Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:00:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Sounds to me like you need to move to a better neighborhood.

That's a pretty stupid comment, this could have happened anywhere.

Good job on saving the baby Sir.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:03:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Feel bad for the kids. well done geting them out hope they catch the shooter.

ETA: i have problems with nextdoor too i dont know how i would react to something like that
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:29:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Good job getting those kids to safety!

+1
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:55:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Well Done
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:45:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Turns out, she was first hit with a hammer in the head, shot twice in the head and then stabbed in the head. As far as I know they have not found the perp..
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:47:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:49:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right, this was not a case of a stranger entering a house and murdering someone. I live in a low crime area. This guy just flipped on his wife, no good fvcker should have wasted himself, he is a coward. Wish he would have bought his anger over to my house, there would have been a very different ending.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:58:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right, this was not a case of a stranger entering a house and murdering someone. I live in a low crime area. This guy just flipped on his wife, no good fvcker should have wasted himself, he is a coward. Wish he would have bought his anger over to my house, there would have been a very different ending.

People don't "flip out", these things are usually a long time in coming. The signs are there, but the victims and people around them don't understand or care to do anything about them until too late.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:14:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Turns out, she was first hit with a hammer in the head, shot twice in the head and then stabbed in the head. As far as I know they have not found the perp..

OMG you have to be kidding!!
That's some serious shit, I don't know how a person could do this to another person.

The little kids are lucky the piece of shit didn't turn on them too!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:22:04 AM EDT
[#10]
This is so messed up.  Palmer, you're a brave man and you did the right thing looking after those kids.

Prayers sent for the children.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I hope they don't arrest you for something.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Damn. Just damn.

Those poor children.

You Sir, are an outstanding of a human being, a person and a gun owner.
I salute you!

You done good. I hope if I'm ever caught in a situation like that I can do as well.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:30:29 AM EDT
[#13]
You did right, Palmer.  Your actions resulted in saving that infant's life.  You've been upgraded to Hero in my book.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:32:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I'd love to have you as a neighbor.

Thank you for acting and being there for the kids.

Shawn
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:56:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll toss in for the Hero status too.  Great job, you can move in next to me anytime.  My prayers for the kids too
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:02:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Can you be MY neighbor?

The world needs more people like you... Sir.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#19]
All I can say is that I am sad for the kids. Such a waste. They are the real losers here.

You did well. I hope I can dig up such muster to do the right thing if ever faced with similar circumstances.

Most people would have done NOTHING.

You chose differently.

Thank you.

Prayers sent for the children.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Good reaction.

I hope whoever did this is exterminated in a very timly fashion.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:14:02 AM EDT
[#21]
good job, on getting those kids to safety.  I wonder whats gonna happen to those poor kids
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#22]
I want SteyrAUG and palmer to be my neighbors.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:38:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn dude!! what a shame!! How were the Cops toward you and what you did?

There were fine, I'm retired LEO. I just explained everything and showed my ID and CCW.

BTW, the body is still in the house. One of the detectives told me the baby has a fractured arm, I guess from mom falling on him.

Good job Palmer.  Prayers sent out to the kids.  You saved the little baby's life.  [Pat on the back.]

not to hijack the thread, but if you were anyone else, I think the proper term would have been, cuffed and stuffed.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:53:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Good job man.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Hi Palmer,

I think that what you did was great, and hopefully what I would have done in the same situation.

While I was trying to imagine the scenario, a few things came to mind and I would like your opinion, as well as that of others, about some variables.  What if the "husband" had also been attacked by an outside perp and after recovering stumled back into the main room where you found the mother?  What if he was then armed?  Does he know you as his neighbor?  

As I said, I hopeful that in the moment I would do what is most likely, and that the variables I introduced above are LESS likely to be what happened.  It's all really a "need to be there" type of situation, but just for the value of discussion I would like to know your thoughts.

TR
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Good thing you are retired LE.  Otherwise you would probably be suspect #2.  Good job saving the infant.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Good job.  Keep us updated.
Where are you in NY?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn dude!! what a shame!! How were the Cops toward you and what you did?

