Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:18:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two..

#1.. My father in law tells a tale of his early hunts.  His father and uncle had shot a deer and tied their rifles to it planning to drag it to a better spot to clean it.....

However the buck had other ideas and "woke up" while they were draggin it along.....

Off it ran with three rifles tied to its back!!

#2.  When I was just started hunting my buddy shot a doe that "scampered" across the property line into the anti hunting neighbour ( ok soooo maybe we were lost!!).  We carried that doe about 300 m out of no mans land....  Since it was the first dead deer I had ever seen I was elected to clean it..... Simple task that I had studied in books.

I rolled her on her back and stuck my knife into the chest just below the ribcage....

BWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Was the sound I heard!!
FUCK!!  I yelled and jumped back sure that the doe would soon jump up and run.

Of course my knife had pierced the diaphragam which caused the airflow though the "voice box" and hence the sound.  My buddy was soon on his ass laughing at my folly!!

Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:27:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Zaphod: Field dressing or cleaning game is actually the defining moment in hunting. I've hunted with a couple of guys on their "first time" and they swore it off after dressing their kill. It's definitely the down side of hunting. However, it's actually not real tough to do, and "unusual" happenings are rare. I've never had anything strange happen to me-YET. Give hunting a go-you'll likely enjoy it. And BTW, the two guys that quit hunting after their bad experieneces still continued to go-though not to hunt-just to enjoy the camp comraderie. (you know, cards games, great food, drinking and talking about pu**y around the campfire)
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I read a "This Happened to me" story out of the 50th year of outdoor life that was all about a guy who got carried away twice while trying to cut the throat on a dead deer he had shot. What a maroon!
I think it was a "this happened to me" only magazine.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's a VERY fast and effective way of disconnecting the anus from a deer or other animal.   Just change the attachment to the appropriate size for the animal in question.

[img]http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/tw/traps/tt16.jpg[/img]

CJ

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Here's a VERY fast and effective way of disconnecting the anus from a deer or other animal.   Just change the attachment to the appropriate size for the animal in question.

[url]http://www.subtleenergies.com/ormus/tw/traps/tt16.jpg[/url]

CJ

View Quote
good one CJ
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top