Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 57
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Baseball Writers Association is the epitome of fake news. 
View Quote

lol they are pretty shitty, the entire voting process is shit, imho.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The guy who turned the completely blank ballot should be tarred and feathered.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will never forgive the Cy Young voters this year. 
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 3:21:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I will never forgive the Cy Young voters this year. 
View Quote

I have to agree with you on that. Imho, I think it should've gone to Britton, but out of the nominees, hands down it should've been Verlander.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#5]
The HoF voting process needs to be updated. I'll never forgive them for waiting for Santo to die to enshrine him.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Reports are coming in that Yordano Ventura was killed in a car crash last night in the Dominican Republic. Haven't seen anything official from the Royals yet but Dominican police say it's legit.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Reports are coming in that Yordano Ventura was killed in a car crash last night in the Dominican Republic. Haven't seen anything official from the Royals yet but Dominican police say it's legit.
View Quote

It's legit.

http://www.si.com/mlb/2017/01/22/royals-yordano-ventura-dead-car-crash?xid=socialflow_twitter_si
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's legit.

http://www.si.com/mlb/2017/01/22/royals-yordano-ventura-dead-car-crash?xid=socialflow_twitter_si
View Quote

Damn, same way his buddy from STL went out a few years ago.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#9]
jesus christ...

i was no Ventura fan but this is terrible.  prayers out to his family.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:56:18 PM EDT
[#10]
It's too bad about Ventura.  

Oscar Taveras dies a couple of years ago, now his best friend also dies. Plus we lost Jose Fernandez at the end of last season. 

Tragic. 
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Baseball has teh ghey

Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:06:26 PM EDT
[#12]
So 2 things worth posting about Indians baseball.

1. We're getting to host the all-star game in 2019

2. Apparently Im not the only one who shit talks Trevor Bauer on Twitter.-

ETA: This sites features are fucked. Way to fail.

Basically Trevor tweeted Kipnis "thanks for being a Team guy and hanging out with your teamates this weekend [at Tribefest]."                

He replies.

https://twitter.com/TheJK_Kid/status/825149871309025280

Savage AF.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:15:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So 2 things worth posting about Indians baseball.
View Quote

No one cares. 
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No one cares. 
View Quote

How bout them Tigers this year?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:17:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Hopefully the 2020 ASG comes to Wrigley.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:18:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
staying in the cellar again this year

https://whalen.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/bigredmachine.jpg
View Quote

Hey, the Pittsburgh Pirates will be fighting your Reds for that spot.
The feckless pirates owner, bob nutting, will make sure he doesn't spend for any talent, especially good pitchers.   He is content to just exist and get enough sucker fans to fill the stands to make money, along with Tv and revenue sharing.
Well, at least I have opening day and the magnetic schedule, and maybe star wars night to look forward to.

I don't think they would have had any winning seasons these past couple years but for MLB leaning on the nuttings to soend some money.   Well, that's over and back to another twenty years of pathetic BB in pittsburgh.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:23:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one cares. 

How about them? Full seasons of Fulmer and Norris, Verlander returned to form, walk years for JDMart and K-Rod, opt-out year for Upton. 

Looking for good things this year!
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:29:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

How about them? Full seasons of Fulmer and Norris, Verlander returned to form, walk years for JDMart and K-Rod, opt-out year for Upton. 

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one cares. 

Good. Looking forward to our matchups this year. Hoping Encarnacion works out and Brantly isnt gonna be Sizemore 2.0.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Again, congratulations to the Cubbies!

Very happy for all the players and their long suffering fans.