There were fine, I'm retired LEO. I just explained everything and showed my ID and CCW.

BTW, the body is still in the house. One of the detectives told me the baby has a fractured arm, I guess from mom falling on him.

Good job Palmer.  Prayers sent out to the kids.  You saved the little baby's life.  [Pat on the back.]

not to hijack the thread, but if you were anyone else, I think the proper term would have been, cuffed and stuffed.

While they did not cuff and stuff me. They did basically say that I had to stay with them and I had to be interviewed. They did take my PD ID card, CCW and drivers license and I was told to remain in the temporary headquarters, after about 30 min., I was told I could leave, basically just to my house two doors down and my ID was returned. There is at least seven witnesses that said they saw the husband leave minutes before I saw the body.

They found a BIG blood trail for about four blocks, detectives said he must have cut himself severely while stabbing his wife, it was that very thick, dark blood. They are assuming it's not the wifes blood, because the trail would have eventually got lighter and lighter as he walked away. This blood seemed to be from someone who was actively bleeding. The blood trail ended where he parked his truck.

Hope he bleeds like a stuck pig.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:36:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Where are you in NY?

Long Beach, Long Island.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Where are you in NY?

Long Beach, Long Island.

Hey Palmer , first good job , some people would have just walked away. I live in Valley Stream so I'm pretty close by .. I heard it on the news but they just said that she had been stabbed . man thats sad.

Take care ,

Jack

PS : You might want to be a little extra careful until they get this dude
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#31]
From one retired (retarded???) cop to another...damned fine job there! You can ride the river with me anytime!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll never monday morning quarterback you bro.

It's a great thing that you did.  Try to remember that tonight when you lay down to sleep. Just keep thinking about the kid that you saved, not the destruction that you witnessed. It's gonna be rough but you'll get through it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Hi Palmer,

I think that what you did was great, and hopefully what I would have done in the same situation.

While I was trying to imagine the scenario, a few things came to mind and I would like your opinion, as well as that of others, about some variables.  What if the "husband" had also been attacked by an outside perp and after recovering stumled back into the main room where you found the mother?  What if he was then armed?  Does he know you as his neighbor?  

As I said, I hopeful that in the moment I would do what is most likely, and that the variables I introduced above are LESS likely to be what happened.  It's all really a "need to be there" type of situation, but just for the value of discussion I would like to know your thoughts.

TR

There are so many "what if's" that we could go through and it's impossible to answer.  But in your scenario, I really can't tell you what I would have done, it would really depend on what was actually happening, his actions, his demeanor, what weapon he had, etc.. I did not know who committed the crime, if the husband came out with a gun, I would have tried my best to tell him I was a neighbor and was there to help the child, at the same time trying to get out of the house or take cover, before it got even more ugly.

What if, who knows?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Where are you in NY?

Long Beach, Long Island.

Hey Palmer , first good job , some people would have just walked away. I live in Valley Stream so I'm pretty close by .. I heard it on the news but they just said that she had been stabbed . man thats sad.

Take care ,

Jack

PS : You might want to be a little extra careful until they get this dude

As we all know, the media are a bunch of scumbag liberals, looking to air what they see fit. On the 11pm news last night(monday), they reported that the bodIES had been removed, mother AND DAUGHTER, to the medical examiners office.  In reality, all three kids ARE alive, one with a broken arm and the mothers body WAS NOT removed until 12pm today(tuesday).

Early this morning, the police allowed the media on the block and they were trying to get interviews from neighbors. They asked five of us that were standing in front of someones house if we would go on camera. I, of coarse, said take a hike.  A couple of the neighbors did do an interview.
I was asked four more times by one station. The reported finally asked why I would not interview, thats what I was waiting for. I unleashed such a rant about the media in general, not this particular station.

