Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 5:40:40 AM EDT
[#1]

I have a new set of handguards (6 3/4" OAL, no heat shields) and a newly refinished USGI 30 to send you, if you want them.  I am in the process of refinishing my first 2 mags, one of which will belong to your father, thanks to my order from CMMG. Also, thanks to FALARAK for the damn good instruction as to how to refinish mags!!!

Give me an address

I have a limited collection of floorplates.  Give me your preferences and I will try to comply.

Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#2]
threefiftynone,

Thanks!  Any floorplate will do, whatever you have most of.  My address is in the reply right above yours.

To all:  

I guess parts should start coming in about a week or so.  I'll post progress, and get a better idea of what is needed.  A friend is going to hook me up with a leftover Century lower for pretty cheap, anyone ever used one of these?

Balming
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 2:43:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Lemme know if you want the barrel and fire control group.  The barrel is 20" and bare, you'll still need a front site/gas block, although I have a gas tube I'll send as well.

SRM
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Blaming- I have misc. springs, buffer springs, roll pins, etc. Not sure exactly, but if there is any small part you happen to be missing, let me know - I probably have it and you're more than welcomed to it.

Also, I'll be sending a bandoleer kit (guide, stripper clips) to you to make this whole package complete.

God Bless you and your family!

Feel free to email me!
[email][email protected][/email]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a pair of round full length handguards (light weight, no heat shield) and an A1 style pistol grip. Let me know if you can use them.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Balming,

That is a cool thing to do.  When I was a kid (Late 70's) my dad would get the catalog from Auto-Ordnance and look at the Thompson 1927A-1.  Every other year he would order their catalog and look.  In 1996, I bought him one.  He was like a kid.  We went shooting a few times and it was always a source of conversation.  He died in 1999 just short of his 66th birthday.  I never regretted buying it for him.

Link Posted: 7/29/2002 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#7]
SRM, The barrel and gas tube sound good!  I can round up a front gas block.  If you have paypal I can send you some $ for shipping.  My address is posted a few responses above.

HKgunner, Thanks for the offer on the springs!  When I get some parts in and start putting this together, I'll have a better idea of what I need. Thanks for the bandoleer kit too!

Balming
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey Balming Dude,
E-mail me (cause my mind is a terrible thing):
I've got 13 years sober and a cranky but lovable German Dad.
You can have my spare leatherwood scope mount and Millet steel rings.
Wish I had a spare scope...

[:)>]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:26:04 PM EDT
[#9]
i have a Colt weaver 1" hi rise scope mount and Bushy carbine handguards. email me if you want them. ill send them to you free of charge.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I feeel a "Group Hug" coming on...

Link Posted: 7/29/2002 6:30:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Wish I had something to contribute.  But money's been real tight for a while and all the "parts and pieces" have been sold off.

Damn good thing your doin' for your dad. I need to call mine and see how he's doin'.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Emails sent.

I've never been the "group hug" kind of guy, but the support of my sobriety, and all the help offered helping me build my Dad's rifle is moving for me.  I can't wait to see his face when I give it to him!  My wife said she will take some digital pics of him getting it, and us shooting together for me to post for y'all.

Balming
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 7:45:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey Balming,
I have a Front sight base for a heavy barrel (?) if you need it. Also have a carry handle scope mount and I *think* a buffer spring and buffer...I'll look in the parts box and see if I have anything else that will help ya out. My Dad is from Glencoe, as was his entire side of the family. Still have folks there. Email me [email protected]
AR'Right!
Pit
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Email sent PitViper.

Balming
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Okay, so what are you up to?  What do you have/still need?

Mike
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:05:29 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm pretty sure I will have most of it, except maybe a few small parts in the lower.  I will know for sure within 4-5 days from now, when some parts start coming in. I'll post a definate list when that happens.

Thanks,

Balming
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:00:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Well, hell....  I donated a refinished USGI 30.

You had high cap mags to trade for parts (after I read the whole original post).

Fuck It, I'm sending it anyway.  Maybe somebody will trade you some parts that you need for the mag.  

Rock on.

And congrats for being true to yourself.

timmy
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#18]
threefiftyone,

The mags I had to trade weren't that great, and I only had a few.  I'll keep the nice refinished one and put it in the rifle when I give it to him.  Thanks!

Balming
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hey Balming Dude,

View Quote

I had to dig this out from under the reloading bench. I've got a Simmons (Model # 7725) Prohunter 1" 4.5x32mm scope in silver finish. Perhaps a can of black spray paint could fix that...? Email me if interested.

And thanks for the reminder, my dad's birthday is Aug 15th. [:)]

Semper Fi
Dave
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll get the stuff out as soon as I can (Friday or Monday), I have had some problems getting all the packaging materials.