Yankees pursuit of #28 begins anew on opening day 2017.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:34:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Cubs inviting several dynamic prospects to camp.  Ian Happ is going to be a good one.  He was something to watch last year in AA.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Chris Correa, the guy who 'hacked' the astros is serving a fucking 46 month prison sentence and cards have to pay astros $2 mil and give up two draft picks to them
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Chris Correa, the guy who 'hacked' the astros is serving a fucking 46 month prison sentence and cards have to pay astros $2 mil and give up two draft picks to them
View Quote

Good, they used the info Correa got them (it's in the docs that were released concerning this decision) even if they didn't "know" that it came from hacking. Should have gotten the 1st rd pick that the Cards gave up when they signed Fowler.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Good, they used the info Correa got them (it's in the docs that were released concerning this decision) even if they didn't "know" that it came from hacking. Should have gotten the 1st rd pick that the Cards gave up when they signed Fowler.
View Quote

you think 46 months in prison is justified for something so asinine? and to be clear, i can't stand the fucking cardinals or their fanbase. but from what i recall the guy guessed on a password b/c the former card employee was too dumb to use a different one from the time he was with the cards.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:19:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

you think 46 months in prison is justified for something so asinine? and to be clear, i can't stand the fucking cardinals or their fanbase. but from what i recall the guy guessed on a password b/c the former card employee was too dumb to use a different one from the time he was with the cards.
View Quote

The Cardinals hacked the World Series!

Hey! 

Hey, what if was The Cardinals who hacked the election! Maybe when Clapper said it was The Reds he didn't mean the Russians, but The Red BIRDS!
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#25]
The Cards should be banned. They're morans.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:25:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your recollection is incorrect. Yes, he used a password that he guessed from one of the Astros employees, (not Jeff Luhnow as was reported originally) but then also acquired several other passwords, and accessed their system dozens of times over several years, effectively using the Astros Ground Control system as another scouting team. The Cards even drafted one of the players that the Astros were going after because of it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
staying in the cellar again this year

https://whalen.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/bigredmachine.jpg
View Quote

Me too.  This is what it feels like to be an Indians fan.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Your recollection is incorrect. Yes, he used a password that he guessed from one of the Astros employees, (not Jeff Luhnow as was reported originally) but then also acquired several other passwords, and accessed their system dozens of times over several years, effectively using the Astros Ground Control system as another scouting team. The Cards even drafted one of the players that the Astros were going after because of it.
View Quote

Ah, I stand corrected. I still think the term is extensive. Did you see his statement today saying astros were doing the same thing?
I know we shouldn't believe him, I just found it interesting.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:36:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

If your starting rotation is 100% I wouldn't be surprised to see the tribe right back in the WS. (Waiting for snarky Motown Steve comment)
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what it SHOULD feel like to be an Indians "fan."

That is the natural order. 
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Ah, I stand corrected. I still think the term is extensive. Did you see his statement today saying astros were doing the same thing?
I know we shouldn't believe him, I just found it interesting.
View Quote

Yeah, he's lying his ass off. The Feds investigated that side of it too (I mean, why not, they could get a charge of intellectual property theft against the Astros) and no dice. Correa said he was ostensibly using the login info he had to check to make sure the Astros weren't stealing the system the Cards used (which was set up and run by Jeff Luhnow when he was the scouting director for the Cards), but the dozens of times Correa used the info he had over 30 months proved that to be bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:33:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:41:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Is the green tips league happening this season?

I'm in if so.

And this is the Rangers year. Just like last year. And the year before that. And the....
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:54:52 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:17:47 AM EDT
[#35]

Where'd you cherry pick that from? Do you work for CNN?

Attachment Attached File

I'm not thrilled about them signing a 34 year old pitcher, but I don't think they really had any better options given that Ventura died 2 weeks ago and Spring Training is about to start.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:47:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Where'd you cherry pick that from? Do you work for CNN?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/257918/Hammel-141194.JPG

I'm not thrilled about them signing a 34 year old pitcher, but I don't think they really had any better options given that Ventura died 2 weeks ago and Spring Training is about to start.
View Quote

Go to Opponent, second frame and sort by ERA

Current Tigers are .299/.361/.563/.924 in their careers vs. Hammels
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#37]
so looks like MLB is going to try and set the strike zone higher (above the knees) and do away with intentional four pitch walks (they will just send the guy w/o him stepping to the plate)
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Hoping for some O's fireworks in 2017, and a nice long contract extension for Manny Machado, Zach Britton...

Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
so looks like MLB is going to try and set the strike zone higher (above the knees) and do away with intentional four pitch walks (they will just send the guy w/o him stepping to the plate)
View Quote

I don't like the automatic intentional walk idea.  And I doubt it will have any meaningful impact on length of games.  If MLB keeps screwing with the rules, they are going to be like the No Fun (Felon) League.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 8:04:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I don't like the automatic intentional walk idea.  And I doubt it will have any meaningful impact on length of games.  If MLB keeps screwing with the rules, they are going to be like the No Fun (Felon) League.
View Quote

Four pitches takes too long. Ten minute replays every other inning? That's fine.

The Bucs couldn't unload McCutchen, but can you blame the other teams? Who needs another anemic bat in their lineup? Maybe moving him to RF will help him defensively, but he's on the downhill slope of his career now.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 8:47:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fuck that rule change! 

Miggy turns attempted intentional walk into go-ahead single

Sanchez hits sac fly during intentional walk

MLB | Wild Intentional Walks HD
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Rangers need to get off their ass and sign Napoli to replace the Gold Glove 1B we let walk for no good reason.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That's what it SHOULD feel like to be an Indians "fan."

That is the natural order. 
View Quote

(still love ya buddy)
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:18:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Four pitches takes too long. Ten minute replays every other inning? That's fine.

The Bucs couldn't unload McCutchen, but can you blame the other teams? Who needs another anemic bat in their lineup? Maybe moving him to RF will help him defensively, but he's on the downhill slope of his career now.
View Quote

I know you were being sarcastic, but like another poster pointed out, sometimes weird things happen on intentional walks.  Further, how often do they occur?  Once every 2 or 3 games, if that?  Never thought about it before, but they don't happen every game for sure.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I know you were being sarcastic, but like another poster pointed out, sometimes weird things happen on intentional walks.  Further, how often do they occur?  Once every 2 or 3 games, if that?  Never thought about it before, but they don't happen every game for sure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And a lot of those fuck ups during intentional walks came in tie games, extra innings or late games. This rule change fucks the game because idiots who don't love Baseball get bored easy. 
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

And a lot of those fuck ups during intentional walks came in tie games, extra innings or late games. This rule change fucks the game because idiots who don't love Baseball get bored easy. 
View Quote

Exactly!

I get the Posey rule, although I'm not sure it was entirely necessary. But I can see the point of the change.

I get taking away the Home Field determining factor of the All Star Game. Now it's just a friendly game between leagues and means nothing. It takes away the significance to me, but I can live with it.

Shrinking the strike zone when batting averages seem to be going down seems counter-productive to me, but whatever. You want to get more people on base because it's "more exciting"? Move the mound back ten feet or lower the mound six inches.

But this?

I mean, never mind that fuck ups happen during Intentional Walks and can change the course of a game or even determine a post-season depending on the game. But the whole reason being that it takes too long and slows up the game is just galling when you consider how replays just bring the game to a standstill and take far longer than any Intentional Walk can. It gets even worse when you consider that managers can ask for a replay, umps can do it, and managers can ask umps to do it. And oh yeah, its done in NYC.

Bad calls happen. It's just part of the game. Bad calls giveth and bad calls taketh away.

I better stop before I get going on why replays are just plain Godless Communism.

Fucking replays.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 2:53:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

never mind that an intentional walk only takes ONE MINUTE. it's kind hard to speed up a game that doesn't have a  clock. i fucking love baseball and can't stand these asshats who want to 'speed things up' or 'cut down on game times' or 'make the game more exciting.' there is no other more dramatic and unpredictable sport in the world than baseball.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Hoping for some O's fireworks in 2017, and a nice long contract extension for Manny Machado, Zach Britton...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/10331/osfireworks-141598.jpg
View Quote

right!? both got through arbitration and are gtg for next year. there's no way they can't sign manny to a longer term multi million dollar contract. he's such a young stud.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 57
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top