********On another update:

They searched the sewers for a few blocks and found a pick ax in one, on the next block over.  And  this is pretty fvcking mindless IMO, they gave the three kids to the husbands mother, who he lived with, ten blocks away. WTF sense does that make?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Long Beach
Woman found dead

Diane Malone was found dead in her home in Long Beach; police are seeking her estranged husband, David Malone

BY KEIKO MORRIS
STAFF WRITER

September 15, 2004

On Monday night, Rawa Lazaar saw her next-door neighbor's 5-year-old daughter crying hysterically in the window. The child came out, covered in what Lazaar thought was red paint, and asked her to come inside, because her mother wasn't moving.

When Lazaar entered the small Long Beach bungalow on Alabama Street, she saw the body of Diane Malone, her neighbor, and realized that it was blood, not paint, covering the little girl.

Nassau police say Malone, 32, a mother of three, had been stabbed and bludgeoned to death in her bedroom."It was such a shock seeing her in the house and I knew she was dead," Lazaar, 21, of Long Beach, said.

Lazaar fled the house, fearing the attacker might still be inside. Another neighbor called police and attempted to revive Malone. When Long Beach police arrived at about 9:30 p.m., they found Malone's other children, boys ages 1 1/2 and 3, also in the home.

The events that led to Malone's death are not clear. Police, who said the investigation is continuing, provided few details about the case and said they did not know whether the children witnessed the murder.

Malone was estranged from her husband, David, and had obtained an order of protection against him in July. Detectives said they have not yet been able to question him and would not say whether he was a suspect in the case.

"There are a number of people we would like to speak to," said Det. Lt. Dennis Farrell, commanding officer of the Homicide Squad. "Foremost amongst them is David Malone."

Neighbors and friends said they were aware the couple had domestic problems. And recently Malone had mentioned more than once that she feared the worst if she did not get out of her relationship with her husband.

"She said, 'You don't understand -- 16 years of my life I've been abused,'" Lazaar said, recalling her conversation with Malone just a few days ago. Malone had told her she felt her husband would kill her, Lazaar said.

Another neighbor, whose backyard abuts Malone's, said he was told the same thing. "She mentioned at a block party a few times that if she didn't leave at some point, then maybe she wouldn't be able to, that the worst would happen," said Joseph Schmidt, 55. Malone, he said, believed her husband was capable of seriously hurting her.

It was unclear Tuesday how many times police officers have responded to the home. In the past two years, Nassau police officers have been summoned twice after verbal arguments, and no arrests were made.

The order of protection did allow for curbside pick-up and drop-off of the children for visitation and communication between the couple solely to arrange these visits, police said.

In this quiet community of small bungalows not far from the beach, sound travels, and neighbors knew when the Malones fought, they said. Monday night, Lazaar said she heard David Malone shouting at the children to go to bed at around 8:30 p.m.

When she saw the little girl, Audrey, Monday night, she wasn't making much sense, Lazaar said. But Audrey did tell Lazaar that her father "was just there and he left to get help." Police have not confirmed the girl's story.

From what Schmidt could see, David Malone, who worked for a contractor, was a good father. Diane Malone, a striking woman, was well-liked by her neighbors, he said.

She would often jog on the boardwalk with her children in their stroller, Schmidt said.

Her family declined to comment and David Malone's family could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

Police have released a flier with a photograph of David Malone, described as 200 pounds and 6 feet, 1 inch tall, with a muscular build and short blond hair. Detectives are asking anyone with information about the case to call 800-244-TIPS.

www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-lb091404,0,1202637.story?coll=ny-top-span-headlines
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Long Beach
Woman found dead

Diane Malone was found dead in her home in Long Beach; police are seeking her estranged husband, David Malone

www.newsday.com/media/thumbnails/photo/2004-09/14246902.jpg

BY KEIKO MORRIS
STAFF WRITER

September 15, 2004

On Monday night, Rawa Lazaar saw her next-door neighbor's 5-year-old daughter crying hysterically in the window. The child came out, covered in what Lazaar thought was red paint, and asked her to come inside, because her mother wasn't moving.

When Lazaar entered the small Long Beach bungalow on Alabama Street, she saw the body of Diane Malone, her neighbor, and realized that it was blood, not paint, covering the little girl.

