Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#1]
That better be one hell of a dental plan in VA.

Enforcement of that shit will cause bloodshed.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:13:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Training classes alone aren't enough to make a felony, but I'd bet a training class plus a Boogaloo meme on your Twitter would be plenty for them to bring charges under this insanity. They know exactly what they are doing.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It is not poorly, but perfectly, worded. It enables them to use it towards the ends they desire.
View Quote
Yep.  Intentionally vague so it can be twisted to mean anything by an activist judge.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:14:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I can see how that could quickly apply to any regular pistol range or rifle range.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
2. Assembles with one or more persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with, or being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, intending to employ such training for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or
I can see how that could quickly apply to any regular pistol range or rifle range.
I predict Virginia State Police raiding the first Appleseed after this law is passed.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#5]
This is bigger than Virginia. Much bigger.

Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:16:51 PM EDT
[#6]
1. Teaches or demonstrates to any other person the use, application, or making of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, knowing or having reason to know or intending that such training will be employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or
View Quote
there go your AR15 Build Parties...

The State will assume it's for use in or in furtherance of a civil disorder -- depending on what The State considers a civil disorder....
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I can't wait for the Arfcops justifying using a Bearcat to take down a troop of Boy Scouts learning to shoot .22s
View Quote
Furtive movements.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
To be clear, this law is already on the books.  It is just looking to add paragraph 3 from the OP.
View Quote
except now you have a Dem Gov/LtGov/AG backed by a Dem legislature.

Which means the enforcement of the existing law will change radically.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Let the VA governor know what you think

cold link

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157910366636095&id=61634046094&anchor_composer=false
View Quote
like Governor Blackface is gonna GAF
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:21:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Whew, at least we Wayne LaPierre neutered the NRA
View Quote
FIFY....
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I predict Virginia State Police raiding the first Appleseed after this law is passed.
View Quote
My exact thought as an Orange Hat.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow. Unreal
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They are trying to out retard Commiefornia.
View Quote
Not trying. Doing.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#14]
What in the exact fuck?!

Learning firearm proficiency is illegal?

TRUMP needs to skull fuck these libs on Twitter. I sincere hope VA dems jumping the shark helps DJT get re-elected and RGB get replaced.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#15]
It’s crazy, but practically unenforceable.

Each requires they prove “intent”.

Intent “that such training will be employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder.”

Intent to “intimidate”

Good luck proving either one of those things.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:27:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yup. They will only keep chipping away until it’s all gone. Wonder what the inevitable ‘compromise’ will be
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's only one real way to stop this.
Yup. They will only keep chipping away until it’s all gone. Wonder what the inevitable ‘compromise’ will be
The only compromise they're interested in is one that end up with conservatives kneeling in front of a ditch with their goon squad putting a bullet in the back of your head.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

when we started Appleseed in 2006, we had cops sniffing around at the Ramseur range Appleseeds.  They were easy to spot: plainclothes, buzzcuts, black Ray-Bans, policed mooostaches, stern faces, kept asking about "we're here for the militia training. Tell us what you're teaching here. How are we gonna overthrow the government?"  Never brought their rifles to the line, just observed and left after a few hours.  But when asked, they denied they were cops.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Time to start looking for Black Friday deals on rope
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:28:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Intent “that such training will be employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder.”

Intent to “intimidate”

View Quote
intent will be inferred.  And it won't stop the arrests:  "you might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride!"
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Whew, at least we neutered the NRA
View Quote
If you are going to do the normal YAT_YAS community thing of showing up and having little if anything useful to actually contribute, then why are you here?
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#21]
So no more peaceable assembly, no more well regulated! No training Others to be safer, you know well it’s for the safety of the children! No more protests with evil scary guns and no more group range days! Hell no more Gunsmithing schools or even apprenticeships!
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I think some might need to read it a bit more carefully before reacting at Bugalú level.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:33:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Just donated to VCDL. Thanks for keeping us informed on here. Hope you guys get all this stopped.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:37:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let the VA governor know what you think

cold link

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157910366636095&id=61634046094&anchor_composer=false
Why?
Why not?
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#25]
NVM
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:38:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Incredibly unconstitutional.  It'll only be enforced and destroy lives for 15 years before SCOTUS can hopefully overturn it.

I think leftists are realizing that they can just flood the system with unconstitutional laws. They can pass them 100 times faster than the courts can overturn them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I think some might need to read it a bit more carefully before reacting at Bugalú level.
View Quote
How so?

The left thinks that anybody who is open carrying is doing so to intimidate them.

The wording of the law makes it open to interpretation and FEELINGS.

Are you reading it differently?
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:39:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Jesus that law would make the required CCW class in IL illegal.....I'm guessing the assholes in Chicago are taking notes
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
okay?
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Modern liberalism is dangerously ignorant.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

intent will be inferred.  And it won't stop the arrests:  "you might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride!"
View Quote
Oh I don’t disagree that a dick LEO will result in you taking a ride, but nothing is “inferred”.

