Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 1:08:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably the most likely of events (depending on where you live) would be civil uprest/looting during a natural disaster. We don't get many natural disasters in northern WI but I'm prepared for that just the same. It would probably be best to escape/evade with your family as opposed to making a stand in your home (unless you have a mini-gun with unlimited ammo). Just look at how many South African land/farm owners have been killed by roving gangs of thugs. These owners are well armed and some even employ private security forces, but if you stay in one place it's only a matter of time.

WB
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You ever see the last fifteen minutes of RAMBO, Fist Blood?

Thats my plan.[heavy]
View Quote

In the end of First Blood, Rambo got caught.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, down here in Cajinland those who attempt to harm us get field dressed, cooked and eaten!  Thus food storage is not necessary.
Anyway, living rurally has its advantages, but it is best to be prepared.  As I teach in my CCW classes, Just like fire drills, one should prepare to defend and survive ANY crisis situation. Even though those around me find it hard to understand, I know that I HAVE to be prepared because they will be looking to me when something serious does happen.  I take that responsibility very serious.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got at least three people in my immediate vicinity that would be meeting up at my place in a SHTF scenario.

All my neighbors know I'm a gun person.  My neighbor across the street nearly turned white when I checked my AR-15 to make sure it wasn't loaded before transporting to the range.

Remember the
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 2:39:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have relatives that own 300+ acres on a large Canadian island that have invited my dad, myself, and our families to stay with them if SHTF, because we are good shots and have the arsenal.

The only problem I see is getting there.  I used to live in northern MI and could have canoed there (see my alias) in a few days (add a couple if bad weather).  Now if I where to have to canoe from SE MI I'm looking at at least 8-10 days in good weather.[:)]
View Quote

Well Green_Canoe, I too am in SE lower Michigan, and while I have some possible team members locally, I'd be glad to have You and Your's team up with Me and Mine if the SHTF! I also have land "Up-Nort"(Westbranch area). We could sit it out there or leap-frog to Your friend's place.

Drop Me a line, I'll fill You in.

[b]ANYONE ELSE????[/b]

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#6]
So what about when your area is QUARANTINED for SMALLPOX.  Are you gonna stay put and possibly watch your children and yourself die waiting for vacination?  Will you head for the hills and possibly spread the virus to others?  I have only seen pictures of smallpox but it looks horrific.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#7]
plan, yes.
operating alone, no.
   Me and the family, until I reach the rally point.
out
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 5:32:30 AM EDT
[#8]
[red]DUUUCK AAAND COVER[/red]

What did you do last September 11th and 12th?
We did not know who was attacking the US. It could have been a SHTF for all we knew. The USA went about its business and watched more TV.

If there is an invasion through the California shores I expect all invaders to be riddled with rimfire and '8s from Imbroglio's arsenal.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 6:17:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I will be commanding the local FEMA team and we are here to help all of you!
[:o)]
1)First thing we do is disarm all of you to prevent looting.
2)Seize "hoarded" food & supplies
3)Restrict civil liberties during this time of crisis. The Patriot Act to the next level.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 11:34:20 PM EDT
[#10]
no real plans, but a few ideas
would probably be alone until I could get to where my parents and brother live since my friends aren't into guns and a SHTF scenario would probably require some weapons usage. Although if the situation allowed it, I'd allow my friends to travel with me if they brought their own supplies
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top