Nassau police say Malone, 32, a mother of three, had been stabbed and bludgeoned to death in her bedroom."It was such a shock seeing her in the house and I knew she was dead," Lazaar, 21, of Long Beach, said.

Lazaar fled the house, fearing the attacker might still be inside. Another neighbor called police and attempted to revive Malone. When Long Beach police arrived at about 9:30 p.m., they found Malone's other children, boys ages 1 1/2 and 3, also in the home.

The events that led to Malone's death are not clear. Police, who said the investigation is continuing, provided few details about the case and said they did not know whether the children witnessed the murder.

Malone was estranged from her husband, David, and had obtained an order of protection against him in July. Detectives said they have not yet been able to question him and would not say whether he was a suspect in the case.

"There are a number of people we would like to speak to," said Det. Lt. Dennis Farrell, commanding officer of the Homicide Squad. "Foremost amongst them is David Malone."

Neighbors and friends said they were aware the couple had domestic problems. And recently Malone had mentioned more than once that she feared the worst if she did not get out of her relationship with her husband.

"She said, 'You don't understand -- 16 years of my life I've been abused,'" Lazaar said, recalling her conversation with Malone just a few days ago. Malone had told her she felt her husband would kill her, Lazaar said.

Another neighbor, whose backyard abuts Malone's, said he was told the same thing. "She mentioned at a block party a few times that if she didn't leave at some point, then maybe she wouldn't be able to, that the worst would happen," said Joseph Schmidt, 55. Malone, he said, believed her husband was capable of seriously hurting her.

It was unclear Tuesday how many times police officers have responded to the home. In the past two years, Nassau police officers have been summoned twice after verbal arguments, and no arrests were made.

The order of protection did allow for curbside pick-up and drop-off of the children for visitation and communication between the couple solely to arrange these visits, police said.

In this quiet community of small bungalows not far from the beach, sound travels, and neighbors knew when the Malones fought, they said. Monday night, Lazaar said she heard David Malone shouting at the children to go to bed at around 8:30 p.m.

When she saw the little girl, Audrey, Monday night, she wasn't making much sense, Lazaar said. But Audrey did tell Lazaar that her father "was just there and he left to get help." Police have not confirmed the girl's story.

From what Schmidt could see, David Malone, who worked for a contractor, was a good father. Diane Malone, a striking woman, was well-liked by her neighbors, he said.

She would often jog on the boardwalk with her children in their stroller, Schmidt said.

Her family declined to comment and David Malone's family could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

Police have released a flier with a photograph of David Malone, described as 200 pounds and 6 feet, 1 inch tall, with a muscular build and short blond hair. Detectives are asking anyone with information about the case to call 800-244-TIPS.

www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-lb091404,0,1202637.story?coll=ny-top-span-headlines

Damn, quite a bit different from the first person account that I have NO reason to doubt. Where do they come up with this stuff? Hey Palmer, don't let this sway you any. Again, you did good (better than most of us probably could if we ever find ourselves in the same situation) and you did right. I'm sorry you had to deal with such a horrific situation. I am sadder that the kids are now without BOTH parents. But with all the horror, it sounds like at least one of the kids is alive tonight only because of you.

My hat is off to you sir. You have mas grande cajones sir.

Sounds like a wise decision avoiding the media as well.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:58:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Damn, I'm sorry to say that your heroic deed is overshadowed by my grief for the kids.  

I couldn't fathom losing my mother like that and actually witnessing it.  I hope if it was the ex hubby, that he kills himself also.  The kids are better off without a dad like that alive and kicking.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Where are you in NY?

Long Beach, Long Island.

NO SHIT!  I had no idea this was on LI!!!!  Too bad its not in my county, I could have been in arraignments watching this shit in the morning.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Damn she is ....was .....

Palmer first congrats on being such a brave person.  Do you have any trouble sleeping?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Good job sir!

