Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2015 7:35:02 PM EDT
My wife and I have budgeted $300 for each of us for Christmas.  I've been shooting 3-gun for a few years.  Below is a list of what I use.  Suggestions on things I didn't know exist but obviously need would be greatly appreciated.

AR- PSA 16 carbine with a Troy delta battle rail topped with a Vortex sparc.  All else is stock.  I use magpul magazines with nordic comp extensions.

Shotgun- Rem 1100 w/9 round tube and aftermarket plastic furniture and dave's easy loader.  I use a taccom 8up dual loader.

Pistol- Glock 34 w/ ghost rocket 3.5 kit and warren tactical sights.  I've got a couple dawson mag extenstions. I have a couple safariland mag pouches that I like very much.

I use a instructor's belt right now and have put in a request for a CR speed belt kit.

Thanks in advance guys!
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you running a comp/brake on your rifle? If not, I would start there.

Do you have the baby stroller (i.e. gun carrying device)?

$300 will not get you far, but have you thought about going to a scope vs a red dot? Depending on the distances at your local matches you shoot, you may never need it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I use my kids' radio flyer to haul my junk around.  I will look into the compensator.  It will need to be one that gives off minimal concussion as this rifle doubles as part of our safety plan.  I know a couple of good studies have been done comparing muzzle devices.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:38:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StealthyBlagga] [#3]
Do all the guns run 100% reliably (particularly the shotgun)? If the shotgun gives you trouble, consider selling it and upgrading to a Benelli, Beretta or VersaMax. If the guns all run well, spend ~$100-150 on a shot timer, then the rest on practice ammo. This will likely yield far more improvement than buying more equipment. If you must buy equipment, my guess would be that more load 2/4 shotshell caddies would give you the biggest bang for your buck.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:21:58 PM EDT
[#4]
My 1100 has run 100% for I'd say going on at least 10 matches.  I keep it clean and lightly lubed as well as replacing the o-ring often.  Thanks VERY much for the suggestion of a shot timer.
We have a separate line item in our budget for buying ammo, so we're good there.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:16:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you have a variety of rifle magazines?   A 20 rd magazine, a 40 rd magazine and possibly a coupled pair of 30's might come in handy.

If you don't have one and have the time to practice, a .22LR conversion for your AR would make a nice present.

How about an upgrade to your shooting glasses or ear muffs.  I went to electronic muffs a few years ago and couldn't believe I waited so long.

Another consideration is get a nice set of airsoft pistols.  Good ones seem to hold together and you can get one to match your competition handguns.  When my grandkids are in town its time for a little competition in the back yard.  Decent practice and a lot of fun.

Think about some of the matches you and the wife went to.  Was there anything that you felt you needed to be a better competitor?  Put that at the top of your list.

Before you get too carried away, also keep in mind, it not the arrow, its the Indian.  Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:49:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks very much for the responses.  I shoot with some very well funded 3-gunners.    "Indian, not the arrow" is something I have to repeat every other second or so.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 9:29:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Punch20:
Thanks very much for the responses.  I shoot with some very well funded 3-gunners.    "Indian, not the arrow" is something I have to repeat every other second or so.
View Quote

I tell myself that ........... a lot.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 2:27:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 8:56:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the recommendation!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top