SRM

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 8:00:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey Balming Dude,

View Quote

I had to dig this out from under the reloading bench. I've got a Simmons (Model # 7725) Prohunter 1" 4.5x32mm scope in silver finish. Perhaps a can of black spray paint could fix that...? Email me if interested.

And thanks for the reminder, my dad's birthday is Aug 15th. [:)]

Semper Fi
Dave
View Quote

The Leatherwood mount is kinda long,
shoot me a couple of dimensions so I can send the right rings...

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 6:17:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Dan,
Did you get my email?

If not, send me one.  I have a question.

Thanks,
Tim
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:32:24 AM EDT
[#23]
I see you have almost everything..This Ar15 Family is by far the best. You will not find any place on the internet people helping others like this and I don't mean just for guns.

The only thing I can add for you to do for your farther is Stay Clean & Sober. Just Keep on coming. Make sure he is at your first Anniversary. This is the best way to make amends.

If you need any support in your recovery do not hesitate to send me a line. It sounds like your doing fine with it. Trust me you sobriety is the most important element in your life all the time ONE DAY AT A TIME.....Bless every one who has helped him and the whole AR15 Family.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
.... The Leatherwood mount is kinda long,
shoot me a couple of dimensions so I can send the right rings...

View Quote

2.4" from the objective end taper to the turrets,
1.13" across the turrets,
2.95" from the turrets to the eyepiece taper
6.48" Taper to Taper
12" OAL

1.5" OD at the objective lens bell
1.65" OD at the eyepiece lens bell

BTW Balming, the lifetime warranty paperwork is in the box. Will it work, guys?
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:06:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Send the scope,
I'll adjust the Rings...
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#26]
edpmedic posted:

"This Ar15 Family is by far the best. You will not find any place on the internet people helping others like this and I don't mean just for guns."

You got that right!  I originally wanted to trade some of my things for old AR parts, or have y'all point me in the right direction of a cheap parts source.  What happened and what is still happening is great!  I never expected this much.

I am trying to talk my Father into coming to The Great Southern Freedom Shoot with me.  It would be great.  We haven't done anything together like that since I was a kid and he would take me fishing or on vacation.  At least 20 years or so.  I'll try.

edpmedic, thanks for the support.  I'll make sure both of my parents are at my 1st anniversary, if I make it, and they are able.

Balming
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 7:42:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Add to Saved Cycles  Oakville, WA    $2,100.00
1964 HONDA, 250 DREAM, blk. w/white wall tires, 28,320 mi, very nice, $2,100, 360-482-8319, Oakville, WA. See Photos  
View Quote

Oakville is a town of about 200 people, about 20 miles from where I live.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 5:22:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Heading to the Post Orifice right now.  

Mag incoming.  It ain't much, but you seem to have the rest of the bases covered.  LMK if you come up short on anything!

Tim
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Threefiftynone,

I received the mag today and I must say that is the best refinish job I have ever seen!  I wouldn't have known it was refinished if you had not told me, and I've seen a lot of refinished mags.

What type of finish did you use?

Also, I have your stuff boxed, and I'll try to get it out tomorrow.

Balming

Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:13:21 PM EDT
[#30]
I've got a couple of scopes I could donate, don't know if you need one:

(1) Leapers 3-9x40, mounts on carry handle

(2) Nice Redfield 3-9x50, but would need rings, etc. to mount to rifle.

Let me know.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 1:36:14 AM EDT
[#31]
That mag was done with CMMG's kit.  Sanded with 120 grit, washed well with slightly soapy water and a toothbrush, dried, and then wiped with PreKleano.  That's the stuff auto painters ues right before applying new paint.  Three coats of PermaSlik later, dried in the oven for an hour or so.  

The complete directions are in the Magazines Forum.

Glad you liked it!

One day at a time, brother!
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 4:32:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for the offer marvl!  I believe I have the optics covered, but if not i'll let you know.

Balming
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 8:33:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Ok Balming, time to update that short list. You should have a good idea what's on the way. We need to know what else is needed (tapping foot impatiently).
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#34]
I ordered the lower today, a Rock River Arms.  So far I have:

-Stripped bolt (it was in a blown-up Armalite, so it might not be OK)
-Stripped a1 buttstock
-magazine
-ejector assy.
-extractor assy
-a few small springs and pins

That is what I have received thus far.  I imagine the stuff people said they would send will get here this week.

Balming
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Here is what I have aquired so far:

Lower, stripped

a2 upper, stripped

colt 20" heavy barrel, stripped

barrel retaining nut

pistol grip

charging handle

front sight post

mag button

firing pin

extraxtor

ejector

full length buffer

a1 stock, stripped

gas tube

dust cover

delta ring assy.

Thanks to all who have donated and those who have traded with me.

I'll keep everyone updated.

Balming
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:41:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Edited my post to reflect I have a gas tube.  I've had several requests to keep people updated, so I may bump this a few times and do it here.

Thanks,

Balming
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top