BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 8:22:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Gentlemen,

I bring greetings from the United Nations!

We are the messengers of peace!

Please be patient, July 9th is just around the corner!

We will soon see just how much the United Nations can, and will attempt to, affect your way of life in the United States of America.

I truly hope that all of the nations of the world will come to a unanimous agreement, and condemn illicit arms sales on a global scale.

All weapons of mass destruction must be confiscated and disposed of in an appropriate manner.

I beseech you to please urge the United States Ambassador To The United Nations, the Honorable James Cunningham, to support this extremely important referendum.

We are doing it for the chidren!

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Kofi Annan:
Gentlemen,

I bring greetings from the United Nations!

We are the messengers of peace!

Please be patient, July 9th is just around the corner!

We will soon see just how much the United Nations can, and will attempt to, affect your way of life in the United States of America.

I truly hope that all of the nations of the world will come to a unanimous agreement, and condemn illicit arms sales on a global scale.

All weapons of mass destruction must be confiscated and disposed of in an appropriate manner.

I beseech you to please urge the United States Ambassador To The United Nations, the Honorable James Cunningham, to support this extremely important referendum.

We are doing it for the chidren!

Thank you.
View Quote

[img]http://users.javanet.com/~jim1/images/gungrabber.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is my deal. Note that they say that they are only concerned about "illicit arms trade", not "law abiding citizens and lega transfers". The key phrase to note is that they say "legal" transfers are ok. The problem with this, legal to them means no guns at all in the hands of civilians. How can we really trust an organization that proudly displays a gun barrel on a revolver twisted into a knot? Remember what should be legal to them is no guns at all in the hands of private citizens, only government and politicians should be allowed to have the guns.

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 9:13:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Email done!
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 9:34:21 PM EDT
[#5]
This might be a 'corny' comparison.  The United Nations is just like the Borg in Star Trek.

"Resistance is Futile." and what ever else they said (can't recall). Their view of 'perfection' is all that matters and who ever doesn't agree will be 'assimilated' so that they can reach 'perfection'.

As long as there are people with the will to be free....... they will find a way.

Weopons are machines developed by 'man'.  You may take mine away, but the knowledge to make another remains.  All you need is the steel and the lathe......and once again, you have your weopons to fight to be free.

A simplified way...........

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top