Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 9:45:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Nobody just leaves this kind of firearm up in the mountains. I can just see it....

"I cant believe it guys, I forgot my .50 up in the mountains after shooting today!"  "Should we go get it?"  "Nah, thats alright."  "Its just the .50"

This stinks to high heaven.
View Quote

The guy who found it and the feds must have walked right over the body of the owner.  "From my cold, dead hand......"

(being sarcastic)
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 11:49:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I heard a rumor that the rifle belonged to Dan Fong.
View Quote

?? I suppose we should know who that is, but I don't.  Only guess I could make is some guy they were trying to bust and he wound up high tailing it into the desert or hills back there somewhere.

WTF?
View Quote

Dan Fong is a character from "Unintended Consequences" who laid the smack down with a .50 rifle.
View Quote

Isn't Dan Fong from Patriots: Surviving the upcoming collapse?
View Quote
Correct, the author is James Wesley Rawles.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quick,you guys.  If it was a Maadi Griffin, are they accurate?  On ABC news tonight, they were talking about how security had already had paid off because they found a sniper rifle with 300+ rounds of ammo.  I want to fire off a response telling them that they are full of it and that a hunter found it, not security.  Was it 5 mile or 20 miles?  
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
the guy that turned it in is a fucking idiot!!

i would have been like hmm its got a serial number its not a NFA weapon' SCORE!!!
View Quote

Its not an NFA weapon yet!
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Tell them the truth Larry.

That in the frenzy to make a mountain out of a mole hill that the media has stated it as found 5 miles away and also 20 miles away. Which is it? Ask them to get their facts straight. (Like that'll happen. [rolleyes])
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is the e-mail I sent them:

I just watched your evening newscast.  In your story about security at the Olympics, you mentioned that security had already paid off because they found a "sniper" rifle and over 300 rounds of ammunition.  Can you please get your facts correct and stop sensationalizing and distorting the facts to suit your own anti-gun slant?

First, it was not found by security, it was found by a citizen over five miles (or twenty miles, depending on which report you read) from the nearest Olympic venue, out of range for any rifle regardless of what Schumer and Feinstein would have the public believe and you guys certainly help to spread these falsehoods.

Second, it was not a "sniper" rifle.  It was a Maadi Griffin rifle from what I am able to gather on this incident. Hardly a sniper rifle.

Third, it was rusted and inoperable according to the Utah governor.  Hardly a threat and not linked to any plan to attack the Olympics.

Please stop putting your own slant on the news.  You are supposed to report the facts, not further the political agenda of a few power hungry politicos, and that is all gun control advocates are.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:24:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quick,you guys.  If it was a Maadi Griffin, are they accurate?  On ABC news tonight, they were talking about how security had already had paid off because they found a sniper rifle with 300+ rounds of ammo.  I want to fire off a response telling them that they are full of it and that a hunter found it, not security.  Was it 5 mile or 20 miles?  
View Quote

From what a guy on here from Utah said the hunting season has been closed for couple of months! sounds to me someone like ATF. laid the rifle up there, OH! MY! FOUND AN EVIL WEAPON.
sounds like some stunt they would pull off.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#8]
On another note.

It finally occured to me in my flu-clouded-sleep-deprived state of mind why the media is so worried over the "find" of this rifle and ammo.

We know McUzi was/is in the process of reinventing the GyroJet projectiles.

Well add that to Birdman's MicroNukes [url]http://www.birdman.org/products/Nuke50.htm [/url] and there you have it.

Simple as 1,2,3.  [whacko]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:22:11 AM EDT
[#9]
More evidence that there's something very, very wrong with the story:

[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/625433/posts[/url]  (post # 12)

To: B4Ranch

Sorry no link but a first hand account of the fact that the area where the "BMG in a Box" was found has been under an average of 40 inches of snow pack since November time frame and an alledged coyote hunter stumbled on it............uhhh huh, sure he did !

Come's directly from a old friend (trusted) who is a LEO in Salt Lake area.

Stay Safe ....

12 posted on 2/10/02 6:37 PM Pacific by Squantos
View Quote

I don't think the CIA is behind this.  They would have created a plausible story.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:46:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Story which appeared a few days later in the same paper ([url=http://www.sltrib.com/02052002/utah/173710.htm]Salt Lake Tribune[/url]):

[i]A .50-caliber sniper rifle found by a hunter in the mountains of Wasatch County was [b]more than 20 miles away[/b] from the Olympic cross country skiing venue, police said Monday.

Earlier media reports [/i]([b]including one of our own, although we won't admit it![/b])[i] had said the rifle, which can pierce armor and be used on targets more than a mile away, was found Jan. 26 stashed in a metal box some five miles away from the Soldier Hollow venue.

View Quote

Remember this?  I just clicked on the link for the follow-up story and got this:

"The file you requested either does not exist or has been moved."

Try this:
[url]http://www.sltrib.com/2002/feb/02052002/utah/173710.htm[/url]

This URL has "/2002/feb" right after ".com"

Skibane's link worked just fine before.
WTF?  Note that his post does not say "edited" at the bottom.

Bearlaker's post that started this thread also does not say "edited". The link in that post is in the same format as the one I supplied (above, under "try this") that [b]works[/b] for the follow-up Tribune article.

So neither post says "edited".
The links in both posts worked before.
Now one (skibane's) doesn't.  But it wasn't edited.

[red][size=6]WTF?[/size=6][/red]
[green][size=4][b](reaching for Reynolds Wrap)[/green][/size=4][/b]

By the way, if you want to save a copy of either or both articles, do it now.  They could be moved to the archive at any time, though I think that hasn't happened because at least the later one is on a sidebar.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:48:05 AM EDT
[#11]
The hunter opened the box at home"...
View Quote

What kind of idiot would drag a heavy box marked "EXPLOSIVES" all the way to his house, then open it to see what's inside????

Looking at all the facts, this is definately an anti-gun setup.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top