooter [sniper]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:06:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree GoatBoy. I didnt see everyone screaming redneck and trailer trash when McVeigh bombed the OK federal building. No one was talking about killing all the whites then were they. This is the same situation. Know your enemy then destroy (just what happened to McVeigh).

Ranger Out
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:17:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Bin Laden and the militant Muslim fundamentalists are to Islam what the KKK and white supremists(sp?) are to Christianity.

And caught in the middle is the other 99.9% of both religions.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:34:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I think what people need to realize is that the Muslim faith teaches hate in almost [b]EVERY[/b] Mosque in the middle east.  You would be hard pressed to find a single middle eastern Mosque that doesn't talk about the "West" as the "great Satan".

Even in this country the majority of the Mosques which give their sermons in Arabic preach hatred of the "western culture".  They hate the fact women live free in our culture and they teach all non-Muslims are infidels.  A recent article by a CBS reporter in Detroit cast light on the HUGE number of Mosques which teach a steady diet of hate in their Arabic encrypted sermons.  She said it was "chilling" and "terrifying" to hear what they preached in almost every Mosque they visited.  This article was printed in 1998.  She warned that America had an enemy brewing within and that attention should be paid... which of course we didn't.

Goatboy, do you think the Vets in Vietnam were wrong to call their enemy "charlie", "gook", "zipper head", etc.?  They weren't calling [b]ALL[/b] people of Asian decent these derogatory names, only those who they were fighting.  Even American's of Asian decent used these terms to describe their North Vietnamese enemies.

If I were to use a derogatory term to describe our enemies (terrorists), it would be ONLY THEM whom I am targeting.  If I called our new enemy (see terrorist) a "raghead", I wouldn't do so to all Arabs around the world, only those who we are fighting with.

Tell ya what, go stand at the hole in the ground where the World Trade Center was located and lecture people about their use of derogatory terms to describe [b]those responsible[/b] for this act of war.  See how many fellow PC'ers you find in the crowd.

This [b]is[/b] your house and if I choose to visit it (which I do), then I will abide by your house rules.  Not a problem.  I even respect you for this position.  :)  I also know you've probaby gotten emails from fellow American's whom are offended by the terms used on this site so you feel compelled to take action.  Even though these people may mis-understand what's happening, they still apply pressure on you to act.  That's something many of us may not understand, but I do.  I might not respond to this pressure the same way you do, but then it's not my house.  I don't fault you for doing what you think is right.

But please, don't be a hypocrite and call your fellow American's "racists" because they choose to apply slang terms to our enemies.  Having apparently been former military you must remember a time where you used a few choice words to describe your enemies.  I personally feel we have the right to call them anything we wish, the more derogatory the better.  But I can honor and respect your position that you don't want that here.  I also know you share the same outrage we do and I in no way mean to belittle your own personal rage or to imply you're on their side... that's not what I'm saying.

Please don't take offense to what I've written here.  I'm not slamming you or trying to "dis" you.  All I'm asking is that you understand that many of us feel the use of these terms (directed to our enemies, not to all Arabs and Muslims in general) are perfectly acceptable.  And please refrain from name calling yourself simply because you don't agree with our point of view.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:43:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You beady eyed morons need to realize if you go leveling everybody with Arab backgrounds, our position in the world ain't going to get any better.  
View Quote

You obviously have no concept of our enemy or their way of thinking.  But that's ok, you probably just realized they were our enemy last Tuesday and haven't given much time to studying them or the basic underpinnings of their beef with us.

Even if we give all the thought in the world to who we strike back at and how we strike, we [b]still[/b] won't gain in popularity with any of these people.  If we assassinated Bin Laden himself and didn't so much as break a window in the process, they would come at us with rejuvenated resolve.

We can never improve our position with these people.  They hate us for being alive and no military strike, regardless of how precise, will change this fact.  If we drop one bomb in retaliation our "position" with these people will degrade even further regardless of the target.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:58:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Keep in mind that in Afghanistan alone, there are Muslim and Islamic forces in the middle of a CIVIL WAR against the Talaban. That means that there are Arabs out there who are not waiting for us to fight the evils of the world. Would you want us to wipe them out as well???
View Quote

Please don't assume just because the Northern Alliance is fighting with the Taliban that they are sympathetic to our country or cause.  The internal factions fighting for control of Afghanistan aren't our buddies and they aren't fighting for us or our country.  They are fighting for their own political gains/purposes and we have little or nothing to do with it.  Many of those fighting the Taliban hate us just as much as the Taliban does.

What about Americans of Arab decent??? They are in Terror and full of anger and hatred as much as many of us, but now they have become a target, just as the TERRORISTS wanted. They've gotten us to turn on our own and continue their work of spreading fear.
View Quote

I'm not calling for the destruction of Mosques or persecution of Americans of Arab decent.  I find it offensive you would suggest that's my intention or that I somehow support such actions.  Please don't read into my post, it stands quite well on its own merit.  There is no need to imply that I support internal terrorist acts.

Not all Arabs or Muslims are our enemy, I was trying to convey the exact opposite which I believe is quite apparent in my post.  I however believe it is prudent for all American's to be cognizant of the fact many Muslims both foreign and domestic despise our country and way of life.  Unfortunately there isn't a patch on their shirt or a tattoo on their forehead identifying them... so a hidden enemy exists in our ranks which we must address or fall victim to them as this war increases in intensity.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:25:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I throw in with the Goat on this one, both feet.  Its not bad enough that we had our asses handed to us by a group of dogmatic fundamentalists who paint with a broad brush, now we have to put up with the same thing from within.  That fucking S.O.F. attitude of "Shoot'em all, let God sort'em out"  absolutely will not play.  You beady eyed morons need to realize if you go leveling everybody with Arab backgrounds, our position in the world ain't going to get any better.  If we strike back without thought and foresight to the consequences, [i]we become no better than the bastards that did this thing[/i].  
View Quote

You're being a hyprocrite.  Wasn't you who posted this:

Quoted:
What a miserable, Godforsaken (Allahforsaken?) spot. No wonder BinLaden always needs a bath:making this place into a parking lot looks like it would be an improvement. At least it would be level and clean. Remembering that the Soviets fared so well there, I did a little research: www.governmentguide.com/govsite.adp?bread=*Main&url=http%3A//www.governmentguide.com/ams/clickThruRedirect.adp%3F55076483%2C16920155%2Chttp%3A//www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/af.html.

Since a few low yield nukes would actually improve the place, send'em the bill for the work. YoMama BinLaden is a 'rich businessman',
he can pay for it.

In all seriousness, that is going to be a truly shitty place if we send troop over there. The terrain makes West Virginia look like Kansas, there is no infrastructure, roads are lousy, and the place in landlocked. Iran is to the West, Pakistan to the southeast, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan to the northeast. I think India may even finger the northeast corner. Hard to get into and out of, not to mention move around in. This is going to be interesting.

the shooter
View Quote

If you've changed your mind, please go clear this up on your other "kill'em and and let God sort'em out" post.  Until then, don't lecture others.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#14]
This thread is becoming EXACTLY what it was attempting to put an end to...

We're on the same side guys, so turn all of your energies into prayers for NYSHOOTER!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top