It’s still in the state to PROVE that intent beyond a reasonable doubt.  That’s basicallg impossible, outside of something that blatantly states it
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Wow that’s insane sorry my Va friends.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:44:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
That’s what it’s going to take. People are fucking stupid.

Until we see a few Boy Scouts and local community members gunned down on CNN by jackboots, no one is going to take it seriously. Until local LEOs refusing to enforce this communist horse shit are murdered by jackboots from NOVA, no ones going to care.

No one will care until it touches their lives personally.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
That’s one of my concerns as well.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Didn't the Brits that marched on Lexington and Concord try to enforce the same kind of law?

Democrats are as bad (or worse) than the British that tried to oppress the Colonists.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:50:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Knowledge of this proposed bill needs to be spread nationwide.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:50:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Oh I don’t disagree that a dick LEO will result in you taking a ride, but nothing is “inferred”.

It’s still in the state to PROVE that intent beyond a reasonable doubt.  That’s basicallg impossible, outside of something that blatantly states it
View Quote
Sure, a lawyer will beat that charge. It’ll only cost $20,000.

Per.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Intent to “intimidate”

View Quote
That will all be after the arrest, after you mortgage your house to pay a lawyer... The state has endless funding and lots of lawyers on staff.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:55:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Somebody fell out of the dumb tree and hit every branch on the way down.
View Quote
Negative.....They are listening and do not like what they are hearing when it comes to folks referencing Virginia's Article 1 #13 of the Virginia Bill of Rights.

Article I. Bill of Rights

Section 13. Militia; standing armies; military subordinate to civil power

That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed......

The dems believe if they can pull the teeth of those who they see as trainers of militia it will somehow negate Article 1 #13 and that somehow the state controls the formation of citizen (the people) militias.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 8:56:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The bill's chief patron; Senator L. Louise Lucas

Does someone who's represented by her want to contact her office and explain that poor, Black and Latino communities would be disparately impacted?

Gotta use the language they know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The bill's chief patron; Senator L. Louise Lucas

Does someone who's represented by her want to contact her office and explain that poor, Black and Latino communities would be disparately impacted?

Gotta use the language they know.

the ironic thing here is this woman saw first hand what Democrats under Byrd were pulling on Virginians during massive resistance. Here she is, with her wallet padded, on the other side of the fence ready to stomp on the constitution to keep the little people in their place. It would be a shame if her many businesses were picketed.

Born Lillie Louise Boone Lucas on January 20, 1944 in Portsmouth, Virginia, Lucas attended the Portsmouth Public School System, including during their shutdown during Massive Resistance... She is President/CEO of Lucas Lodge, Lucas Transportation, Portsmouth Day Support Program and Southside Direct Care Provider organizations operating in The Lucas Professional Center located in Portsmouth. Economic development is Senator Lucas’ passion and she remains unwavering in her determination to build a hotel. ...Senator Lucas is the mother of two daughters, Lisa L. Lucas-Burke and Theresa Lynn Lucas-Lamb who partner with her in various business entities...
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 9:02:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That’s one of my concerns as well.
View Quote
I guess after the first one I'd worry that the next one would likely be bait.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That will all be after the arrest, after you mortgage your house to pay a lawyer... The state has endless funding and lots of lawyers on staff.
View Quote
We need to be getting state constitutional amendments on the ballot:

“The state shall be liable for all attorney’s fees, court costs, and all other legal costs associated with any arrest, trial, or civil proceeding in which the state is a party and the state does not prevail, does not bring a matter to trial, or if the case is dismissed with or without prejudice.”
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Oh fuck no, this is utter bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You all know what to do.
View Quote
Godspeed Americans! You'll be in my prayers, as I'm sure you'll all be doing your patriotic duty, and remember, even though you may only have one life to give for your country, Wade into it with regret that it's the only one you have to give.

Link Posted: 11/26/2019 9:11:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Wouldn't this apply to hunters safety courses?
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#47]
The first two clauses of this are already on the books in VA.

The only new thing is the prohibition on parading with intent to intimidate.  This is an open carry ban.  If someone feels scared when they see a gun they'll call you in for a felony stop.

Read page 85 of below link:

Georgetown University › law › ...PDF
Web results
Prohibiting Private Armies

Summary of paramilitary laws
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 9:14:19 PM EDT
[#48]
That's what a shithole state looks like
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 9:14:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Yeah, but if CCW is legal, and if training is still required, then it is contradictory to break a law to comply with the law.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Incredibly unconstitutional.  It'll only be enforced and destroy lives for 15 years before SCOTUS can hopefully overturn it.

I think leftists are realizing that they can just flood the system with unconstitutional laws. They can pass them 100 times faster than the courts can overturn them.
View Quote
LOL.  Provisions one and two of the proposed law have been on the books in Va for decades.  Courts have made it clear there's no right to open carry (thanks Gov Reagan!).
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top