User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:00:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Because fuck you that's why. Leave my .38 Spl. alone.  Leave my .357 mag alone.  Why do you want my .38 caliber bullets to have to jump another 1/4 inch before they get to the rifling.  Why do you want to spoil the perfect lines and proportions of all good J Frame Smiths with that distorted short penis compensating longer .357 cylinder.  If I wanted a gun chambered in .357 Magnum I would have bought one (and I did). Why do you hate .38 SPL!!!???!?!?!?!?!

IT AIN'T BROKE!!!!!!!   LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE FUCK IS FUCKING WRONG WITH YOU???!!!!!!!!!!

/rant
View Quote

you got it right man, hit the nail on the head

to me .38 revolvers seem to fit in the hands perfectly
its as if they were crafted by the hands of the gods
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:23:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Because fuck you that's why. Leave my .38 Spl. alone.  Leave my .357 mag alone.  Why do you want my .38 caliber bullets to have to jump another 1/4 inch before they get to the rifling.  Why do you want to spoil the perfect lines and proportions of all good J Frame Smiths with that distorted short penis compensating longer .357 cylinder.  If I wanted a gun chambered in .357 Magnum I would have bought one (and I did). Why do you hate .38 SPL!!!???!?!?!?!?!

/rant
View Quote

You sure are one grumpy coconut.

All that hate is going to spoil your milk, boy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:35:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Why make .380?  9mm?  .40?  When everyone can just have a .45.

Different options for different people
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:44:07 AM EDT
[#4]
A word of caution here. If you have one of the exotic alloy 357's and are going to shoot the full house loads.

Fire four then take a set of calipers to the last two. Check to see if OAL has changed. They act like kinetic bullet pullers.

If the crimp isn't really good the bullet may come forward far enough to tie up the gun.

This is not as much a problem on the alloy 38+p guns or the 357 steel ones. It is something to consider.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:51:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Tell me about the grips on the Model 60
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
642 is in 38+p the model 60 is in full house 357.
The only thing that changes is that in 357 they are all steel.
Now titanium and Scandium change the rules a bit. But that's the way it used to be. I got both.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0207_zpsbaf77e83.jpg

+1
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:50:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Because I like 38 Special and I, Ameshawki, control the firearms industry in this country.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:55:01 AM EDT
[#7]
That's sharp
Quoted:
Even a K-frame (small frame) .357 is still a pretty hefty gun compared to a detectives special or something like that.

http://i57.tinypic.com/m9ln2w.jpg

As such, .38 spcl loads shot through it are easy to control like shooting a pellet gun.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:57:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
SW 442...
View Quote

My Father recently gave me his S&W 442, I'm very impressed with it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:58:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Because for most shooting, people use 38 anyway, and even when they need a little more power, a +p does everything they need without extra size and weight.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:01:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:26:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
.357 in a J frame requires a stronger gun. That means at a minimum a heavier and more expensive gun...or if you want a really light gun, a dramatically more expensive gun...and for marginal benefits in terms of stopping bad guys.

I'll stick to my .38, thanks.
View Quote

S&W 360PD is only a 11.4oz revolver and is chamber in 357 Mag.  You can be stronger AND lighter if your willing to pay more for it. The 360PD is 3.6oz ligher than a 442/642 but roughly twice as expensive.  It is a very unpleasant revolver to shoot with 38 +P and with 357 Mag it's hand numbing.

I shoot more 38 Short Colt than 38 Special and 357 Mag combined.  I wish 9mm Federal (rimmed 9mm, dimensionally very similar to 38 Short Colt but operating at 9x19mm pressures) had made it.  S&W could make a scandium/titanium J-frame like the 360PD but with a shorter frame and cylinder.  You could probably shorten the entire revolver (frame and cylinder) by a bit over 1/2 inch without shortening the barrel.  This would also shave at least another ounce maybe two off the weight while still having 9mm performance, at least 9mm short barrel performance.  Probably never make market sense but it would be a neat revolver.

The new 9mm LCR from Ruger is interesting but not worth investing in since they did not shorted the cylinder and frame to take advantage of the shorter 9mm cartridge.  The 9mm version has no meaningful advantage over the 357Mag version unless you shorted the cylinder/frame.  I will stick with my 442 moonclip for the time being.

YMMV
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:50:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

+1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
642 is in 38+p the model 60 is in full house 357.
The only thing that changes is that in 357 they are all steel.
Now titanium and Scandium change the rules a bit. But that's the way it used to be. I got both.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0207_zpsbaf77e83.jpg

+1

They are knockoff S&W Combat Finger Groove grips almost down to the last detail. I don't know the maker.
Just picked them up at the same gun show I bought the revolver at for 30$. The rubber ones lower left are what it came with.
Wider at the bottom, Takes stress off the pinky and ring fingers. Gives you a great hold on the gun.

No S&W logo though. Crappy photo for comparison.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:15:37 PM EDT
[#13]
For a little more purchase and the wood look, I have been watching for a set of these.
There is a lot of work in those grips and I know how they will fit my hand and the gun.

Link

I prefer them smooth but those would look mighty fine clamped around a stainless gun.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:13:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

/rant
View Quote
Switch to decaf.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top