Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:29:54 PM EDT
[#1]
why dont we bring up the idea that as the primer fires it should somehow mark the bullet with the name of the shooter and his address. its foolproof, the bullet is always left behind even if the shell isnt( revolver)  and then the police will be able to solve all gun crime instantly... yeah its stupid but no stupider than the idea that 3000 rounds later that gun will leave the same mark on a primer or that a fired case out of a virgin barrel will solve a crime by matching the rifling marks to a barrel that had 3k rounds fired through it. but the more regulations and ways to prevent different types of guns from being made is the goal. this will go on until they get gun manufacturers to stop making new guns because it will be too hard to sell them( every change requires a new drop test even if its just a different set of serations) ulitmately when a new model coming out will be on new model every few years they will be able to argue that it is reasonable to have all kinds of safety features in new guns.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Reasonable and common sense........IF you own the patents and want to screw gun owners.

FBHO
FHRC

My guns have NOT been used in crimes.  So, tell me again why this is suppose to be a good idea?

Oh yeah.........every gun owner is a potential killer and every woman with a pu$$y is a potential whore.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah because CoBIS worked so well
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So...  Devils advocate time.

Let's say microstamping actually works.

How long will it last on the firing pin before it is just a normal dimple?
View Quote

That's part of why it doesn't work.

There is no such thing as microstamping.

Tool marks are one of many ways to identify a tool and match it to something it came in contact with.  Tool marks have a huge number of variables and in firearms, those marks change over the life of the firearm.

Too many people watch CSI.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#5]
How long will the little numbers last on Wolf hard primers, or a couple of high pressure pierced primers?

Sand paper, file, etc? If you own one, is that Constructive(Destructive) Intent?

ETA: Semi Autos and High capacity Magazines for EVERYONE!

Leave as much evidence as possible
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:51:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Tool marks are one of many ways to identify a tool and match it to something it came in contact with.  Tool marks have a huge number of variables and in firearms, those marks change over the life of the firearm.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

In reality, most of the techniques used in police forensics would never pass serious scientific muster.

To say nothing of the stuff that people see on CSI.

DNA and fingerprints are probably the only shit that's worth much.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:53:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

ALL manufacturers need to pull their contracts with State and Local Law Enforcement agencies in any State that requires stupid shit like microstamping or biometric "smart" guns.
I know the good LEO's on here will disagree with that, but it's the only way to get these stupid legislatures to shut the fuck up about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a whole host of reasons why micro-stamping will not work and everyone knows it.
But it will 'work" in discouraging some firearms manufacurers from selling in CA and NY. You think Wilson combat is going to make NY and CA specific 1911s with microstamping?

ALL manufacturers need to pull their contracts with State and Local Law Enforcement agencies in any State that requires stupid shit like microstamping or biometric "smart" guns.
I know the good LEO's on here will disagree with that, but it's the only way to get these stupid legislatures to shut the fuck up about it.

Nope. All for it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#8]
This has come up before.  Way too many problems associated with this idea.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

There is a whole host of reasons why micro-stamping will not work and everyone knows it.
View Quote

I think I need to polish my firing pin...
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Why don't they just put micro chips in bullets ?

Or......they could just make a law making it illegal to shoot people.
View Quote

It would make too much sense to make shooting people against the law...oh wait...
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm sure our LEO brothers will be vocally against this, right?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Pure idiocy and nonsense!

Of course no gun manufacturers have implemented microstamping, with the result that no new semiauto handguns are being submitted to California for its ridiculous testing.

THAT WAS THE WHOLE IDEA!  The authors KNEW that would happen, and so did our AG Kamala Harris when she pulled the trigger on the law by "certifying" that the legal hurdles to starting manufacturing guns with that feature had been overcome.

One small problem, nobody is actually MAKING guns with microstamping, and nobody has announced any intent of doing so.  It's like the IPv6 of the gun world - Microstamping will never see the light of day on any mass-produced weapon.

That was EXACTLY the intent of the authors and of Kamala Harris.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not democrats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not democrats.

Or just flat don't care
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I already have a solution in place.

http://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/DRCC/DRCC19/RugerSP101-L.jpg

View Quote

No doubt that the law will require you to dump your brass on the ground near your victim.

You will follow the law after you kill someone, right?

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:10:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Or just flat don't care
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not democrats.

Or just flat don't care

Their attitude is "anything to fuck 'em up."
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How exactly is one supposed to buy spare parts?  Or will that be illegal?

Every criminal will simply file down that firing pin, yo.

So who's going to start collecting fired brass from ranges to scatter randomly for lulz or to purposely contaminate a crime scene?
View Quote

Then they'll have illegal full auto right?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#17]
And all I need is a file.

Plenty of nonstamping guns out there already, I'm not going to let .gov have any of those, and it would be impossible to prove if they made defacing the microstamp a crime (it isn't yet, don't get your coc in a bunch).

In short, it won't stop even the barely paying attention criminal types, and law abiding citizens don't go around committing crimes anyhow....so it would be very unlikely that their scheme would do shit.

Aaannnndddd they still have to link the gun to the crime to the shooter.

Also, how many rounds till the microstamp stamper wears out?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But it will 'work" in discouraging some firearms manufacurers from selling in CA and NY. You think Wilson combat is going to make NY and CA specific 1911s with microstamping?

Agree.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Do these retards not realize you can replace firing pins?
View Quote
Or smooth it out slowly with a very fine file or wet stone?

Democrats are retards
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I reload.  what are the odds theta the stamping will line up exactly each time?

I wonder how that screws it up?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do these retards not realize you can replace firing pins?

I reload.  what are the odds theta the stamping will line up exactly each time?

I wonder how that screws it up?
The stamp goes on the primer I think which gets changed every reload, however the scratches and dings on the casing will overlap making it impossible to decided what gun fired it last.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I think there's a decent chance we'll see microstamping in NY next year or the year after if the GOP loses the Senate (or even if the useless GOP keeps the Senate)
View Quote

Didn't California try it and then cancel it?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#22]
I wonder how amazed these people would be if they knew one could build a 12 gauge shotgun that would work (at least once) with some pipe from Home Depot and some scrap wood and a few hardware parts.

Using simple tools.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think there's a decent chance we'll see microstamping in NY next year or the year after if the GOP loses the Senate (or even if the useless GOP keeps the Senate)

No, it's the law in California and the reason NO NEW SEMIAUTO HANDGUNS have been introduced to the market here in more than three years.

The number of available models is dwindling now.  Within a few years there may not be any at all.

If the gun manufacturers all developed spines and stopped selling all of their products to LE agencies here, it would go away quickly.  No more Smith & Wesson guns, handcuffs, bicycles, knives, etc.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:24:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Found my answer... 10 rounds.   The fucking microstamping lasted TEN rounds.   Less than a full mag (unless you live in a bullshit state)

http://www.gunfacts.info/gun-control-myths/microstamping/

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:58:38 AM EDT
[#25]
This is a backdoor gun ban !!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:35:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Found my answer... 10 rounds.   The fucking microstamping lasted TEN rounds.   Less than a full mag (unless you live in a bullshit state)

http://www.gunfacts.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Microstamping-microstamp-after-test-firing-in-lab4.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.gunfacts.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Microstamping-microstamp-after-test-firing-in-lab4.jpg

Drinkyourovaltine?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:53:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Or just flat don't care
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not democrats.

Or just flat don't care

They don't care because the real purpose of microstamping is not to fight crime.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top