Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:24:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess this is just a case of "smoke em if you've got em". And since this is all they have, it appears they have chosen to ride this sinking ship to the bottom. Oh well, suits me just fine.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
From the Viacom Liacom message board: "What's the FONT Kenneth?"

If Rather has ANY stones at all, he will own up to the mess...

say, he's a Texas boy, ain't he? You guys gonna take him back?

No.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:34:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

We don't admit to him in the first place  Did see him on Lake Travis once.  The makeup guys do an amazing job on him.  He looks worse than Ted Kennedy in real life.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Tagaroni.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:37:55 AM EDT
[#5]
From www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,132409,00.html

The former secretary of Bush's Texas Air National Guard (search) commander said she believed the documents in question were fake, but also that they accurately reflected her boss's opinions.

Uh, ma'am...if the documents are fake, then they don't accurately reflect ANYTHING!!!  Stupid bitch...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:44:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Uh, ma'am...if the documents are fake, then they don't accurately reflect ANYTHING!!!  Stupid bitch...

She's also a known Bush basher saying he was selected not elected and is unfit for duty.  So her opinion is completely biased.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She's also a know Bush basher saying he was selected not elected and is unfit for duty.  So her opinion is completely biased.

Really???  Do you have a link that backs that up...I'd love to read that!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No, the man has shit his skillet, he is no longer welcome in the Free State of Texas
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She's also a know Bush basher saying he was selected not elected and is unfit for duty.  So her opinion is completely biased.

Sure.  Here you go.  www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/9/15/115925.shtml
Here's the summary info

CBS was quick to respond:

“As far as we can tell, this individual is not a documents expert,” announced CBS’ Sandy Genelius. “We believe the documents, which were one part of the 60 Minutes story, to be genuine. It is notable that she confirms the content of the documents, which was the primary focus of our story in the first place.”

Notably, Knox, 86, is no fan of President Bush, telling the News that she does not support Bush as president, deeming him “unfit for office” and “selected, not elected.”

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:05:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure.  Here you go.  www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/9/15/115925.shtml
Here's the summary info

“As far as we can tell, this individual is not a documents expert,” announced CBS’ Sandy Genelius. “We believe the documents, which were one part of the 60 Minutes story, to be genuine. It is notable that she confirms the content of the documents, which was the primary focus of our story in the first place.”

Notably, Knox, 86, is no fan of President Bush, telling the News that she does not support Bush as president, deeming him “unfit for office” and “selected, not elected.”

Thanks!  Yeah, it's NewsMax, but it wouldn't surprise me about that stupid bitch...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Still waiting...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:18:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Are we there yet?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:18:49 AM EDT
[#14]

“As far as we can tell, this individual is not a documents expert,” announced CBS’ Sandy Genelius. “We believe the documents, which were one part of the 60 Minutes story, to be genuine. It is notable that she confirms the content of the documents, which was the primary focus of our story in the first place.

Well, shit, as long as the CONTENT was the focus, then there is nothing to see here. Who cares if the documents are forged - the CONTENT was correct.

Move along, now. Move along.

Av.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:39:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
CBS News : We ran out of gas. We, We had a flat tire. We didn't have enough money for cab fare. Our tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole our car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T OUR FAULT, WE SWEAR TO GOD.

Sure, Dan, suuuuure......

Just, this time, don't take off the sunglasses......

..or else, she's gonna......

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#16]
The Vatican is more outgoing about announcing new popes...

are we waiting for puffs of smoke from the top of W 57th?

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#17]
First Mate:  Errr...Cap'n Rather sir, we seem to be takin' a bit of water sir.  I think we may ha' sprung a leak sir.

Cap'n Dan: Nonsense First Mate.  Full speed ahead helmsman.  Steady as she goes.

First Mate:  Well sir...Cap'n Rather...we be listin' a bit sir.  'Bout 20 degrees sir.

Cap'n Dan: 20 degrees you say?  That can't be right.  We were certified seaworthy before we sailed.  They gave me this certificate.  See, right there it says we're good to go.

First Mate: Can I see that document sir?

Cap'n Dan: Why?  I said it was legitimate didn't I?   What are you implying?

First Mate: Er...nothin' sir except that the men are havin' a bit 'o trouble gettin' the lifeboats off with the heavy list we'r takin' sir.

Cap'n Dan: Lifeboats!?  Why...what the devil for man?  We're ship shape I tell you.  (Leans forward )
Engine room...more steam!  Engine room?  Ahoy the engine room!  First mate get down to the engine room and find out why no one is answering.

First Mate: Aye Cap'n.  I'll be goin' there straight away sir.  Right after I check on the lifeboats sir.

Cap'n Dan: GLUB GLUB GLUB GLUB
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
First Mate:  Errr...Cap'n Rather sir, we seem to be takin' a bit of water sir.  I think we may ha' sprung a leak sir.

Cap'n Dan: Nonsense First Mate.  Full speed ahead helmsman.  Steady as she goes.

First Mate:  Well sir...Cap'n Rather...we be listin' a bit sir.  'Bout 20 degrees sir.

Cap'n Dan: 20 degrees you say?  That can't be right.  We were certified seaworthy before we sailed.  They gave me this certificate.  See, right there it says we're good to go.

First Mate: Can I see that document sir?

Cap'n Dan: Why?  I said it was legitimate didn't I?   What are you implying?

First Mate: Er...nothin' sir except that the men are havin' a bit 'o trouble gettin' the lifeboats off with the heavy list we'r takin' sir.