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:54:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Have they caught the shitbag yet!  I hope he bleeds out.  Fucker deserves to be skinned alive.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:16:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Girl, 6, finds dead L.I.
mom soaked in blood

Girl cries, 'Can you come play
with me? My mommy's not moving'

BY RICHARD WEIR and MAKI BECKER
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Diane Malone, 32, told a neighbor she feared for her life two days before she was found bludgeoned and stabbed to death.
Estranged husband David Malone is wanted in brutal killing of his wife.
Drenched in her slain mother's blood, a 6-year-old Long Island girl made a desperate plea for help from the front window of her family's bungalow.

"Can you come play with me?" the child cried out to her next-door neighbor Monday night. "My mommy's not moving."

Rawa Lazaar, 21, ran into the Long Beach home and asked little Audrey Malone, who was in the house with two younger siblings, "Where's Mommy?"

She had her horrifying answer a moment later.

"At the corner of my eye, I saw the body," Lazaar said. "I said, 'Oh my God. This is not happening.'"

Diane Malone - a 32-year-old separated mother of three known in her neighborhood for her beautiful blond hair and sparkling blue eyes - had been bludgeoned and stabbed to death in her bedroom.

Her youngest child, 1-year-old Mason, was found seemingly unconscious on the floor next to her lifeless corpse.

"I thought he was dead, but he was in shock," Lazaar said. "Thank God he is okay."

Last night, Long Beach police were seeking to question Malone's estranged husband, David Malone, 35.

Both police and neighbors said there was a history of domestic violence between the Malones. The duo, who were separated several times, were often heard screaming at each in the middle of the street.

"There was a lot of unrest," said another neighbor, Joseph Schmidt. "We were all aware of it. ... He was a very threatening kind of guy."

Diane Malone was apparently trying to start a new life. She was seeking a divorce and had just started going to business school just days ago, neighbors said.

Two days before the slaying, Lazaar said, Diane Malone told her she feared for her life.

"She mentioned it many times over time: 'If I don't go, if I don't leave, I may never be able to,'" Schmidt.

Neighbors said David Malone had been at the house Monday night, and was heard screaming "Go in the room!" as one of the children cried around 8:30 p.m.

Lazaar said she didn't notice any other unusual activity until she walked out to put her laptop in her car about an hour later and saw a bloodied Audrey at the window.

All three children, Audrey, Mason and their 3-year-old brother, Stone, were at home when their mother was killed but none was physically harmed, said Detective Lt. Dennis Farrell, commander of the Nassau County homicide squad.

Yesterday, the children were safe with relatives.

"It's just devastating to me," Schmidt said. 'I'm very upset that the children were there."

Originally published on September 15, 2004

Diane Malone, 32, told a neighbor she feared for her life two days before she was found bludgeoned and stabbed to death.

Estranged husband David Malone is wanted in brutal killing of his wife.

www.nydailynews.com/front/story/232301p-199353c.html
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:20:43 AM EDT
[#44]
September 15, 2004 --

A Long Island woman was bludgeoned to death by her abusive husband — who fled the blood-soaked crime scene and left their 6-year-old daughter to find her mother's battered body, police and witness said yesterday.

Police were seeking David Malone, 35 — whose estranged wife, Diane, was about to divorce him — for her murder inside her Long Beach home.

Cops had been to the house on domestic-violence calls, and Diane had an order of protection requiring her husband to stay away from her and their children, police said.

The couple was in the process of getting a divorce. David Malone was living elsewhere, and it was unclear why he was at the house on Monday night, neighbors and cops said.

"He's threatened her before, but she said there was no violence and that she wasn't afraid he would hurt her," said her neighbor Jane Allison.

"She was more afraid he would hurt her financially, emotionally and psychologically, but never mentioned physical violence."

The horrifying scene was discovered by a neighbor after she spied their little daughter, Audrey, crying hysterically at the window of the Alabama Street home.

"She told me to come in the house and play with her," said the neighbor, Rawa Lazaar. "I asked, 'Why are you crying?'

"She came outside, and she had blood all over her. I thought it was paint at first.

"I walked in the house, and saw her mom lying on the floor . . . I knew she was dead when I saw her."

Allison, a registered medical assistant, said there was no way she could have saved the 32-year-old woman.

