Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 1:21:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was so completely disappointed by this movie.  Total crap.

I sort of agree, I cant stand how everybody sucks off J.J. Abrams. All the guy does is jerk around his audience.

Some people like to be mentally engaged in what they're watching, not just sit there, stare, and be spoon-fed a story because they're too lazy, or stupid, to think about it or use their imaginations.

Mentally engaged?
By 1-1/2 hours of jarring camera work that made it hard to watch?
The build up to a monster that was lame at best?
Or was it the crappy storyline and "done a hudred times over" save the girl plot?

While I enjoy a movie that keeps me guessing this was not one of them. If you thought it was, maybe you should be giving movie advice.

Agreed.

It's not like this is some groundbreaking work of cinematic art. It's a fucking monster movie, and a mediocre one at that. For all the hype that surronded this movie all we got in the end was a stupid love story.

"Hey guys I got a great idea! Even though my brother just got killed and half the city is on fucking fire. I'm gonna run halfway across town to rescue the girl who hours before I told to fuck off. Oh wait, you guys dont want to leave me behind? Well I dont care about your well being so feel free to tag along. Pay no heed to the 800ft monster that is destroying everything in its path. I'm sure my undying love for her will get us through!"

Thats pretty much the story. In the end common sense would have saved them a whole lot of greif.

How one would find that mentally engaging is beyond me. And "Viral Marketing" how ever clever it may be, does not make up for a movie that is lackluster on many levels.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 1:23:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I heard Hasbro is doing a toy of the monster. Maybe we will at least have 'some' idea what it looked like then
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was so completely disappointed by this movie.  Total crap.

I sort of agree, I cant stand how everybody sucks off J.J. Abrams. All the guy does is jerk around his audience.

Some people like to be mentally engaged in what they're watching, not just sit there, stare, and be spoon-fed a story because they're too lazy, or stupid, to think about it or use their imaginations.

Mentally engaged?
By 1-1/2 hours of jarring camera work that made it hard to watch?
The build up to a monster that was lame at best?
Or was it the crappy storyline and "done a hudred times over" save the girl plot?

While I enjoy a movie that keeps me guessing this was not one of them. If you thought it was, maybe you should be giving movie advice.

One of the big pulls of the movie (just like with Lost) is all of the web stuff that goes along with/contributes to the story. If you don't think looking it up is worth the time or energy, then you weren't the intended audience and it's no wonder you didn't like it.

And with hundreds, or maybe thousands, of monster movies that have been made, coming up with a monster that's completely original is pretty much never going to happen again, so that's a pretty weak argument. "The monster roared and was as big as a skyscraper, that's so been done before, gawd!"

OH, I know. I spent time researching just like everyone else that was standing in line to see the first showing. So please spare me I was not the intended audience crap. The movie, IMHO, sucked. Again, the story, LAME and beat to death. The "home video" filming, boring, distracting and not an original idea. And yes the monster, the montster was weak. Doesnt matter if you think there will be no original mosters ever again, the one in the movie was terrible. This movie was a lame attempt to try and cash in on name recognition. hardley cutting edge, hardley mentally engaging and a serious letdown.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 1:33:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How stupid do you have to be, to run TOWARD the monster?  Especially while the Army is poring fire into it!

Bet PETA would have.....trying to save the monster.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 3:40:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I heard Hasbro is doing a toy of the monster. Maybe we will at least have 'some' idea what it looked like then

14 inches tall with 10 parasites? I read that one.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top