Cap'n Dan: Lifeboats!?  Why...what the devil for man?  We're ship shape I tell you.  (Leans forward )
Engine room...more steam!  Engine room?  Ahoy the engine room!  First mate get down to the engine room and find out why no one is answering.

First Mate: Aye Cap'n.  I'll be goin' there straight away sir.  Right after I check on the lifeboats sir.

Cap'n Dan: GLUB GLUB GLUB GLUB

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:11:58 AM EDT
[#19]

DELAYS NOON EDT ANNOUNCEMENT; NEW TIME: 3:30PM EDT... DEVELOPING...

Per DrudgeReport.Com
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:13:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

obviously the son of some thieving yankee carpet baggin sumbitch

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#21]
rn45...That was FUNNY, True and FUNNY!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I was just channel surfing and paused for a moment to check out Ivan coverage on CNN. I saw a scroll at the bottom of the screen saying the DNC had just created a long 2 minute tv ad questioning Bush's service based upon the CBS documents.

Man, how I hope this is proven a total forgery and lie! I already know it is, but I mean the kind of proof that is not in any way doubted. Come on CBS, please come forward and admit those are false!

Just think of all the time, money and energy put into the DNC attack ad. Wouldn't it be cool if the basis for the ad was proven a total fabrication just as it started airing? Oh man. Ahhhhhhhh haaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

+1
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#24]

Meanwhile, Rep. Chris Cox (search), R-Calif., chairman of the House Policy Committee and of the Homeland Security Committee, called on Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Telecommunications Chairman Fred Upton, R-Mich., to investigate CBS News' use of "apparently forged of documents concerning the service record of President George W. Bush intended to unfairly damage his reputation and influence the outcome of the 2004 presidential election."

Heheh.  Apparently CBS doesn't like being dragged in front of a Congressional Hearing to provide their source for the documents.

Funny, I was listening to talk radio yesterday (I think it was Hugh Hewitt) and he was telling people to call the capital switchboard to encourage congresspeople to do exactly this.  Guess someone got through.

/me grabs popcorn
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#25]
This all comes down to what the meaning of "memo" is.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
The Vatican is more outgoing about announcing new popes...

are we waiting for puffs of smoke from the top of W 57th?

"habemus scapegoatem".......
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

(snip)

Bernard Goldberg saw it coming in his book, "Bias":

"The Ship Be Sinkin'. "

How deep?

"The Sky's the Limit."
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:34:28 AM EDT
[#28]
CNN is discussing this now......OWNED!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:38:36 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Meanwhile, Rep. Chris Cox (search), R-Calif., chairman of the House Policy Committee and of the Homeland Security Committee, called on Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Telecommunications Chairman Fred Upton, R-Mich., to investigate CBS News' use of "apparently forged of documents concerning the service record of President George W. Bush intended to unfairly damage his reputation and influence the outcome of the 2004 presidential election."

Heheh.  Apparently CBS doesn't like being dragged in front of a Congressional Hearing to provide their source for the documents.

Funny, I was listening to talk radio yesterday (I think it was Hugh Hewitt) and he was telling people to call the capital switchboard to encourage congresspeople to do exactly this.  Guess someone got through.

/me grabs popcorn

'

mmmmm, popcorn!!!

Sounds good.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:38:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Now they've bumped the time to 5pm
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

/me grabs popcorn

Followup:  It was Hugh Hewitts show.

www.hughhewitt.com/#postid893

Call the switchboard people, get this thing in front of congress, let's REALLY sock it to CBS.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:44:00 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

What was said? And has CBS finally released whatever statement they were going to release? First they said noon. Then they moved it to 3:30. Well, 3:30 is now past, so have they made the announcement?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:44:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
P806 that is one very disturbing avatar!

I agree.  Disturbing, but somehow funny.  I just figure the horse is Dan Rather, and Gumby represents the network feeding frenzy.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#37]
CBS is probably waiting for the full force of Ivan to hit shore, therefore taking the spotlight off of them.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:51:32 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
The daytime <conservative> talk radio will be over--and the hurricane coverage will inundate it--or they are in complete chaos, and utterly unable to find a suitable way to spin it.  

Sean Hannity runs until 7:00 (unless he gets pre-empted by a Braves game like he does here every other freakin night.)
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:52:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Now it'll be at 5PM.  Sigh... dig yourself in deeper already.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
CBS is probably waiting for the full force of Ivan to hit shore, therefore taking the spotlight off of them.

Typical MSM...take advantage of the misery of others to advance your career...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Talk radio will be all over it tomorrow - IF they actually make a statement.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How true.  Unbelievable, the level of depravity the Left will sink to.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:02:29 PM EDT
[#44]
OK, popcorns gone, now what?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:02:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Do insiders at CBS know something about the pending announcement?

Check out the chart for VIACOM's stock today... especially a coulple major dives not explained by other news about the company.

home.bellsouth.net/s/fc.dll?ep=43&symbol=via/b
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What was said? And has CBS finally released whatever statement they were going to release? First they said noon. Then they moved it to 3:30. Well, 3:30 is now past, so have they made the announcement?

Not much, but my position is that if one lib network is talking about the other, this is popcorn-worthy.

sgtar15 was right all along. This is gonna hit Kerry like Ivan is gonna hit the gulf coast....
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:05:26 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not much, but my position is that if one lib network is talking about the other, this is popcorn-worthy.

sgtar15 was right all along. This is gonna hit Kerry like Ivan is gonna hit the gulf coast....

Don't ever say that!  He can hear you!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#48]
What's the frequency Kenneth Dan ?

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:06:10 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

the competitors of CBS are going to hammer Dan Blather like Ivan hitting a screen door...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
OK, popcorns gone, now what?

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top