"I heard screaming about 8:30 p.m. and came outside, and it was quiet," Allison said.

"Then I heard a neighbor go into the house, and she was hysterical. I went in after her. I thought there was something I could do. I saw Diane lying there in a pool of blood.

"I tried to do something to stop the blood — I even tried CPR," Allison said. "But it was too late . . . There was no pulse."

Audrey, 6, and her brother Stone, 4, were both awake. Malone's third child, Mason, 20 months old, was sleeping in a bedroom.

Lazaar said she last spoke to Diane Malone the day before the murder.

"I told her, 'Why don't you work it out? You have three kids.'

"She just said, 'For the last 16 years of my life, I have been abused. If I stay with him and get back together, I'm scared that he will kill me.' "

Both David and Diane Malone had drinking problems and attended Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, friends and family said.

Diane was determined to beat her problems, and on the day she died she had attended an orientation at a business school. She hoped the classes would help her land a job.

"It's a shame. She was all excited about going to school and being able to support her kids without David," said a friend, Jamie Southard.

Additional reporting by

Kieran Crowley

www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/28627.htm
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:42:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Palmer, damn fine job.

What a shitty situation.

TXL
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:44:36 AM EDT
[#46]
So who's Rawa Lazaar?  I thought Palmer found Malone.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:50:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Well, palmer, that's what you get for not kowtowing to the media. No mention of you whatsoever.

And I'm not surprised. They have edited you out of history, just like Stalin having all those pictures of Communist Party conferences retouched, and people in the pictures "rubbed out" after he had the offending members liquidated and made into "unpersons".....
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:55:41 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

There's a lot of pent-up rage/frustration there, for somebody to do that to somebody that they
supposedly loved....

You did good! You probably saved the baby's life by your actions, which in itself says alot about you,
that you were actually willing to do so. So many people these days will stand around and look, but
won't do shit to help out for one reason or another.

Good man!

ETA: Prayers out for her family and the kids. Especially the kids, for having had to see that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:24:35 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
So who's Rawa Lazaar?  I thought Palmer found Malone.

Urgg, this is a long story. Diane Malone had a drinking problem and had been attending AA for about four months. Diane Malone met Rawa Lazaar at AA and became buddies. Malone was supposedly doing great, not drinking. Lazaar was still boozing while in AA. Lazaar told Malone she was looking for a place to live, because her lease was up on an apartment she rented somewhere and they were raising her rent too high for her to afford. Malone told Lazaar that the house right next door to her was looking for someone to rent to and that she new the owners and would get her in the house. Eventually Lazaar did move into the house right next door to Malone. Supposedly Lazaar got Malone back into drinking and she was at square one again. Malone was trying to break this "friendship", because she finally realized Lazaar was a no good loser. Lazaar is a freakoid wierdo, most of this I got from other neighbors who new Malone more than I.  

This is how much we should trust what the media reports. Lazaar never entered the house when I was there. I did not know this till later that night, but another neighbor, who is a retired nurse, entered the house after I took the kids out to see if she could start CPR. She later told me she felt the head wounds were too numerous and severe so she did not start CPR(brain on outside of skull), but she never saw Lazaar enter the house either.

Lazaar said the six year old was covered with blood, NOT!  The 1.5 year old, who was under the mother, was drenched in blood. The other two kids had none on them that I saw. After I saw the news that night, I saw Lazaar on TV and could not believe it,  WTF.  I went out to the Detectives and told them what she was saying, they already knew. He said she never told them any of what she told the media and they have no control over what she says to the media. As long as she does not give false statements to the police, they had no control over it.

This is the last post I will be making, I'am leaving for vacation tonight.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Word to the wise about media reports.  I have been at several incidents that were written up in newspaper reports that bore almost no resemblance to what actually occurred at the scene. They are usually edited by people other then the reporter prior to publication. Eye witnesses like neighbors also give false and misleading info to reporters.  The Pop-Po also withhold key info and may "seed" the story with false info to weed out the nut jobs who read the story and then call up to confess to the crime.

Palmer's account of the incident is more credible then the media reports.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top